[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Someone told me you can join the military and stay at a base/never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Mideast-Israel-Milita_sham-1.jpg (738 KB, 2000x1299) Image search: [Google]
Mideast-Israel-Milita_sham-1.jpg
738 KB, 2000x1299
Someone told me you can join the military and stay at a base/never get deployed.
They said you get paid less of course.

Is this true?
Is there a name for that type of position?
>>
POG
>>
>>28334743
I was a 25P for 6 1/2 years. $40000 sign-on in 2008 and never once saw a deployable unit.
>>
>>28334776
>>28334756
Is it possible to join/apply to be a POG?
Instead of joining as an infantry that may be deployed?
>>
>>28334826
Yeah. Why would you want to? I could understand if your only skill was following orders and being relatively physically fit, but if you're not going to be a grunt, you could earn more and catch less bullshit as a civvie.
>>
>>28334826
If you don't need an ASVAB waiver to join, you can usually be something that's not a grunt or truck driver.

Be warned though, if you go grunt your job stateside is digging grass out of the sidewalk.
>>
>>28334826
you know theres more jobs in the military than just infantry, right? do some research find something that looks interesting so you can earn a paycheck and do something cool
>>
>>28334870
Went in with a 87 asvab score. Opted for a open slot. Ended up truck driver bc previous "muh OEF" manning. now no need for my career field cause no more convoys for us. Feels bad mayne
>>
>>28334874
>>28334870
>>28334841
Ty for info but its not for me.
My wife's 70 something year old uncle has a son in the us that lterally cannot leave the country because he's breeding and owes child support.

So being tired of strugglimg and being poor, his oldest child/son has enlisted to join some part of the military. He just finished high school.

Basically, my wife's uncle can't handle it if his grandson who he's never met gets killed. I met an american who enlisted but staysat some vase in Alaska. I forgot the term he used to describe people that do his line of work. "Base operations" or something like that.

But wait, we've gotten pics of this kid in uniform already. Does that mean he's already joined infantry? Is it too late for him to be a POG?
>>
>>28334989
that most likely means he's already enlisted and has probably passed basic

are there any visible insignia? that would probably help you identify his MOS
>>
even if you pick infantry you probably won't deploy and its not like you make tons more money on deployment. People just save a bunch because they can't waste it on alcohol and strippers
>>
>>28335026
Spoke with uncle.
Said its definitely army.
>>
>>28334989
it's peace time anyway, the US is not involved in any major war where grunts are deployed in combat

the chances of dying as an infantry guy are next to nothing these days
stop treating this guy like a baby
>>
>>28334743
It is true, but I have no fucking idea what they are. Ran into a handful of folks who had done this, even in combat arms.

TRADOC duty (purgatory) is one way

However if the lengths of your research are
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.