[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SKS variants
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: SKSssssss.jpg (141 KB, 500x299) Image search: [Google]
SKSssssss.jpg
141 KB, 500x299
In your opinion what is the best SKS variant?

Never owned one, there is a great deal near me on a yugo SKS, never issued, comes with lots of extras for $400

I've heard the yugo ones are pretty low on the SKS totem pole. Is that because of how common they are or are they just shitty?
>>
>>28063771
they're not as desirable as russian ones in terms of collecting. otherwise the yugos are good to go as far as i know
>>
I'm not an expert but the main reason Yugo's aren't as popular is because they don't have chrome lined bores. Only a problem if you're shooting a lot of corrosive ammo.
>>
>>28063771
bump
>>
norincos are the best for the price, russians are the best overall

yugos have the dumb grenade launcher and no chromed barrel so corrosive ammo will fuck it up
>>
i got a norinco, can confirm the chromed barrel
>>
Does anyone have any experience with the JG Sales surplus? http://www.jgsales.com/chinese-sks-type-56-semi-auto-rifle,-7.62x39,-military-surplus-issue-with-bayonet,-c-r.-used.-p-58288.html

I've heard that the Type 56s are pretty good, but not as good as a Russian, but I'm not too sure about these, especially since I don't get a look at the rifle prior to buying (obviously).
>>
>>28065659
just buy it from a gun store, never trust the internet
>>
File: SKSsidefront.jpg (469 KB, 2252x925) Image search: [Google]
SKSsidefront.jpg
469 KB, 2252x925
>>28065659

I've heard decent things about ordering from them. The type 56s tend to be beat to shit cosmetically though. There's always a chance with ordering online that you'll get something in really bad shape so I'd do what >>28065682 said or go to a gun show. Armslist is an option too.

Pic related, my 1953 Tula
>>
>>28063858

mosins dont have chrome barrels and most people shoot corrosive ammo through them, so shouldnt it be a non issue with a non chrome SKS?
>>
>>28065682

Yeah, I would prefer to, but I'm been looking around for a couple of months now with no luck, except for one which was going for $750 because the owner is an asshole.
>>
fn model 1949
>>
>>28065734

http://www.southernohiogun.com/longguns/sks-rifles
>>
>>28065762

Thanks for the link, but unfortunately, I live in CA, which certainly adds to my problems. CA means no Yugos because of the rifle grenade attachment and probably adds a premium on top, as well. Plus, some places (like that site) won't ship even CA-legal stuff here.

>>28065712
Yeah, I figured the stocks wouldn't be in great condition, though I was hoping the "hand-select" shit would at least save me from getting a completely fucked one. I figure they just take the best looking one out of a crate or two.

Gun show is an option, though the nearest one to me isn't happening for a month.
>>
>>28063771
Best variant ever produced: east german

Best variant available: russian

Best variant for the price: tie between yugo and type 56
>>
>>28065659
They are definitely project guns when it come to the wood on those. Other than that they function well and most reports say the bore on those tend to be good. Personally i love the crap out of my type 56, i find that it's more enjoyable to shoot than my amd 65
>>
>>28065725
It's not an issue, people just like to bitch since it's a couple extra steps to clean in the rare occasions somebody even finds and shoots corrosive surplus ammo.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.