[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to break down My ar15 but it won't separate. I popped
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 2015-12-03 22.01.36.jpg (3 MB, 1590x2829) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-03 22.01.36.jpg
3 MB, 1590x2829
I want to break down My ar15 but it won't separate. I popped out the lower pin and it should open and pivot at the front pin. But it doesnt budge, and I don't want to force it.

It's a brand new OMNI Ar15.
I want to clean it before I fire it.

What do?
>>
>>28081236
Rack the bolt and try again
>>
>>28081250
I racked it a few times. Could it be the buffer tube?
>>
>>28081250

This. Did you dry fire it?
>>
>>28081236
Push down on it.
It ain't gonna fucking break, if it does send that pos back.
>>
>>28081275
I did. It didn't make a difference.

Is it just because it's new?

Will firing it loosen it up or make it worse?
>>
>>28081278
Well its technically pulling up. The pin is all the way out, but something is stopping the upper from pivoting up.
>>
I'm a complete Newfag when it comes to ARs.
>>
>>28081320
If you have the rear takedown pin pushed out, why would you pull it up?
Grab the barrel with your hand now grab the pistol grip, pull the pistol grip down.
Or do the same just put the stock under your shoulder and push barrel down.
>>
>>28081236
>Omni AR15

Throw it in the garbage or sell it to some hapless panic buyer for 2x what you spent on it. Garbage guns are garbage.
>>
takedown pin might not be all the way out of the way. make sure it's pulled out fully.
>>
Make sure your rear take down pin is all the way out as other anons have pointed out. Check your delta ring or hand guards for obstruction with the lower. Try dry firing it first. Only thing I can think is something is obstructing the lower receiver by the front take down pin or your BCG is clipping the buffer tube.
>>
>>28081236
if pic related is your current situation the pin isnt all the way out. it wont come off completely but it should be out as much as it will go. make sure your blots forward. idk what else to say other than read your manual and stop asking stupid questions
>>
Push on the takedown pins while racking it.
>>
>>28081236
makesure the bolt is in the forward position and the pin is all the way out
>>
you inserted the retaining pin before the firing pin was fully seated, leaving your firing pin unsecure. It sloshed around and got wedged in thar?

Had a guy in AIT do that shit to his M16.
>>
You make sure the bolt was close when you tried to do this?
>>
>>28081236
Might sound stupid, but is your bolt locked back?
Bolt has to be fully forward. If it isn't, it bridges the gap between upper and buffer tube, blocking the upper from hinging on the forward pin.
>>
>>28081236
Try taking your front pin out too. The two halves just separate completely after that.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.