[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AR or AK for first time rifle?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: aa (6).jpg (963 KB, 2200x3298) Image search: [Google]
aa (6).jpg
963 KB, 2200x3298
>>
SK
>>
Yeah don't post a budget or the type of shooting you want to do or anything helpful like that.
>>
Nugget
>>
>>28278179
Guns are dumb don't buy one
>>
File: taytay.jpg (109 KB, 600x430) Image search: [Google]
taytay.jpg
109 KB, 600x430
Both
>>
>>28278179

Honestly, AK prices are going up and AR prices are really good right now so I'd say AR. Then get an AK later.
>>
>>28278179
The market is flooded with AR's. I prefer an ak but right now an AR is the better choice.
>>
America? AR.
>>
>>28278301
Their posture is fucking atrocious
>>
>>28278311
What exactly is driving the prices up of slavshit? The entire point of it was cheap reliable firearms that almost anybody could afford, now with people wanting $300 for nuggets there really is no point
>>
>>28278383
Running out of supply, senpai. Surplus rifles are drying up.
>>
I'd probably go with an AR. Prices are decent and they're super easy to operate and maintain.
>>
>>28278455
not exactly surplus rifles, but surplus parts kits. In most AKs, only the receiver and barrel are new, everything else comes from a demilled parts kit. Once companies will have to start making their own trunions, sight posts, top covers, gas tube/block, the prices of AKs are gonna go through the roof.

This is until they repeal the law that prevents Russian AKs from being imported...
>>
>>28278383

Nuggets were cheap because there were a lot of them. The stocks available to be sold in the United States have been sold already. Same with SKS, which is why people have to settle for yugos now instead of russian and chinese ones that can basically no longer be imported.

AKs are at this point almost all newly manufactured, which costs more than parts kits builds.

meanwhile there's a glut of ARs, which means the prices have gone down accordingly.
>>
>>28278383
importbans and the requirement they have to be semiauto only kills off all chances of surplus

all the aks sold in america are new
even if its a remanufactured ak where they disassemble an ak and reuse half the parts will cost more than just importing a complete gun that was paid for a longtime ago by some communist country
>>
>>28278179
"Grab AR, go innawoods" - Reality, 2015
>>
>>28278553
wouldnt an ar easily gump up innawoods?
>>
>>28278566
No. Stop believing fudds and noguns who worship the AK for no reason.
>>
>>28278566
Look up AR torture tests. Buy PSA or higher quality and you won't have a problem.
>>
>>28278589

Assuming someone was okay with paying for overpriced Heckler and Koch shit, how would you say the HK416 and HK417 match up to PSA or higher quality, especially in reliability and durability?
>>
>>28278179
How much time invested to learn: greater benefit.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.