[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Military Life?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 18
File: DressBlues_photo07_web1.jpg (166 KB, 379x568) Image search: [Google]
DressBlues_photo07_web1.jpg
166 KB, 379x568
I come from a family of veterans and they all warn me not to join the U.S. military. Both of my parents were U.S. Army officers and one of my grandfathers fought in the Korean war. I also have current family members in the Marines, Army and Navy. Growing up in the environment has given me a sense of pride for my parent's accomplishments. A sense of pride that I don't think I could find anywhere else. As I go about my university degree and start a career, I feel as though I could never match what my parents have done. It's always been a dream of mine to join the U.S. Marines. To earn the right to wear the uniform and have the title of United States Marine. But those who have been there seem disillusioned. Is it all propaganda? Will I just end up being miserable? Will I just be disappointed that my childhood dream was nothing like I thought it would be? I'm really conflicted.
>>
>>28084091
go fuck yourself
>>
>>28084091
The military is not that bad. All my life people have told me "the infantry sucks don't join, you'll just have a shitty time" guess what I love every second of it. Truth be told people complain about it way too much. You may be more inclined to join the Military because of your parents but that still doesn't change that you are willing to join. Just do it and don't look back mate. Just join and make yourself proud.
-Anon
>>
File: smedley butler2.jpg (57 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
smedley butler2.jpg
57 KB, 600x500
>>28084091
Why don't you ask some one with more experience?
>>
Consider this.

Everyone in the military wanted to be in the military. After being in the military, everyone minus a few retards like the one above, all hate it.

The adjustment form civilian to military is actually pretty dramatic. Not mentally, just the world around you flips upside down.

>Common sense goes out the window
>People aren't accountable for their actions
>All the wrong people get promoted for the wrong reasons ahead of everyone else
>No one values your personal time
>Significantly less freedom than what you used to have
>Your NCOs and Officers have to hold your hand through everything and treat you like a child
>career growth is less than it is in the civilian world
>also less pay
The complaints go on. You'll change, as you develop into a soldier/marine/sailor or what have you. But the most pronounced change is the world around you and the culture you live in.

The military is not a job, its not a career, its a service, and carrying a good demeanor and discipline is not wanted from you, its expected from you. Your entire lifestyle and its choices are all influenced by the military. I've been on my soap box for too long already.

Most of the people who say the Military is an excellent job either picked a cushy job choice, got stuck in a good unit, or suffer from stockholm syndrome. Most of your battlebuddies will be 17 year olds who just got done sucking their mom's tits and joined the military the next day. These are not the people you want to listen to for "life advice" since they were never an adult.

IDK. take it as you will, I'll answer any questions you got about my experience.

-19k, Abrams Crewman.
>>
>>28084091
>To earn the right to wear the uniform and have the title of United States Marine. But those who have been there seem disillusioned. Is it all propaganda?
>You already have the right. It is all propaganda.

Will I just end up being miserable?
>If you're a normal human, yes.

Will I just be disappointed that my childhood dream was nothing like I thought it would be?
>Just like everything else in reality.

I'm really conflicted.
>that's good.

Think about it, then once you come to realize the shit show it really is, you'll move on to better things and live a better life.
>>
>>28084091

If you're skeptical be a pog. I was a grunt and we give pogs shit mostly because there jobs usually aren't that taxing.

Is Mom and Dad gonna pay for your college? It's literally the only reason I joined.

Figured if I was gonna go into the military for college why not get some.

Signed up muhreen infantry contract, was 0311. Did it suck? You bet. Do I regret it, no.

The main problem is they own your ass. You will go where they say and do what you're told. Pog life ain't bad, what's your academics/asvab score?

If you don't know walk into recruiters office and ask them to give you a mock asvab. It'll give you an idea what jobs your eligible for.

>inb4 grunts are dumb

High scores, testerone young man that wanted to see action. This board is mostly younger guys, I think you could understand why. Unless you're super beta.
>>
File: smedley butler.jpg (98 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
smedley butler.jpg
98 KB, 640x360
If you like shooting and PT the military is fun. To bad you basically are a slave for a few psychopaths in power that are willing to murder millions of people just to increase the value of a business where they own some stocks.

And nothing of it has been even remotely justified the last 60+ years.

So if you are willing to take orders from retarded psychopaths while you might be forced in to a situation where you are forced to kill other people to survive then go ahead, go for it.
>>
>>28084303
>>28084337
>>28084344
What a grim world we live in. I mean what everyone says falls in line. The gung ho wears off and you see what's really going on.

>>28084366
My parent's GI bill pays for all of my university. I literally don't have to work. I just felt as if I owed something back.
>>
File: militaryindustrialcomplex,.jpg (112 KB, 720x600) Image search: [Google]
militaryindustrialcomplex,.jpg
112 KB, 720x600
>>28084366
>If you're skeptical be a pog.
Then what the fuck is the point? You do the same shit as any civilian but with less pay. The only difference is that you are a little cog in a huge organization that has maimed, killed and displaced millions of people that last decade.
And you don't even get to shoot any of them.

Basically all the negative karma of being apart of it while getting none of the experience related to it.

Why?
>>
If it makes and difference, I'm currently living in Canada. Oddly enough, I'm not nearly as enthusiastic about joining the Canadians as I am about joining the Americans. I've well aware of the history of both sides, but as they stand today, it doesn't look good. Perhaps it's because there's less brainwashing here.
>>
>>28084366
>Is Mom and Dad gonna pay for your college? It's literally the only reason I joined.

I am joining next year and for that very reason and because I have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
>>
>>28084091

My grandfather, who served in the USAAF/USAF and USN and went to college on the GI Bill, had the same opposition to me having any part of the military. He joined underage to escape extreme poverty, and pretty much said, "I served so my descendants won't have to."

Now that I've had years to think about it, his attitude makes a little more sense than it did initially. His immigrant parents were ethnic Poles from the former German Empire (Gdansk/Danzig region), and to them the concept of voluntary service to the government was likely an alien one. To this day, my gramps remains a government-hating paleoconservative.
>>
File: agent orange victims.jpg (37 KB, 492x357) Image search: [Google]
agent orange victims.jpg
37 KB, 492x357
>>28084414
Your gramps seems pretty based.
>>
>>28084414
My parents joined for the same reason. To leave abject poverty. They've come so far. Far enough for me to have an incredibly cushioned life. It never felt fair to me, but I guess that's just how things work out. Man, I don't know.
>>
>>28084384

Because we all get the GI Bill.

Like I said in my post, why I joined.

I see what you're saying, its how I thought at your age so I did it.

If you want to put your dick in the dirt for 4 years go grunt, 0311 like I did or army 11x series.

But yeah I dunno, depends what you want in life. Adventure: yeah. excitement: not really, maybe after a firefight.

The right to brag to teenagers on the Internet while I drink myself to death and question life decisions: Abso-fucking-lutley.

I'm just memeing. You gotta want it. No, you gotta let me tell you not to do it, and you tell me "fuck you, I'm gonna do it anyway".
>>
>>28084091
Honestly I was never in the military so I can't tell you how it is, but I can say that most people I've met who were in the military were really messed up with PTSD, paranoia, anxiety and a lot of nervous ticks.

I think the only seemingly normal people that I've met was an Airforce couple, the husband is in a rank were he is in a cushy and comfortable job in Hawaii and the wife retired and is now working for Colbert's new show (which she got thanks to a veterans program).

Your parents are warning you for a reason, ask them why they don't want you to join, ask your family members about their experiences, talk to people who have been or are in the military who aren't recruiters.
>>
>>28084091
All propaganda

The worse outcome to getting IED'd in service to israel is to be a fobbit/pog for majority of your service
>>
File: mechinflife.jpg (138 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
mechinflife.jpg
138 KB, 960x540
Not american but i did spend 4 years in the military.

First i was like fuck yeah . If there is a war i can defend muh country from the slavbos. Nothing wrong with that right?

Then i realized our military has basically changed from defending the motherland to policing third world countries like Afghanistan.
And i was like ''Well at least i am not an american, the US might have invaded Iraq and killed 1+ million people under false pretense but the talibans are dicks so that is ok''

Then my country went to Libya and enforced some bullshit no fly zone and then the frogs started bombing (even thought they had no mandate to) and the officers where like ''hurr durr gaddafi evul dictator muh liberty'' and i was like ''dis nigga serious?''

And after that my country has been moving closer and closer to NATO and if there ever is a war they will be allowed to operate on our soil and our troops will basically be under their command.

And then i got the fuck out. Fuck this shit, i am not going to fight for NATO. If you still can't see the bullshit even after the shit they did in Libya and Syria you are just blind.

>inb4 muh evul assad/gaddafi
>inb4 muh barrel bombs
>Inb4 muuh chemical weapons

TL;DR
If you enjoy being a pawn to big bankers then go ahead, join.
>>
>>28084444
Quads no lie.
-Moon Man
>>
>>28084091
never been, but from all the people I've known tell me, it's about the mindset and what you're expecting and not expecting going in. I mean, that's sort of true in near every aspect of life, no? You go into doing something with a realistic expectation but a higher mindset, things usually doesn't fuck you in the ass as hard as a result.
>>
>>28084366
I thing this board has more older folks than you'd think.
Probably one of the oldest demographics on the ol' Chan.

>Mostly because shooting/guns are expensive, and kids don't have money.
>>
>>28084091
This thread has probably been made over a thousand times by now

This is the way I look at it:
Slight chance case - I love it and continue on to special forces and eventually see combat
Most probable case - I enjoy parts and hate others, I eventually get sick of it but now have a bit of money and a decent resume for a job in an intelligence agency
Slight chance case - I get injured and get to spend the rest of my life on a disability pension, playing video games until I kill myself

I think the most important thing is knowing what to expect. You shouldn't expect to become some super soldier going out and shooting bad guys, you'll probably spend years of your life doing menial tasks and labour jobs on a strict schedule while getting bossed around by people you don't like.

Sound fun?
>>
>>28084378
Fuck that man. You got set. Take it and run with it. Sounds like that's what your folks would want.
>>
>>28084541

Oh I know. I'm one of the olderfags.

But as you know a lot of the youths come here for military advice. I'd guess 17-21 average age.

Sometimes I come and offer advice because I'm telling the chitlins info I wish I had before I joined.

This board is probably the most adult board on the Chan I agree. Our hobby isn't a very cheap one.

Only board I visit unless I want to argue about fast food on /ck/.
>>
>>28084091
Listen, kid. They're right. The military isn't what I used to be.

I'll give it to you straight, as someone who didn't go in because I've watched literally all of my family go in and be miserable. My dad was in, in the first days of OP Desert STORM, and through 2012 in the AF. A good family friend of ours was in the same time in the Marines. He was the 3rd Marine to touch foot in Fallujah, and he got out at the first chance he got. A friend of mine went into the Army as an IO, and he hates it so much.

Back then, it was about Pride, Accomplishment, freeing the shit out of some 3rd world shit hole, or people, that needed help. Now, its all about the oil, or what some big wig "thinks" is important, but really will benefit him and his friends later on, or in the short run.

The Military isn't what it used to be. Its all Political now. Now sense of Pride, no joy in fighting. You can thank the Liberals for that one. It really has become the beckoning call for Politicians.

>tl;dr dont do it, kid.
>>
>>28084717
Heck, I just watch these threads because I like the shit-show.

The kids add good color, though, when it's not an edgefest.

Good balance we got here.

>Shit, I feel like I should be whittling or something, haha.
>>
>>28084747
I like the attitude of night /k/

Very laid back and not so spergtastic.
>>
>>28084337
>>28084746
Pretty much all I was trying to say give or take some, is in this post.
>>
>>28084754
That's because the kiddies go to bed, and all the use full tripfags, me mot included, come out to help.
>>
All you will become is a peon for Jewmerica.
You can cover your eyes with military pride, but in the end you will just be a tool for the jews.

Btw tell your grandfather the germans are at it again.
>>
File: terry-crews-590.jpg (47 KB, 590x332) Image search: [Google]
terry-crews-590.jpg
47 KB, 590x332
>>28084746

>kid
>didn't join
>giving advice

Shut the fuck up numb nuts.

>someone who didn't go in

You need to get in the passenger seat.

Yeah, they came in here to listen to no serves..
>>
File: merica.jpg (1 MB, 1505x2420) Image search: [Google]
merica.jpg
1 MB, 1505x2420
This is what you fight for, captain america
>>
File: remove merchant.jpg (157 KB, 1171x882) Image search: [Google]
remove merchant.jpg
157 KB, 1171x882
>>28084773
OP
>>I am thinking about eating shit, should i do it?
People in the thread
>don't do it kid, it taste like shit.
You
>kid
>Don't eat shit
>Giving advice

>Yeah, they came in here to listen to non shit eaters.
>>
File: 1432866863995.jpg (130 KB, 383x472) Image search: [Google]
1432866863995.jpg
130 KB, 383x472
>>28084806

Drunk, or stupid?

I'm guessing the latter.

Hell I'm drunk as fux and I can't make sense of that garbage.

My daughters shit filled diapers are more pleasant to look at then your posts.

Last word is all you champ. Off to bed.
>>
File: retarded.gif (518 KB, 350x200) Image search: [Google]
retarded.gif
518 KB, 350x200
>>28084819
>>
>>28084091
MEG, faggot.
>>
This threads filled with autists.
>>
>>28084424
>Far enough for me to have an incredibly cushioned life.

>They did it so I will have the choice thet didn't have
>But when they talk to me they imply that I don't really have a choice because I must choose somethinf different than them

And that's a risk, in a sense:
You feel you have the duty to do what you're told because they struggled more than you in the past... but this perceived difference will be your ruin because everything you do will be tainted by this hidden anxiety (I'll never be as good as they are just because I did not suffer as they did). For fucks sake anon get out of this psychological death trap asap.
But what is the point of doing something "so that my son will be free to choose because I wasn't"... and then tell you what to do and what not to do? Nonsense. They fought to give you an option, not to decide what's yours to do.
>>
>>28084524
>Fight slavs
>Involved in Lybia
>Friendly with NATO
Turkish?
>>
>>28084541
Adult checkin in.

Sometimes I think it should be older people rather than younger ones who join the army... because the older you are the better you are able to cope with shit and you know what it means "to serve".

So, theoretically speaking, the most committed and experienced soldiers would be 30-40 y.o.

But younger people are more easily manipulated, so you can see why current plutocrats love to have a young and fresh fighting force.
>>
>>28084746
>Back then, it was about Pride, Accomplishment, freeing the shit out of some 3rd world shit hole, or people, that needed help. Now, its all about the oil, or what some big wig "thinks" is important, but really will benefit him and his friends later on, or in the short run.

It's always been about that, man. It's just that now there is less ignorance about motives.
Don't tell me WW2 was just about national pride. That's just what they told us.
>>
>>28084524
>the officers where like ''hurr durr gaddafi evul dictator muh liberty'' and i was like ''dis nigga serious?''
Except that's EXACTLY what was going on.

The crazy jihadis didn't sweep in and take over until after all that happened. And all that happened because Gaddafi started bombing civilians.

>barrel bombs
Oh you're one of those fucking idiots, who thinks tipping a 50 gallon oil drum filled with explosives and shrapnel, with some fins crudely welded on, is the same as an unguided bomb. When your accuracy is so bad that you can't target anything smaller than a city block, the only reason you're dropping them is to fuck with civies, not the insurgents who might be hiding among them.

No wonder you were only a fucking grunt.
>>
>>28084746
>You can thank the Liberals for that one.
Yeah, it's the liberals who are always looking to line their pockets at the expense of a soldier's blood.

I suppose Haliburton is just liberals from top to bottom, huh?
>>
All depends on you chain of command and the job you picked. Varies greatly.

Don't join for reasons related to pride though. Don't think that you need to live up to some other person's expectations or example, an example that you yourself have skewed with glory goggles.

You should join for reasons that are your own.

You DEFINITELY can match, and then exceed, your parent's military accomplishments civilian side. Most soldiers are idiot kids that don't accomplish much during their 4-years-and-out enlistment. Those who stay in limit their accomplishments to administrative work that just keeps the army going--training and HR type shit.

You can make a huge difference in the civilian world. You can also do this in the military. It depends on the opportunities that you find and subsequently seize, and where those take you.
>>
>>28084278

Found the recruiter.
>>
>>28084091
I had the same experience.

My Father (May he rest in Peace) was a Lieutenant Col. who served in Korea and Vietnam in the Army. He was a Mustang. He told me all the time to not join the military. And if I did to only go in as an officer. I don't regret my decision to not join. To see what Obama has done to this Nation's military it is very sad. I will never serve and kill an enemy in battle but there are many wounded veterans I can help so I focus on that.
>>
>>28084091
It's fine
People like bitching
Ex-squaddies here in the UK tend to speak kindly of their time in the army
Embrace the suck
>>
>>28085074
>Except that's EXACTLY what was going on.
ahhahahahahahhahahahaahahhaha

Mainstream media much? This was the quality of western media when they reported on the ''arab spring''
Top kek

>Oh you're one of those fucking idiots, who thinks tipping a 50 gallon oil drum filled with explosives and shrapnel, with some fins crudely welded on, is the same as an unguided bomb. When your accuracy is so bad that you can't target anything smaller than a city block, the only reason you're dropping them is to fuck with civies, not the insurgents who might be hiding among them.

>kill, maim and displace 1+ million brown people in the last decade
>Claims to have the moral high ground because of smart bombs
LOL

Some of you fucking burgers are so fucking retarded is unbelievable.

>No wonder you were only a fucking grunt.
Ad hominem much?
>>
File: fake protest.jpg (119 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
fake protest.jpg
119 KB, 720x720
>>28085245
>muh arab spring
>muh civil uprising
>>
File: syrian rebels.jpg (111 KB, 486x480) Image search: [Google]
syrian rebels.jpg
111 KB, 486x480
>>28085082
>Yeah, it's the liberals who are always looking to line their pockets at the expense of a soldier's blood.
Different sides of the same coin.

>>28085074
>muh civilians
>muh peoples uprising
>muuh assad fighting his own people
Fuck of retard
>>
>>28084091
read terminal lance
>>
>>28084091
>Sunglasses while marching
Sgt pls
>>
>>28084368
>To bad you basically are a slave for a few psychopaths in power that are willing to murder millions of people
>mfw there are people that actually believe the US just missed and accidentally bombed 1-2 million of the wrong people
>>
>>28084091
Yeah it's propaganda. I crew up wanting nothing but to serve. Once I was done with training and the sense of accomplishment was gone, it just didn't mean anything. It's all politicized bullshit just like you would find inside of any other huge corporation. The military is 100% about the image they portray to outsiders. Just think for a second about our rules of engagement and objectives we set for ourself in modern conflict. Or the new policies regarding homosexuals, transgenders and females (I personally have nothing against them just saying). It's all about image and tricking guys like us into a contract you're stuck with. If the commercials, movies, recruiters etc were honest, I'm not sure we'd be able to actually maintain a standing army without still using conscription. So I say listen to your family, you have an education and future don't throw it away for some bullshit dude.
>>
>>28084269
>>28084269
>>28084269
mad bourgeoisie
>>
>>28084278
recruiter alert
>>
>>28084703
This. If they're discouraging you, it's cause they've worked all their life to get you to this point.

Don't fuck it up
>>
>>28084392
lol keep telling yourself that there's "less brainwashing" there, Canadians have not a fraction of the US population; so sorry to see your perception in your situation
>>
>>28085254
got anymore new age pro authoritarian propaganda mate?
>>
>>28086789
the military is where the progressive politicians can just order some cultural marxist agenda done.

gays, trannies, females today
70 years ago it was the blacks being integrated.
>>
with the way you fags talk about joining the military you make me feel like I shouldn't try to join as if it were just a higher paying job with some sweet benefits at the end
>>
File: 1264627130576.jpg (581 KB, 2400x1600) Image search: [Google]
1264627130576.jpg
581 KB, 2400x1600
meh, I've loved my time in so far, but truth be told, I probably have the best job in the Marine Corps. Actually, I know I do.

YMMV, slogging it out in a grunt unit as a boot PFC or Lance is a world of difference.

Marine O-2 here if you have any further questions.
>>
>>28087797
>hurr durr, there's less people in Canada
He means proportionately, you fucking mong.

Also, Canada has 1/10th of the population of the US, which I'm pretty sure IS a fraction.

>>28084392
>but as they stand today, it doesn't look good
Then you've probably been listening to Americans too much. The average Canadian soldier is more competent and better trained than the average American. They'd send out platoons of Canadians in Khandahar, to handle jobs that entire companies of Americans would be tasked with. And then there's the general respect that Canadians get.

Or the one with the most cool toys? Since that's really all the US had ahead of other Western nations, aside from numbers. Everyone has been fighting in the desert for the last 15 years.
>>
>>28085251
1. quality is bad in Al Jizzer picture
2. night time so decoration won't show
3. it's a fake palm tree, they put it away so no one will steal it at night
>>
>>28084278
Boot, pog, or recruiter.
>>
People are really over doing the brainwashing stuff. I been back for a few months the closets to brain washing is like I don't use my first name anymore. Just weird to hear it only people that tend to call me by it is a few family members for the most part. That's not even that weird probably pretty normal in most places to just go by your last name I actually somewhat prefer it.
>>
>>28084303
I've read a biography of Smedley Butler's military career for a military history class back in college. He was a piece of shit politician's baby that fucked around and bitched to his daddy when things didn't go his way. Anyone who takes his opinion seriously is ignorant as fuck.
>>
File: SmedleyButler.jpeg.jpg (263 KB, 1280x1600) Image search: [Google]
SmedleyButler.jpeg.jpg
263 KB, 1280x1600
>>28092101

>disrespectful to my Smedley

For shame. Maybe the guys personal life he was a shithead, his military career was very respectful.

2 time recipient of the MOH.

Anyway his biggest contribution to Murrica was denying to take part in a coup on Washington by the Illuminati.

I'm not a robot.
>>
>>28092409

Forgot link

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_Plot
>>
>>28084378
>The military is not that bad. All my life people have told me "the infantry sucks don't join, you'll just have a shitty time" guess what I love every second of it. Truth be told people complain about it way too much. You may be more inclined to join the Military because of your parents but that still doesn't change that you are willing to join. Just do it and don't look back mate. Just join and make yourself proud.

If you really have your mind set on it, do it. You will regret not putting on that uniform for the rest of your days.
>>
>>28084091
Your question is too broad. The military is a gigantic fucking "industry."

It's like asking if a job in sales is good. Can be, can also be fucking terrible. If you are okay with a very regimented lifestyle and find an MOS you enjoy, it can be pretty fucking fulfilling. It's still a job, it's definitely not a movie, video game or recruitment ad. I did 4 years and out as an NCO. Got a couple degrees in 4 years. Commissioned in a different branch. Served another 4 active, moved to private sector while doing 4 reserve. No longer reserve duty and am out with a very comfortable living still working in the private sector.

I didn't love a lot about military life, but I got a lot out of it.
>>
>>28084337
Spot on bout everything tbqh family.
>>
File: 20151009_201218-1.jpg (1 MB, 1251x1524) Image search: [Google]
20151009_201218-1.jpg
1 MB, 1251x1524
Navy makes you do bitch work, but then again so does every other branch.
>>
>>28093989
Contreras! Take a selfie!
>>
>>28084278
>loved every second of it

Want to know how I know you're full of shit?
>>
>>28084366
Mom and dad aren't paying for college. Won't even co-sign on my student loan. So I either get academic scholarship, which I won't because I'm an A-/B+ student; get the ROTC scholarship, which is super competitive and the deadline is approaching at warp speed; go to community college and transfer to uni after one or two years; or enlist and use GI benefits.

It's looking like community college or enlistment for me. I'm fine with either, and the military does an excellent job of making service an attractive deal for a kid like me. But I wanna know from any vets here- was military life at least an enriching experience?? Did you learn any valuable skills that you think set you a notch above civilians? This will be the selling point for me. I lack discipline/management skills (I.e. your average 18 y/o) and hope that it'll get hammered into me if I join up. And at any rate, the army's cyber branch seems like it'd give you valuable skills transferable into civilian life. Anyways I just want to know- was it worth it?

Please help
>>
>>28095008

>And at any rate, the army's cyber branch seems like it'd give you valuable skills transferable into civilian life. Anyways I just want to know- was it worth it?

I was a 0311 son. Why are you directing your Army questions towards me?

Especially pog questions. Catalog/search/meg

>Did you learn any valuable skills that you think set you a notch above civilians?

I can operationally operate operations.

Did that land me a great job? Actually yes.
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.