[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Glock will grow larger. The New Zealand military will repl
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
File: glock.jpg (1 MB, 4694x2974) Image search: [Google]
glock.jpg
1 MB, 4694x2974
Glock will grow larger.

The New Zealand military will replace their SIG 226s with Glocks.

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/bites/290828/nz-defence-force-to-buy-new-generation-glock-pistols
>>
>>28022390
Wow, Glock just sold 15 more pistols to some ozzies, I'm sure they are thrilled
>>
>Replacing AuSteyr with AR
>Replacing DPM with embarrassing ACU knockoff
>Replacing Sigs with Glocks
>Still no literally air force
>Still woefully undersized navy
Nice priorities there, pham.
>>
File: 1431408080353.jpg (45 KB, 520x390) Image search: [Google]
1431408080353.jpg
45 KB, 520x390
>>28022408
>>
>>28022425
This

The SIG 226s were bought in 1992, why is there a need to replace them already?
>>
File: kiwi don't tread on me.png (10 KB, 800x625) Image search: [Google]
kiwi don't tread on me.png
10 KB, 800x625
>>28022425
>>
A secondary weapon system of one of the lowest tiers of weapon procurement

When it comes to pistols, as long as it fires bullets in a predictable direction, its passable.
>>
>>28022425
I think we also have a Cadpat alteration in service imo
>>
>Retention straps

VomitingAnimeGirl.jpg
>>
That stance doesn't seem very encouraging for NZ.
>>
>>28022390
fucking idiots
>>
>>28022390
I'm strongly considering on selling my sig p226 for a glock too tbqh familia
>>
>>28022390
That guy look very familiar, I've think I've meet him.
>>
>>28022782
>Trade in boat anchor with ridiculously high bore axis for a modern handgun
I don't see the problem
>>
>>28022425
>Still no literally air force
>Still woefully undersized navy
I'm gambling their idea is that Nato will cover that stuff and they'll provide warm bodies.
>>
>>28022756
It's also most likely to be carried by officers and they want to look good with their status symbol.
>>
>>28022775
that's actually a royal marine, you can tell by the royal marines commando shoulder patch.

new zealand soldiers don't even get that close to pistols.
>>
>>28022425
>implying a country that small should be buying ships and aircraft with the couple hundred billion in total GDP they have
>>
>>28022838
Well maybe someone should swim on down there and teach their Royal Marines how to stance without turtling up harder than a Magpul PR mascot.
>>
>>28022846
Yes I'm sure you know better than a professional commando
>>
>>28022862
Jerry Miculek sure does.
>>
Will they sell the Sigs to Kiwis that have the right permit?

Maybe export them to the USA?

I would love to have a NW milsurp p226.
>>
who cares? does any modern military actually USE pistols?
>>
>>28022875
Miculek is not human.

He is some sort of secret atomic android built by the CIA during the cold war.
>>
>>28022878
Nah, they'll destroy the old guns
>>
>>28022892
they could make money though.

what is the scrap value of them compared to selling them to burgers and canadians?
>>
>>28022890

He may be a man, but bionic and organic, not a cyborg.
>>
>>28022843
>implying a country surrounded by sea has absolutely no use for a navy
>>
>>28022915
That's what they have the Australians for.
>>
>>28022890
He's an android everyone can learn from if you have normal human shoulders and arms. This hunchback recessed-neck horse shit does not work.
>>
>>28022915
You seem to be missing the point, they can't have a massive navy. The country has half the population of New York City.
>>
>>28022901
>they could make money though.

they don't give a fuck.
>>
>>28022915
The Aussies have them covered and they don't have the funds for more navy/airforce hardware without neglecting other shit. They also already have a navy and airforce that suits them well/
>>
>>28022703
Because NZ actually uses its pistols. Look at the kind of missions the army gets involved in. The SIG Sauer are worn as fuck. The even load 13 rounds into the mags to make them last longer.
>>
>>28023000
That's a concern of replacing the magazine springs, not the failure of the entire gun itself. Glock mags fail too, just so you know.
>>
Speaking of New Zealand anyone got any good articles on their ACU ripoff pattern they adopted?
>>
>>28023000
friend of mine told me in afghan the officer in charge of the armoury wouldn't even let them be issued. and that was years ago. so i don't know i believe you.
>>
>>28023016
Don't know about articles, but heres the armys video for it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUToHNl3K2A
>>
>>28023136
One uniform for jungle and desert sounds like a terrible idea
>>
>>28023167
banging your mum sounds like a terrible idea but that didn't stop the army either
>>
>>28023136
Not bad. Looks a lot lighter than the pattern pictures I've seen online.
>>
$1.8M contract for 1900 pistols. That's roughly $950 per pistol. Are the kiwis getting boned or does their dollars suck? Do they get spare parts, too? How many extra mags? Anyone have knowledge with this type of procurement?
>>
>>28022846
The idea is that in most combat scenarios soldiers will be wearing body armour and a helmet, so a forward-facing, low stance is taught. Also taught to slowly advance on the enemy.
>>
>>28023792
Don't worry bout that, it's a common complaint from us about how it's far too light for anything besides tussock. They're looking at darkening it.
>>
>>28024511
Isosceles is perfectly fine, it's the neck strain and shoulder hunching that slows you down. You can put more accurate fire downrange if you relax your shoulders and bring the gun up to your line of sight. Forcing yourself into a cramp up like that will just put you in danger. You're already engaging the enemy with a handgun, make the shots count.
>>
I see NZ is suffering form budget cuts as well.
>>
>>28024362
Hopefully it includes training of the armorers by Glock personnel and spare parts. Otherwise they got gypt
>>
tfw glock will never try to improve their designs because they have no incentive to
>>
>>28022390
GLOCK offered them a great deal clearly. Oy vey
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.