[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
REVOLVERS FOR CARRY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: ruger_lcr_11.jpg (238 KB, 1000x784) Image search: [Google]
ruger_lcr_11.jpg
238 KB, 1000x784
I just got a Ruger LCR .357 magnum for carry weapon.
>Hornady 140gr .357 personal defense hollow point loads.

Pretty power load in this light revolver. Has anyone shot .38+P vs .357 Magnum with an ultra light revolver?

General Revolver or Carry Weapon Thread!
>>
My friend has the same revolver. It's the first gun I shot, he had me use 38 +p at first. When I switched to 357 it damn near blew the gun out of my hands. I have gorilla hands though, so I have a hard time holding that small of a grip.
>>
>>28295035
I literally laughed out loud at your post. Thats the same thing that happened to me, the fucking .357 rounds blew the gun back into my hand between my thumb and my index finger, that webbing, felt like being punched hard there. Was way more than I expected, its manageable, but a lot of force. How much different is the recoil from the .38+P to .357 ?
>>
>>28294977
I use gold dots in a 4.2 inch SP101. I'm not a poorfag, but I'm not a richfag either, so I thought that would be a nice hybrid between a full size GP100 and a snub nosed LCR, fun for carry and the range. And I was right.

Next purchase is likely going to be a Dan Wesson 715, but I think I'll want to keep it pristine too badly to carry it, even with the snub nosed barrel.
>>
>>28294977
Love it as a carry gun, disappears under clothes, but that thing is a bitch and a half to shoot full loads in.
>>
>>28295128
It really is, not a woman's gun in the slightest. Must have strong hands to shoot this with. All I have shot out of it was 140 grain .357 magnums though, so I am not sure how the .38+P is yet as far as recoil. Anyone have experience to compare the 2 rounds?
>>
No pic but I have a Ruger New Vaquero 45lc on my permit in CA. I did it so I don't have to unload every time I hop in my truck hunting. Too heavy to edc
>>
>>28295102
SP101 I thought about, just a little bit too big for what I was wanting. I guess the LCR would be more like the type to carry, serves its purpose well, but not fun to shoot type of gun.
>>
>>28295138
The +p is nothing compared to the 357. Totally different. The +p barely rocked my hands back, whereas the 357 was like someone taking a bat to the web between my thumb and index finger. After shooting a box of 357 from an LCR I feel like I should be icing my hands when I get home
>>
>>28295300
Thanks for your input. I'm getting it for my ccw.
>>
>>28295102
DW revolvers really aren't that great , they look nice though
>>
>>28295300
Thanks, yea I am going to load 38+P then. I bought the .357 to be able to shoot any of the ammo, just more choices in case I need to have it. I felt the same way after shooting the .357, I have shot plenty of hand guns including other .357 magnums, and this gun kicked more than any other I have shot.
>>
Just picked up the sp101 2.25" hammerless .357 last week. Haven't got a chance to shoot it yet which is killing me. Been buying up an entire assortment of various. 38, .38+p, and .357 loads. Went with the sp101 over lcr for the extra weight to help manage the recoil, gun is surprisingly big for what it is but I'm also a large fellow so it suits me fine! This thing is a sturdy bastard

Also, mine came with the wood inserts when i was definitely under the impression they ordered the regular plastic pannels. Feels good
>>
Y'all bunch of whiney cry babies my grandma can shoot a full +p 357 loads without a flinch abd here you folks can't even handle a 357!?

Hot damn people this is just a gun not some big fancy tabk in your hands just hold the gun right abd you be slinging those shots down the range unless you been peppered by school and taxes and other things that it turned your hands into your sister's hands holy shit man.

Even I can shoot a 44mag with ease and thats way more stronger than a 357 hell my grandma even use 357 as a practice round and a carry round.

Y'all bunch of whiney cry babies need to start exercising!
>>
>>28295469
How big a boy are ya?
>>
>>28295469
There is a big difference between a snub nose .357 with a poly frame and a Colt Python .357. I mentioned it kicked hard, but it is still manageable, and I highly doubt any grandma could accurately shoot the LCR with 140gr 357 loads without bitching.
>>
>>28295416
I would say load 357 when you're actually using it as your CC, and practice with mostly 38. It's only after repeated use that your hands get sore. It never hurts to have that extra stopping power if you actually need to draw your weapon for SD
>>
>>28295084
I load some 125 gr .38 for my mom, it definitely helped with the recoil and I was very happy with the change. You could shoot something light like that, but carry your heavy .357 for innapublic
>>
>>28295511
I bought hornady 140 grain 357 magnum critical defense hollow point
>>
>>28295416
Well, the gun is 17 oz after all, but yes definitely agree
>>
>>28295532
That'll go fine as your carry ammo, but I mean in terms of padding the recoil down, the light .38 helped my mother's case quite a bit.

What I'm saying is easier if you hand load, but you might be able to find 125 gr .38 loads in a store, never quite looked haha. Best of luck to you for whatever you do man!
>>
>2015
>carrying a revolver

It is like you want to get killed
>>
>>28295738
>this post
>not the first reply
Why even type it?

I'm looking at getting the LCR in .327 as soon as I can. Six rounds and you can shoot a couple of other calibers through it as well.
>>
>>28294977
I have a .357 LCR.

I only keep 357 in it for carry, and occasional practice. I typically shoot .38 out of it.

I specifically chose the .357 model because it's 3 oz heavier than the .38.

Full house 357 is very stout, and I am usually done with it after about 25 rounds. I can't imagine shooting .357 out of one of those Airweight Smiths, though. They don't have the same grip, polymer frame, and are lighter than the LCR.
>>
File: 14508944452991461793574.jpg (2 MB, 2576x1932) Image search: [Google]
14508944452991461793574.jpg
2 MB, 2576x1932
Got this today for 230.00

HWM EAA 38SP/.357
>>
>>28294977
Haven't fired the +P yet, but I carry them in my S&W 360, hoping they will be easier to control in an SD situation.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.