[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /k/ommandos, would this plan work?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: .22pipegunplans.png (41 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
.22pipegunplans.png
41 KB, 800x600
Sup /k/ommandos, would this plan work?
>>
Yes, but you'd be manufacturing an AOW
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 530x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 530x500
>>28087201
You need to pinch the rim of the cartridge, there's not a primer like normal ammo
>>
>.22lr
>firing pin in center
You do realize that .22lr are rimfire, right?

Also, >>28087211 unless you put a pistol grip and it and made it look like a traditional gun. The law basically defines an AOW as a gun that doesn't look like a gun (cane gun, pen gun, wallet gun, etc.).
>>
>>28087211
AOW?
>>
>>28087240
Any Any Other Weapon (AOW). AOWs, along with SBRs, SBSs, suppressors, and machine guns are all regulated by the NFA. It's pretty clear that you have no idea what you're doing legally, so I'll sum it up for you.

If you make what you've drawn up, it will be a felony with a penalty of 10 years in prison if you get caught with it. This can be avoided by paying a $200 tax, filing paperwork, and registering it (paperwork takes around 6 months to clear).
>>
https://www.atf.gov/firearms/firearms-guides-importation-verification-firearms-national-firearms-act-definitions-any
>>
>>28087233
>>28087239
would a copper .177 bb work better as a fireing pin if it was still in the middle for rim fire? its almost 3/4 of the size of the bullet itself
>>
>>28087296
3/4ths the size of the rim*
>>
File: 1440443485668.jpg (2 MB, 7680x4320) Image search: [Google]
1440443485668.jpg
2 MB, 7680x4320
>>28087280
>be american
>go 10 years into prison for sticking a rubber band to a pipe
>also get shot
>>
>>28087296
Look closer at my image. Primer is in the rim

So no, you need something to crush the rim to start the reaction
>>
>>28087296
for rimfire guns the firing pin needs to be somewhere on the edge since if it hit in the center it would do zilch. See >>28087233
>>
>>28087296
No. You need something on the rim to ignite the primer. Also, a rubber band isn't going to provide enough power to set off any primer.

In short, you have no idea what you're doing and your idea is fucking stupid.
>>
>>28087326
so would I have to offcenter it bit or perhaps use a washer with a bigger hole and fit like 4 bbs in a square into it? then glue it to the back where it strikes?
>>
>>28087360
Wrong thread.

Oops.
>>
>>28087343
Have you ever even held a .22lr or any rimfire for that matter?
>>
File: .22pipegunplans.png (42 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
.22pipegunplans.png
42 KB, 800x600
>>28087339
>>28087337
proof idea would work + new plan since I didn't understand the concept of rimfire and now I do
>>
>>28087382
yes
ive shot some at ranges.
>>
>>28087387
You need to hit the copper rim hard enough to make a dent into it, putting additional firing pins is doing just the opposite of that, especially when some rubber band has marginal chances at best to set it off.
>>
File: stop it faggot.png (810 KB, 892x596) Image search: [Google]
stop it faggot.png
810 KB, 892x596
>>28087387
No you fucking idiot, that's not going to work. You don't crush the entire rim. You crush one section of the rim. BBs also probably will not work for the firing pin.

And again, a rubber band is not going to deliver enough force to activate the primer. If you want to make a pipe gun, why the fuck don't you just make a slamfire shotgun?
>>
>>28087280
>ZIP GUNS ARE ILLEGAL 10 YEARS IN FEDERAL PRISON
Where do they find people like you?
>>
>>28087569
Zip guns are not illegal, but they still need to follow the laws set out by the NFA.

>slamfire shotgun with barrel shorter than 18"
You've just made a SBS.
>slamefire shotgun with barrel longer than 18"
Congrats, you've just made a legal shotgun.

>slamfire .22lr that doesn't look like a normal gun and has a length of less than 26"
You've just created an Any Other Weapon. It's the same category that pen guns, cane guns, and wallet guns fall into. If he were to put a pistol grip on it and make it look like a regular gun, then it'd be legal.

>slamfire .22lr with an overall length of 26" or more
You've just created a firearm, which is 100% legal without a stamp. It's why you can put a VFG on a 26"+ AR "pistol" and have it be legal, but putting a VFG on a pistol with an OAL of less than 26" reclassifies it as an AOW.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.