[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best lower 80% r15 and jig set up? those that will
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2
File: P1070305-900x600.jpg (237 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
P1070305-900x600.jpg
237 KB, 900x600
Which is the best 80% Lower ad jig should I get to start off my build?

Be fore you ask why, I live in nyc and the powers that be wont allow us to have AW in the state let alone NYC. I always wanted to build my own but don't know where to start

So it has to end up being an ar pistol looking like this or I have to go with the "bullet button"

Figured since this would be a none ffl build and I live in the city, I go with an that build in the pic.

Most people on youtube love Palmetto, Anderson, Ares

But what about companies like 80% percent arms or any other ones you may suggest.

Don't care if its billet but def want 7075 T6, Most companies are selling out and are on back order so i want to get one right away.

thanks in advance.
>>
File: sssssssssssssssssss.jpg (28 KB, 948x283) Image search: [Google]
sssssssssssssssssss.jpg
28 KB, 948x283
Just a suggestion, I like this style better.
>>
EasyJig
>>
Easy Jig
>>
Uh, I don't think you can do this in New York, man.
>>
>>28300295
I like that one also but its Not NY compliant Unfornatualy.

you tube or google ny complaint ar15 nd you will see what little options we have. Can't even build an SBR.

Fact is Info I really need its just which 80% lower and Jig I should buy.

The rest I can buy peace meal.
>>
>>28300312
>EasyJig
I was going to order this but there is an 8 to 165 week back order for the lower. which lower would go good with this jig?
>>
>>28300320
why? if i order the 80% lower and jig Its not a firearm. I can go buy the rest of the parts at stores and not have them mailed.
>>
>>28300334
opps lol 16 weeks not 165 weeks hahahaha
>>
>>28300322
Sorry I'm not trying to derail your shit but now I'm curious I know that the thing i referenced is for California but I thought it complied to NY specs as well. Am I missing something?

No Pistol Grip
Non Threaded Muzzle
Fixed Stock
10 Round Magazine
No Bayonet lug
>>
>>28300373
Your right and that build in the pic is exactly what ny law makers consider compliant.

Blackrain, Thorsden and a few other makers have the pessary parts for ny compliant rifles..

the butt stock was consider complaint years ago.
I can buy and 11.5 inch none threaded muzzle
the stock does not have to be fixed with this butt stock (if it did then i would go with the bullet button)
and I would purchase a receiver with out a bayonet lug.

Regardless of the build the question remains which is the best 80% lower and jig to get that will work with most uppers? I prefer quality over price, thats all I'm really concerned about.
>>
>>28300424
oops mag doest not have to be fixed, but if it does then i'd go with the bullet button.
>>
>>28300334
Pretty much any 80 will work in an Easy Jig, or any universal jig for that matter
>>
what should I watch out for when I am milling one of these?

ty for all your replies I have been bitten by the bug and want to start on building first of many :)
>>
>>28300543
Don't be a retard, watch out for being retarded.
Don't forget to RTFM
>>
>>28300574

why would i have to rftm, in the state of ny they are not trying to seize fire arms for everyone who complied with the safe act several years ago.
>>
>>28300599
damn auto correct, they are trying to seize
>>
To boot some brooklyn lawmaker is trying to limit your ammo purchase twice the amount of the capacity of the weapon every 90 days, these gun owners would be limited to buying a dozen bullets every three months.
http://www.brooklyneagle.com/articles/2015/12/21/brooklyn-lawmakers-seek-tightly-restrict-sales-ammo-statewide
>>
again not asking for gun law opinions, the thread was started so i know which 80% lower to buy and which jig to buy and if they are from different companies will they work
>>
>>28300279
>>28300295
>>28300322
>>28300373
>>28300424
in NY you can pin the mag and have all the scary features you want. Most businesses and people pin a 10 round magazine to stay on the safe side (no pun intended) but the SAFE Act website does not state a restriction on magazine capacity for a fixed magazine rifle
>>
Easy jig and literally any aluminum lower
BTW it probably isn't legal in new York with assault weapon features
>>
>>28300279
Get EasyJig + Anderson Arms lowers.

Anderson seems to have a daily allotment of 80%s to sell in a day or something because they go out of stock and seem to restock daily. I ordered a few a day or two ago and they are already on their way.
>>
>>28300860
awesome bro thanks :). as much as I Like most are builds I may do a combo. For some reason I kind of like the butt stock on my original image.
>>
>>28300863
rgr rgr can't wait to get started on the build.

I guess the other issue may be transporting a on register pistol to a shooting range lolol.

again forgive the ignorance but I am new to everything and am excited to get started.
>>
would anyone know if this is 7075 T rated. I know i can call them. but its midnight and i can try to call them tomorrow.

http://www.andersonrifles.com/product/80-jig-with-anodized-80-lower-receiver/
>>
>>28301120
Pretty sure all their stuff is 7075-T6. A few of the items explicitly say it.
>>
>>28300279
you know thats not a pistol, right?
>>
>>28301250
it is actually consider a my state compliant pistol.

maybe the pic has a 16 inch barrel but its its under 12 inches its compliant
>>
>>28300279
right to bear for lower
billet gun parts for jig
>>
>>28301319
but that is clearly a stock, those arnt allowed on pistols without that special little stamp no matter how long the barrel.
>>
>>28301364
again I am not asking about uppers, 5th time i say this thread is about which 80% lowers and jigs.

thanks for looking out though.
>>
>>28301335

sweet dude thanks, with all the shit going on in washington and the shoot ours over the last few weeks most jigs and lowers are on back order
>>
>>28301516
the stock is connected to the lower not the upper
>>
>>28301561
i know it is thats why i am going with the black rain/ thorsden ny compliant stock.

not sure what is confusing about that everyone keeps mentioning it.

As long s i am using this stock and gas tube i am fine in ny

http://www.thordsencustoms.com/frs-15-standard-stock-kit-black/
>>
>>28301721
>thorsden ny compliant stock.
if it has a stock it is not a pistol
what part of this do you not understand?
>>
ok>>28301735
ok not sure what state you in my google ny state complaint ar pistol.

Its not consider a stock because its free floating butt.

Ugh stop replying to the specifics of the rest of the body 6th time which 80% 80% 80% 80% 80% 80% lowwweeerrrsssssss.

fuck replying to the rest of the gun the fucking lower and jig is all i have been asking about.

from the last few comments i think i have my answer.

Please refrain from giving opinions about my state when it comes to the rest of the build.,

I have done all the research the pics of the guns are completely NY compliant.
>>
>>28301936
>Its not consider a stock because its free floating butt.
its considered a stock cause its a fucking stock and marketed as a stock

you are confusing a featureless rifle with an ar pistol they are not the same things
>>
>>28301965
what ever thats not the point the point is 80% lower and jig thats.

I know my state sucks I hear it all the time we are limited on what we can have.

again 1 which 80% lower
2 which jig
thats it if you don't have an answer don't reply thats all I'm interested in hearing about.
>>
>>28302002
if you are going to deny the truth this hard and refuse to look up laws whatever you build will probably end up unintentionally illegal

i did google ny state complaint ar pistol and all of em are referred to a featureless rifles
hell look at that specific gun http://blackrainordnance.com/new-york-compliant-rifles/
its not a pistol
>>
its not considered a pistol because of the 16 inch barrel but once you knock it down to 11.5 its considered a pistol.

even if its not for the last time.

just wanted to know which 80% lower and jig to get simple question should get a simple answer.

I understand your all looking out but I checked all my resources and laws even contacted nypd.
>>
>>28302187
>but once you knock it down to 11.5 its considered a pistol.

No, that makes an SBR... an unregistered SBR. If it has a stock and barrel less than 16" long it's an SBR.

Once the receiver is used to make a rifle that receiver is always considered a rifle.
>>
>>283022>>28302223
fuuucking christ thats grip is considered a pistol grip by NY STATE its not an SBR or a rifle

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2014/04/ny_safe_act_see_what_makes_an_assault_weapon_illegal.html
>>
Im don't with the post got my answers!!peace out
>>
>>28300279
That's very aesthetically pleasing for getting a bastardized ar
>>
>>28301721
Everyone keeps mentioning because you're a fucking retard and posted a picture of it saying you were thinking of buying it, you retard. No wonder you live in NY.
>>
>>28302002
Please move back to whatever country you immigrated from because it is abundantly clear you do not understand the English language and what everyone is telling you.
>>
>>28302373
Holy fuck this is not about your shitty laws in NY this is about shitty federal laws.

If you use the FRS-15 Stock and have a barrel shorter than 16" it is a felony. It's not a pistol, it's an SBR. You may be "featureless" enough for NY's SAFE act but it's still illegal.
>>
>>28302373
a featureless rifle is still a rifle you dumbfuck
being featureless only cancels out the assault weapon part

also the thordson is not a pistol grip
the whole fucking point of the product is that it is not a pistol grip

if ny considered it a pistol grip then it would be illegal
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.