[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does the Russian Federation have the most experience in counter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9
Does the Russian Federation have the most experience in counter terrorism in the world? Chechnya, Dagastan, Kazakhstan are places where they have been in the last 30 years if I'm not mistaken.
>>
If you consider failure experience then yes. ;^)
>>
>>28253129
No, they know how to do it properly

http://www.waynakh.com/eng/2010/11/the-war-in-chechnya-diary-of-a-killer/

>Counterintelligence got wind of a group of female suicide bombers. We stormed their safe house and nabbed three women. One was in her forties, the others were young — one barely 15. They were drugged and kept smiling at us. The three were interrogated back at the base. At first, the elder, a recruiter of shahidkas [female suicide bombers], wouldn’t talk. That changed when she was roughed up and given electric shocks.
>They were then executed and their bodies blown up to get rid of the evidence. So in the end they got what they’d craved.

>In the basement of a house, we found several wounded rebel mercenaries, all Russians, fighting us for money.
>They screamed and shouted, begging us not to kill them because they had family and kids back home. So what? As if, by contrast, we’d come from an orphanage into this shithole. We executed them all.
>>
>>28253157
isnt their doctrine just to shoot literally everyone, especially the hostages
>>
>>28253182
Yes, but is it really worse than dragging a war on for 10 years because of ideals like America does?

I guarantee you, less innocents die because of Russian "brutality" than because of American "benevolence"
>>
>>28253197
You guarantee it? Well I suppose you have a source to back it up then.
>>
>>28253227
Why do I need a "source"?

Just look at the casualty counts of Iraq vs Chechnya you gundlebundlebagintrot
>>
>>28253227
He's a vatnik, "source" is either non existent or some obscure .info site

That said the American approach of uncontrollable spending and destabilizing an entire region probably is not the best counter terror strategy, much better would be an informal media blackout on terrorist attacks and countermeasures, plus more secure borders and a take no prisoners attitude towards terrorists
>>
>>28253182
>isnt their doctrine just to shoot literally everyone, especially the hostages
no, not really. if it was, they wouldve solved every hostage taking like yeltsin did his parliament problems. literally the only time they didnt go guns blazing(aside from negotiations) there was hundreds of collaterals(nord-ost) and the major reason for the deaths was wholly excluded from the assault teams.
>>28253197
>Yes, but is it really worse than dragging a war on for 10 years because of ideals like America does?
>I guarantee you, less innocents die because of Russian "brutality" than because of American "benevolence"
Murica did, i think it was called Waco and it did lead to more deaths even after.
>>
Second Chechen campaign is pretty much the only successful example of pacifying islamic insurgency. Use overwhelming brute force -> set one local clan against another -> install puppet dictator and give him full authority to do whatever he wants to maintain peace order. That includes burning down the houses of insurgents and banishing their families, something Israelis have been doing for ages and Americans have started to consider just now.
>>
>>28253244
>He's a vatnik, "source" is either non existent or some obscure .info site
nice sniping. of course everyone who disagrees with you is a vatnik, not that i agree with what he said.
>>
>>28253157
>waynakh.com
For some reason I doubt the credibility of this resource. Maybe because it's called fucking waynakh.com.
>>
>>28253271
It's extracts from a book written by a Russian conscript in Chechnya
>>
>>28253258
Lurk more in geopolitical threads

While I take the position that an ideas effectiveness is more important than its origin, those arguing that Russian anything is superior tend not to have the most credible debating approach
>>
>>28253121
The correct answer is Israel.
>>
>>28253243
Because until you provide a source. Everything you make is a baseless claim
>>
>>28253495
shut up you guglesplitzenflabengrosse
>>
>>28253503
Do you have a source that I'm a guglesplitzenflabengrosse?
>>
>>28253121
If Russian counter terrorists are anything like they are in CSGO then no.

On a Serious side, despite some embarrassing failures (invading chechnya's capital) kebab was removed. So well done Russia.
>>
File: 1420726555501.jpg (45 KB, 720x498) Image search: [Google]
1420726555501.jpg
45 KB, 720x498
>>28253121

Saying Russia is good at counter terrorism is like saying a soccer/football team is good at the game because they literally walk the ball to the goal while shooting anyone (including the ref) who gets in their way.

It's not like you can disregard rules outside of you're own playing field though.

Considering what's happened in the past couple months.

Stay classy, ruskies.
>>
>>28253560

your*

fuck.
>>
>>28253121
In terms of espionage and intel gathering yes.

Russia has a major terrorist state inside it's own country and they haven't been able to do anything major for at least a decade already.

Russia crippled them so hard, they're literally quitting.
>>
File: hostage rescue.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
hostage rescue.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>>28253560
well unlike the rest of modern world
they have terrorism in their back yard
recent event in france show that Western counter terrorism team is no better
>>
>>28253626

In the end, who is better?

You ruskies still have that 20mil+ death toll hanging over your head from less than 100 years ago and it shows in your tactics and doctrine, even in todays world.

I won't be the ignorant asshole to discredit Russia since she is still capable in her own ways.

But she isn't the best, that's for sure.

From your posting about the west in the middle east, you have no room to talk considering Russia is another whore for oil, too.
>>
File: севастополь.png (173 KB, 640x1000) Image search: [Google]
севастополь.png
173 KB, 640x1000
>>28253753
>You ruskies still have that 20mil+ death toll hanging over your head from less than 100 years ago and it shows in your tactics and doctrine, even in todays world.
lol. Taking civilians death into account. What a retard.
>>
>>28253829
>Taking civilians death into account.
why weren't they carrying?
>>
>>28253829

>DA COMRADE, CIVILIAN NO MATTER

Yeah, especially if a lot of them are own.

Again, only applies to your backyard rules.

Don't let those stingers hit your ass on the way out.
>>28253941

I support this question.
>>
File: 239_big[1].jpg (147 KB, 770x542) Image search: [Google]
239_big[1].jpg
147 KB, 770x542
>>28253941
>>28253959
They did as you never will
>>
>>28253959

>Yeah, especially if a lot of them are your own.
>>
>>28253979
>they did as you never will
>while backed by the USSR

oh kay bro
>>
>>28253560
That's a retarded as fuck analogy, soccer is a sport and counter terror is war. Whatever is necessary to get rid of the terrorists and discourage others from following them without wasting too much money goes.
>>
File: 1434703786436.jpg (286 KB, 615x461) Image search: [Google]
1434703786436.jpg
286 KB, 615x461
>>28254103

But, like a game, war has rules and actually does have ranking point system, too.

It may not be a game to you, per say.

Stop kidding yourself. It's also a joke, anon.
>>
>>28254143
Reaching 7500 points does not end a war

Killing and demoralizing your opponents enough that they give up and let you have their land/resources/women/trade policies is what wins the war
>>
>>28254164

I was talking in terms of higher ups like generals trying to leave behind a bullshit legacy in whatever branch they happened to be in, ideally talking about the U.S. Military officials tendency to field out shit they obviously lobbied for, amidst the bureaucratic bullshit that does also cost service members lives.

Russia is in the same boat.

It's a game, anon. And you're not in control of it, neither are a lot of people.
>>
>>28253157

>We executed them all.
>>
>>28253254
Sounds like Afghanistan invasion by Soviets, and it was a fucking failure.

Russia has absolutely shit tier intelligence. They couldn't even keep Ukraine in their sphere of influence.
>>
>>28256865

Soviet Union has accomplished all objectives in A-stan, read a fucking book desu.
>>
>>28256978
Soviet Union doesnt even exist today, so their 'objectives' must have been pretty fucking shit.
>>
File: 0_5daa2_e28c5261_orig.jpg (293 KB, 800x598) Image search: [Google]
0_5daa2_e28c5261_orig.jpg
293 KB, 800x598
>>28257385

The Communist Afghan government lasted years longer then the Soviet Union did after its dissolution. If the Soviet Union still would've existed, then it isnt far fetched to think that the Communist Afghan government would've remained in power and thus maintaining the accomplished objectives.

>>28253197
>>28253227
>>28253243

Iraq war (2003-2011). ~9 years:

-~62.730 military/militant/terrorist deaths.
-~100.000 to up to ~700.000 civilian deaths.

Total lower range: ~162.730
Total upper range: ~762.730

Second Chechen War (1999-2009). <10 years:

-~23.734 to ~30.299 military/militant/terrorist deaths.
-~25.000 to ~80.000 civilian deaths.

Total lower range: ~48734.
Total upper range: ~110.299.

Sources:

>>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Chechen_War
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Chechen_War

+

>>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_War
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_War

I guess that proves >>28253197's statement is more or less correct.
>>
File: n74n-s01[1].jpg (79 KB, 470x583) Image search: [Google]
n74n-s01[1].jpg
79 KB, 470x583
>>28253182
>isnt their doctrine just to shoot literally everyone
>shoot
No, it's to use tanks and thermobaric rockets in a hostage situation
>>
>>28257970
And nerve gas, dont forget the nerve gas
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.