[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
.410 Love
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
can we get some .410 love up in here?

my first gun was an H&R.410 and i still have it to this day

damn fun little gun and great for home defense
>>
>>28093518
Nice gun, but they wouldn't be my first choice for SD.
>>
My grandfather left me all of his guns. Two of which were .410's both of which I really enjoy. A model 42 Winchester in damn done condition. (I love this gun) and a old break action that my cousin fucked up the finish on the barrel. But .410 is a super fun and fairly practical round. I just wish it was cheaper/more common.
>>
>>28094987
>cheaper
this

i keep getting keked by local ammo suppliers on .410

>11$ for 5 shells

what the FUCK
>>
>>28095108
I have been finding some target shot for not awful. 11+ for 25. Its not bad for it now days. But I can only hope.
>>
File: DSCN7824.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
DSCN7824.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I shoot ptarmigan with a Governor. I use federal .410's in, I think, a defense type load. I threw the box away.
>>
>>28095292
what kind of effective range have you found you have? I was thinking of getting a governor, judge, or similar revolver for shooting clays.
>>
>>28095337
>what kind of effective range have you found you have?
Maybe 25 feet. A Ptarmigans natural defense is to stay still but if you get to close they fly away. I use 4 shot.
>>
>>28095358
nice bird, tasty?
>>
>>28095397
>nice bird, tasty?
I love them. They taste sort of like steak instead of chicken.
>>
Aww yeah subgauge thread!
>SKB (Ithaca) model 600 3 barrel set here. 20, 28, and .410. Fixed skeet chokes in all barrels, still hunt rabbits and dove with the 28ga barrels and many a (close) branch nigger has died to buffered 6s through the .410 set.

Reloading game loads for the .410 is a pain though. Sot larger than 7s likes to bridge in the drop tube. But fuck me if 6s and 5s arent crazy lethal.
>>
>>28093518
My first gun was a .410. I got it for my birthday when I was 8. It was my grandfathers, who gave it to my dad, who gave it to me. Unfortunately, I don't have it here in my house (keep it at my dads) so I couldn't give you too may specifics on it. Other than that, they are great for small game hunting.
>>
>>28093518
I have a Iver johnson single shot

I like it
>>
>>28095292
talk to me about the governor, is it just "cool and different" or does it have some actual utility? I've been on the fence over getting one for motorcycle work.
>>
>>28095612
>motorcycle work.
>work.

Unless you're talking about shooting a motorcycle for some reason, kill yourself.
>>
>>28095680
I ride a dirtbike, we have snakes here.
>>
>>28095685
You can definitely kill snakes with it. I'd use the defense loads.
>>
>>28093518
What happens if you fill a shotgun shell with something super tiny like metal filings or iron sand? Would it be an extremely close-range funnel of death? Obviously useless practically but just a question.
>>
File: 100_0854.jpg (905 KB, 3056x2292) Image search: [Google]
100_0854.jpg
905 KB, 3056x2292
>>28095776
You need to make a wax slug with the iron sand. I used some steel bead from a wheelabrator in a cloth patch and it just made noise in the dried leaves.

It's so easy to reload your own shells when it comes to.410 I don't understand why more ppl don't do it. You would be surprised how weak store bought HD rounds are compared to home loads....and still safe to shoot.
>>
this question applies to all shotgun sizes

has anyone ever tried using wooden slugs/shot in a shotgun? what would happen?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.