[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Diamond Dog Oper8ing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 19
File: diamonddawgs.jpg (143 KB, 950x534) Image search: [Google]
diamonddawgs.jpg
143 KB, 950x534
Ok /k/ what items would I have to assemble to be truly outfitted like a Diamond Dog operator
>>
>>28298110
A suppressed carbine, a .45 cal handgun, and 9 years of emotional baggage.
>>
>>28298110
Well for simple starters you'd need either a set of olive bdu's, or advisor pattern tiger stripe and a black balclava. I think the m16a1 and a gi model of a 1911A1 were both standard weapons until Phantom Pain got all fucky with the designs. As for the rest of the gear, I'll let someone more knowledgeable take over.
>>
>>28298110
diazepam

a lot of it
>>
>>28298136
And the mental malleability to swap alliegences more than you swap underwear
>>
Olive BDUs
The balaclavas they use are specially made
Standard operating weapons would be an M16-A1 or variant and a silenced 1911. A G3 is also an acceptable service rifle.
Standard set of binoculars
M67 fragmentation grenades, flashbangs, smokes and potentially flares.
Claymore mines and C4 charges.
You'd need to be trained in the use of a personal ballistics shield, as well as CQC training.
You'd need canine unit training, as well as horseback and defensive driving.
And of course there's fulton recovery gear and training.

Overall every DD operator is incredibly expensive, which is probably why the vast majorities of troops don't serve active duty roles.
>>
does anything like the diamond dogs balaclava exist in the real world?
>>
>>28298251
Don't forget the new harness' (Stanbo?) and the near unobtainium chicken plates they all wear.
>>
>>28298387
they wouldn't be strapped the way DD balaclavas are, but flame retardant balaclavas DO exist. Honestly I'm surprised they don't wear ballistic masks
>>
File: Diamond Dog.jpg (147 KB, 680x650) Image search: [Google]
Diamond Dog.jpg
147 KB, 680x650
pic related
>>
>>28298251
>You'd need to be trained in the use of a personal ballistics shield, as well as CQC training.
>You'd need canine unit training, as well as horseback and defensive driving.

Would a police officer on a SWAT team receive this sort of training?
>>
>>28298251
>diamond douges are very train
>entire division of diamond derps can be put to sleep while actively hunting a 1 eyed 1 armed cosplay enthusiast

>very train
>much low drag
>operator
>>
>>28298748
the ballistics shield training and potentially canine unit and defensive driving, yes, though I doubt CQC or horseback training
keep in mind that in MGS universe, CQC basically doesn't exist outside of military operations that Boss or Big Boss worked in
>>
>>28298765
>which is why most troops don't serve active duty roles
Are you retarded or something? Do you think every comms officer and truck driver in the Army has muhreen training?
>>
>>28298787
200+ pog comm officers and Motor T bubbas could at the very least stop a bearded chain smoker
>>
>>28298809
>200+ pog comm officers and Motor T bubbas could at the very least stop a bearded chain smoker
congratulations, MGS isn't particularly realistic and loves to have a running joke of soldiers being morons. Ya figgered it owt!
>>
>>28298821
you are an angry angry little man
>>
>>28298765
>be playing Metal Dark Solid Souls
>scoping russky outpost
>marking troops and planning my attack
>machine gunners have overlapping fields of fire
>Tanks and Katyushas near center... manned
>spend 2 hours sneaking through the river avoiding mounted patrol and supply convoys
>russian soldier breaks off to piss on a wall
>"Chance!"
>attempt to grab russky soldier
>his screams of blyat kontakto! echo through the otherwise quiet outpost
>distant diesel engines kick on
>nearby russian soldier calls out to his buddy then begins stacking with others
>they are clearing the area where sergei went missing in squads covering each other
>switch to tranq pistol
>shoot vlad in the face
>he drops
>the guy behind him drags him to cover as the two squads on my left and right open fire
>fugging pinned down
>incoming overhead flares
>russian RO on radio from next post found me and is directing air support
>can hear multiple helicopters off the horizon
>russian squads are now heavily covered and taking pot shots at me
>tank is now pulling forward but it doesn't muffle the sounds of barking dogs on their way with K-9 teams...
>can't move or i'll become swiss snake
>start vomiting in game due to swallowing sewer river water
>open PS4 screen and uninstall game
>>
>>28298867
Not really, you're just kind of dumb anon
>>
>>28299029
so angry
>>
>>28299003
is it bad that I started to call you out on posting bullshit at
>the guy behind him drags him to cover
and didn't realize the whole post was a joke until a few lines later?
I gotta play more MGSV, as much as people like to hate on the game it's pretty fucking Oper8or
>>
>>28298251
The standard operating weapons are FNC's
>>
>>28298110
>>>>/v/
>>
File: chuck barry.png (139 KB, 296x266) Image search: [Google]
chuck barry.png
139 KB, 296x266
>>28299034
>anon points out that your post is foolish
>respond with "u mad XDDD"
Anon, I...
>>
>>28299056
so very very angry
>>
>>28299050
that's certainly possible, they're definitely frankenguns with elements of a lot of different rifles - AK74s, FN FNCs, FN FALs, M16-A1s, G3s, etc.
>>
>>28299056
i remember watching that video with john and chuck
that is the face he makes when yoko begins to wail
that is the face of regret, disappointment, and disbelief
>>
>>28299073
[Direct quote from wiki]
Officially the Arms Material Multi-purpose Rifle System model 4. Designed for infiltration missions, the AM MRS-4 is a variant of the FN FNC

This could of been made by a >nogunz but still
>>
>>28299045
i liked it as a whole but hated it as a "MGS" game. It just didn't feel very stealthy nor did it answer any questions story wise or show any effort to flesh out famous characters that it really could have. You find babby liquid snake but do jack shit with him or to him. No grey fox but you do get to play fight babby mantis by shooting him once or twice. It also left more confusing shit than any other title history wise. Hell you don't even play the real snake. But maybe i just didn't pay attention to what was happening.

third person shooter wise the game was pretty fun and made you a beast monster super soldier that isn't just a glorified bullet sponge.
>>
>>28299105
It's not an official statement from Kojima or Konami, they made the frankenguns to avoid any potential licensing fees from manufacturers.
>>
>>28299133
It was more of a Peace Walker successor though.

I wish there was more strategy though, and you could have your troops fight alongside you on missions so you can send hordes of tanks and rpg armed men to swarm Metal Gear for instance.
>>
File: XOF.jpg (146 KB, 680x650) Image search: [Google]
XOF.jpg
146 KB, 680x650
>>28298742
In /k/'s opinion, in a straight operational incursion between Diamond Dogs and XOF, who wins?
No Snek or Mantis/Man On Fire or any other super special plot armor soldiers.
Both combat teams have the logistical support of their backing paramilitary group, but otherwise are on their own.
>>
File: 3265372637267328.png (268 KB, 817x736) Image search: [Google]
3265372637267328.png
268 KB, 817x736
>>
>>28299346
>and you could have your troops fight alongside you on missions so you can send hordes of tanks and rpg armed men to swarm Metal Gear for instance.

god i was hoping this was how the game was going to be later on. You collected all these soldiers and used them for fuck all beyond increasing mother base stats and online play.

at least your helicopter helps you fight metal gundam jehuty but there was soooo much potential for awesomeness lost. Oh and there are rumors of MGSV:part two

fuck kojima
>>
All you need is a balaclava and a whole lot of commitment
>>
>>28298251
What the fuck IS defensive driving anyway? I've heard the term a lot, but never quite got it. Is there offensive driving?
>>
cybernetics and nanomachines, son
>>
>>28299458
kojima doesn't even work at Konami anymore
He overblew the budget getting queefer sutherland and paying for music licenses so Konami gave him the shaft on the game, it was released in an unfinished state and Konami went full fucking Japanese Businessman Syndrome and shut down all of their developers to focus on Pachinko machines.

MGSV part two isn't going to happen, Konami filed for the rights to Big Boss but not the rest of the IP, at most they'll throw some MGS pictures on the next batch of Pachinko machines they release.
>>
>>28299512
offensive driving is what some police are trained in to stop cars in a chase. Defensive driving is basically imagining everyone on the road is fucking drunk and trying to kill you then acting accordingly in your vehicle
>>
>>28299552
Offensive driving sounds funner. Where can I learn that as a civvie?
>>
>>28299512
Defensive driving is essentially staying out of dangerous situations and being aware enough to avoid collisions from other drivers.
You always play it safe: drive a little slower, let more aggressive driver's pass, etc. Self preservation is key.

If you want to learn defensive driving, take a course at your local racetrack or become a city bus driver.

Offensive driving is pretty much being aggressive as all shit. Racecar drivers vying for first place are good examples.
>>
>>28299545
then fuck konami on the basis that Megaman Legends 3 will never see the light of day as well as that.

also i think sutherlands voice fit big boss very well
>>
>>28299557
there are lots of schools that teach offensive driving. The best place to learn would be go kart racing though. You pick up basics for racing and the like
>>
>>28299567
>Mega Man Legends 3
>Konami
anon...

Sutherland wasn't a terrible performance, but he was terribly typecast despite not being a VA, costing too much (yes I know Hayter wanted even more, but they could have undercut him with another perfectly talented VA) and had absolutely no voice direction. It's like the gooks at Kojipro don't realize there's a difference between Acting and Voice Acting.
And on top of all that he either had a ton of lines cut or just didn't have many lines period, which made Venom Snake feel retarded and made the shocking tweest way less meaningful because you never grow attached to Venom
>>
>>28299375
>>28298742
I just wanna know what game this is
>>
>>28298251
>which is probably why the vast majorities of troops don't serve active duty roles
You mean field operative roles.
>>
File: Tppm16.jpg (244 KB, 852x727) Image search: [Google]
Tppm16.jpg
244 KB, 852x727
>>28299105
>actually quoting video game wikis
the only wiki you should halfway trust is IMFDB, and even then take a huge grain of salt.
>>28299339
>licensing fees
stop this meme
>>
>>28300420
from a failed RTS game called "Inna woods" that turned into a paper doll maker thing. Google inna woods
>>
>>28298110
Also be able to speak several languages. Any languages except Kikongo.

Don't even bother if you speak Kikongo.
>>
So are there any mods that let me assfuck or facefuck a cum covered Quiet or is it just webms so far?
>>
>>28299003
Underappreciated post.
>>
>>28299626
I actually like it because of the "silent hero" style of gameplay. It gives you the chance to play it like you want to, and make it what you want.
Most of the time I play as my own character or a DD operative anyway.
>>
File: 1429041943492.jpg (191 KB, 600x469) Image search: [Google]
1429041943492.jpg
191 KB, 600x469
>>28300560
mfw i was too stupid to figure out how to prevent the majority of my kikongo dogs from dying

also i wonder what happens if you drop all kikongo speakers before it starts
>>
>>28300558
So, how did it fail? I looked up a bit about the game. Did /k/ users make it?
>>
>>28300633
not sure if it was /k/ users per se. but i remember reading about the birth of it's development here many moons ago. honestly though i've seen so many "projects" just die in the development stage here i've just stopped falling in love with any of them
>>
>>28300591
But that's not what MGSV is about, no MGS character has ever been a silent protagonist and MGSV especially was trying to make you feel something for this character that acts legitimately autistic in some scenes.
Plus, if you're going to make a silent protagonist, don't fucking hire an A-list TV celebrity to voice him.

>>28300593
members of Diamond Dogs begin learning Kikongo on their own up until you either advance the story enough, or start quarantining a large enough number of non-symptomatic individuals. Ocelot will actually comment on you figuring out what causes the infection if you start quarantining the right people.
>>
>>28300558
Installing it now, I'm gonna see what it's like,
>>
>>28300677
>Skullfaces Tour of Afghanistan
oh man
big medic just sitting there going through idle animations while skully lectures you on THE LANGUAGE OF NUUUUKES
>>
>>28300633
Nobody actually made it.
The idea was to have an asynchronous online mobile game where you wander around innawoods and meet up with other players and accumulate gear and junk like that, really simple sandboxy survival thing. One dude made a lot of test art assets but nobody actually got around to developing the game so instead someone made that really simple dress up game from the unused inventory sprites.
It's so unfinished that a lot of the test sprites don't even have proper weight values, and some just outright don't work or layer properly.
>>
>>
>>28300704
it was even worse if you played GZ and realized they fucking re-used some of Skull Face's lines in that scene
also the WORDS THAT KILL singalong isn't really scripted to anything, you can play your own radio music over it
>>
>>28300685
if your talking about the minecraft fps abortion then its the wrong "inna woods". The inna woods in that picture and what i'm referencing was to be a overhead RTS type game that never made it to alpha
>>
File: Tpp19114.jpg (124 KB, 758x489) Image search: [Google]
Tpp19114.jpg
124 KB, 758x489
Post favorite frankengun.
>>28300732
yeah it was seriously garbage and I hate that you can't skip it because its ignore instead of being a cutscene.
also it ruined WORDS THAT KILL for me. all the other MGS themes like Koi no Yoroshiku or Snake Eater were so memorable because they were played while something awesome was happening. all those trailers made it seem like a 10/10 theme and then kojima goes and ruins it on a boring ass jeep ride. it wasn't even reused in the fight with sallyanthropus
>>
>>28300767
*ingame
>>
File: even the fox is terrified.jpg (399 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
even the fox is terrified.jpg
399 KB, 2560x1440
>>28300767
>>
>>28300677
You're right, but I guess I've only played MGS and MGS3, so I'm not the authority on this.
The game does feel incomplete, and the character development feels a bit forced, but I think that's kind of the point as well. This isn't Big Boss, and yet you're told you are, and now you gotta deal. It's supposed to be tragic, but at the same time not because you just got jewed into your life being over because someone wanted to run off to play Outer Heaven.

I actually like Big Boss less over the whole MGSV story, specifically because it felt like a cop out from the perspective of another soldier. He just used Venom for his own purposes.
>>
>>28300738
I installed the one on the App Store. So now it's just dress up?
>>
>>28300767
the real theme is Nuclear anyways
fuck the trailers had a better plot than the game, MGSV is great for fucking around and operatin' but the story is just trash
>>
>>28300786
WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT UNDERBARREL ANOMINATION
>>
>>28300802
I agree. It lets me live out my operating dreams.
>>
>>28300795
yes. However the blog for the game is still up so hell maybe one day broton will actually do something with it or someone better will just go the steam greenlight way.
>>
>>28300792
>I've only played MGS and MGS3
play MGS2 and you'll realize why MGSV's twist is so fucking garbage, MGS2 has a much worse twist but at least it earns the reaction.

MGSV makes you care nothing about Venom, and maybe it makes you think Big Boss is a dick but you don't really see anything he's doing so who cares?
MGS2 makes you angry by forcing you to be Raiden, but as time goes on you come to respect Raiden a lot more because he has actual character development, as does Solidus, so when the big Shyamalan moment comes up it makes you actually give a damn on multiple levels.
Plus, you get to actually SEE Snake doing things in MGS2, so his replacement has some actual standard to live up to.
Outside of the hospital scene in V, which was fucking excellent, BB never does shit.
>>
>>28300802
And its not like it was destined to be trash either. There were a couple bits of story that were genuinely done well like the infection on MB, Paz hallucination, and Emmerich being a shitbag, but the whole story with Venom and the real BB is just so empty and incomplete its painful.
I actually teared up on mission 49.
>that last room of DD soldiers
;_;7
>>
>>28300803
YOU SEE IVAN
WHEN YOU CUSTOM GUN LIKE ME
YOU NEVER FEAR OF HAVING WRONG WEAPON
FOR SHOOTING ALL GUNS AT SAME TIME
>>
>>28300858
>b-Boss...
>Staff Died [Heroism -60]
>>
File: 1441750646816.jpg (222 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1441750646816.jpg
222 KB, 1920x1080
>>28300866

BAKELITE MOST STRONK!
>>
>>28300858
also quiet was some sort of add on that they forgot to finish so they just threw together a sad ending that turned out less sad and more "well fuck i lost one of my best buddies"
>>
File: 1219-0-cry.jpg (27 KB, 460x282) Image search: [Google]
1219-0-cry.jpg
27 KB, 460x282
>>28300876
>they all salute
>>
>>28300883
YOU SEE IVAN
DO NOT WORRY IF LOOSE MAGAZINES
HQ WILL DELIVER NEW MAGAZINE
>>
>>28300907
>you shoot them in the hand by accident, maiming them before death
>>
>>28300883
i never even figured out how to do this shit or even care enough to learn

once i got enough parts to make a long range UN ARC and suppressed bolt gun nothing could even get close enough to kill me save for tanks that were actively firing at me.

i beat the game and developed maybe 2 weapons and never used a single explosive
>>
>>28300925
>being a boss with shitty marksmanship
your men don't deserve you
>>
>>28300925
and then you complete the mission only to have your support chopper land to
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=355Fk8drgZE

it was funny when i forgot i did it but then it was just inappropriate and deep down i wish the game had known that and changed it
>>
File: 1384573869464.png (269 KB, 414x412) Image search: [Google]
1384573869464.png
269 KB, 414x412
>>28300858
I think you mean mission 43, that was the worst, good lord the feels, i need a drink.
>mfw that entire mission
>>
>>28300957
>not having WE'RE THE KIDS IN AMERICA as your helo music
>not having Ivan and Jamal cowering in fear of sick synths and doorgun fire

Was anyone else upset at how little love the jungle area in southeastern Africa got? They loved to stack missions there but too many were centered on the Mansion. The jungle itself was super comfy and brought a really good Eighties action hero vibe, especially the sniper battles with the Skulls and just skulking around with NVGs on grabbing ZRS troops out from behind the trees.
>>
>>28300803
ITS LITERALLY A STICK WITH A STOCK
>>
>>28300992
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEkha_znfmA
if only the rest of the game could elicit the same emotions.
>>
File: 1386997529968.png (441 KB, 300x900) Image search: [Google]
1386997529968.png
441 KB, 300x900
>>28301023
s-stop ;_;
>>
>>28301041
"We live and die by your orders Boss"
>>
i waited the entire game for the funny missions or side ops that i'd come to expect from the series.

no time paradoxes no awkward conversations no ridiculous run ins with your "observers". This game isn't even metal gear anymore with this much inconsistency with the series. Fuck it i'm just gonna call it Spec Ops DLC with Metal Gear mod
>>
File: 1441779923987.png (285 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
1441779923987.png
285 KB, 1440x900
>>28301009

STICK GUN.
>>
>>28301079
holy fucking shit that looks like a heavily modified pop gun
>>
>>28300929
>never used a single explosive

Fucking why? If I didn't use C4 at least once a mission, I was fucking up. AA defenses, comms relays, power generators or just using them on barrels. Those things were great distractions and they were like 90% of my stealth strategy that didn't involve unsuppressed sniper rifles or landmines.
>>
File: WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.jpg (99 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.jpg
99 KB, 1920x1080
DANCING WITH TEARS IN MY EYES
WEEPING FOR THE MEMORY OF A LIFE GONE BY
>>
File: like a damn fiddle.png (448 KB, 1024x591) Image search: [Google]
like a damn fiddle.png
448 KB, 1024x591
>>28299375

Given what happened to MSF, I'm kinda tempted to give the win to XOF. Then again, you know what they say about fiddles.

I think they're honestly pretty matched, from what I've seen. They've got roughly-equivalent strength in terms of hardware; helicopters, APCs, tanks, missiles, artillery, etc. Mano-a-mano, I think XOF are generally better equipped and trained, but again, that comes down to the soldier. XOF does have the advantage of not being a hated mercenary group. Engenders more money and backup from local governments and world powers, I think.

Conclusion: XOF, if slightly.
>>
>>28300992
"Shining lights, even in death..."

Great title for that mission.
>>
>>28302964
XOF doesn't get any support from outside groups, they're completely blacklisted. They had no external contacts during their days with Major Zero and when Skull Face stole the reigns they were effectively put on burn lists even if the average grunt doesn't realize it.

Diamond Dogs on the other hand not only has a good couple nations that owe them favors, but also has their own independent support facilities and a fledgling HUMINT network, a notable resource that XOF lost post-Camp Omega.
The upshot is that XOF operates more operationally on account of having a leader that wasn't in a coma for nine years. DD does have CQC though
>>
>>28302790
>he doesn't perfect ghost every single mission, with no tranq/stun guns and no fultons
bruh do you even REAL stealth
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.