[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.tennessean.com/story/new s/2015/12/02/montgomery-
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: AIR_AH-64_Crash_lg.jpg (186 KB, 1024x667) Image search: [Google]
AIR_AH-64_Crash_lg.jpg
186 KB, 1024x667
http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2015/12/02/montgomery-co-officials-searching-reported-helicopter-down/76699254/

7th Apache-crash in only 1 month.

>American hardware
>Quality

pic one.
>>
thats what happens when you let 18 year old retards fresh out of high school become aviation mechanics in the military.
>>
>>28088327
For a while I wanted to join

Then I realized all the morons I hated from high school would be there, and they'd be given grenades and small arms.
>>
>>28088233
>7th Apache-crash in only 1 month.

Well if you are going to blatantly lie anon, why even create a thread?

You know you will get called out.
>>
>>28088368
The crash is one of at least three Army helicopter crashes that have occurred during training in the last month.
Four crew members died when a UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter crashed on the Fort Hood range, Army officials said early Nov. 24. Two U.S. pilots were killed Nov. 23. when a military helicopter crashed near Wonju, South Korea, during a routine training mission, the Pentagon said.

Yeah he's wrong.

Maybe 7 American-designed helis have crashed in the last month but that's probably average considering there are 300,000 of those out there.
>>
>>28088327
Can't fix stupid pilots either
https://youtu.be/fUYR-MXXLyc
>>
>>28088327
there has been no evidence of any of these recent crashes being caused by mechanical faults or FOD.

Also, aviation mechanics are required to score in the second highest bracket for GT score, 100. The only higher is Special Forces/EOD, 110. That said, if you made below a 110 then you aren't really that smart, imo.
>>
>>28088428
Did he try landing it like a fucking plane?
>>
>>28088428
Pilot wasn't showing off, he was just unprepared to execute a low pass in hi altitude low density atmosphere.

There now you don't have to read the commentz.
>>
>>28088465
No but he failed to take the effect of high altitude into consideration, if he was at sea level that maneuver would probably have worked just fine.
>>
>>28088517
>Pilot wasn't showing off
>unprepared to execute a low pass in hi altitude low density atmosphere

sometimes I both admire and fucking hate the pilot community's ability to close ranks and spew technobabble bullshit that they somehow get away with.
>>
>>28088541
>technobabble
>Easily understood by anyone with a basic understanding of physics and some common sense as to the effects of thinner air at high altitude.

Ignorance is not a reason to hate on others.
>>
File: ah64_apache_helicopter_cockpit.jpg (94 KB, 545x487) Image search: [Google]
ah64_apache_helicopter_cockpit.jpg
94 KB, 545x487
>>28088586
Agreed. There is no way for him to have known the altitude he was flying at, and helicopter pilots are never taught the effects of this

oh, wait a minute

none of that is fucking true
>>
>>28088586

Technobabble doesn't have to be hard to comprehend, anon. For example, if I said I neeed to re-align the dilithium crystal matrices to re-engage the flux capacitor and restore warp power, it's easy by context to understand "something is broken, I am fixing it, then the engine will be back online." The reason to use all those big words is to isolate oneself and to appear to have a better control over the situation than I really do.
>>
>>28088696
And how would you accurately explain the reason for this crash without using "technobabble"?
>>
>>28088696
And by:
>he was just unprepared to execute a low pass in hi altitude low density atmosphere
It is easily understood that the pilot failed to take the thinner atmosphere at high altitude into account when performing the maneuver, leading to the crash.
>>
>>28088741
Not him, but it's inarguable that the pilot fucked up. There was no reason to be pissing around doing low passes over a friendly base; especially if he couldn't remember he was flying at high altitude.
>>
>>28088696

There is literally nothing about that explanation you shouldn't understand if you graduated high school.
>>
>>28088792
Congratulations on your awful reading comprehension
>>
>>28088741
You don't understand, I'm not shitting on the usage of technical language, or at least not trying to. At the end of the day, that helicopter crashed because the pilot wanted to pull a maneuver so badly he lost his head and forgot his surroundings.

If you wish to know the full mechanical and scientific reason why an AH-64 airframe had a hard impact landing at roughly 60-70 knots with the surface near a FARP, without any mention of pilot error, you would say that a maneuver was executed: a low pass in a high altitude low density atmosphere, with the engines or lift surfaces unable to produce enough lift to execute the maneuver in a safe manner.

See how one can be construed to be insulating the pilot from any blame? It's not outright blaming the airframe, but it is basically saying "pilot was used to flying at sea level" and gives him some semblance of an alibi.
>>
>almost 2016
>still fly the apach

that's the problem
>>
>>28088327
So this has nothing to do with the helicopter?
>>
>>28088815
They're at high altitude where the atmosphere is far thinner

Helicopters don't behave the same way, regardless of what specific helicopter it is

Pilot didn't account for it, doing something that would have worked at lower altitudes.
>>
>>28088788
>>28088803
Agreed, but just saying that the crash was caused by "pilot error" is, while correct, not taking into the account just on what an epic scale the pilot fucked up.

>See how one can be construed to be insulating the pilot from any blame? It's not outright blaming the airframe, but it is basically saying "pilot was used to flying at sea level" and gives him some semblance of an alibi.

I take it the complete opposite way, if the crash was caused by atmospheric conditions that should have been understood by most high-school graduates it should surely put the pilot in a bad light.
>>
File: nightmare vision putin.png (110 KB, 234x310) Image search: [Google]
nightmare vision putin.png
110 KB, 234x310
>>28088847
>be aviation mechanic, rotary wing
>understand my job is to support the unit and make the aircraft safe to fly
>if a pilot puts in a silly write-up, such as radios not working in conditions they wouldn't work in (VHF does not work when line of site obstructed, etc.) I attempt to respectfully talk to the pilot away from others
>no problems whatsoever, lots of respect, mission gets accomplished
>new private signs off write-up with "pilot error"
>while not against the rules, I get to see the pilot mafia start up it's doomsday device
>kid gets the shit smoked out of him individually by his sergeant, staff sergeant, then platoon leader
>Warrants won't talk to him for a month
>sent to speak to not the LTC, but the full bird COL
>comes back with look of trauma

wew
>>
>>28088917
Ah, i see your point now.
>>
>>28088428
>oh gawd
fucking americunts with this stupid shit everytime something happens
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.