[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that SKS's and AK's have respectively gone $400
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: hi point 995ts 4x.jpg (118 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
hi point 995ts 4x.jpg
118 KB, 640x480
Now that SKS's and AK's have respectively gone $400 a piece and $550 a piece at least, on standard market value (ignoring occasional steals), what is the new cheap, semi-auto combat rifle (not shotguns; I know AR-12's go for under $400)? .22lr rifles and pistol-caliber carbines are all cheap, without a doubt, but they're certainly not viable for filling the void left by SKS's and AK's.
>>
>>28068828
what the fuck is a ar12
>>
>>28068876
there are a couple of semiauto shotguns that look like ARs
>>
>>28068876
Basically >>28068910

Semi auto shotgun that looks like an AR-15, that Classic sells for about $350 pre-shipping. Really fucking good deal if you don't live in a ban state.
>>
>>28068828
>cheap
>semiauto
>centerfire
>in 2015
Pick 3

Here's the thing: If it's cheap and cost effective for you, it's cheap and cost effective for everyone else who is looking for EXACTLY THE SAME THING. Sorry anon, the days of cheap SKS went on life support in the late 90s and died about 10 years ago.

There's a reason we say "grab SKS, go innawoods." The SKS was a cheap gas-operated semiautomatic rifle with a fairly large aftermarket. Now a quality SKS will run you a new AR.

So, yes, you're pretty much looking at the hipoint 995. You can dress it up like a Cx4 if you want, but you're not getting much for under $400 in 2015. Everyone wants what you want, anon - you're not special, you don't have special interests.
>>
>>28068828
I say just go shotgun man. Very cheap, very common, and versatile.
>>
>>28069452
I have one, was just wondering.
>>
>>28068828
Mossberg or Remington, take your pick
>>
You can build a bottom-tier AR for $400 that will still be plenty better than a Hi-Point Carbine.

Dude, ammo and various kit will run you far more money in the long run than the gun, but the gun is the easiest way to make shooting less fun than it would otherwise be if it has problems. If you can afford $250 you can wait a little longer and afford $400-500.
>>
>>28068828
I picked up a used SKS at a Dicks locally for 399 this weekend. just gotta shop around
>>
>>28069345
They're still $150 in Canadia.
>>
File: screams_geometrically.jpg (50 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
screams_geometrically.jpg
50 KB, 500x375
>>28073037
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.