[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SKS fags needed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: SKS_-_Ryssland_-_AM.045810.jpg (440 KB, 2050x900) Image search: [Google]
SKS_-_Ryssland_-_AM.045810.jpg
440 KB, 2050x900
Hey /k/

I know there's a bunch of SKS fags here, educate me, I know you like to babble about your rifles and I want to learn about them.

Looking to buy one soon and want to learn as much as I can as soon as possible.
>>
Dont put ur face to close to the back of the gun when firing, the recoil will almost break ur nose. Also make sure to clean it or you can have a slam fire. Besides that the gun is extremely reliable and also incredibly accurate for only $200-300. Id recommend getting a different stock and adding a scope eventually for only like $150. Theres really not much history about the gun so modding its not gonna really ruin it.
>>
Pretty much the everyman's semiauto rifle. It's cheap to feed and easy to use and maintain. Buy Chinese if you can as the yugo barrels are not chromed and will suffer if you use corrosive ammunition. Irons should be fine as x39 drops like a rock within 200m anyway. Good luck with your purchase.
>>
>>28307820

What's there to learn?

Good cheap simple rifle. Buy and shoot.
>>
File: 5C_-_SKS.jpg (859 KB, 950x4000) Image search: [Google]
5C_-_SKS.jpg
859 KB, 950x4000
http://www.yooperj.com/SKS.htm
>>
File: 1702.jpg (2 MB, 2000x1500) Image search: [Google]
1702.jpg
2 MB, 2000x1500
If you are thinking about putting an optic on the rifle, be that whatever it is you deem you like. The dust cover mounts are utter trash. Don't let anyone tell you any different, no matter how many 'stabilizing' gizmo's it claims it has. There are so many better options, most of them russian. Such as the PU mount, MOLOT SKS POSP rail mount, so on, that all attach directly to the receiver like any properly mounted optic should.
>>
>>28307940
You know, I think dust cover mounts are garbage as well but recently I used a friends and it'll hold zero well enough out to shoot the ear out of a hog at 60 yards or so. Really, if it's just a plinker, why not?
>>
File: 1438587269608.jpg (127 KB, 638x1052) Image search: [Google]
1438587269608.jpg
127 KB, 638x1052
here you go op
>>
File: 1706.jpg (2 MB, 2000x1500) Image search: [Google]
1706.jpg
2 MB, 2000x1500
>>28307992
Cause the rifle I posted is my hog rifle as well, and it'll do that at 300.
>>
>>28308070
I don't know how well it would do past 100 yards or so but what's the chances of needing x39 further than 100 yards anyway?
>>
>>28307906
>>28308054
Thanks that's basically all I wanted to know.
>>
>>28307940
That clamp to the stock or receiver? I'd love a P/U on an SKS, but wouldn't like to tap through the receiver wall. >>28307820
The SKS is the ultimate "operate on a budget" gun. It'll do pretty much anything, and if you take care of it, will outlast your grandkids.
>>
>>28307820
You're too late. You will pay more for a proper Russian SKS than an AR.
>>28308353
>The SKS is the ultimate "operate on a budget" gun.
It isn't and hasn't been for a decade.
>>
>>28308946
I still see them at shows for about $400. I do see them rising in price though, so hopefully I'll find a good one at the next show or next visit to the local milsurp store.
>>
>>28309041
You see Chinese and Yugo SKS at shows for $425 to $475. Neither are particularly good.
>>
>>28310567
Other than no chrome in the bore and being front heavy from grenade launching stuff, nothing wrong with a Yugo
Nothing wrong with surplus Chink either
>>
>>28310794
That's what I've been able to gather, I would prefer a norinco over a Yugo simply for the chrome but I just want an sks, it's probably going to be a truck and plinking gun so I don't need a $700 top of the line Russian SKS from 1945.
>>
>>28307906
/thread
>>
>>28307820
Got my SKS at funshow. $330+extra fees=~$360.
Clean the fuck out of it before taking it to the range, the firing pin on mine was gunked with cosmo and would've slam fired.
Stripper clips I got don't feed well. Something about an extended lip you have to file down?
>>
>>28308946
Sucks to be you. Good quality Russians can be found in Syrupland for $185-$200 still. At that price, my statement stands.
>>
>>28308946
>It isn't and hasn't been for a decade.

This is true in the USA, however for all the canucks on here you can get these for $200 anywhere that sells guns. I got a seemingly unissued 1953 Russian for $50 last year as part of a package deal, and for that kind of money it's stupid to not buy one.
>>
>>28310794
>Other than no chrome in the bore and being front heavy from grenade launching stuff
That's a pretty big problem to overlook for a meme, friendo.
>Nothing wrong with surplus Chink either
Nothing wrong as long as it was stored correctly. If you know how to check out an SKS you can buy chinkshit on cheap because people don't appreciate it.
>>28310917
Buy a Draco and live your life, then.
>>28311056
Yep. In Canuckistan the SKS can be a good choice, but speaking for the SKS with canadian prices in mind when no one mentioned syrupland in their question is dishonest.
>>28311067
Stop, I can only get so erect.

... nope, still growing.
>>
Someone please explain to me how the recoil could cause the gun to break my nose. Is the danger there with mosins as well? I know this is a dumb question but for some reason I can't wrap my mind around it.
>>
>>28311306
I'm not entirely sure what that anon is getting at, but I'll wager a guess:

On some 7.62x39 rifles, such as the yugo pap series rifles, you are supposed to keep your nose almost touching the back of the receiver to avoid cheek slap since the gun has a tendency to kick "up." With the sks on the other hand, the recoil kicks "back" so if your nose is that close you'll smash it.

Personally I've never known my sks to kick enough that it would be a problem
>>
>>28308070
Does this take some expert level gun smithing, or is it easy enough if you know how to use a powerdrill
>>
>>28311056
christ. this makes me wonder why I never hear of people just buying crates over there and slipping them across the most unguarded border in the world.
>>
>>28307820
I have a buddy who is tacticool obsessed, always in the weight room, swears he's going to BUD/S.

But he has a Yugo SKS and he swears "it's a piece of shit" but he shoots it with us constantly and I'm yet to see a FTF. I offered him $300 for the rifle, is that a good deal?
I have no idea about the serial numbers and such but he will let me have it for $300.
>>
As good practice when firing if for the first time after storage load only 2 rounds into the mag well. Point down range and release the bolt. If it fires on the release, stop. Then fire. If it shoots two rounds, stop. If neither of the above happens you are good to go. I used break cleaner to get rid of the cosmo on my metal parts when I got mine.
>>
>>28313693
Yes definitely. Buy it and save it from his retarded ass
>>
File: 1441252767983.jpg (145 KB, 862x700) Image search: [Google]
1441252767983.jpg
145 KB, 862x700
>>28307940
nice scope mount. I'm at maximum erection anaon
>>
>>28313693
He swears it's a piece of shit because it's a yugo. Check it out and if there aren't any major functional issues buy it for $300.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.