[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Home defense during break in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 11
File: gundefense0108-300x239.jpg (18 KB, 300x239) Image search: [Google]
gundefense0108-300x239.jpg
18 KB, 300x239
Three scenarios. When do you use deadly force /k/?

1. Someone breaks into your house at night, you can't hear if they are armed buthe you know they broke in the door and are storming in. Do you shoot or?

2. Your out and about and someone threatens you and tries to rob you, they don't pull a weapon but are large and forcefull, do you shoot or?

3. Someone approaches you and threatens you after shouting at you, says they are going to beat the shit out of you, do you draw your weapon and shoot or?

The main thing I want to know is what would you think is the right thing to do in these scenarios. When would /k/ shoot or defend themselves. Topic brought on by a new article about self defense
>>
>>28278876

1. Shoot

2. Shoot

3. Shoot if they try to physically hurt me. But, warn them before doing so.
>>
>>28278876
1 is shoot without hesitation. Castle Doctrine specifically applies to, at least in my state, preventing the commission of a felony. B&E is a felony.

2 is threaten with retaliation, and possibly draw, but don't shoot unless they advance on you.

3 is try to talk it down, and prepare draw. Draw and prepare to shoot if they make good on their threats.
>>
I would not shoot in any of those situations on just that information alone.
>>
>>28278934

RIP.
>>
>>28278934
You're pretty dead there, buddy.
>>
>>28278876
shoot without hesitation
shoot without hesitation
try to de-escalate. Back away. If he gets within 5 feet, shoot.
>>
>>28278941
>>28278967
Fuck you. Just because I'm not a trigger-happy dingbat like you fucks doesn't mean I have bad situational awareness. There's not enough info in the OP to make that call.

If the trespasser isn't scared by the lights turning on and the info that I have a weapon and the police have been called (I live in a duty to flee state, by the way) then I'll consider force.
I'm a second degree black belt in Judo so I'm not super worried about the other two.
>>
>>28278876

Real man here

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/mma-fighter-who-killed-intruder-in-las-cruces-new-mexico-wont-be-charged/
>>
>>28279017
>this entire post

Can't martial arts your way out of a stab wound, nigger.
>>
this is textbook massad ayoob stuff.

1 is a good shoot, 2 is very likely a good shoot if circumstances are in your favour.

3 is questionable, but if you can prove the suspect had the ability and opportunity to inflict serious harm, you'd probably get it.
>>
File: 1433208446731.jpg (104 KB, 740x740) Image search: [Google]
1433208446731.jpg
104 KB, 740x740
>>28279017
Faggot thinks he is a blackbelt
Mfw kneckbeard faggot
>>
>>28278876
1. Shoot.
Anyone breaking/storming in to my house is not going to celebrate Christmas again.

2. Shoot if I feel that there is a real threat to me or others around me. I wouldn't die for my wallet but if I feel it's a valid violent threat or action facing me he'd get dropped. See my reasoning for #3 below*.

3. Shoot*
*I broke my back a few years ago and am not going to do more damage to it by squaring off with some dildo. I can still handle myself ok but it puts me at a distinct disadvantage in a fight, which I am not too proud to admit to.
I think we can all agree there are potentially split second judgement calls to be made in these scenarios, but if you are someone who has trained to deal with this type of stuff it is a much easier thing to get though. Hesitation in any of these could get you dead pretty damn quick. This is why self defense training is so important for people who carry, (in my humble opinion).
>>
>>28278876
>1. Someone breaks into your house at night, you can't hear if they are armed buthe you know they broke in the door and are storming in. Do you shoot or?

Grab weapon and order them to the ground forcefully. If they fail to comply, they die. If they do comply, restrain them until police arrive.

I could shoot from the outset, but killing people isn't the goal, and I don't particularly want my gun confiscated as evidence.

>2. Your out and about and someone threatens you and tries to rob you, they don't pull a weapon but are large and forcefull, do you shoot or?

Draw and tell them that they've got the wrong motherfucker to rob. If they don't step off or spring into "I's jus' playin'" mode immediately, smoke'em, cause that nigga's obviously got a gun.

>3. Someone approaches you and threatens you after shouting at you, says they are going to beat the shit out of you, do you draw your weapon and shoot or?

Situational. As described, I may try to de-escalate verbally.

Other than the home invasion, none of these scenarios resemble any of the street muggings I've witnessed or been involved in.

You want a real scenario?

4. A guy walks up and asks to borrow your phone, a lighter or other innocuous item. What do you do?

5. 2 guys are walking behind you and it's the middle of the night. What do you do?

6. Your head suddenly has a monkey's paw smashed up against it. What do you do?
>>
>>28279114
4. Tell them I don't have it/doesn't work/etc, and attempt to leave, or enter into a nearby business so as to stray off the idea of mugging me in an alley. If he follows or persists, tell him to back off, and based on his response, either draw or leave without issue.

5. Similar to 4 in that you enter into a business if there is one open, otherwise I cross the street and see if they follow. If they do, call the police while keeping an eye on their movements. Make sure to tell the police that you're feeling threatened and are armed if need be, that way you've made it clear that you're the victim and acted in defense. If they follow even more, tell them to back off and threaten them with the police having been called (stay on the phone with cops so that they can hear). If they leave, tell the Dispatcher so, and carry on. If they persist, draw and threaten. Only shoot if they continue.

6. Run the fuck away until I've got enough distance to draw. If he's within arms reach, shoot. If not, point and shout at him to get down. If he listens, call the cops, if not, ventilate him.
>>
>>28279159
>4. Tell them I don't have it/doesn't work/etc, and attempt to leave, or enter into a nearby business so as to stray off the idea of mugging me in an alley. If he follows or persists, tell him to back off, and based on his response, either draw or leave without issue.

From experience, IRL this tactic is a group robbery. 3-10 dudes are waiting to pop out of the woodwork, surround you and prevent your escape. They normally become manifest as soon as you start talking up your reply to the bait-man.

It's a no-win scenario if you've never encountered it.

5 & 6 are 10/10

Worst scenario I've ever seen though:

7. your walking down the street at night. Suddenly, and SUV pulls up, and a large man with a gun disembarks, and tells you to run your pockets and take off your shoes. He's approximately 5-10m away from you, and holding in a retention position. Wat do?
>>
>>28278876
>someone breaks into your house
Textbook justified, dead men walking - and fuck you for proposing not being armed even matters. Entering a private residence without easement predisposes intent/readiness/conspiracy towards gross bodily harm, rape, murder, and other violent felonies.
>someone threatens you and tries to rob you, they don't pull a weapon but are large and forceful
You're being assaulted and will defend yourself.
Here's a life lesson for you, OP:
When you carry every fight's a gunfight.
>Someone approaches you and threatens you after shouting at you, says they are going to beat the shit out of you, do you draw your weapon and shoot or?
Depending on what exactly you mean with your vague as fuck question, anything between a middle finger and 911.
>>28278934
If you don't shoot in the first situation you should not own guns.
Forcefully entering a residence justifies deadly force by its very definition. Whether or not you know they're armed is irrelevant.
>>
1. Shoot

2. Try to escape the situation. If they won't let me, shoot.

3. Try to escape. If they won't let me, shoot.
>>
>>28279114
>A guy walks up and asks to borrow your phone, a lighter or other innocuous item. What do you do?
Ignore him, he's trying to throw you off so he or your friend can mug you. Fuck everything about this, living in north philly.
>2 guys are walking behind you and it's the middle of the night. What do you do?
Find a bar or whatever the fuck else is open at 1AM. Walk up to the McDonalds drivethru if necessary.
>Your head suddenly has a monkey's paw smashed up against it. What do you do?
nooooope fuck that im outta there: book it and when possible fire if still necessary
>>
1. Yes. You are willfully trespassing on my property and you will be dealt with accordingly.

2. Provided I can pull a gun before they put their hands on me, yes. You're threatening me and will be dealt with accordingly.

3. I would pull my gun and try to defuse the situation, and then if they try to attack me i'll shoot to disable.
>>
>>28279216

I do whatever the motherfucker tells me to. He has a firearm drawn and isn't close enough for me to even pray that I can get close enough to try some bullshit hand to hand crap.
>>
>>28278876
Shoot to kill.
Shoot to kill.
Shoot when he attacks.
>>
File: 6134757048_6ca67e60e3_b.jpg (137 KB, 776x602) Image search: [Google]
6134757048_6ca67e60e3_b.jpg
137 KB, 776x602
>>28279017
>>
File: faggot in the air.jpg (748 KB, 2245x1453) Image search: [Google]
faggot in the air.jpg
748 KB, 2245x1453
>>28279017
>I'm a second degree black belt in Judo so I'm not super worried about the other two.
Your post was fine until you decide to write that shit.
>>
>>28278876
Castle doctirene, I first see if they are someone I know and if they are not I tell them to freeze and if they run or charge me I shoot two to the chest and one to the head.
>>
>>28279216
Are the cars plates in plain sight or hidden? If they are in plain sight act like I am handing over my wallet then tackle while I draw my pocket pistol. If plates are hidden meet his demands perfectly. The reasoning behind this is that if the plate a plainly visible they are more than likely not planning on leaving witnesses.
>>
>>28278934
Then just donate your guns to a hood rat near you and stop pretending to be American.
>>
>>28278876
Two types of criminals. Ones that break in during the day when no one is home to avoid confrontation. Then you have the ones who will break in at night when you are jerking off in your room after a long day at your shitty job. You shoot those asshats who come at night. They are the violent ones

Create distance and draw your weapon. Tyrone might get ducking capped like Tupac.

Just walk away on the last one, his yelling can't hurt you, unless he gets in your face and violent
>>
>>28279114
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVjMzrCMW9Q
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVjMzrCMW9Q

Home invasion....pop CS, throw on mask and vest pick up semi auto shotgun. Kill the fuck out of them for fucking with my dogs and barred windows.

I hope I have one still alive to go to work on with some zip ties and a knife.
>>
File: 1387619621700.jpg (139 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1387619621700.jpg
139 KB, 720x960
>>28278876
1. I'd shoot. Nobody breaks in your front door and storms through your house just to borrow a cup of sugar.

2. That sort of depends. Are they just intimidating me or are they being physical by pushing and etc?
If they are being physical I would definitely draw. If they continued their physical aggression despite a gun in their face I pull the trigger.

If they are intimidating me I would just try to leave the situation or de-escelate it somehow. Probably call the cops too. If I cant do any of that I'd draw.

3. Walking away and calling the police is the best option here. If they try getting physical or try intimidating me with a weapon I'd draw and shoot.
>>
>>28278876
>1. Someone breaks into your house at night, you can't hear if they are armed buthe you know they broke in the door and are storming in. Do you shoot or?

I live in a non-cucked state. He's in MY house, at NIGHT, he's dead meat

>2. Your out and about and someone threatens you and tries to rob you, they don't pull a weapon but are large and forcefull, do you shoot or?

Again: He wants my what? So I start street sweeping operations as soon as he makes a single step in my direction

>3. Someone approaches you and threatens you after shouting at you, says they are going to beat the shit out of you, do you draw your weapon and shoot or?

I ask him if he wants to leave and live or if he wants to walk the walk and die. If he steps closer in an aggressive manner, I draw. If he still wants to fight, he can fight bullets.

>The main thing I want to know is what would you think is the right thing to do in these scenarios. When would /k/ shoot or defend themselves. Topic brought on by a new article about self defense

To be clear: if I ever felt my or the life of my beloved ones in a real danger, I would shoot without thinking twice. And after all: Its better to be judged by one than to be carried by six.
>>
File: 1385950627568.jpg (14 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1385950627568.jpg
14 KB, 400x400
>>28279114
>4. A guy walks up and asks to borrow your phone, a lighter or other innocuous item. What do you do?
I generally don't like doing favors for people so I'd tell them "nah" and walk away. But damn do people do this as a trick to mug you?

>5. 2 guys are walking behind you and it's the middle of the night. What do you do?
I'd walk into a convenient store or something public. If that's not an option....I dont know....start running?

>6. Your head suddenly has a monkey's paw smashed up against it. What do you do?
Wtf does this even mean

Also seriously tell me more about scenarios like this. I'm not from the big city so I don't know dindu tricks and I don't want to end up falling for one if I find myself in the big city.
>>
>>28279216
>retention position
So...its still holstered but he has his hand on it?
I'd smoke that fucker
>>
File: 1431698760897.png (10 KB, 408x286) Image search: [Google]
1431698760897.png
10 KB, 408x286
>>28278876

Don't have to shoot unless they make motions that indicate they aren't stopping. The gun handles most of the gamble, it's up to them to decide if they wanna call or not. Only problem for them is they are betting on the house, which always has the edge.
>>
>>28279017
I found you on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65QCHZDXKmA
>>
>>28278876
>1. Someone breaks into your house at night
Magdump.
>2. Your out and about
Magdump.
>3. Someone approaches you
Magdump, reload, magdump again.

Learn to stand your ground.
>>
>>28278876
>1.
Shoot them and bill their families for the door.

>2.
>3.
Aren't those the same situation? Or by "being forcefull" do you mean they're actually physically attacking you in that vs not yet in the other? Whatever. Both cases: attempt to walk away. If they try to prevent you then shoot them. If you're worried about covering your ass, say they claimed to have a weapon and you felt your life was threatened.

>>28279114
>4.
Decline. Either they just get butthurt and you tell them to fuck off, or they attack and you shoot them.

>5.
Keep walking to your destination. Shoot them if they attack you.

>6.
Make two bad wishes and revert them with the third, thereby wrapping up the episode.

>>28279216
>7.
Confusedly ask what "run your pockets" means, and probably get shot.
>>
>>28278876
1. Shoot
2. Probably just give them my wallet or car and walk away if they aren't threatening harm to me beyond that. Don't care about stuff.
3. Draw and warn them to stay away. Rabbit if possible. Shoot if they continue to advance.

If there is an easy, non-violent solution to getting someone away, I'll take it. But if it looks like violence is eminent I'm shooting without reservation.
>>
>>28278894
This. I only have to prove that I felt that I was at risk for great bodily harm or death. Just gotta convince a jury that I felt I was justified.
>>
>>28282489
>2. Probably just give them my wallet or car and walk away if they aren't threatening harm to me beyond that. Don't care about stuff.
Wrong. They'll use the money to buy a weapon that they can actually hurt somebody with, and you're emboldening them to do so. Tell them to fuck off and be ready to shoot if you need to.

>If there is an easy, non-violent solution to getting someone away, I'll take it.
That's fine, but giving them what they want is not a solution. It's the opposite in fact.
>>
File: ss (2014-05-26 at 06.37.48).jpg (29 KB, 446x252) Image search: [Google]
ss (2014-05-26 at 06.37.48).jpg
29 KB, 446x252
>>28282489
>Probably just give them my wallet or car and walk away if they aren't threatening harm to me beyond that. Don't care about stuff.
Wow you fucking cuck
They dont even have a weapon and you do, but you give in just like that?
>>
>>28278876
Blast them. Period. If they run leave them for the police to look for, but if they're on my property illegally they're getting lead.
>2. Your out and about and someone threatens you and tries to rob you, they don't pull a weapon but are large and forceful, do you shoot or?
if they seem too close for me to draw on, I do what they want, give them wallet and such, and then while they're messing with that I draw
Draw but only to diffuse the situation, would only fire if I was convinced the person was a serious threat to my life.
>>
>>28282799
to be fair, shit like a car and a debit card are stupid easy for police to track and giving into shit like that is the easiest way to get those fuckers to catch themselves without you doing anything.
if they try to take serious amounts of cash or irreplaceable valuables, fuck them.
>>
>>28282830
That's not always the case.
And sometimes dindus would rather run from the cops with your car and it gets totaled.
I'm not one to risk that chance.
>>
>>28282861
well obviously if you have a nicer car then yeah don't give up the keys
but most car theft isn't GTA-style hijacking where they just pull you out of your car at a stoplight
>>
>>28282879
Getting told to fork over your keys is what pocket carry is for. Raise your hand and say "whoa dude, let me get it from my pocket" and then magdump. You shouldn't get to that point in the first place though if you're paying attention to your surroundings.
>>
>>28278876

First think.

The only way to break in a locked home is use of a tool.
Every tool has warning label stickers that warn you that using it unintended is a criminal offense.
You now have an armed criminal in your home.
Dead men tell no tales of how and why they are there.

>Just another Episode of Law and Order: Los Angeles.
>>
>>28278876
I live in florida and all scenarios you posited are grounds for legally utilizing lethal self defense.

your state may vary.
>>
File: 1450597038644.jpg (107 KB, 373x359) Image search: [Google]
1450597038644.jpg
107 KB, 373x359
1: shoot
2:A: Try to de escalate,B: fight if that fails (I dont lose often), if he gets backup and escape isnt an option C: shoot
3:A: fried chicken on a fishing pole B:fight, then C:shoot if options A and B become impractical due to any unforseen factors
>>
>>28282905
You know people can kick doors an shit, right?
>>
Is there an image that shows what states let you actually protect yourself, especially in your own home, and what one demand you act like a scared wussy with duty to flee?

I am serious, if one doesn't exist, I will make one. Just someone source me a list of states and their laws in this matter.
>>
>>28283191
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=stand+your+ground+laws
>>
File: close_retention_position.jpg (28 KB, 611x814) Image search: [Google]
close_retention_position.jpg
28 KB, 611x814
>>28282219
>Wtf does this even mean

Often, a dindu will literally just run up from behind and knock you in the back of the head.

A monkey's paw...come on now.

>>28282345
>Confusedly ask what "run your pockets" means, and probably get shot.

it means to turn out your pockets such that all of the contents fall out.

>>28282255
>So...its still holstered but he has his hand on it?

nah, pic related.
>>
>>28279017
>ni-dan
Get out faggot-san.
>>
File: IMG_6314.jpg (130 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6314.jpg
130 KB, 1024x768
>>28282219
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkey%27s_fist

This is what I thought of. Steel ball wrapped in paracord.

6. be knocked the fuck out/brain damaged. If not, kill them as quick as possible.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.