[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bug Out Bags
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: 555.jpg (169 KB, 1155x1155) Image search: [Google]
555.jpg
169 KB, 1155x1155
Is this a good amount of ammo for a bug out bag? All I have is a 10/22.
>Also bug out bag general thread
>>
>>28020870
Personally I'd go with a different choice of ammo. I've found the sharp shoulder on those hollow points sometimes causes failures to feed in my 10/22. Nothing critical, but enough to shy away from as an only choice to rely on. YMMV.
>>
It's alright. With a 10/22, win ammo will suit you just fine.

What else you got in your bag?

I'd recommend a shotgun if you can get one. Moss berg is good.
>>
>>28020903
I'm gonna shoot some this weekend, just picked them up at cabela's for black friday. I'm interested to see how they perform.
>>
>>28020904
I have an 870, but I don't like the ammo weight. Other stuff I have in my bag is sawyer mini water filter, mountain house meals, self built first aid kit, ramen noodles, ust base hex tarp (shelter) various firestarting stuff, closed-cell sleeping pad, military poncho liner blanket, toilet paper, map of PA. That's everything I can think of off the top of my head.
>>
>>28020946
Good set. I assume the map of PA is not just erroneous, and it's nearby. As long as you aren't living in Arkansas or somewhere that it isn't applicable, good.

Oh, and: just remember your basic needs and how you want to live. See if you can get short-term (<1 week) of supplies and emergency necessities. Then, go for longer-term things. Vitamins, and things for procurement of food, water, shelter. Then, finally, communication, if you're into that. Radio, electric power, cooking tools, and repair kits.
>>
>>28020915
I get about one failure about every other 25 round mag. Again not awful, but other bullet types have worked better. CCI Mini-mags for example have a better hollow point design that's more rounded.
>>
>>28020870
>BoB
>.22

Dollars to donuts you're one of those fags who thinks you're supposed to be able to live indefinitely out of a BoB.
>>
>>28021010
Yeah, I'm in PA. I have about 5 days worth of food, I'm looking to get up to a week though. I'll have 4L of water on me, with a 2L bladder and a 2L surplus canteen that was my grandpa's.
>>
>>28021073
Obviously not. This is just to get me to a location with the rest of my group. The only guns I have are a 10/22, Rem 870, and a .30-.30. I just prefer the 22, but will take all three if I can.
>>
>>28021108
>This is just to get me to a location with the rest of my group.

Good. So many people get this shit wrong.

In that case I'd say you're good, just throw a handgun in there for 2 legged predators if you can.
>>
>>28021108
555 really might be more than you'd want for that. Snag 4 or 5 BX-25s and load them up, immediately usable ammo is far more important. If you really feel the need keep an extra ~100 loose ammo in reserve.
>>
File: 20150503_144047-1.jpg (1 MB, 1807x1527) Image search: [Google]
20150503_144047-1.jpg
1 MB, 1807x1527
>>28021221
For that little bit of weight, I think it's worth it. I have 450 rounds in a plastic bottle that takes up little space, and adds little weight. Knowing it's there is a comfort.
Pic related- my bottle.
>>
>>28021281
Well, not only that, but the bottle is a good tool for catching small fish for bait, among other things!

However, over 250 rounds might not be smart if you're just going for a BoB.
>>
>>28020946
Dump the ramen, it's got the nutritional qualities of cardboard. Replace with peanut butter and honey. You can also food up with cans of tuna and cans of sardines, packed in oil for extra calories. You didn't mention how much water capacity you have.

Half dozen contractor trash bags, instant campsite right there. Can of Sterno, because sometimes having instant heat can be a really good thing. A 6 pack of 8 hour camping candles doesn't hurt, either. One of those will keep a car or tent above freezing. If you have a tin cup, you can melt snow or make hot beverages over a candle. Which is why you want to have 20 feet of stainless steel wire.

Flashlight and headlamp, with battery cross compatibility. Make it a common battery size, too. Then get rechargeables and buy or make a solar charger.
>>
>>28021402
>cans
Get the packets nigga.
>>
>>28021402
How the fuck you gonna hold a tin cup that's been sitting on a candle and has hot liquid in it?
>>
>>28021598
>Not wearing either tactical or comfy gloves in a bug out situation
Plebe.
>>
>>28021598
>Which is why you want to have 20 feet of stainless steel wire.
>>
File: UDB_Tin_Cup.jpg (49 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
UDB_Tin_Cup.jpg
49 KB, 640x480
>>28021598
Maybe by the handle?
Kind of the fucking point of it being there.
>>
>>28021928
Metal.
Conducts.

Have you ever tried to hold a fork that'd recently been in the microwave? You should try it.
>>
>>28021968
I use a tin cup for my morning coffee. I've used them for cooking in the bush for decades. The handle is fine to hold. It would defeat the purpose if it was too hot.
>>
>>28021402
I've got tuna packed in oil. 3 cans. I forgot to mention that in the original, along with I have 4L of water.
>>
>>28020903
>>28021040

i only have problems with those in a BX-25, but no issues in my factory 10 rounders. I have not yet found a HP that feeds reliably in the BX-25.
>>
>>28021980
>fork in the microwave

Wut
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.