[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well guys iwi fucked >"IWI USA has issued a recall f
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: 1fh0yb-660x495.jpg (100 KB, 660x495) Image search: [Google]
1fh0yb-660x495.jpg
100 KB, 660x495
Well guys iwi fucked
>"IWI USA has issued a recall for their newly released Galil ACE pistols due to the presence of a pin hole for a full auto sear."
>http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/12/24/iwi-recalls-galil-ace-pistols-due-to-full-auto-design/#sthash.3kxGqJBz.dpuf
>>
>>28314466
Based Jews bringing back full auto
>>
I'll follow IWI to hell and back
>>
Fuck the ATF
>>
SHEEEIIIIT... So IWI didn't even bother to double-check everything before bringing them to the market?
>>
File: fourtykeks.jpg (34 KB, 292x257) Image search: [Google]
fourtykeks.jpg
34 KB, 292x257
>mfw MAC has to turn in his IWI product
>>
File: india edit.jpg (57 KB, 626x591) Image search: [Google]
india edit.jpg
57 KB, 626x591
>>28314579
MAC leading IWI from the front
>>
>thefirearmblog.com
Yeah nah, fuck off.
>>
>>28314466
Okay, that's pretty cool. Wouldn't it be awesome if IWI is trying to get fully auto to the public?
>>
>having a 3rd pin on a rifle makes it a machine gun
Jesus fuck this logic. I guess we should ban ARs because you can put a little strip of metal and make it full auto. Or Mini-14s, Garands, and M1As because you can tie some string or put a paperclip in and make them select fire.
>>
>The Firearm Blog

Snitches get stitches.
>>
>>28314466
dose this mean Mac and anyone else that has a review Galil has to turn them back in?
>>
>>28314660
Obviously not.
>>
>>28314636
It's worth noting that this is an issue brought up by IWI. They noticed it, realized it might be illegal, contacted the ATF, and started the recall.
>>
>>28314896
?
>>
>>28314466

do I smell future boating accidents? how valuable is this "feature"?
>>
>>28314890
>I guess we should ban ARs because you can put a little strip of metal and make it full auto.

It doesn't work like this.

I doubt anyone actually cares about the new iwi galils anyways
>>
>>28315015
>how valuable is this "feature"?
Not very. You could just drill the hole yourself with a hand drill or drill press.
>>
No one said it was a mandatory recall.
>>
>>28315057
It most definitely is mandatory.
>>
>>28315057
it's mandatory if you don't want the ATF killing your whole family at Christmas dinner for having a post 86 machinegun
>>
>>28315113
haha, jokes on you! i'm all alone for christmas and eating frozen pizza and beer for dinner while watching ralphie in A Christmas Story.
>>
>>28314942
I'm pretty sure MACs ACE isn't a review gun. I seem to remember him saying he purchased with the intent to file the paperwork to have it SBR'd. That being said I'd think the guys with review guns are the most likely to send them back because there's film and photo evidence that they had them.
>>
>>28315130
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FmEm7BKXfQ
>>
>>28315169
So now he has to return it...or now he has an SBR machine gun?
>>
IWI should use this discovery they made and discredit the ATF by pointing out their failure to recognize the issue until IWI themselves had.
>>
>>28315221
>>28315169

They aren't illegal. This is a good faith preemptive recall by IWI to maintain relationships with the ATF. An extra pin hole in the receiver means nothing and does not make it a machine gun.
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 602x528) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 602x528
>>28314466
>muh gay arbitrary gun law so you can modify your own property without some hassle
Fuck the NFA
>>
>>28315015

If most people turn them in AND the ATF rules that they are NOT MGs, there is potential for them to be rare ASSUMING that IWI doesn't import more with the 3rd pin. Lot's of ifs in that situation, but I would hold out for the ATF rulling considering that they are rarely consistent and there is a chance because the receiver is not notched to actually accept the FA sear and you can't even put the selector into the FA position.

Future gunbroker: "RARE 3rd pin Galil Ace pistol" $2500
>>
>>28315291
Only 2500?

Aren't these MSRP at 1600 or something ridiculous?
>>
>>28315300

You are right, I forgot to jew the price up. Probably more like 3500 shekels.
>>
>>28315015
Totally not at all. Full giggle is more than just a little hole in the receiver.
>>
> B A S E D
> A
> S
> E
> D
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.