[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My dad found this knife/machete/kukri thing and gave it to me.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: 3.jpg (209 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
209 KB, 1280x720
My dad found this knife/machete/kukri thing and gave it to me.

It's seems old as hell and handmade. What do you thing /k/?
>>
It is probably ground from an old lawnmower blade on a bench grinder in someone's garage...
>>
>>28047923

Reminds me of book of Eli in a way. Besides that though. Do you know where or when it was made? Any marking or any thing like that?
>>
>>28047923
its Chinese and retails for 10-15 bucks thought it seems like the previous owner was using it
>>
>>28047954
That would be a quality blade probably.
This looks like a typical $10 stainless made in china PoS.
>>
>>28047960
No markings of any kind anywhere. It's definitely handmade. Also no way of really knowing how old it is.
>>
File: VRt8Ev1.jpg (16 KB, 430x337) Image search: [Google]
VRt8Ev1.jpg
16 KB, 430x337
>>28047954
>lawnmower blade
>>
>>28047954
Legitimate kukris from Nepal are made from the leaf springs off trucks.
>>
>>28047979
[citation needed]

If it was retail there would be markings of some kind.
>>
>>28047997

Well that's cool. You should ask your dad how and where he got it. A cool story could be behind it.
>>
File: k1030-1.jpg (16 KB, 596x431) Image search: [Google]
k1030-1.jpg
16 KB, 596x431
>>28048038
http://www.tacticalknives.biz/SingleTacticalKnives.asp?ID=1724&Cat=Machetes

its just as likely to be unmarked as marked depending on where you got it from
yeah that one looks slighlty different cause the old owner reprofiled it
go to a fleamarket see like 10 of those in a pile
>>
>>28048110
I feel like this thing is much older than 2012 honestly man. Exact same style though.
>>
>>28048211
theyve sold that style of machete for decades now
ive got one from the late 90s somewhere in my garage
the blade profile stays the same but the holesize and location varies

plenty of time for it to have rusted even though its stainless been cleaned up, resharpened and look vintage
im sorry to break it to you but its nothing special
>>
>>28048262
I was never trying to claim it had any monetary value... Just seems like a damn good chopper.
>>
File: HV1vLxj.jpg (380 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
HV1vLxj.jpg
380 KB, 2048x1152
>>28047923
i have one of these. they're cheap, like $20-30, and are pretty good for chopping stuff. can take a fair bit of abuse
>>
>>28047923
>>28047997

>handmade

I will never understand how people think this about mass produced Chinkshit. Learn your shit, Anon.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.