[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For the anons that own it, what is your opinion on the guns and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 180
Thread images: 22
File: Fallout_4_cover_art.jpg (34 KB, 238x293) Image search: [Google]
Fallout_4_cover_art.jpg
34 KB, 238x293
For the anons that own it, what is your opinion on the guns and the customization for them in Fallout 4?
>>
>>/v/
>>
>>28091525
Pretty shit. I wish someone would take whoever is in charge of Bethesda's weapon design to a range and let them fire a variety of weapons, at least once.

I hope that in two years Millennia and the other weapon modders will be able to fix it.
>>
Really. Out side of how retarded the Ass rifle and 1mm look. I'm ok with the weapons they fixed the combat shotgun and the Gauss rifle is pretty badass.
>>
>>28091525
Don't really mind all the retarded shit, just don't take it serious and sperg out and its a fun game.
>>
Bolt action rifles have bolt on left but you're right handed. EVERY SINGLE ONE.
>>
>>28091525
Receiver dictates damage of same caliber weapons. Barrel length has no effect on bullet damage. Wat. Receiver magically makes bullets AP, but only if its automatic--no semi AP. Wat.
>>
They should have stayed with the fallout 3 assault rifle design and used all the guns from new vegas. The water cooled old timey assault rifle looks fucking ridiculous
>>
>>28091525
>10mm Makarov
>COMPLETELY SILENT 10mm Makarov

Just gonna throw that out there.

On a serious note it's fucking stupid that you can rechamber the combat rifle into .38 or .308 but can't rechamber the Thompson into .38. I want to give Piper a .38 Thompson with 4,000 rounds of ammo I no longer use and just let her go wild.
>>
>>28091525
Sub par, just like the rest of the game
>>
File: 1307845030001.jpg (11 KB, 240x264) Image search: [Google]
1307845030001.jpg
11 KB, 240x264
>>28091525
>For the anons that own it, what is your opinion on the guns and the customization for them in Fallout 4?
That you need to take your shitty thread and fuck off back to /v/.
>>>/v/
>Sage goes in all fields.
>>
>>28091525
It's fun
You will be collecting screws like a damn fiend though.
>>
>>28091918
And adhesive until you get a few good farms going. Also need oil and aluminum.
>>
>>28091525

It's a step up from 3, but even with the customization I still feel like there's hardly any variety. And as it's already been said, the "assault rifle" look like shit. The pipe guns were a nice idea, though.

But I think New Vegas has spoiled me. Most of the guns there were realistic or plausible, and they also accounted for all the different calibers that exist (e.g. "5.56mm will work with any gun that fires .223!").
>>
my laptop can't run it even with the fucking .ini tweaks dropping down to complete shit.
>>
>>28092061
I get an fps of 16 most of the time and half that indoors. Dropped down to 6 whenever I look in the direction of the center of the institute. Only places where it is 60 fps are the main menu, loading screens, and lock picking.

What the fuck is going on?
>>
>>28092061
>>28092093
And this is why I prefer consoles so thatway I ain't having to spend $5000 dollars just to get a pc to run the game right.
>>
>>28092114
Consoles are getting fps drops too.
>>
>>28092061
>>28092093
>>28092114
The game is absolutely horribly optimized. Things that can run Crysis at 1080p 60fps on max are having trouble with FO4.
>>
>>28092140
Yeah I can run ARMA 3 on max 60fps but fallout 4 is laggy as shit, and the load times are fucked takes like 30seconds-1minute every time you enter/exit a building
>>
>>28091629

You didn't complain when STALKER did it.
>>
>Give gun automatic firemode
>Does 20 less damage

I can't stand this.
>>
>>28092140
Im placing my faith in bethesda in terms of them releasing a patch for low end rigs. My laptop isn't retarded low end, I'm running an i7 circa 2013-ish and Nvidia video with 2g ddr and 8g of ram but I'm going to up that to 16 next week.
>>
>>28091525
One thing I like is how I can take parts from guns and put them on other ones instead of needing to build the parts and mods from scratch if I want to upgrade a legendary.
>>
>>28092184
No we just mod that shit away, but those mods are not out yet for F4.
>>
>>28092198
I'm going to mod it out when the GECK rolls out. I can't fucking stand it either.
>>
>>28091525
I cant wait for a mod similar to that AK/AR-15 pack for fallout new vegas. Otherwise I kind of hate the aesthetics of the weapons and alot of the armor. The pipe weapons and the assault rifle being the worst, but overall its like every non energy weapon is made by taurus or some philipino weapons shop. On a side note, kind of similar to my original issue is that when I'm "crafting" my settlements I'm basically just making more junk, I would love to make walls and furniture with pristine pre war condition.
>>28091629
This
>>
>>28092184
in b4 STALKER takes over.

also playing through misery for the second time makes me realize why I stopped playing through the first time. Lots of neat-o items but unrealistically hard enemies that make me want to punch my girlfriend in the box.
>>
>>28091661
regardless of what weapon or caliber, you can give a companion
any weapon with at least 5 bullets and it becomes infinite for them.
>>
>>28092246
Wot. I thought it only worked for settler and with 1 ammo.
>>
>>28091661
who hell use .38 anyway in FO4 anyway????

they need to improve pipe guns because it is extremely useless comparing to 10mm pistol and hunting rifle
>>
>>28092278
No shit? Isn't that the point of cobbled-together piece of shit guns?
>>
>>28092278
Theres a combat rifle that does 15 points explosive damage so I changed the receiver to .38 so I can finally use all of it. Its OP as fuck, don't even have to hit anything just shoot the ground next to their feet until they fall down crippled
>>
>Make a gun automatic
>Does so little damage that it's useless
I get that it's for balancing, but really come on now
>>
>>28092335
>balancing
>single player
literally no point
>>
>>28092262
Some guns need a certain amount of ammo. iirc, the minigun needs more than 1 for them to fire.
>>
>>28092140
Ya they really need a new graphics engine. They been stacking shit on it for 13 years and it takes way more computing power than it should for a game that looks like fallout 4
>>
>>28092373
>Minigun needs more than 1 to fire
Shit, I need to redistribute ammo. Got a list of which needs what?
>>
>>28092335
>somehow the same bullet does less damage
Ya its bullshit
>>
>>28092354
This. Fuck balancing. When I upgrade guns in games, I'm sick of there always being a stupid fucking trade off. Like, you can put this enhanced sight on your gun, but it makes your footsteps louder, and enemies can hear you easier. Fuck FPS'.
>>
>>28092388
I'm not certain. I just give everyone 10 of any ammo besides fat man or missile launcher, then they get 5.
>>
Biggest bullshit imo is that it apparently requires less gun/mechanical knowledge to bore out and change a barrel or forge a receiver than it does to create and fix a different stock.
>>
Why are the Institute laser weapons completely inferior to the regular laser weapons? Technology my ass.
>>
>>28092461
Mass produced expendable pieces of shit robots get mass produced pieces of shit guns.

Coursers should have plasma weapons though.
>>
>>28092461

Probably because they were built in a shitty underground mac store without the proper machining for lasers on quality of the prewar/enclave models.
>>
> /k/ related

I found upgrading a receiver to do more damage with the same cartridge silly. Just let full auto be the upgrade, with recoil being the mitigating factor.

Having a .50 sniper round to the head do 10% health damage means your level scaling algorithm is silly.

Why are plasma rounds so slow?

Why do laser beams make as much noise as gunpowder?

> Not so /k/ related

Why the fuck can I not just assassinate these manichean faction leaders so we can get shit working again?
>>
>>28092487
Plasma has been slow since FO3.

In regards to your last question, last I checked, you can kill them once you meet them.
>>
>no Chinese assault rifle on the Chinese submarine

One job Bethesda.

At least the gauss
>>
>>28092504

> Since FO3

Yeah, but still, why so slow? I get maybe limiting the range due to atmospheric dispersion.

> Kill them all, Jeremus

Sadly, Bethesda did not provide the option with letting me replace Eldar Maxxon with a certain Brotherhood paladin who might share my view that murdering the fuck out of competing scientists is not the fastest way to understanding their technology.
>>
The only good guns are the .44 magnum, the combat rifle, the hunting/sniper rifle, the Deliverer, the minigun, the smg, the double barrel and the laser musket.
>>
>>28092557
That you can put a silencer on.
>>
>>28092559
>Bethesda
>options

The only options in bethesda games are what your character looks like, and how he kills stuff.
>>
Explosive minigun best minigun.
>>
>>28092570
endless laser makset = oh my god, I oneshot everything
>>
>>28091525
I liked having a ton of guns in fallout new vegas rather than like 15 customizable ones, also i liked the custom ammo
>>
>>28092570
How is the minigun good
>>
>Why gamers are the shittiest people on earth the thread

I'm convinced the reason Video Game companies keep doing whatever the fuck they want is because "gamers" will just come up with reasons to hate anything they do like SJWs.
>>
>>28091525
I want the old 10mm pistol back
and the chinese pistol
>>
>>28091525
why is everything left handed?

is it easier to work a bolt with your off hand and keep your primary hand on the handle/trigger ready for shooting...basically applying the HnK and AR post 60's concept of using your left hand for changing mags and charging the weapon versus how AK's operate on the old bolt action concept of holding the weapon with your left hand and using your right hand to change mags and charge the weapon but take your strong hand off the fire controls?
>>
>>28091564
That's why I like old school 1990's Fallout 1 and 2 and tactics...while there was scifi fantasy guns the Black Isle team were avid cowboy action shooters who also like tactical weapons hence lot's of European bull pup and prototype guns from the 80's is in there.

Also Fallout 3 New Vegas had some of the old guys and they are the ones who put ammo reloading in because they themselves are re loaders.

Fallout's made by Bethesda are filled with liberal millennials who at best are comic book nerds and you know how fucked up comic book artist are at drawing guns.
>>
>>28092440
Yeah, don't give anyone a fatman. The terms, "Danger Close" "Blast Radius" and "Friendly fire" don't mean shit to NPCs.
>>
>>28092184
vanilla stalker has zero bolt action rifles
>>
>>28092990
I think there are two reasons that companies can exploit them. They complain about stupid shit like shitty weapon designs, graphics, etc, and hardly ever about gameplay, glitches, DLC being an additional $100 for the finished product, and whatnot. The main reason they're so easily exploited is because they still buy the game, and never boycott products. The companies simply don't care about the consumers, so they're fine with giving them a shit product. Overall, I fucking hate gamers though.
>>
To everyone thatbis bitching about how there seems to be almost nothing but pipeguns let me explain this to you.

YOU ARE IN BOSTON WHICH IS A ANTI GUN STATE BACK IN IT'S DAY'S AND SINCE GUNS WERE RESTRICTED AS FUCK IN BOSTON IT HAS LED TO ALOT OF GUNS TO BE MADE IN GARAGES OR IN OTHER FORMS OF MAKING A FIREARM!

NOE AFTER THE NUCLEAR WAR HAS HAPPENED AND SINCE THERE WAS A LITTLE AMOUNTS OF REGULAR FIREARMS AROUND IN BOSTON IT HAS LED TO MORE PIPEGUNES TO BE MADE THROUGHOUT BOSTON BECAUSE A NORMAL FIREARM WAS NOT WIDESPREAD IN BOSTON BECAUSE THE STATE HAD ALOT OF RESTRICTIONS ON OWNING A FIREARM IN THE PAST BUT THAT IS IRRELEVANT NOW BUT STILL IT HAS CAUSED THE STATE TO BE NOTHING BUT PIPEGUNS BECAUSE THAT WAS EASY TO MAKE AND FAST TO SPREAD!

ALSO THERE WAS SHORTAGE ON ALOT OF FIREARMS IN THE PAST DUE TO THE COST OF FIREARM PRODUCTION AND RESOURCES SO IT HAD TO BE MADE FROM SCRAP METAL AND AMMO TO BE MADE FROM TIN CANS IN THE PAST BEFORE THE BOM DROPPED DUE TO THE FACT THAT RESOURCES WAS RUNNING DRIED SO THERE WAS NO ACQUIRING A NEW FANCY FIREARM UNLESS WERE DISCUSSING ENERGY BASED WEAPONS THEN THIS ARGUMENT IS OVER!

My autism rant is over now you may return to your shitposting.
>>
>>28091525
open the door, get on the floor
<spoiler>your son is the villain of fallout 4</spoiler>
>>
File: mercjeep.jpg (39 KB, 555x373) Image search: [Google]
mercjeep.jpg
39 KB, 555x373
I want someone to make a modern Jagged Alliance 2 1.13, but in the gameplay style of Fallout 4.

Instead of all the stupid gun mods, there should just be a bunch of variants of the same gun, for example you can turn an AKM into a Draco or an RPD or a PSL with the right parts, or build yourself some in-between monstrosity that you'd never see in real life.

Instead of post apocalypse Boston, you're running around some South American dirtpile doing jobs for various factons, rebels, government, drug dealers, CIA, ect.

Instead of one partner who constantly bitches about their emotions, you pick a squad of mercenaries that you have to actively pay, and ensure they work well together.

No one will ever make this game :(
>>
>>28093250
why was the military hording pipe guns in safes before the bombs dropped? surely they could afford real guns
>>
>>28093312

Why can you not

1. Take it with a grain of salt because it's a video game and have fun

or

2. Not play the fucking game instead of telling everyone on an imageboard how angry you are that the game fails to feature Michael Mann levels of technical detail
>>
>>28092990

Game had some flaws. When the mod with free roam, accurate guns, and factions fighting over territory, it's going to be pretty good. Imagine building up your settlement with a giant guard tower, while you sit up and pick of the hordes of feral ghouls that roll through because of the the recent radioactive storm.

I'm also waiting for the mod that turns the Brotherhood of Steel into the Space Marines and just let's you purge the wastelands.
>>
>>28093185
How bad could it be? Give em a NIRV.
>>
>>28092967
the explosive minigun is the best weapon in the game. high damage and extremely high fire rate.
>>
>>28093312
Resources was very hard to come by and since making energy based weapons was easier to make due to the fact that it was energy based and not metal based on ammo it has led to the military adapting to the energy weapon but it was not widespread throughout the entire military so it has led to the government to try and come up with other means of arming all of the military.

Meanwhile one of the military branches in the west was mor in use around normal firearms meanwhile in other regions it heavily rely on energy or plasma based weapons and in some other military branches it had to rely on whatever they were given which we can see a perfect example of boston being low on supplies of normal firearms so they had to make their own pipeguns just to keep up with the demand keep the military in arms.

I'm not 100% accurate but it makes sense when you look at the reason the war was started was because of the lack of resources.
>>
>>28091548
Fuck off
>>
File: 2455-3-1448340453.jpg (345 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2455-3-1448340453.jpg
345 KB, 1920x1080
>>28093342
why cant you admit the game lacks guns cause Bethesdas fucking lazy and expects modders to fix it while selling more guns as dlc
>>
>>28092990

>They put rad storms in it

Faggots complain

>Power Armor is in peaces

Faggots complain

>BOS is like the Fallout 1 and 2 counterparts no one played yet complain the later versions is nothing like it

Faggots complain

>Nig rigged guns because real guns are scarce

Faggots complain
>>
>>28093402

Then stop playing them faggot.
>>
>>28093234

No, you're certainly right. I've been playing Fallout 4 and yeah, there are the occasional moments when I'm a little frustrated at some technical details, but then I remember I'm playing a game with a fucking Fusion powered Zeppelin and just let it go. I don't walk into a popcorn action-blockbuster and expect hyper-detailed attention to technicality, I expect to be amused for 2 hours. There's just so much wrong with these threads, everything from people not understanding that three quarters of the player base really doesn't give a fuck about some bullshit technical detail to the question you asked of "If you keep getting burned why do you give them your money!"

You can see it in the "board culture" of /v/ and ilk, these aren't just shit posters, I bet they're actually whiny man child cake eaters in person too, like "gamers" tend to be. Gamers are just miserable, unhappy people who present as impossible to please. No matter how fucking good it is, it gets shit on, and this is why I suspect Gaming, as an art, has taken such a fucking nose dive lately. It's why Valve is never going to make Half-Life 3, they'll pour their heart and soul into it and make something as close to perfection as they can and just get shit on. Why do that when you can just make money by strapping a sign to your head that says why bother and just make more hats for TF2.

You are right though, at the end of the day Gamers are to blame. You pay for rehashed, uninspired CoD and Halo games left and right and then wonder why the hell no one is trying to raise the bar, or when someone does raise the bar and produce something truly unique (FEAR I & II for example)
>>
>>28093402

Option 2, stop playing it or better yet don't fucking pay for it in the first place. Keep your bitching to yourself.
>>
>>28093376
I'd have just pointed out that changing weapons over takes years to do. Some units today have M-4's, some have M-16A4's, then all the units I was in still had M-16A2's, so some military units having lead, laser, or plasma is pretty understandable since Operation Anchorage was only a bit before the bombs dropped.
>>
>>28091525
>Bethesda
What the fuck were you expecting? Look at the people who made the game, why do you think they know anything about firearms?
>>
>>28091661
>>>10mm Makarov
>>COMPLETELY SILENT 10mm Makarov
It's a PPK you dipshit. It's a Bond reference. It even has the same firing noise as Goldeneye. Iamgine being this retarded.
>>
>>28093312
>>28093402
>>28093463

Guys, it's randomized loot. You get a pipe gun in the army base because the RNG came up with a low number. Bethesda left it in because they figured you wouldn't find it that big of a deal.

I just want to know if the combat rifle being chambered in .45 was a subtle nod to older vets.
>>
>>28093429
Exactly. It's really sad. Luckily I would've never fallen out of video gaming if it weren't for that shit, so I guess it's a good thing. I only play occasionally with friends now.
>>
>>28093311
So it'd literally be a 1st person version of Fallout Tactics? Because that'd be amazing.
>>
>>28091629
have you SEEN S.T.A.L.K.E.R? All the rifles are mirrored. Yet /K/ still enjoys it. Why? Because its fun.
>>
>>28091661
I gave her the first combat rifle I round that I didn't take for myself and just gave her a few thousand .45 rounds. I never use that ammo anyways.
>>
>>28093429
Do you happen to work for Kotaku?
>>
>>28092990
Woah you're back.
>>
>>28093370
Why not go for two?

>Buy Big Boy from DC vendor, fires 2 nukes at once
>Attach MIRV
>16 bomblets per launch
>Give to Danse
>Danse liked that
>Take to the wastes and watch in horror as he ALLAHU AKBARS everything in sight, including you
>>
>>28092246
No. No it does not. I had to constantly give Piper ammo for her .45 before I just said fuck it, bought as much .45 as I could find and threw it at her. Havent had to resupply her in ages.
>>
>>28093582

I don't even know what that is.
>>
You know thid just be my autism but it makes sense when you look at the angry posts about how resources was scarce

Fallout one and two had lots of guns to choose from and as well ammo because it was infact took place in the western part of the united states and when you look at fallout three it took place in the east and there wasn't that much of variety of ammo or firearms due to the low supply there was in factory made firearms in the past and so it led to the east to just focus on making certain types of ammo to be almost nato tier focused on production which is the 10mm being the more common ammo in the east and as well the 308 due to the shortage of other type of resources to be able to make other ammo.

Which also lead up to the fact that in fallout three and four it shows the 10mm pistol to be a common pistol because that was the only pistol that was successful in being widespread in the east but still supplies was short so it had to fill in the other gaps which leads us back to the main topic of why pipeguns are common in the east meanwhile it is not so common to come across a pipegun in the west.

Makes sense when you look at it that way.
>>
>>28093591

Wife is gone for the night, I have nothing to read/study and there is nothing to drink.
>>
>>28092557
Falout 4? where is this Chinese sub?
>>
>>28092242
Exactly my thoughts about misery except for the GF part. Just plain not fun to play.
>>
>>28093429

why did you write all of that?
>>
>>28092570
>deliverer

mah fucking nigger

Used that shit for 80% of the game
Operating like a badass

Didn't think anyone else liked it as much as me
>>
>>28093744

Because it took me 90 seconds and wanted to?

Why did you read it?
>>
>>28092461
They have higher ROF and less recoil than standard laser weapons. They make good autos because of that.

I found a legendary one that had an infinite magazine capacity, made it full auto, and named it "Fucking Magnets". I can't tell you how awesome it is to just walk into a place holding down the trigger and firing thousands of beams at fucking everything without having to stop.
>>
File: 1446839506149.jpg (128 KB, 1500x1093) Image search: [Google]
1446839506149.jpg
128 KB, 1500x1093
>>28093729
it's in the water
>>
>>28093729
its in the water behind the bar where you get drinking buddy
some kid wants you to kill it
>>
>>28093729
>>28093774
Shamrock something
Give it a Google
If you head behind the bar there's a boy by the dock that starts the quest.
Give it a Google, sub is called Yangtze
>>
>>28093371
Where do I acquire one of dis?
>>
>>28093250
That's wrong though, in the lore.

In real life? Sure. But not in fallout lore.

Oh, wait, is this bait? It looks like bait.
>>
>>28093763
What about adding a shotgun attachment and go full disco?
>>
>>28091918
there is a perk that turns all scrapped guns into screws
>>
>>28092210
Except it's uncommon to be able to do this. Can't remove a scope from a laser rifle and put it in a plasma fun or hunting rifle. AND you can't strip parts from one gun without replacing them with ones you make (want to take out that receiver for your nice gun? Gotta build a new receiver then!)
>>
File: Fallout 4 (44).png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Fallout 4 (44).png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>28093851
Thought about that but never tried it.

>tfw no-reloads full auto scatterlaser

On a related note, I think the .38 pipe gun gets too much shit. It isn't bad, especially in full auto. As a machine pistol or SMG it doesn't do that much less damage than the Thompson but is much more customizable and uses cheap, readily available ammo.

Pic semi related

>>28093858
Scrapper. Rank 5 I think in Intelligence. Definitely a must have if you build gun mods yourself, ESPECIALLY if you use energy weapons. Good luck finding all that fibre optic otherwise.
>>
>>28093180
You're a good man charlie brown.
>finally fix teh shooting mechanic
>shitty as "art" direction towards guns
>pre war chests have pipe pistols
>left handed faggot programmer taking it out on us righties.

FUCKEN 0/10 shithesda.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
What is wrong with this picture
>>
>>28093927
>>pre war chests have pipe pistols

Fucking this, what the fuck

>break into NG armoury that's been untouched since the bombs fell
>weapon lockers full of bottle caps, drugs, and pipe guns made of wood and copper

Makes sense
>>
File: Fallout 4 (25).png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Fallout 4 (25).png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>28093919
Seriously though

>using anything but the 10mm pistol and Obrez'd hunting rifle
>>
File: Fallout 4 (43).png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Fallout 4 (43).png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>28093982
>>
>>28093929
The ugly ass reflex sight?
>>
>>28093929
The fact the only revolver in game is missing it's fucking firing pin
>>
>>28093990
What benefit does the short stock offer?
>>
>>28094024
improved hipfire maybe, other than that literally worse in every way
>>
File: Fallout 4 (41).jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Fallout 4 (41).jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>28094024
It's lighter and I wanted an Obrez. Was a close range weapon so the extra aimed accuracy and recoil reduction didn't matter.

Eventually turned it into a short barreled and suppressed .50 rifle with a full stock though

Fuckin' A+ stealth weapon
>>
>>28093809
random drop from legendary enemies
>>
>>28093760
>Why did you read it?

lol
>>
get a shotgun or smg with the wounding prefix and they game flips into easy mode

the 25 additional points of bleed damage stack per pellet out of a shotgun and it works on robots and ignores armor

i've been using the same double barrel for 30 levels and i can still double tap deathclaws
>>
>>28094012
>>28094022

no and no
>>
>tfw instigating MIRV
>>
>>28094194
the fact that it's impossible to reload that revolver?
>>
>>28093407
>peaces
pieces
Like you want more pie.
Pie ces.
>>
>>28094312

nope
>>
>>28094084

What is Artyom? >>28093919
>>
>>28093929

the fact that you have a little ass dick and are a fucking faggot?
>>
File: FO2_Intro_APA.jpg (21 KB, 640x320) Image search: [Google]
FO2_Intro_APA.jpg
21 KB, 640x320
>>28091525
Head back to >>>/v/ and don't come back until you have a game that isn't garbage to discuss.
>>
>>28092570
Deliverer op as shit. Was better than my .50 sniper
>>
>>28094464

close but no
>>
>>28093929

Since no one guessed it the trigger should be in the rearward position since it's cocked.
>>
>>28094595
It's not designed that way.
Also you have autism.
>>
>>28094449
Drum-fed automatic shotgun

Reminded me of something out of Metro, hence the name
>>
>>28094659

Kinda like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhxlNjZkGvM
>>
>>28093982
I use Deliverer and pretend it doesn't hold 12 shots somehow as a PPK. Also a .50 sniper rifle.
Next build I want to try to almost exclusively use a modded double barrel (with stock and long barrels)
>>
>>28093982
A true obrez would do 15 pts of fire damage with a short barrel, no muzzel device, and a .50 receiver
>>
File: Fallout-4-Le-Fusil-Terribles.jpg (38 KB, 821x271) Image search: [Google]
Fallout-4-Le-Fusil-Terribles.jpg
38 KB, 821x271
would just like to point out that they did make the combat shotgun in 4 a little better then the one in 3...
>>
>>28094923
Yeah it does appear to actually make some sense now. Though I would point out that the top round in the magazine is several inches below the bolt: how does it get picked up and fed in reliably?
>>
>>28094942
The drum has a straight portion at the top like a Saiga drum does. It feeds right at the chamber like it should.
>>
File: RiotShotgun.png (1 MB, 3050x1000) Image search: [Google]
RiotShotgun.png
1 MB, 3050x1000
>>28094923

Compared to this?
not really
>>
>>28094986
Which would make sense, but IIRC when you reload ingame the drum is open right at the top like a Thompson drum with no extension
>>
>>28091629
Fallout is an alternate universe.
Half the shit in the game is different.
>>
>>28091525
my favorite thing is how all shotguns fire 'shells'

this is the only thing we need to know. It's a shotgun, they all eat the same shit right

New Vegas didn't do that, I was hoping they would learn from Obsidian's example. Guess not.
>>
File: image.jpg (117 KB, 620x899) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
117 KB, 620x899
>>28095619
This

New Vegas was and is so fucking based
>>
>>28095619
>>28095655

just wait for fallout 4's spin off. everything will be better and we may finally get hellfire armor
>>
>>28092046

TTW is still the best Fallout.
>>
File: image.jpg (1007 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1007 KB, 3264x2448
>>28094194
It is missing its fucking firing pin though, it's stupidly obvious when ADSing
>>
File: Fallout4_Combat_rifle.png (232 KB, 1140x298) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4_Combat_rifle.png
232 KB, 1140x298
>>28094923
I don't know why THIS thing looks like THAT thing. Can anyone explain what the thing that looks like a retard didn't know what a tube magazine was is?

Though I do wish there WAS a real modern battle rifle that fired .45 Colt.

Also I know it's for 'balance' really but there's not any good explanation for why fucking full auto damage goes in the shitter. You're better off with semi-auto almost every time. Pour those perk points into Rifleman and two-shot deathclaws.
>>
>>28095619
>my favorite thing is how all shotguns fire 'shells'
have you considered that they didn't bother to differentiate because they're all firing the same shells? Just assume every shotgun is a 12 gauge.
>>
>>28095692
It's supposed to be a gas system I think, one that dumps hot gas into the mag I guess
>>
>>28095693
>20 gauge doesn't exist and is not a very popular round
>>
>>28095702
>hurr
All two (2!) of the shotguns are pretty obviously in 12 gauge
Don't forget this is the super watered down causal Fallout: Skyrim. Don't look for depth where there is none.
>>
>>28095692
It's supposed to be similar to a Browning Automatic Rifle or Dead Money's Auromatic Rifle, but Todd got cheap and mostly reused the same model as the combat shotgun. And why would they chamber a long range combat rifle in .45 ACP? It should have been a .308 from the get-go, with an option to convert to .45 as an option

Still though, for all my autistic complaining, the CR is probably the most based, versatile weapon in FO4
>>
>>28095716
>All two (2!) of the shotguns are pretty obviously in 12 gauge
this.
>>
>>28091525
I'm just so fucking annoyed that this game that is based in a fictional universe with impossibilities has guns that have no basis in reality. it's just so fucking annoying. i love the fact that enough radiation makes someone a ghoul who will live for hundreds of fucking years, or a mini nuke that is practical to use. But by god those guns just rustle my jimmies so much it breaks the game for me. it is just so unrealistic. I hate how I jump off the top of the highest building in FO4, land on my feet in power armor perfectly fine, shoot a super mutant in the head with my VATS machine which slows down time, with a high powered no scoped bolt action sniper rifle, ONLY TO SEE THAT IT IS A LEFT HANDED ACTION. WTF BETHESDA.

seriously guys, you're all fucking faggots if you think this is a shit game because of the guns. if you hate the guns for being "un-realistic" then you need to hate on the super-mutants, ghouls, bullshit jetpack for power armor, power armor that allows user to drop from impossible heights and be perfectly fine, stimpacks that heal bone damage and bullet holes with a stab of a needle, and everything else that makes up the fallout universe and otherwise deemed un-realistic. you're arguments are fucking crap and you should feel bad for having them.
>>
>>28095739

I like that the combat rifle is a sci-fi BAR.....that's neat...
>>
>>28095745
Me too, short barrel, suppressor, 308 mod, reflex sight.

straight up operatin' with MacReady.
>>
>>28095724
I don't think the combat rifle is supposed to be .45 acp. I think it's one of those cop outs where one caliber works in multiple guns in different rounds. Like "7.62mm" works in battle rifles in .308 and AK's. You know?
>>
>>28094595
>what is a single action
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 400x380) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 400x380
>>28095739
>taking video games this seriously

Go out and find a girl, anon
>>
File: heresyourreply.jpg (8 KB, 196x257) Image search: [Google]
heresyourreply.jpg
8 KB, 196x257
>>28095806
>mfw i've been married 7 years.
>>
>>28094595
not all guns move the trigger back with the hammer cocked.
>>
File: image.jpg (291 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
291 KB, 1920x1080
>>28095831
My point still stands
>>
>>28095841
>not finding a permanent battle buddy.
>>
>>28093250
lol, Bethesdrone getting mad. I bet you defend Little Lamplight too.
>>
File: 01 - fx6nDsu.jpg (122 KB, 447x893) Image search: [Google]
01 - fx6nDsu.jpg
122 KB, 447x893
I check my raging autism at the start menu and get lost in the wasteland. Game is fun as fuck, more so when you don't quick travel everywhere.

bitches don't know about my ghetto buster plasma scattergat
>>
>>28093429
You fucking idiot. This is /k/, not /v/. We're being autistic because we are telling you to fuck off, because Fallout 4 has nothing to do with /k/ beyond a superficial resemblance to guns.
>>
File: 1435610037896.gif (1 MB, 200x188) Image search: [Google]
1435610037896.gif
1 MB, 200x188
>put suppressor on gun
>does less damage
>>
>>28095915
it only reduces range iirc
>>
>>28095916
My mistake was thinking of another game.
>>
>>28091525
It's awful, we need New Vegas back.

>.44 Mag does more damage then .50 BMG
>>
>>28091525
The story and the factions you can join are boring as fuck though. Can't stand these leaders, not a single one is inspiring or convincing enough to fight for their cause.
>>
>>28095926
My 10mm Deliverer does more damage than my fully modded .50 BMG hunting rifle.
>>
I think one of the ones that annoys me the most is the SAO .44
I really want to use it, but goddamn that is annoying
>>28095915
>Give gun automatic firemode
>Does like 1/3 of the damage it did before.
They literally made automatics useless
>>28095832
I've not seen any revolvers that don't. My S&W certainly does
>>
>>28095928
What bothers me most is that they seem to have tried to make the faction system less black and white then fallout 3 did like new Vegas, but only succeeded in making factions that are all fucking awful. There's the sjw synthlivesmatter fags who are like entitled college kids with no understanding of the real world, the technocrat asshole BoS, and the eggheads who turned their backs on the surface. None of them have the good of the commonwealth in mind, save the minutemen, who unfortunately are the least fleshed out of the factions.
>>
>>28091525
>weapons impart magic properties to the bullets that they shoot.
These aren't guns, they're magic staves dressed up as one.
>>
>>28095935
The only time automatics are worth it is if you've got one of the legendary magic weapons that do xx damage on hit and you're just trying to bleed/poison/explode/burn/chill them to death.
>>
>>28095915
what they don't tell you is when you add a suppressor, you also switch to subsonic rounds.
>>
This thread was moved to >>>/v/319009916
Thread replies: 180
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.