[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guide me /k/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: IMAG0557.jpg (1 MB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0557.jpg
1 MB, 1520x2688
Not too recently ago, I bought a nugget as a first firearm. I learned everything I could about it, and have deciphered that I have a pretty decent one, and the bore is in great condition.

Lo and behold, I have fallen in love with shooting. Got a membership at my local range, plink every weekend, as I can. I found a crate of 54r from a mom and pop shop out of state, and got a good deal, so I am sitting on about 1200 rounds or so. Nifty.

But I have the itch now, I see all this ammo, and think how long it's actually going to take to shoot it. Not that I have a problem with hoarding, I just like it enough to keep shooting as much as I can.

I guess my question lies with the fact I don't really know how to see what else shoots this round? I want to get another rifle, that shoots 54r. What would you do?
>>
>>28300177
Considering it's rooskie military surplus, you're not going to find much other than another/a different kind of nugget. The other options aren't really in the second-gun price range, at least in the states. You could look into an SVT-40 or maybe a PSL, but your best bet would be an M44, which is just a shortened Nugget. If you're lucky, you could find a Levernugget, but that would again be pretty expensive for a second purchase.
>>
>>28300177
Mail me some spotted cow and other new glarus shit
>>
>>28300293
Well, I am in a good spot in my life with work and the house and what not. Price really isnt an issue. If it's 3 grand, I'll save for a month or three, you know? If you guys recommend it, I would probably strongly consider it.

I've heard of Vepr? Thats a thing, right?
>>
>>28300321

Yes, get a vepr, that guys an idiot for not mentioning it.
>>
>>28300321
Bruh you're better off spending $3000 on a different gun entirely. Why would you want two guns that fire 54r?
>>
>>28300318

Why do you want to drink diarrhea?
>>
File: IMG_20151206_102705797.jpg (792 KB, 613x670) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151206_102705797.jpg
792 KB, 613x670
>>28300321
>I've heard of Vepr? Thats a thing, right?

Yes, it's a thing.
>>
>>28300338
Oh yeah, that's be another one. Up here in the great white north people basically only bother with SVTs because we can get them so damn cheap, so that was the main one that came to mind. You can only get a VEPR or equivalent up here if you're brown and the RCMP gives you one.
>>
>>28300369
I dunno, why not? I have plenty of ammo. I guess I could get something else?

I'm not shy, what do you guys think then?>>28300400
Looks fun. How much?
>>
>>28300419
>Looks fun. How much?

When I bought it 3 years ago it was $800 new, but that's a Super Vepr in .308. If you can find one, the regular Veprs in 54R run between $800-$900.
>>
>>28300419

Not those guys, but here's my opinion:

I would personally get something else. 7.62x54r is pretty limited. For an affordable non-bolt action you're looking at one and only one option, the vepr. And they have expensive mags and they aren't very high capacity due to the ammo being rimmed.

For roughly the same money you could get a ptr91 that'll fire an equally fun round, with dirt cheap magazines at 20 rounds standard capacity. Drawback is of course the ammo being more expensive, but to me that's worth it.

If you just want to shoot 7.62x54r out of something other than a Mosin, get a Vepr, there is no reason for you not to.
>>
File: i like stout.jpg (2 MB, 4320x3240) Image search: [Google]
i like stout.jpg
2 MB, 4320x3240
>>28300177
this is now a beer thread
>>
>>28300177
Vepr or FAMAS, obvi
>>
>>28301955

You keep all your reaction images on your desktop?

Use folders for organized and efficient shitposting
>>
>>28301955
>having the shitty preinstalled programs on your computer still
get it together man
>>
Didnt read the post.

I love the cow.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.