[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Beginner's range thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
Sup /k/, I live in a somewhat noguns country and finally went shooting for the first time.

Went with 20 .380 rounds, 20 .45 acp (fired from a colt 1911, much to my joy) and five from that lovely 12 gauge on pic related.

I loved the colt most of all and now I'm thinking of joining a firing range to be able to get a license to buy my own guns. What would you recommend for a beginner?

Bonus question: why are hawaiian shirts the best shirts for shooting?
>>
How tall are you?
>>
Do you even lift? Like i mean anything.
>>
>>28083826
4.11 feet in your backwards measuring system
>>
>>28083837 shut up, you're not me

>>28083826
5.48 feet. I'm small already and the guy who took the pic was way taller than me, so
>>28083831
Nope. I mean, maybe wrenches when working on my car. Those don't weigh much though (I still don't know how I managed to hip fire a 12 gauge being this thin)
>>
>>28083816
>>28083858
Little bit of free advice...dont wear baggy shirts that go down past your butt like that, they make you look shorter
>>
Get a .22 to start. Eat some meat.
>>
>>28083921
I'll keep that in mind mate, thanks. Although the angle of the pic does make it seem longer than it is.

Anyway, I seem to have made the common mistake of posting a pic more interesting than the subject of my thread. So here's a pic of that 1911 to even things out. What's up with the lack of rear sights? Made aiming a bitch
>>
>>28083971

well, to be fair, the viewing angle of any normal height person will cause them to have the same perception.
>>
File: 1436667620533.png (54 KB, 619x444) Image search: [Google]
1436667620533.png
54 KB, 619x444
>>28083971
>Lack of rear sights
It's not supposed to be like that, actually. Is that a range rental or your friends' gun?
>>
>>28083971
>What's up with the lack of rear sights?
what the fuck is wrong with that gun? It's supposed to have a rear sight.
>>
>>28084006
Range rental, my friend is noguns as well (he's on the process of getting a permit though)
>>28084002
...touché.
>>28084014
Good, so I'm not crazy for finding that really fucking weird. Really old model maybe? I couldn't identify the decade it's from, desu
>>
>>28084026
...I wasn't aware that the to be honest abbreviation filtered to desu
>>
>>28084039
come to america desu and we'll show you some shit desu
>>
File: colt+1911[1].jpg (110 KB, 1022x641) Image search: [Google]
colt+1911[1].jpg
110 KB, 1022x641
>>28084026
nope, that shit's just fucked. even the first 1911 made had rear sights.
>>
>>28084026
Yeah...I don't know what country you're from but that gun range is seriously slackin it if some of their guns dont even have rear sights
>>
>>28084053
probably had them ground down to remove to possibility of aiming and killing someone
>>
>>28084053
Well, what the fuck then. I'll ask the next time I go there shooting
>>28084057
Mate. Our military has enough ammo for about one hour of war. That gun range is heaven compared to that. Plus someone in the department of defense thought it'd be a just fine idea to buy a submachinegun project from HK and convert it to use .40 instead of 9mm. Because... actually I don't know, it has no pros whatsoever
>>
You look like a nice guy, I'm glad you had fun.
>>
Glad you had fun OP, come to Ameriga and go to knob creek
>>
>>28083816
Tip

Point that fucking thing down range
>>
>>28084084
probably the massive amount of unbought .40 for when the US switches away from it due to FBI dropping it for the 9.
>>
You look way to fucking happy in that pic, anon. Like, WAY too happy...
>>
>>28084463
oh whatever, he's pointing it up and his finger is off the trigger. On the offchance it's loaded, then yea, I'd cringe. But I'm just gonna go out on a limb since this is just a photo and no context is given at all, I'll just say it's unloaded at the time of the picture.

Also, depending on range, how else are you going to carry a rental into the booth? Pointed down range at all times?
>>
>>28084523
well, the guy said he was from a somewhat nofun country.
He probably played all the videogames, watched all those gun videoes and movies, and read about guns.

Then, after so many years, you are led into an enclosed space. Seperated by mandatory rules and 2 doors you must open one at a time.
You step into that space. The first thing you experience is the sound. Although nestled under thick muffs, you still FEEL the small air pressure from each blast, and that feeling gets stronger as you walk by a booth with a guy shooting. The flying of brass and flashes adds a bit to the visual excitement. Depending on range quality, you either get hit in the nose with heavy gunpowder or a light sensation of it.

Then you finally hold that sonvabitch in your hands. The same thing you probably shot a million times in video games. Your hands are probably a bit clamy. You depress that trigger and you FEEL the change of air pressure and recoil, HEAR the crackle of the round going off, SEE the flash before probably blinkingly flinch, SMELL the gunpowder, and that shit eating grin or laugh will let you TASTE a bit of it as well.

So yea, I'm not surprised he's happy as fuck.
>>
>>28084588
Anon must make thread describing things.
Need some more A grade fap material.
>>
>>28084523
Imagine how happy you were the first time you racked a 12 gauge.

I'm sure your expression wasn't much different.
>>
>>28083816
hell yeah, any day at the range is a good day. what kind of guns are legal in your country? are teh ones you shot allowed for private ownership? are you limited to only indoor ranges? if so i would just get a handgun. if you have access to longer distance ranges i would get a rifle
>>
>>28084084
>Our military has enough ammo for about one hour of war
Hue?
>>
>>28083816
How was the recoil on the colt for you?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.