[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /k/. Should I read any of this faggot's books? If so,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: Coljeffcooper.jpg (21 KB, 200x263) Image search: [Google]
Coljeffcooper.jpg
21 KB, 200x263
Sup /k/. Should I read any of this faggot's books? If so, which is best to start with? Thanks, guys.
>>
File: ZDYKkNUl.jpg (46 KB, 472x640) Image search: [Google]
ZDYKkNUl.jpg
46 KB, 472x640
>>28259005
I much prefer the writings of his protege, Louis Awerbuck.
>>
File: tmp_3716-toride-248439598.jpg (12 KB, 168x247) Image search: [Google]
tmp_3716-toride-248439598.jpg
12 KB, 168x247
To Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak the Truth

I picked up my copy years ago, in a used bookshop in Santa Cruz, of all places. It's as good an introduction to Red Pill thought as you'll find anywhere. I can't recommend it enough.
>>
>>28259697
Not really looking for "Red Pill." I'm looking for how to prepare for combat and shoot more effectively. Don't really need any life lessons, here.
>>
>>28259812

Cooper is old and dated, but still very much worthy if you're interested in having a more rigorous understanding of where a lot of modern combat/defensive shooting fundamentals originated from.

If you're looking to increase your effectiveness in terms of using a firearm as a weapons there are a lot of things you can do. At the risk of casting aspersions, you likely need to worry about your physical fitness first. Then you have the ancillary skills that support an individual in combat like learning true situational awareness, navigation, communication, threat identification, all of which come in military, police, and civilian flavors.

The best solution to your direct problem is to find a qualified instructor or company and take a class. No reading will substitute for live-fire training.
>>
>>28259847
Ha. I'm OK on the physical side. I've been running since I was 10 years old and I work out most days. Thanks for the advice, though!
>>
>>28259894

>OK on the physical side

Good on you. Try to keep it more "combat" oriented if you're that interested in it. I started seriously working out and doing HIT as well as gymnastics again, and I'm not swoll as fuck but I have a good power-to-weight ratio and agility/balance, which serves well in that kind of situation. Being able to move your weight and a light to medium load over obstacles like walls, or being able to hold anaerobic positions like squatting, or kneeling/leaning in strange ways for a long time are really what you're after.

Again, I reiterate my call for you getting hands-on, live fire training. No substitute for it and the best thing you can do for yourself.
>>
>>28259951
I hear you. There are some classes near me I could look into for sure. Nice thing about living in PA is that gun courses are a dime a dozen.
>>
He was an opinionated fudd
And other fudds thought the sun rise started from his ass.
While I respect the that he was a Col. He needed to stop there.
>>
>>28259985
Can you be more specific about why you find his ideas dated or which ideas of his you find dated?
>>
>>28260084

The mozambique drill is the penultimate example of his dated thinking, right behind the scout rifle. The mozambique drill is important because it laid the foundation for important concepts like failure-to-stop in general. The problem is his idea was conceived on anecdotal evidence from a third party source. The concept was solid, but the execution is poor. In modern shooting people who kill for a living don't do two in the chest, one in the head, they're doing five in the chest three in the pelvis kind of stuff. It's his theory focused for modern times where a better understanding of ballistics, trauma, anatomy, exists and things like body armor are more prevalent.
>>
>>28260134
>right behind the scout rifle
Nothing wrong with the Scout. Aside from electronic optics nothing significant has really changed since the concept was conceived.
>>
>>28260194

Other than the fact that the guy was trying to insist that full size cartridge bolt action rifles had a place as a line or mass issue weapon in the 1980s. Yes, they're a nifty little concept for hunting, but Cooper was delusional to think they were any sort of reasonable combat weapon in the age of intermediate cartridges.
>>
>>28260084
I am sure he was very knowledgable about firearms.
And when I said opinionated I meant all the other bullshit he felt he needed to opine. If you are a fun expert then stick to guns,
>>
Techniques move on but his mindset stuff is still relevant
>>
Oh shit, That Goy's back.
>>
>>28260383

Meh.

I resort to my angry shitposting ways when the wife is working nights and I have nothing to study or work on, or just don't want to. Pretty rarely look at the board these days, around once a week and post even less, probably once a month.
>>
>>28260383
OP here. Wat?
>>
File: gentlepersuasion.png (385 KB, 418x534) Image search: [Google]
gentlepersuasion.png
385 KB, 418x534
>>28260428
Oh my sweet, newbie child.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.