[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Germany
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
If Germany had developed the stg44 before they started the war , could they have won?
>>
Just fucking stop.
>>
>>28023184
no, slight tactical advantage means jack shit in a war

also everyone else would have switched to assault rifles too within a year or two
>>
>>28023184
Germany had become too vilified by even the beginning of the war to win due to breaking all treaties and offers of peace by continued annexations. They could've 'won' or atleast persisted if they fought against solely communism as America would likely support them but by no means European domination even with better conventional tech. The only viable tech that would've made a major difference in outcome would be nuclear weapons.
Also not a historian, correct me If I'm mistaken
>>
>>28023292
Nah, the UK and France would have always opposed Germany's expansion.
Even if Germany hadn't invaded the Low Countries and France, and instead attacked the Soviet Union right away, the UK and France would have attacked and opened up a second front.
The entire reasoning behind the invasion of France was to close and eliminate the Western Front, so that Germany could focus a majority of its forces on the Soviet Union.

The war between Germany and the USSR was inevitable, both Hitler and Stalin both understood this. But unlike Hitler, Stalin was never going to perform the first move.
>>
No.

Small arms don't win wars, artillery and logistics do. All the stg44 would have done is increase ammunition expenditure and put a further strain on supply.
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 400x358) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 400x358
>>28023184
Do you see the fuckhuge country on the right of this map? That's the Soviet Union. There is nothing the Germans could have done to stop the Soviets once Adolf "biggest fucking idiot in the history of warfare" Hitler decided to kick them in the nuts.
>>
>>28023405
if germans would have went into full mobilization when the fucking war started. and ruskies hadnt gotten their shit from west. they would have been fucked. that big red blob on the map couldnt do shit alone after years of famine huge internal problems
>>
>>28023184
No, why would you think that? What lost them the war was not the losing of infantry engagements but all the dumb decisions hilter made on several occasions. If they had taken moscow before the fall of 1941 like guderian wanted, then the war would have looked very different.

Although honestly I'm not convinced that even taking moscow could have ended the war with russia, it would have still taken another year or so to push all the way to the foothills of the ural mountains and destroy soviet production capacity, and even then there would be no guarantee of soviet capitulation.

As a final caveat, the germans would still have been nuked if America came into the war as it probably would have. The only chance for german victory was to crush the russians and campaign hard for peace.
>>
>>28023405
>>28023378
Daily reminder that Stalin was building up his forces and would've been ready to invade Europe by 1945. The Germans realized this a preemptive strike on them.
>>
"If" the Germans did developed sturmgewehr, put them into service of German military, and... instead of Bombing London, but rather focus their military action and assist against soviet forces early on.

I'll say yes.
>>
>>28023184
Are you the same nazi fag that keeps putting up these stg44 threads all day?

I mean its a cool assault rifle but still it had no impact on the war, even if it were deployed before the war started.
>>
It sure as he'll isn't going to stop tanks, planes, and bombs from destroying heir factories that are producing the StG44

you are an idiot, OP, to have even conceived such an impossibility.
>>
>>28023184
smalls arms have never won or lost a major war.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.