[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did /k/ think?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Forever War.jpg (20 KB, 190x320) Image search: [Google]
Forever War.jpg
20 KB, 190x320
What did /k/ think?
>>
Armor, by John Steakley, was better, but it's among the top 3 books about power armor wearing soldiers that I've read (which is no small number).
>>
>>28265230
power armor is beside the point
>>
>>28265258
It's the only reason to post it on /k/ unless you want to talk about the spaceships or the time-slowing tech, the major part of the book was sex/societal evolution and that belongs on /lit/.
>>
>>28265293
about its war
>>
>>28265311
Posting a book about war on a video game board?
>>
>>28265311
That's barely any portion of the book, frankly.
>>
>>28265330
>a video game board?
Where do you think we are?
>>
>>28265336
I think they had four legged battle buddies in it.
>>
>>28265311
Not really.
As the other anon said it's about societal change. It has war as a way to drive the plot.
>>
>>28265347
Pretty sure that you're thinking of the Psydog units in Starship Troopers.
>>
>>28265349
>As the other anon said it's about societal change. It has war as a way to drive the plot.
wut
its an allegory for the vietnam war and the displacement soldiers felt and the lack of understanding
>>
>>28265355
>psydog
they were cyber not psi
>>
Start off with Heinlein, then transition to Haldeman & Scalzi.
They're all pretty fucking great writers.
>>
>>28265383
Neither, actually. Gene-modded dog-like creatures.
>http://www.technovelgy.com/ct/Content.asp?Bnum=2075

>>28265462
>Scalzi
Or we could recommend good scifi authors.
>>
>>28265540
>Losing your neo on Klandathu after it suicided just looking at a bug.
Kill 'em all ;_;
>>
>Everyone turns into a homo and white people go extinct.
Sounds like accurate prediction of where society is going.
>>
>>28265218
It's one of my favorites. A good companion/contrast to Starship Troopers.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.