[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Arrright /k/ - favorite pepper sprays? Any brands to avoid? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
Arrright /k/ - favorite pepper sprays? Any brands to avoid? I occasionally take public transit, so I'm leaning towards a no-tear-gas, foam or gel...but the Asp Key/Palm defender are kind of appealing because I think I'm more likely to EDC, and it's less liable to freak people out (I'm not kidding here; I mostly just don't want to have the conversation over and over about why I carry it); it looks like a keychain light, basically.

Fox and Sabre seem well regarded? I have a mace-brand can that has the world's shittiest "holster" - the bottom of the can has some square edges that make it nearly impossible to remove, and the clip on the body is pretty much useless.

Funny stories about OC, and protips, also requested. Not obvious tips like "don't fire it upwind, idiot", but actual useful advice.
>>
First in for get a gun.
>>
>>28058364

Librachusetts city, LTC is basically impossible. Besides - random homicides are extremely uncommon. Don't need lethal force when mostly it's just morons looking for a fistfight or maybe flashing an airsoft gun. They're not willing to risk anything that would result in not going through the court system like a bad burrito.
>>
>>28058323
i researched pretty extensively a few years ago and came up with this as the best.
https://www.selfdefenseproducts.com/products/pepper-spray/dps-pepper-spray/dps-2-oz-and-4-oz-pepper-sprays
i've bought 10 or 12 cans over the years from them for various people, none has been used as far as i know, but they are stand up guys. they feel that everyone has the right to self defense and will ship anywhere.

get the stream if you can aim, fog if you can't, and it couldn't hurt to buy an inert trainer and practice.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>28058323
A calendar on my wall m8.
>>
>>28058860
>Implying that's not enough to gun someone down for.
>>
File: Pepper Sprey.jpg (14 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Pepper Sprey.jpg
14 KB, 640x360
>>
>>28058323
FoxLabs is pretty good. Sabre's okay I think. Also try UDAP.

Main thing is to focus on is the MC (Major Capsaicinoids) percentage.

OC percentage and Scoville Heat Unit numbers are basically dick measuring numbers to make them seem better than the competition.

Look for something with at least 2% MC. That's what's generally used for bear spray. If it's good enough for bears, then it's probably good enough for people.

Cone and stream patterns are preferred, try to get a fliptop activation.
>>
Not OP

Couldn't you just make your own?

I don't know how you would get it in a suitable sprayer... but you can probably grind up Carolina Reapers and soak them in vodka then strain to get cheap and potent capsaicin.
>>
>>28060039

OP here. I was surprised to read that "bear spray" is never higher than 2%. I'd thought "bear spray" meant "stronger." Apparently the idea isn't to injure or incapacitate, it's just to surprise it a bit. Self-defense sprays can have way higher content.
>>
>>28059480

Correct. In MA, and by my own moral standards, personal robbery does not justify killing. Making that person wish they didn't have eyeballs, nasal cavity, lips, mouth, and tongue for about an hour, though? Seems quite relevant.

Word's getting around in our state that pepper spray is legal, and I anticipate a drop in lets-grab-shit-from-white-people incidents.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.