[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
As an Australian who kinda wants to immigrate to the US, what's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 9
File: 1448962570893.png (519 KB, 960x672) Image search: [Google]
1448962570893.png
519 KB, 960x672
As an Australian who kinda wants to immigrate to the US, what's the best state for gun ownership?
>>
>>28050232
New Jersey
>>
>He actually wants to go to a country with the most dogshit healthcare, the highest nigger population, and most retarded measurement system in the western world
You're getting guns and taking all this shit as well
>>
File: California.png (741 KB, 3000x3000) Image search: [Google]
California.png
741 KB, 3000x3000
>>28050232
California
>>
>>28050248
>too stupid to figure out fractions
>>
>>28050248

Shut up commie
>>
>>28050239
But isn't New Jersey consisted of latinos?

>>28050248
>comparing australia to the US
senpai, i want to get out of this shithole before the economy collapses, don't pull this shit on me. it'll be worse when australia's economy collapses.
>>28050251
ayy lmao, why?
>>
>>28050259
>ayy lmao, why?
Because it's the nicest state in this country and even though the gun laws are shitty, they're leaps and bounds above yours.
>>
>>28050263
say i wanted to move to california, what would be the best city/county to move to?
>>
>>28050232
Alabama, Georgia, or Arizona. Possibly Nevada. Anywhere else and you might freeze to death, also prepare you self for culture shock.
>>
>>28050263
>California
>Nice
>>
>>28050232
Depends. Where are your political alliances?

More liberal or conservative? Authoritarian or Libertarian?
>>
Take the Brady Campaign's rankings and treat it like golf - lower is better.

http://crimadvisor.com/data/Brady-State-Scorecard-2014.pdf

Arizona is basically the best
>>
>>28050268
What are you looking for? The beach? City life? Desert? Mountains? Forest?

My personal recommendation would be Bear Mountain are in San Bernardino, best county in regards to firearms friendly, and CCW applications. The mountain range is a good middle range, you got the mojave on one side, some spread out cities on the other, and beyond them, the beach and Pacific. Regular winter snowfall and cool foresty climate, the tourists can be a bitch now and then, but if you're a bit more relaxed and slower paced it's very manageable.

>>28050289
Outsiders need not comment but it is your right. I'll take it as a mark of jealousy.
>>
>>28050232
Kansas allows constitutional carry and everywhere outside of a city is practically a range already. I go shooting in my backyard with a rifle that took me one hour to complete the purchase on with the background/sanity check and everything. Kansas good.
>>
>>28050259
Commiefornia is filled to the brim with carpetbagger leftists hell-bent on following the "Australian lead" on gun control. Avoid California, especially if you value your right to bear arms.
>>
>>28050259
>Implying any APC country's economy would ever be anywhere near 'collapse'
Holy fuck I changed my mind, get the fuck out, you'll be right at home with the rest of the delusional amerikuks
>>
>>28050344
The term of "Collapse" is generally not seen in it's full seriousness until you live in a country that is heading towards it, and also completely denying that it's happening because "WE'LL MAKE IT BETTER" and "WE DON'T KNOW HOW TO MAKE IT BETTER"

>>28050293
Honestly, I'd love me some mountains, city life and forest.

>>28050291
Mix of liberal and conservative, mostly Libertarian. Honestly, I'm pretty much the perfect original liberal, as in before these new age keks ruined the movement.
>>
>>28050344
I'm always amazed at how smug people get the more they suckle a leftist government's tits.
>>
>>28050343
>Commiefornia is filled to the brim
No.

>>28050368
It's a nice place, and it's not as popular as say Mammoth so the tourism isn't just debilitating.
>>
>>28050248
>dogshit healthcare
not if you arent poor
>highest nigger population
not if you live somewhere without the poor
>most retarded measurement system in the western world
you got me there i guess but that hardly seems like a reason not to live somewhere
>>
>>28050368
Great then. Any of the states from Texas that stretch all the way north to North Dakota, and from Oklahoma to Arizona. Ignore Colorado.

I'm an Oklahoman personally. I live in a town of 4000 people. I can look down one side of my street and see plainsland and cows, and look down the other and see the school I grew up in. There's a gun culture like no other in this place. My neighbors are always showing me their new purchases. I go off shooting in the country, and the local sheriff wants to hear about my Mosin. I go back home to have BBQ in my house I rent for 300 a month.

If someone calls it a flyover state, It's a great state for guns and living. Look into it.
>>
>>28050383
>Californian education
You don't understand hyperbole, do you?

>>28050368
If you're a Libertarian, you'll want just about anything but California or New Jersey. I wouldn't ignore some of the flyover states. I know for a fact that most Kansans love freedom, and a lot of them are fellow gun owners.
>>
>>28050383
Then explain the shit gun laws in CA. The handgun roster alone is bad enough to avoid surviving as a gun owner in that state.
>>
>>28050389
A fellow bumpkin. My dad was born in Oklahoma. Used to have family in Enid, but they moved north a little ways to Caldwell, KS by the KanOkla border.
Sub 10,000 resident flyover cities are the best.
>>
>>28050410
Hell. They all would live within 50 miles of me then.

I love small towns. OKC isn't too hard to get to either. Nor is stillwater, or Enid. You just go to places like that when you want to do something.
>>
>>28050239
This is not true, OP. I'm spitting the bait out now.
>>
>>28050393
>Californian education
>Mystically lesser because raisins
I understand it, but when the claim isn't remotely true then it's worth stating such. It's like looking at 10 red buttons mixed in with 10 yellow buttons and going WOW THAT SURE IS A FUCKLOAD OF RED BUTTONS

The issue with California is a few population centers holding the cards, territory wise the majority of California is pro gun.

http://www.ppic.org/main/publication_show.asp?i=526

>>28050407
A rapid grip of fear after North Hollywood. We've seen it before, once it's set in place, it takes much longer to undo. Gun ownership rates continue to rise in the state, even Brown has Vetoed gun control bills, the ghost gun nonsense was laughed to pieces, we're teetering becoming a shall issue state, etc, etc.

You realize the majority of the remaining gun control laws are old as fuck now right? There's a reason they never attempted to update the by name list of assault weapons, despite being almost completely circumvented.
>>
>>28050248

Settle down, negro. Being this furious is bad for your health.
>>
>>28050232
So, for gun laws you want to consider and weigh several aspects:
reciprocity: What states honor your states permit
NFA bans: what states ban suppressors, SBRs, SBS, MGs, and whether they specifically ban NFA title II items or define them themselves (see Hearing Protection Act, Hollis v. Lynch)
AW bans: What states ban firearms by named evil features
Mag bans: What states ban magazines over 5/10/15 rounds, whether (CA) or not (NJ) you can possess or buy/sell pre-ban "grandfathered" mags, and whether (CO, MD) or not (CA, NJ) you can purchase them out of state and "import" them yourself.
PPT/FTF: whether the state allows face to face transfers without a 4473.
Registry: whether the state requires firearms be registered through a registry or a de facto registry, like "universal background checks," see above.
Handguns: what states have special snowflake rules for handguns
Shall Issue: what states require issuing authorities shall issue (thus the buzzword) unless a real and substantial justification is rendered.

In addition to the normally weighed:
cost of living
property taxes
income taxes
daily drive time
parking, home and work
proximity to healthcare
night life
et cetera

If it helps, I have a neighbor here in western Pennsylvania who immigrated from Holland who owns an M240. Not through a trust or llc, but as an individual.
>>
>>28050248
All of this is false.
>More Niggras in the EU
>More niggras in Africa
Also I had a friend who needed a variety of surgeries. He travelled the world, litterally, trying to get medical help. Israel, Ukraine, Brasil, Canada, UK, France....none could help him. So he returned to the US, broke and NOT a citizen and the US healthcare system treated his Hep C and replaced his liver. His bill? "Pay what you can, when you can."
This was the same bill my broke ass father got.
So tell me,how exactly is the US Healthcare system "the worst?"
>Repeat a lie enough and people believe it
>>
>>28050288
Seconding Alabama or Georgia. Stick to the bigger cities (i.e. Huntsville, Mobile, Savannah, Atlanta, Birmingham) and you should avoid the worst of the banjo people. Pros are hot girls that love foreign accents, good food, hilariously lax gun laws, and decent weather most of the year. Cons are banjo people and people thinking you're stupid just for living in the South.
>>
>>28050527
>alabama
>georgia
>hot girls
>decent weather
>good food
lol.

>hot and humid as fuck cept for the winter when it's freezing
>fat girls
>who eat food made almost entirely out of melted fat
all you have going for you is the gun laws, let's be real.
>>
>>28050232
Kansas, probably in the Southeast region. Prepare for culture shock but the people are generally accepting.
>>
>>28050527
Don't forget the nigs and horrible humidity.
>>
>>28050521
Can confirm. My dad was a surgeon who literally only got paid for about half the work he did, because the other half couldn't afford it. Big surprise, most people who go into medicine actually want to help people and not screw up their lives with debt.
>>
>>28050527
>good food
Holy shit this.

If jumbalaya and buttermilk biscuits aren't for you then your wrong.

Also
>at least 5 Mexican restaurants per major town
>>
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 640x349) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 640x349
>>28050521
It's all propaganda so they can pass more laws to "fix" it. America's best institutions are the best in the world at what they do, whatever that might be.
>>
>>28050527
I don't exactly agree with this.
Stay away from central Alabama. For one, massive black populations, and correspondingly the highest crime rates in the state. Huntsville can be nice, but it's got some bad places too.
Honestly because of Huntsville most of the smaller cities around it are pretty well off. I live in a community of 10k 45 minutes out of Huntsville. One of the best High Schools in the state as well as one of the top schools in the country, nice, affordable houses, cool people. Only problem (which isn't a problem for me personally) is that it's a dry city. Of course, it being dry is why we have lower crime than any city around us.
Avoid Decatur unless you can live in one of its gated communities.
>>
>>28050552
Agreed, my great grandpa was a surgeon who owned a small ass clinic in bum fuck USA
He gave surgery to those who needed it for free if they couldn't afford it, in return people gave him free shit.

Still made enough money to buy shit tons of dynamite and die owning 100+ firearms. Some really rare guns too, my great uncle Bob actually got 30,000$ worth of 1911s with custom grips.

American Healthcare confirmed for most hospitable
>>
>>28050567
In from Auburn, only real black problem or crime problem we have in general tends to be college kids and stupid high schoolers.

Towns pretty peaceful, sadly there's only two gunstore that aren't big box names like gander mtn.

We do have a shit ton of koreans, but that's really only improved the place.
>>
>>28050521
>>28050579
>>28050552

For every one of your anecdotes there are hundreds of others of people getting financially fucked by the system. American healthcare might help the poorest of the poor for free, but for anyone else, it'll put you there if you aren't already. That's why it's the shittiest.
>>
>>28050537
Like I said, it's all about where you are. Those things are true for the real rural areas, but not the cities (except for the big thing, but what place isn't overrun by bugs these days?). Go look up pictures of sorority classes from Alabama, Auburn, GA Tech, and UGA. The majority are average looking or better, with only a few fat or ugly ones. And as for the food, region-specific stuff is things like bbq, every kind of seafood you can imagine, gumbo, casseroles with all kinds of meat and veggies, etc. You can find that deep fried buttery shit anywhere in the world, but as long as you're not poor, you should be able to afford something better. And as for the weather, where I grew up, summers were 80s or rarely 90s (F) and winters were 40s, 50s, and rarely 30s (F). Humidity was usually pretty high, I'll give you that, but you get used to it. Feel free to stay up North though. We don't mind
>>
>>28050232
>best state
The one you can get a job in you convict descended freedom leech.
>>
>>28050590
>American Healthcare is shittiest
Blame the Government.

Overreaching Government intervention and America have not been compatible since the British stopped their policy of benign neglect.
>>
>>28050589
Auburn is a bit of an exception, since it's a college town after all.
Places like Birmingham and its surroundings aren't that great or hospitable for white folks unless you can afford to live in a white only gated community. Still though, Bama nigs aren't nearly as bad as Yankee nigs.
Probably because they don't feel like getting shot by whitey for chimping.
>>
>>28050552
>>28050563
Damn right!
But dont misunderstand, we have our issues. But we are not a nation of "fuck you" like everyone seems to think.
That being said, the guy I mentioned almost died at GW memorial Hospital in DC because the doctors didnt give a fuck....but Johns Hopkins litterally saved his life.
Aaaand my moms doctor cured her colon cancer by giving her EVERYTHING cancer. Johns Hopkins again stepped in and tried to unfuck things...but too late.
>>
>>28050248
Back to the japan, maggot.
>>
>>28050590
Riiiiight because there arent programs specifically for people who cant pay.

Also even if medical care did take all your monies to fix you.... YOU GET TO LIVE.

Its only people who use the system then say "no I have nothing and I refuse to work with the doctors or accept help from an outside source that get fucked.
>>
>>28050599
Agreed. But it also mostly has to do with economic class and stuff like that, southern middle class blacks are seriously some of the most hospitable and kind people around.

Source:
Black neighbor gives me free muskedine and grape jelly.
>>
>>28050616
You obviously didn't read my post because you're reiterating exactly what i wrote, except for this last bit

>Its only people who use the system then say "no I have nothing and I refuse to work with the doctors or accept help from an outside source that get fucked.

which is complete drivel. Compared to other 1st world nations our health care is terrible. Dunno why i'm replying to a 14 y/o anyway. Never mind.
>>
>>28050624
Indeed. Good blacks do exist.

My experiences have been limited with them, but unfortunately about half positive half negative. Also at times comical.
>school has a flawless football season and takes the state championship
>two weeks later the one black guy on the football team gets caught with drugs and alcohol in his car
>literally just left them laying on his dashboard

And they let him back after 2 weeks and then one week before school ended he got in a fight and ended up elbowing a teacher (female) that tried to break it up.
>>
>>28050248
There are two types of countries on earth, those who use the metric system, and those who have been to the moon.
>>
>>28050455
The majority being pro-gun doesn't matter if they aren't calling the shots. The fact of the matter is, they don't call the shots, so even if that majority does exist, which I'm doubtful of, they don't matter. Fix your state government before telling people to come in.
>>
>>28050455
>may-issue state

stopped reading there
>>
Utah would match that pretty well.
>>
>>28050537
What if I love chubby girl?
>>
File: immigration america.jpg (2 MB, 2448x1584) Image search: [Google]
immigration america.jpg
2 MB, 2448x1584
What makes you think Burgerstan will even take you?
>>
>>28050232
PA , TN , or TX
>>
>>28050368
>Mountains, city life, and forest.

A bunch of okies are chiming in espousing our political culture etc. But the one thing we can't into is mountains.
>In b4 muh black mesa.
Not real ones at any rate.

I love Okie land and OKC and Tulsa are legit metropolitan areas with good night life, culture, arts, and universities but if you want terrain over 2,400 feet (800 meters) you might want to look into Nevada, Arizona, or Utah. They all have BLM land which allows you to shoot for free and their cities are breddy gud too.

In fact, most cities in the U.S. except NYC, LA, and Shitcago have pretty gud access to rural areas less than an hour away, but BLM land is GOAT tier for shooting and outdoors.

Alaska is legit but has even smaller cities than Oklahoma.

Washington and Oregon are nice and their gun laws aren't the best but they beat the shit out of Jew Jersey and Kekfornia.
>>
>living anywhere else except the birthplace of the Winchester 87,92,94,95,97 Remington rolling block, models 8,10,12 Colt 1895,1900,1903,1905,1908,1911,1917,1918,1919, and the M2
>>
AVOID AVOID AVOID

>Cali
>new jersey
>new York
>Massachusetts
>Connecticut
>Maryland
>hawaii

Everywhere else ranges from tolerable to god tier. Take a pic.
>>
Georgia. We got every type of climate and geography except desert. Best gun laws aside from constitutional carry states, shit we even give felons gun rights. Worst thing is the nigs. We're considered the most progressive of the southern states, and I love it here.
>>
>>28050251
Don't move to California OP. The cost of living mixed with the people and politics is gay as fuck.

I would know, I lived there for 19/23 years of my life.
>>
>>28050959
can confirm Georgia for based gun state. All NFA is legal if registered and kosher with the ATF. Shall issue CCW. No registration of non-NFA guns. Private party transfers are kosher. Hunting with suppressors is legal.

We have everything:
>major international city, Atlanta
>mountains
>hunting lands
>the beach
>very little snow in winter
>niggers
>lots and lots of niggers
>>
>>28051007
We have spics to- but unlike the Texas spics most of them are friendly as fuck. Also yeah GA has 10/10 gun laws but sucky whether and blacks so- yeah.
>>
>>28050791

This list is truth and add Illinois to it. The city if Shit-cago ruins that state.
>>
>>28050248
Actually, our healthcare system is one if the highest ranked in the world in terms of overall quality. Health insurance is also available to pretty cheap now.

Same reason why private universities are so expensive, besides Oxford and Cambridge, all of our schools rank on top.
>>
FLORIDA
L
O
R
I
D
A

I moved from Brisbane to Melbourne (lel), Florida. I feel right at home now living in Tampa.
>>
Youll do well. Girls like Australian accents, so as long as youre not ugly as fuck youll get decent pussy. Businesses like hiring Australians because the accent makes you sound interesting. Best Gun states are: any within the Rocky Mountains, Missouri, Georgia, Vermont. You have pretty decent flexibility as there is a progun state in every region of the nation.

Have fun bruh.
>>
>>28050650
Have Myanmar and Liberia ever been to the moon?
>>
>>28051101
>Health Insurance is pretty cheap now

no its not you child. Sure you only pay $150 for coverage (just for yourself) but with a 40% co-pay its far from cheap.
You "have" insurance, you just cant afford to use it.
>>
>>28050248
You have "access" in the US to the most advanced healthcare tech and facilities here in the US because its profitable to do so, theres money in treating rare shit.
The US has high quality health care because of profit but god damned does it cost an arm and a leg
>>
http://freedominthe50states.org

If you care about freedom and the politics of your potential new home, this is a great resource. You can break each state down from its overall freedom ranking into specific categories, including gun rights.
>>
>>28050263
>nicest state in this country
Highly debatable
>>
Lafayette Louisiana is the happiest city in the country. The 4 runner ups are also in Louisiana. Pretty good gun laws. Don't go to New Orleans. That's the shithole of Louisiana despite what you've heard.
>>
Fuck off, we're full.
>>
>>28050232
Vermont or Arizona. Maine, Arkansas, and Wyoming are good too. Texas is not as good as people think. All the people who say otherwise are either fucking with you or ignorant.
>>
>>28051965
Vermont legalized suppressors in July, too.

It kind of fails the civilization tests plus climate though... >>28050506
>>
>>28051146
$180/mo

$20 co-pays.

Health, dental, and eye exams included. I just went through 8 surgeries since January, only paid $3k this year, most of which was reinbursed in hotel stays.
>>
>>28053391
Wait, I don't get it. Wouldn't you rather have that taken out as a chunk of your paycheck that you don't have any say about, have it labelled "free care", and then have the fee forced on you whether or not you use that "free care" anyway?

What are you, some kind of RethugliKKKan? I bet you're a racist too.
>>
>>28050319
One hour for a rifle background check?
>>
>>28054700
No licensing required, first firearm purchase ever, the whole shebang, in and out in an hour.
>>
>>28054700
Plus, they had put in some kinda new computer system they were using and nobody really knew what they were doing. And hey we're busy. Most of the waiting was when I needed a manager to help my stupid self.
>>
>>28054801
>and hey, we're busy
*they were busy

thanksgiving sale and all that
>>
>>28050232
Surprised nobody has mentioned Washington. You get rural and urban (if you want to live in Seattle). Easy to find flights going out of SEATAC if you want to visit home / travel. No AW bans, suppressors allowed, CCW is easy to get.
>>
>>28050232
Allow of them, compared to Australia. Just don't move to mass, New Jersey, New York, conneticut or california
>>
File: VA.jpg (256 KB, 1051x771) Image search: [Google]
VA.jpg
256 KB, 1051x771
>>28050232
Its pretty nice here.

Loudoun sounding off.
>>
>>28050232
Alaska.

lots of animals trying to kill you, so it'll feel like home.
>>
>>28054916
Thats funny, you do know hes an aussy right?

He would freeze to death in the first ten minutes.
>>
>>28055009
He could get several coats and pairs of pants. He'll be fine.
>>
>>28050232
Alaska or Texas.
(Choose Alaska, its cooler)
>>
File: Ian.jpg (73 KB, 500x368) Image search: [Google]
Ian.jpg
73 KB, 500x368
>>28050232
Arizona, OP. Arizona.

They pretty much have the best laws short of Alaska (which is a pain in the ass to live in), and the climate may be similar to what you're used to in Upsidedownland
>>
>>28050248
>most retarded measurement system
you seemed to have confused us with Britain
>>
>>28050232
Tennessee
>>
File: image.jpg (967 KB, 1277x958) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
967 KB, 1277x958
>>28050232
Come to north west Arkansas friend. Our gun laws are nonexistent, our churces are charitable, our women are kind and the land is beautiful.
>>
>>28050232
Get the fuck out faggot, we don't want your aussie liberal kangaroo bullshit. fuck off to the middle of your continent with no water and wither away while abos fuck your soon-to-be corpse.
>>
Alaska is full.
>>
>>28050386
Only measurement system that has been to the moon m8
>>
File: tucsonmasterrace.jpg (155 KB, 959x771) Image search: [Google]
tucsonmasterrace.jpg
155 KB, 959x771
arizona friend, you'll be at home amongst animals which want to kill you but we've got like half of all gun manufacturing or something
>>
>>28050710
>pic
I don't think countries should be offering that much help to unskilled immigrants. If you want to come to a country, make it worth our while. Have smart kids, teach them both home country's and new country's culture.
>Mexicans get in because muh family or marry some low-wage retard and pop out 69 children
>don't attempt to raise them, let them do whatever they want, no discipline, feed them fattening garbage, let them fumble through education
>teach them about how great mexico was and shit on american culture, shit on evil white man
>kid doesn't know shit about politics, votes for the guy who says he wants to let the most immigrants and help the most poor people regardless of retarded policies
>kid can't get work because $35 minimum wage has driven unemployment up, since he failed high school he can't get a mcDonald's job because they only hire with a four year college education now
>now six generations of mexicans are living in one house, most turn to crime to feed families or to escape their shitty conditions
>end up contributing to those conditions because they're now a gangbanger
>hyper-low income communities fuck everything over for the rest of the area
Not saying that whites don't do this shit but if they don't succeed then they aren't worth keeping in this country either. Hopefully they eventually die out on their own or get married to someone smarter and dilute their retardation/failure.

Sage for off topic, hope I didn't sound too /pol/ there.
Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.