[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Next week, I'll have to leave my house for about 6 hours.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: thx-obama.jpg (74 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
thx-obama.jpg
74 KB, 600x400
Next week, I'll have to leave my house for about 6 hours. Again. I have to do that every few weeks, since I can remember. They evacuate whole neighbourhoods because they find some WWII bombs that did not explode back then.

It must be a few thousand bombs that have gone "missing", without anyone noticing that they build whole new neighbourhoods on tons of TNT. How the fuck is that possible?

And it's only the ones that didn't go off, and somehow were undiscovered. Just imagine the shitload of bombs ur granddads have been dropping on mine.

what the fuck /k/
>>
>>28315853
Shouldn't have been evil fucks then.
>>
File: RFN.png (195 KB, 311x311) Image search: [Google]
RFN.png
195 KB, 311x311
>>28315853
Git rekt yuropoor/gookchinknip
>>
Play Nazi games, win Nazi prizes
>>
File: luftmine_koblenz.jpg (304 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
luftmine_koblenz.jpg
304 KB, 1280x853
>>28315882

Yes, I get that. I'm not that kind of German who wants revenge for Dresden or something, but it still pisses me off that I'm not allowed in my house every few weeks. And I really wonder how long it will take till they found the last ones.
>>
>>28315894
Oooh, a Cookie!
>>
>>28315894
>And I really wonder how long it will take till they found the last ones.

In Belgium and Tin he Netherlands they still fiinding arty shells and bombs from 1st WW, which was almost fucking 100 years ago. So. I'll say it will take some time
>>
>>28315882
>le collective guilt
>>
Everyone responsible on both sides is dead or in a nursing home. Get over it
>>
>>28315894
Sounds like a good job for North African and Syrian "refugees."
>>
I know a guy who grew up on top of a german 500 kg bomb.

When the house was demolished, they found the bomb, right under the foundation of the house.

I just find it a beautiful thought, people live their lives on top of bombs, without knowing their lives can be taken away at any moment.
>>
Yeah, but at least it isn't minefields like Cambodia.
>>
>>28315990
Is there really any semblance of a chance that an artillery shell from a hundred years ago will actually go off? It seems like by now it would be too degraded, especially since there are no plastic parts in them anymore.
>>
>>28317882
Chemistry 100 years ago is miles away from what it is today. Lots of unstable compounds with rusting fuses just laying around...
>>
>>28317928
But that's my point they're unstable wouldn't they have broken down or become inert?
>>
>>28315894
According to some geologist here in France, the country won't be bomb/shell free before few hundreds years because of some underground space magic that bring old shell on the surface once in a while.
>>
>>28317882
I live in Belgium. Every year a couple of people die from those bombs, but almost always because of bad handling. Sudden explosions almost never happen, but they just can't take the risk in crowded areas. If it actually happens and people die because they didn't evacuate, people will (rightfully) sperg out
>>
They found a 1000kg bomb under one highway in Hessan not too long ago. It'd have to suck to work construction in a country where you need an EOD crew on standby because of how often this stuff happens.
>>
war is hell.
>>
>>28318180
If I remember correctly, in some cases the bombs actually become MORE unstable as time goes by. Comp B is notorious for this.
>>
>>28318239
iv heard a lot of the sea mines can become like that. something about how the picric acid in them forms crystals as it ages and makes it 100 times more sensitive.
>>
>>28318235
War. War never changes.
>>
>>28315853

I knew someone who died some time ago from and undetonated bomb on the beach in brittany.

They were camping and found something buried in the sand.

http://www.thelocal.fr/20140908/world-war-two-bomb-kills-camper-on-french-island

RIP
>>
>>28317882
>It seems like by now it would be too degraded
Just because its become degraded, doesn't mean its become less explosive. Look at dynamite, that shit has a shelf life of a few years beause the nitroglycerin weaps out. After that happens instead of having a fairly stable explosive, you now have a much more sensitive one.
>>
I remember they found one here like a year ago while I was sleeping through the day. Next day someone told me they dug up a bomb andevacuated the area. Obviously didn't know about it since I was sleeping, there are worse ways to die I guess.
>>
File: 1429577243420.jpg (645 KB, 2048x1150) Image search: [Google]
1429577243420.jpg
645 KB, 2048x1150
>>28315894
>the glory of America's industrial war machine still cucks europe to this day

And we'll do it all over again if you act up.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.