[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
1st gun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: 1443443704300.gif (2 MB, 331x240) Image search: [Google]
1443443704300.gif
2 MB, 331x240
What was the first gun you bought and why did you chose it?

Also advice for me, as I just got my foid and am getting a handgun most likely for Christmas as a result.
>>
ruger 10/22 cause i wanted to get down basic marksmanship.
quckly followed by a mossberg 500 for HD
>>
Walther p22
Got it cause it was like 350 with only about 100 or so rounds through it. Plus it looked nice with the muzzle break it came attatched with.
>>
>>28036949
Got a Beretta 92a1 because I wanted a handgun that was fulllsize, all metal, and a classic unique design
>>
first gun bought with my own monies

ruger p95. I was 21, it was 320 bucks, already had a 10/22 and black hawk so it was easy choice.
>>
>>28036977
Also been debating a shotgun, since the bf has a couple pistols already, but the shotgun isn't a HD one apparently.
>>
Glock 17

Proven track record, decent price, shit ton of accessories, magazines are cheaper than mags for other guns. I made a list of guns i was interested in but began eliminating choices when I had opportunities to shoot or fondle the guns.
>>
>>28037035
any particular reason? If you have a long barrel they can be unwieldy indoors, but short barrels can be found for cheap
>>
Polish AKM, because SKS's were the same price so I was getting more for the same price. Still overpaid, but learning how to operate one of the most popular weapons in the entire world has had it's benefits
>>
File: Ocelot.jpg (11 KB, 180x396) Image search: [Google]
Ocelot.jpg
11 KB, 180x396
>>28036949
Bought an Uberti SAA clone because of MGS.
>>
File: Remy.jpg (2 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
Remy.jpg
2 MB, 4000x3000
Wanted a 12GA, initially planned on spending <$500 and probably getting a Nova
Then was going to get a Supernova Tactical because the store had one and it was really nice
Then decided I wanted an 870 Police Magnum, was going to get one of the (somewhat rare) marine versions (store had one).
Then that gun sold, but I still wanted a Police Magnum and the only one they had left was the (most expensive) Max version, figured "fuck it, I'm just doing it"
They did also have an 870 MCS, which was kinda cool
>>
>>28037084
Idk really, I haven't lurked here enough to know all the disadvantages/advantages.
He said it was more for hunting. Bird shot was mentioned I believe.
>>
>>28036949
Lithgow No1 Mk3

Because I really like the enfield look.
>>
10/22. I have since converted it into a pistol.
>>
>>28037214
My first AR has been in the works for about 3 yrs. >>28037214
Its pretty getto and the safety doesn't work but it shoots, just sometimes in the wrong setting.
>>
K31
Because I'm Swiss and only need a copy of my criminal record to get it
Also love shooting 300m
>>
>>28036949
P226, I like the looks of it, plus it fits my hand really well. Problem is I can't shoot for shit with it, I can do well enough with the .22 kit, but my 9mm shots are all over the place.
>>
File: WP_20140309-2.jpg (1 MB, 1536x1152) Image search: [Google]
WP_20140309-2.jpg
1 MB, 1536x1152
>>28036949
>FOID
Hello fellow Illinope citizen.

Steyr M40-A1. It fit my hand perfectly, was 130 less than a comparable Glock, and has turned out to be perfectly reliable. Mags are also only 15 bucks.
>>
>>28037266
For 10rds i assume? What a joke.
>>
>>28036949
>10/22
because its a solid semi-auto, there are tons of aftermarket options, .22 is great to learn, and its something i could see myself giving to my kids or grandkids some day
>>
>>28037274
>Muh round count

They are 12 round mags, while the 9mm conversion I have for it has 17 rd flush fits. Whats the problem anyway? I can throw a high cap in it if I want to.
>>
>>28036949
AR 15 because I was a dumbass grunt that felt like I needed one to practice with.

It got stolen, reported stolen, and never heard from again.
>>
MAS 36
I recognized it as milsurp, that's it really.
>>
>>28036949
NPAP.

Wanted to get into guns on a whim, wanted an AK, had extra cash laying around, thought the three holes in the handguard looked neat, got jewed and payed 700 after tax for it.

Research your purchases first.
>>
>>28037478
I'll never get over the way NPAP sounds like an arrhythmia tester.
>>
I bought a 12 gauge Chinese knock-off of the Ithaca shotgun. It was an impulse buy because I'd just turned 18 and I could. It was a piece of shit, terrible extraction problems. I don't know how you fuck up a pump-action so bad, but the Chinese found a way. I hocked it (and my .22 bolt-action, a birthday present I received when I was 15) for grocery money when I was living with my then-girlfriend. She is my now-wife, and I protect our little household with a much more sensible purchase, a used S&W model 64.
>>
>>28036949
God damned Mosin. /k/ recommended it.

I love it so much. It has a special place in my heart
>>
>>28037183
most shotguns can fill a different role by changing ammunition to match their intended target
you can use the same gun to shoot birds with birdshot, home invaders with buckshot, and deer with slugs.
some shotguns are able to take longer shells than others. lmost all modern 12ga shotguns shoot 2.75 shells". some can use up to 3" shells, and even 3 1/2 inches). this information can usually be found stamped into the breech end of the barrel
>>
>>28036949
Nugget because cheap and lethal.

After that a RAMI because I needed a carry gun.
>>
>>28036949
nice try ATF

traded ex-roommie's consoles +games for a Wincest3030 Ranger and some ammo
>>
>>28038203
Trust me, getting my foid was shitty enough. I've already learned to hate all the firearm restrictions with a passion.

>>28038164
Hmm, maybe he just wants an upgrade.
>>
>>28036949
M1A. I'd just gotten out of the Army and I wanted something nice that wasn't chambered in 5.56mm.
>>
some bb gun
>>
>>28036949
Yugo Mauser 24/47 because my brother already has a nugget, AR-15, a Glock 19, and a winchester shotgun. I wanted something unique for the range so that we'd all have something new to gawk at and blow up pumpkins from 50-100 yards with in rural Kansas.
>>
>>28039258
Also, I'm kind of a protofudd. That Mauser is my only gun so far.
I need more wood-furniture-having guns.
>>
First gun was a cz p-09 for self/home defense, it's fucking great, highly recommend. For 450 bucks it's fantastic. Second gun was a kel tec sub-2000 gen 2
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.