[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /k/, I recently found this nice Buck knife my dad gave me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: photo.png (995 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
photo.png
995 KB, 900x900
Hey /k/, I recently found this nice Buck knife my dad gave me a few Christmases ago. Pic related. I foolishly lost the thing for a couple years only to find it again buried in my close. I know, I'm a dumbass.

Anyway, I really like the blade on the knife, but the handle leaves a little to be desired. It's just too damn glossy. Feels good in the hand, but it slides around if you don't keep a firm grasp on it. Is there any way I can add some friction to it? I really want to use this knife, especially since my dad gave it to me.
>>
Sandpaper.
>>
File: photo.jpg (552 KB, 1296x968) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
552 KB, 1296x968
>>28298456
FUCK THAT IS NOT THE RIGHT PICTURE
>>
>>28298477
As in wrap the handle in sandpaper, or scratch it up with sandpaper?

Just in case, I did some brief research and found out it's a Buck Pathfinder 105, and the handle is made of phenolic resin.
>>
>>28298519
Either way will work, if your going to wrap it use skateboard grip tape or something similar.
>>
Take a rasp and gently tap it up and down the handle for a kind of homemade stippling. Just tape off everything you don't want textured Before you start and buff it afterwards
>>
Just buff it with 000 steel wool, it'll knock out the sheen without fucking it up
>>
>>28298456
oh, bobby~
>>
>>28298703
I think I'll try this of wrapping doesn't work out.
>>
File: NyalaCoatedResize_860-1.jpg (35 KB, 855x573) Image search: [Google]
NyalaCoatedResize_860-1.jpg
35 KB, 855x573
>>28298456
Throw it away and buy a good knife friend.
>>
>>28299037
It is a good knife, the handle just needs a little adjustment.
>>
>>28298486
well, we learned something about OP today.....
>>
>>28298519
don't fuck up the plastic handle, just wear gloves if you are unable to grasp it tightly.
>>
>>28299037
Fuck off, dumbass.
You industrial cock inhalers are cancerous puss pockets aspirated with chlorine gas carried in your AIDS infected blood sludge.

Knife is fine OP.
>>
File: 1349161151684.png (95 KB, 305x295) Image search: [Google]
1349161151684.png
95 KB, 305x295
>>28298456
JIMPING
>>
>>28299037
Stick to folding knives friend
>>
>>28298486
those bucks are good all around working knives. I have that one with the bone handle and the full buck 119 with the nylon grip like yours. the furniture is aluminum so don't do anything retarded like use the pommel cap to hammer nails and you're golden. They take a great edge and hold it respectably. a good 1000+ grit stone or rod and you'll be able to use it to shave.
>>
>>28300110
It's treated me well so far. I mostly use my knives for whittling and I admittedly haven't used this one a lot yet, but it has held an excellent edge. Oddly enough, I noticed today that the blade is slightly magnetized. I realized this when a bottle cap I was fucking around with stuck to the blade, and I tested it again with a paper clip just in case. I don't know how that happened, and I don't think Buck would intentionally magnetize their blades. Or would they?
>>
The Buck 119 is a great knife, OP

I recommend electrical or grip tape for a simple, easy fix that won't run you the risk of permanently fucking up your knife.
>>
>>28298456
how'd you go and lose a nice bobby-~ like that?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.