[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>NR-1's size limited its crew comforts. The crew of about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: NR-1_986.jpg (900 KB, 3000x1972) Image search: [Google]
NR-1_986.jpg
900 KB, 3000x1972
>NR-1's size limited its crew comforts. The crew of about 10 men could stay at sea for as long as a month, but had no kitchen, bathroom, or bathing facilities.
>They ate frozen TV dinners, bathed once a week with a sponge of water, and burned chlorate candles to produce oxygen. The sub was so slow that it was towed to sea by a surface vessel, and so tiny that the crew felt the push and pull of the ocean's currents. >"Everybody on NR-1 got sick," said Allison J. Holifield, who commanded the sub in the mid-1970s. "It was only a matter of whether you were throwing up or not throwing up."

why would anyone voluntarily go into submarines
>>
NR-1 is research submarine. An Ohio-class or any other modern sub is going to have actual facilities. Still shitty compared to a surface ship though
>>
The NR-1 is literally the only submarine like that
>>
>>28098977
>Still shitty compared to a surface ship though
do navy surface ships have swimming pools for the crew? I think not
>>
>>28099545
Do submarines have fresh-air, sunshine, and ice cream factories?
>>
>>28099545
....do submarines?
>>
>>28099545
Yes, they do.
>>
>>28098941
The NR-1 was towed around by a ship. They lived on this ship,ate on the ship and fuck'd off on the ship then went under water for bit to do missions.

The company I work for had the contract for the NR1 the boat still works with submarines but the oil field kind. I used to work on its sister ship,which also worked with submarines..the rescue kind
>>
>>28099596
Typhoon class did.

Every time I've seen the pool though the water looks grotty green/brown colour though
>>
>>28100889
It looked more like a big bathtub
>>
File: 1444775378138.jpg (216 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1444775378138.jpg
216 KB, 2048x1536
>>28100889
How anyone can take Russia seriously for anything other than sheer manpower is beyond me
>>
The NR-1 kept the Russians pretty busy
>>
>>28101007
Russian population is half the US you moron
>>
>>28101007
Because Typhoons had massive, massive nuclear missiles, that's why.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.