[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
European gun laws
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 17
File: european-union.png (26 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
european-union.png
26 KB, 640x426
/K/, how are the laws in Europe?
Is there any country that has ok laws or is every country shit?
>>
>>28059988
There's based Switzerland. EU land is liberal paradise though.
>>
>>28059988
Italian maritime law is pretty good.
>>
>>28059988
Czechia has better gun laws than the US, Estonia and Finland are good, rest of the nordics are okay as well, the rest of them rate from okay (austria, germoney) to awful (britbongistan).

EU is currently trying to push for a complete ban of full-auto and semi-auto that looks like full auto, though, so if that goes through it's all going to hell.
>>
>>28060017
Asking as a Swedefag, should I stay here or try to move another country?
I know of the semi-auto ban and how Swedish gun laws are, but would it be worth moving to say Estonia or Finland?
>>
Well, you can still get more or less everything, right? It depends on whether you are willing to leave everyone in Sweden just for slightly better gun laws and whether you could support yourself abroad.
>>
>>28060104
Might just try and move further north, but I will see where it leads. Just hope our politicians don't slam the semi-auto ban on us should the ban go through
>>
>>28060141
Sign the petition, get others to sign it, contact your politicians.

I believe Finland issued a statement that they wouldn't be implementing the bans, but it's not a lot to go on. You should be trying your utmost to better your country's gun laws instead, if you ask me. Only move when there's no options left. And if there aren't, I doubt Finland will be saved from it either.
>>
File: steel.png (210 KB, 481x326) Image search: [Google]
steel.png
210 KB, 481x326
>>28060050
Just go over the Estonian weapons law in English and decide then. While our laws might be comparatively OK with some other parts of Europe, there is a lot of silly shit in it still.
Just google weapons act and riigiteataja
>>
File: muh arsenal & gear - 2015 - SML.jpg (1 MB, 1296x2844) Image search: [Google]
muh arsenal & gear - 2015 - SML.jpg
1 MB, 1296x2844
>>28059988
Finnish laws are pretty alright. Strict, but working:

>Can own anything, provided that you have a valid reason. Self-defense isn't one.
>Each gun requires its own license to which you apply for at cop-station.
>Rifles / shotguns need to have > 400mm barrel and overall lenght of > 840mm.
>SBRs and pocket sized pistols are harder to get.
>Full auto only available for registered collectors.
>Handguns require a 2 year "waiting period", during which you need to prove you actively practice shooting.
>Can borrow an equivalent weapon, if you have a relevant permit.
>No limits on brass or magazine capacity; suppressors completely unregulated.
>No restriction on bladed weapons, OC needs a permit, collapsible batons and tasers are legal to own, but not sell within borders.
>No carry. Guns need to be locked or disassembled at home.
>Self-defense is based on "doctrine of equal force".

And like said, Finland's literally stated that they're not going to adapt the proposed EU directive. Shit would be a nightmare for our huge and active reservist and hunter societies, and potentially would require overhauling our entire defense system.
>>
>>28060339
On this picture, You don't need to melt steel to substantially weaken it.
>>
>>28060017

>okay (austria, germoney)
>germoney
>need gun club membership to apply for gun license
>have to actively participate in said club at least 3x per month to get license
>okay

yeah no
>>
>>28061409
that's why you go for the hunting license, more expensive but less restrictive too
>>
>>28060017
>Czechia has better gun laws than the US
No, it does not. California, Yew York and District of Murder not withstanding.

>Estonia and Finland are good
Estonia allows CC, Finland does not.
> rest of the nordics are okay as well
Not for carrying or owning pistols.
>>
>>28061642
pistols are ezpz in norway at least, you just need to join a club.

the worst part about norwegian gun laws, are approved semi auto rifle list
>>
>>28060197
>Sign the petition, get others to sign it
A waste of time. Do you really believe that voting in a poll on an american website is going to change jack shit here in the old world?

>contact your politicians.
This is a more reasonable course of action.

>And if there aren't, I doubt Finland will be saved from it either.
When we remove conscription and fill up all our forests with mudslimes, maybe. Before that, no - the national defense interest in a populace well armed and versed with arms coupled with our hunting culture will ensure that we don't go full bong-tier anytime soon.
>>
>>28061380
>Strict, but WORKING:
>self defense not a valid reason for owning firearms
>pistols require a 2 year waiting period
>no carry
>castle doctrine of "equal force" (as if the homeowner can know what the burglar/murderer is armed with before he acts in self-defense)
>licences
Into the thrash it goes.jpg

I'm a Finn by the way.
>>
>>28061642
>Estonia allows CC, Finland does not.
Estonian firearms law demands CC, but can only carry in condition 3, unless it is a wheelgun.
>(2) Weapons and ammunition shall be carried in a public place in a concealed manner which precludes them being lost, falling into the hands of other persons or causing accidental damage. The chamber of a carried firearm, except for the chamber of a revolver, shall be empty of cartridges.
>>
>>28061706
So basically you're barred from having a round chambered in modern pistols. That's not a big deal, AT ALL, compared to not being allowed carrying in any shape or form.
>>
>>28061642
As a czechfag I agree that some states in US have better laws. We must pass background check, doctor examination, testing on our gun laws and practical shooting. But we have shall issue for CCW, this is pretty unique for europe. Also no laser sights, no nv/thermal scopes, no hollow points for handguns.
>>
Dutch
Have to join a shooting club for 18 months. They must be able to vouch for you after this period.
Must have a declaration of good behaviour. Which means you may not have been a suspect in a crime. And never convicted.
May not have a mental illness.
Must be 18 years or older
After 18 month period you may purchase your first weapon. Which may only be a .22 pistol or rifle.
6 months after that. You may buy a 9mm. Then 1 year after that, you may buy 1 gun a year with a maximum of 5, all calibers may now be bought.
These need to be stored in a safe. Ammo needs to be stored seperate from mags. Mags and guns must be stored seperatly in a wall anchored safe.
Police may inspect your storage conditions without prior warning.

So yeah. Kek tier laws.
They really tightend the laws after an asshat with mental illnesses shot up a supermarket a couple of years ago. The document which showed that the police were negligent in giving him a license in the first place. Was "not found" due to "computer backup problems" i.e. asscovering.
So yeah. A very discouraging weapons law.
But. I will say this. Almost all gun related crimes are criminals killing other criminals.
>>
Germoney:
1 Year as a Member of a Shooting Club, 1x every Month for 1 Year minimum shooting and then you can buy 3 Rifles & 2 Pistols. Hunting Exam & you can buy 2 Pistols and XXX Rifles. But just a little criminal record and you have no chance.
>>
File: keks.png (769 KB, 595x744) Image search: [Google]
keks.png
769 KB, 595x744
>>28061752
It is better than not being allowed to carry at all, yes, but it is still a silly requirement.
Another silly thing is that hollowpoints are banned so you have to use FMJ or softpoints fer yer pistols.
As i said at the start of the thread, the laws are better than in most of yurp, but there are silly things.
>>
File: IMG_20151021_124432.jpg (722 KB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151021_124432.jpg
722 KB, 2560x1920
>>28061847
as a sportshooter you can buy unlimited amount of bolt actions also its three Pistols/revolver, three semis and three semiauto/pump shotguns you can have more if you shot in competions

For non small calibers you need to be over 21 Years and need even then a psyeval unless you are a hunter.

Only two guns every six months

pic are mine
>>
File: foto-rey-caza-elefante-1.jpg (306 KB, 1026x817) Image search: [Google]
foto-rey-caza-elefante-1.jpg
306 KB, 1026x817
Spaniard here

You only need a "hunter" license, the exam is a fucking joke. Allows you to buy shotguns and rifles (bolt/semi of course). You dont even need to prove that you use it for hunting, you just need to buy a gun safe.

Handguns is more complicated, you need to prove you actively practice shooting, be a member of a shoting club, a new license/exam too, no criminal record... or just be a cop. Or our king. Pic related, enjoying our taxes there in africa.
>>
>>28059988
>Start shooting in Sport shooting club
>Be member for a year and do some easy as shit target shooting on time trials.
>Get to buy almost any kind of pistol for "competitive" purposes
>One license per pistol
>Or just get a damn hunting license, easy as fuck. And get to buy hunting rifles.
Sweden
>>
There is always licensing/authorization process and administrative bullshit involved in any country of the EU. How much bullshit you have to go through and how long it takes depends on the country.
All semi-autos and handguns are going to be banned next year anyway.
>>
>>28059988
Croatia
You need to pass training, license is issued for sport, hunting or self defence. Concealed carry may be issued if you annoy local officials enough. Carbines, pistols, shotguns can be bought without problems. Every other house has couple of M-70 assault rifles, my friend have some grenades and manpad from war. Those are illegal, but no one cares.
>>
File: wake me up inside.jpg (175 KB, 1200x854) Image search: [Google]
wake me up inside.jpg
175 KB, 1200x854
>>28062300
>All semi-autos and handguns are going to be banned next year anyway.
Don't remind me senpai, shit's triggering as fuck.
>>
Italy here.
We can have genuine AK-104 with 29 round magazines.
'Nuff said.
>>
File: Straight_pull_k98k.webm (2 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Straight_pull_k98k.webm
2 MB, 480x360
>>28062511
...w-why 29?
>>
>>28062572
Because only a baby killer would use 30 round babana "clips".
>>
File: CNN fucked up.jpg (90 KB, 565x569) Image search: [Google]
CNN fucked up.jpg
90 KB, 565x569
In Portugal we can own some automatic rifles.

EU is trying to take that right from us....
>>
>>28062712
are you sure that gun ownership is a right and not just a privilege?
>>
>>28062725

It is a fucking RIGHT
>>
>>28059988
Bulgaria here.
Want a smoothbore? Get a hunting license, easy-peasy.
Want a semi-auto? Get your hunting license, keep it for 3 years, and now you can get your semi-auto license.
Want a pistol? If you are a cop or military, you just need a document from your workplace and you get the license. For everybody else, you need to provide a reason, which has to be approved by your local chief of police. So,like everything else here, you need connections or luck.
All guns have to be kept in locked metal cabinets and you can be subject to inspection from KOS (Dangerous materials control) at any time, but I've never heard that actually happening.
Open carry is banned, so only CC.
Home defense is shoot on sight as long as he has broken into your place of residence.
Reloading is banned because lel lobbies.
The population has a decent number of firearms, with over 300 000 registered gun owners.
Full auto ownership is possible with collector license but im not 100% sure.
>>
>>28062572
please stop, i can only fap so much
>>
>>28061409
this >>28061422

and yet Gelbe WBK is better then no funs
>>
>>28062511
But so can you in all nordicks, germany, czechia or austria, and the mag doesn't have to be pinned. Also, they csn buy 9x19.
>>
File: LED_223SPAK#1.jpg (632 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
LED_223SPAK#1.jpg
632 KB, 900x1200
>>28062002
> as a sportshooter you can buy unlimited amount of bolt actions

in Austria you can buy an unlimited number of bolt actions without a license

> Only two guns every six months
the most reateded thing about germlaws

pic related, my straightpull AK
>>
Austria

full auto is illegal

Smoothbore or rifled Shotgun/Rifle that is not semi auto:
purchase at the age of 18, "background-check", no licence and no limitation in number tho
Carrying with hunting or carrying permit

hunting license at earliest at 16 (only with special authorisation), normaly 18, is fucking expensive however and you have to learn a LOT for the exam.

Semiautomatic Rifles/Shotguns/Pistol/repeating Shotguns:
Purchase with gun license obtainable at 18 with special authorisation, normally at 21, self defense is a viable reason and not checked, need a psychological check for obtaining it, and firearms training every year or so if not a hunter. Gun licences have to be issued with at least 2 slots, can be extended at all times, have to be extended after 5 years
Problem with semi auto rifles is that their bolt and barrel have to differ from the military version if it is not by design a hunting semi auto, so very little options besides steyr aug ar 15 and sig 550.

only concealed carry, but carry permits are really an bitch to obtain

storage in a locked enclosure, checked every 5 years if semi auto, bolt action smoothbore etc is normally not checked.
no limit on ammo purchases, hollow point is allowed as well as is reloading at 18
Self defense is allowed with guns, but only if you are encountered with equal threats (knife, multiple oponents etc)
about 300 000 legal gun owners at ca 8 mill people here
PUMPGUNS as well as .50 bmg is ILLEGAL here, although semi auto shotguns are not. ridiculous.
>>
How the fuck is self defense not a valid reason to own a gun?
>>
>>28063041
>straightpull AK

ahahahaha
>>
>>28063178
laws are different, i could ask you why, when you're 18yo, you can join the army, get a drivers license but can't buy alcohol.
>mfw beer is legal for 16yo where i live
>>
>>28063197
What's so funny?
>>
>>28063178
Why the police is just 14.01min (germany) away
>>
>>28063215

Drinking is a state law. Military is federal age. Granted, federal basically forces the state make drinking 21.
>>
>>28063197

I think we can all agree, that the AK 47 is the rifle the most easy to convert to full auto. Thats why its only available in straight pull in Austria.

Also, straight pull is better than no pull.

There are also other semi auto rifles you can buy tho, as i´ve said before.
>>
>>28062725
#triggered
>>
>>28062712
Fuck off with your lies.

In Portugal you can own semi auto rifles, all these rifles can only be Fudd rifles. You can't own AR15s, you can't own AKs, etc, etc.

Portugal has one of the worst gun laws in Europe because all you can get are hunting shit.

Source: sou português caralho!
>>
File: 20150926_160706.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20150926_160706.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>28063080

> hunting license
> expensive
not at all

> gun licences have to be issued with at least 2 slots
no, only if selfdefense is the reason for your license
SS and other reasons will only get one

> can be extended at all times
not anymore
only after 5 years

> have to be extended after 5 years
that was dropped

> only concealed carry
there is no difference between open carry and CC
if you have the license, you can do as you wish

> but carry permits are really an bitch to obtain
even policemen aren´t getting a license anymore, so it´s pretty much dead

> no limit on ammo purchases
after 4000 rounds you have to tell the police

>>28063197
atleast I do own an AK britbong

>>28063373
> muh SIG 550
> muh OA 15
> muh Steyr AUG

atleast ,22lr rifles aren´t a problem here

pic semi related
CZ allows for converted full auto guns
> tfw no OB UZI
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2424x5958) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2424x5958
Switzerland is the best country in Europe to own guns in general.
>>
File: dat-feel-swiss.jpg (515 KB, 1200x659) Image search: [Google]
dat-feel-swiss.jpg
515 KB, 1200x659
>>28060008
>>28063567
>>
>>28063524
>atleast I do own an AK britbong
i'm swiss, still laughing btw
>>
>>28059988
Germany might have pretty tough gun laws, but at least you can own semi-auto assault rifles.
>>
>>28063872
>not wearing a watch

the fuck kinda Swiss is this?
>>
>>28060008
>>28063567
>>28063872
How does one become Swiss, besides being a refugee
>>
France:
> carrying is virtualy impossible.
> for any handguns besides caps and balls you must suscribe to a shooting range for at least a year before you can ask for an autorisation of detention for one gun.each new gun need a new autorisation and if you stop to go to the range you had to sell your guns or give them to the police.
> same for semi auto long guns.
> you can buy lever actions, bolt actions or shotguns after a few months in a shooting club of with a hunting licence or more simplier by buying a ball trap licence for 60 euros.you, can keep those guns even without renewing your licence.
> defending yourself with a gun will likely bring you to jail.
France guns laws really sucks .
>>
>>28062511
>can't have 9mm tho
>>
>>28064688
>can keep those guns even without renewing your licence.
i'm pretty sure they changed that
>>
>>28063362
The U.S. federal government will pull billions in highway funding from any state that lowers their drinking age.

That constitutes forcing the States to enact federal policy no matter how you look at it. Several States tried to resist until they got smacked on the pee pee.

In this case, like so many others, (the decline of the state militia, anyone?) the policy is clearly federal and so they should receive all of the blame.
>>
>>28064823
>tfw Louisiana was the last hold out and finally capitulated in '97
;_;
We held out for so long.
>>
>>28064756
You can keep class c weapons (bolt, lever actions ,shotguns) because they are declared weapons you don't have to ask for an autorisation of detention to buy them in the first case.
Unless they changed that 2 month ago wich was the last time i checked.
>>
>>28064975
Fist place.
>>
>>28064982
First place.god damnit !!! I am drunk.
>>
>>28064664

you dont
>>
>>28059988
Kraut poorfag here.

Some may tell you german laws are alright because it's not impossible to get guns, but fuck that: It's a hugely bureaucratic affair, with regulations, limits and by-laws on all sides, and completely unaffordable for peasants like me.

But that's just how Germany rolls - everyone's a little bit statist. Or a whole fucking lot. Rich and powerful people must be protected, everyone else is replaceable.
>>
File: Zulu_Pooh.jpg (46 KB, 400x550) Image search: [Google]
Zulu_Pooh.jpg
46 KB, 400x550
>>28065038
That's what I figured.
>>
dutchfag here
carrying a small knife would get me arrested
if some kebab starts shooting i'm supposed to call the cops who always show up late (aka when ill be dead)
literally not a single politician has mentioned loosening gun laws
the very few people at my school that i've told that i think guns should be legal think i'm insane (except for like 2 people who are sorta indifferent)
i take public transit every day together with hundreds of other people, an ideal target for terrorism
literally can't defend myself except for my fists, but those can't stop bullets
rumors about ISIS getting more and more people into my country

just fucking nuke the EU (and the rest of the world while you're at it), we're fucked
>>
>>28065112
>hugely bureaucratic affair
Kinderspiel im Vergleich zu manch anderer bürokratischen Herausforderung.
>>
UK here. Fuck you all.

Getting excited becouse I may or may not get to fire something bigger than a 22 next week.
>>
File: 1265463304654.jpg (135 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1265463304654.jpg
135 KB, 800x600
>>28061676
yet you can own technically any type of firearm you can imagine, if you're active enough and don't fool around. That's miles better than the bullshit you have to put up with in, say, UK.

Not to mention no firearm is plain out BANNED because it belongs to some spooky military-style family, like AKs are in Canada for example.
>>
>>28059988
>Discussions about politics or current events belong on /pol/.

Not that the mods give a fuck unless you're talking about San Bern
>>
>>28068363
this is really ridiculous.
>>
File: 1427671574485.jpg (19 KB, 238x500) Image search: [Google]
1427671574485.jpg
19 KB, 238x500
>>28060017

> (austria, germoney)

What, Germanys are super-shit, as >>28061409
says

Austrias are okay. You dont need any clubmembership or shit, and for category C weapons you need no license, aka every rifle that isnt a semiautomatic or a handgun. Just a three day waiting periiod, done.

And getting the license for semis and handguns is a bit of a hassle, but everyone who wants one geets one basically.

the only shit is carry permit is hard to get, you need to be "endangered" aka police, hunter, cab driver, bodyguard and so on.

But all In all i think Austria has one of the better gunlaws in the EU, for better or worse.
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.