[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what is good mags for wood stock SKS? i bought 1 polymer promag
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: Simonov-SKS-45.JPG.cf.jpg (35 KB, 1200x400) Image search: [Google]
Simonov-SKS-45.JPG.cf.jpg
35 KB, 1200x400
what is good mags for wood stock SKS? i bought 1 polymer promag and it does not fit good, i have seen videos where people have filed down the wood stock so the mags fit better but I would rather not do that.
>>
>>28089359
http://m.ebay.com/itm/Chinese-SKS-7-62-X-39mm-Magazine-Assembly-/311497925049?nav=SEARCH
the one true sks mag
accept no substitutes
>>
>>28089447
need 30 rd removable though
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 665x235) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 665x235
Not OP, but I have an SKS question. Anybody here own an SKS-D or M, with one of these stocks? Can they be modified to accept a regular SKS? D and M models are a bit pricey here, so I want to buy another SKS, fit it to one of these, and simply feed it from a duckbill. Same end look, half the cost.
>>
>>28089491
could probably grind down the wood if necessary, seen people do it on youtube vids
>>
>>28089475
>>28089491

don't do that. trust me, it never ends well
>>
Just put it in a Tapco stock, it will work with 30 rounders.

When you realize the rifle doesn't work well when set up in a way it wasn't designed for, accept no less than $800 for your Tactical work of art. Godspeed, you retard.
>>
>>28089475
if you really need more firepower get a fixed chinese 20 rounder. still not enough dakka? go out and buy an AK, VZ or sks-m/d.
don't try to make your rifle something it will never be. the resulting rifles are almost always sad parodies of themselves.
>>
>>28089572
no u, tapco a shit
>>
>>28089620
i want this
>>
File: 1444759956297.png (269 KB, 342x328) Image search: [Google]
1444759956297.png
269 KB, 342x328
>>28089475
>>28089359

Get gud with clips or get a different gun. This is not news. If you want an SKS, good, more power too you, but they are picky as fuck with mags. You'll have a better time if you just learn to fucking use a clip.
>>
>>28089622
they're imperfect and a bit fragile compared to the stock 10 rounder but leagues better then any other aftermarket mag
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=527751018
>>
>>28089491
I had an m with that stock your going to have to remove a lot of wood and probably kiss your crossbolt goodbye......
>>
>>28089491
>Anybody here own an SKS-D or M, with one of these stocks?

Sure do, got an M.

>Can they be modified to accept a regular SKS?

No clue.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.