[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best deer rifle, without spending over $500
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: Hunting.jpg (17 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Hunting.jpg
17 KB, 640x480
Looking for /k/'s opinion on a deer rifle.

I started a thread on this a while back, and got Savage Axis as a 2nd choice, Ruger American as a first.

I actually checked out a Ruger American last Friday, and it was a no.

>Cheesy stock
>Toy gun magazine
>People with me agreed

It was light, and would work well in the woods because it's short, but the thing felt like something off the toy isle at Walmart.

So I upped the budget a bit. I'd also prefer something that has iron sights as a back-up.

What should I consider next, /k/omrades?
>>
I already have a nugget, so let's not go there. American made stuff.
>>
>>28057536
Used Browning A-Bolt
>>
>>28057536
I have no complaints about my Weatherby Vanguard
However mine is a series one and I have no experience with the newer models
>>
>>28057536
model 94
>>
>>28057870
Can confirm, good to 475+ yards with a Nikon Buckmaster scope
>>
>>28057536
Keep in mind that you can hunt deer and other large mammals effectively with a shotgun, buckshot/slugs, and (depending on preferences) a barrel choke.

You won't be taking much from further out than 50 yards or so, but then again, most large mammal hunting is done within that range anyway. Long-distance shots are relatively uncommon among most hunters, at least according to surveys.

So if your main motivating factor is bare-bottom pricing for something that can harvest deer, a used Maverick 88 or a Mossberg 500 might be the way to go.
>>
>>28058000
>000

BROWNING A-BOLT CONFIRMED BEST COMMERCIAL BOLT ACTION
>>
>>28057536
Weatherby, CZ, Zastava, all make good bambi baggers.
>>
>>28057536
http://www.simpsonltd.com/index.php?cPath=350_370_371

Look through these old Husqvarnas, particularly the 1640s.

They can be had in 30-06, can be very accurate, and are relatively cheap, strong guns.
>>
>>28057536
You get what you pay for. Wait and save your money until you can buy a Tikka or Browning.
>>
File: pwrblksystem.jpg (111 KB, 580x351) Image search: [Google]
pwrblksystem.jpg
111 KB, 580x351
Ruger American is an amazing rifle for the price. It shoots fucking sub MOA right out of the god damned box. Not many rifles under $500 bucks that can boats that. Magazine is pretty much shit, but you do not even need to bed the rifle for fucks sakes. It is very lightweight, and perhaps the best rifle for it's price range currently on the market.
>>
File: IMG_20150911_155651457.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150911_155651457.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1456
>>28058089
The range you take game at really depends on the terrain you hunt though. If OP is hunting deer in the forest you are right. However if he ever finds himself hunting pic related then he's gonna need to be able to shoot over 200 yards at least
>>
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/78093/Savage+11+HOG+HNTR+308+TB
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.