[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wat do /k/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: C93_Left.jpg (47 KB, 640x301) Image search: [Google]
C93_Left.jpg
47 KB, 640x301
I've been trying to decide whether my next purchase will be an AR or a Mini. I really want to add a 5.56 rifle to my small collection. Every time I Google around for opinions, someone says "fuck 'em both, get a C93."

Should I listen to that one guy? I kind of dig the looks of it, but it doesn't look like it would support many accessories.
>>
>>28029351
Eh, there is a reason the AR is so popular. No reason to get a Mini-14 though.
>>
>>28029351
Who the fuck is suggesting a century built obsolete kraut gun as anything but a novelty?

What are you googling, worst advice in .223?
>>
>>28029351

If you're looking for a rifle you can heavily customize, the HK93/C93 is not the rifle for you. If you want to make your rifle 'yours' get an AR and fiddle with it however you please. The 93 is a rifle for people who want something that's fun and out of the ordinary, while still being an effective 5.56 caliber rifle.

Personally, I like them a lot. To me, the ergos of the HK/CETME family are much more comfortable than the ergos of the AR family. If you're already familiar with those ergos but want something lighter than a 91, the 93 is the way to go.
>>
>>28029412

Lel...no. My search terms are stuff like "AR vs. Mini." So I take it you're not a fan, then?
>>
Thanks for the input, guys.
>>
>>28029425

The problems with the C93 have mostly to do with headspacing issues, and Century using the wrong sized rollers to retard the bolt. I certainly wouldn't buy one without examining it in person. HK forums tend to not like them. I'm sure those forums are elitist and whatnot, but they know the subject matter at hand pretty well.

Minis had a lot of problems in the past. Maybe Ruger fixed them. I don't care enough to find out.

I would recommend an AR as a first rifle, because in the last few years the supply side of the ar market has gone bonkers, and you can get really high quality rifles for not very much money at all.
>>
>>28029425
They're cool, but century man. The usual shitty welds, misaligned/ mismatched parts, etc. So a very hit or miss thing on whether or not and how long they'll work reliably.

The only think i don't like on the hk53 type guns is the mags, really. The lock up is just weird to me, have to rock it a little.

Just save the trouble and get an AR. Get a c93if you see a good deal later if you gotta have it.
>>
>>28029551
Should say alternately spend more for a real HK or a better build if you just really like the platform and don't feel limited on the customization side.
>>
>>28029351
Don't dude I bought one as a novelty rifle and it is the worst.
>C93 pros
Cool look
Good Ergos
>cons
Everything
>>
>>28029351
Zenith is bringing in turk production HK33/93 clones. No century monkeying here, they come with paddle mag releases, a railed claw mount. The magwells have a pin welded in for import reasons to take 10 round mags, but they are easy to file off, and apparently Zenith is going to grind those off before shipping them to customers.

The downside is that they run for $1500-1600.
>>
>>28030425
>The downside is that they run for $1500-1600.
This, but they're as close to a true 33/93 you can get without dropping $5k+ on a preban.

If you live in a free state, I'd suggest getting the 12" barrel and make it an SBR.
>>
File: IMAG0746[1].jpg (3 MB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0746[1].jpg
3 MB, 2688x1520
>>28029351
The C93 QC is pretty hit and miss. Plus the C93 doesn't like polymer magazines. Go for a V93 if you can find one.

I got pretty lucky with mine.
>My C93
>>
File: C93_Hensoldt2.jpg (99 KB, 416x914) Image search: [Google]
C93_Hensoldt2.jpg
99 KB, 416x914
>>28029424
This, just get an AR mang. Easier on your end and less hassle. Unless you want to spend more on the optic than you did the rifle.
>>
File: IMAG0747[1].jpg (3 MB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0747[1].jpg
3 MB, 2688x1520
>>28032762
And having to monitor the bolt gap.

And paying out the nose for replacement parts cause H$K.
>>
File: SAM_0003.jpg (421 KB, 706x1350) Image search: [Google]
SAM_0003.jpg
421 KB, 706x1350
>>28032990
Yup. Though mine hasn't changed in a while.
>>
Gay nigger aids smelly nigger
>>
>>28029351
If you've already got an AR, get a Mini.
If you don't, I'd do my research and get an AR, solely because they can be cheaper and easier to replace/fix.
The Ruger AR556 is a great, cheap AR, made by the same people who make Minis (though perhaps not as reliable as a Mini or a good AR; any AR less than $1000 is worthy of scrutiny).

This is coming from someone who's second gun was a Mini.
It's a great gun, but the market favors the AR.

Ultimately though, it's up to you.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.