[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a total loser and don't know shit about guns. I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 13
I'm a total loser and don't know shit about guns. I recently moved out my parent's home and going to move to Colorado. Due to Colorado's murder rate I want to protect myself, here's my ideal gun.
>Pistol (easy to carry and I only shot this type in my life)
>Don't care much about caliber, but I want to cause as little damage to my home if I miss my target
>I want it to have a magazine carrying at least 8 bullets
>I want it to weigh less than 10 pounds
Suggestions?
>>
>>28016843
Sounds like you want a Glock 19
>>
>>28016863
Or a twenty
>>
>>28016843
you sound like a bitch

get something in .22
>>
File: AP_HFC_SP_118_G_lg.jpg (19 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
AP_HFC_SP_118_G_lg.jpg
19 KB, 640x427
>>28016843
>>
Miata
>>
your average pistol weighs like 1 and a half pounds m8, I guess a glock if you only want to keep it in your house. and a M&P shield if you want to conceal carry it.
>>
Pretty much anything from any name brand, so long as it's chambered in 9mm. There is nothing wrong with other calibers but 9mm has nice recoil and won't overpenetrate... not that most handgun rounds have overpenetration issues anyway.

The first guns that come to my mind are
>Beretta Px4 Storm
>Glock (not really a glockfag, consult your nearest glockfag for all your glocksucking needs)
>S&W M&P
>Ruger GP100 or SP101 if your in the mood for revolving. Despite what faggots say there is nothing wrong with revolvers.
>A bunch that I can't think of right now
>>
>>28016843
>Due to Colorado's murder rate
>colorado
>murder rate
u fuckin wot m8
>>
>>28016843
You are REALLY ignorant about the things you're talking about and the goals you're setting.
>>
>>28016927
>Colorado
>Full of whites
>Murder

??????? ?
>>
>>28016843
OP it sounds like you would end up NDing it into your leg. Stick with cartoons and bb guns.
>>
>>28016843
OP you do know that pistols, even giant ones, are under 5lbs?

Most rifles are right under 10lbs.

A heavy pistol is around 2lbs.

Glock 19, S&W M&P.
>>
>>28016939
Not sure what you're trying to get at, but CO's murder rate is like 3.3 per 100k. I'd be much more worried about robbery and shit than someone wanting to kill me.
>>
File: 400px-HK51K.jpg (32 KB, 400x229) Image search: [Google]
400px-HK51K.jpg
32 KB, 400x229
>>28016843
This would technically fit your requirements if you bought a semi-automatic version, you might want to get a little more specific.
>>
>>28016957
I'm agreeing with you but forgot to quote OP. Sorry pal.
>>
>>28016965
It's cool. But really, even down here in Pueblo where it's supposed to be "so dangerous" We get like 8 murders a year in a city of like 150k people.
>>
File: Yugo M92.jpg (785 KB, 1600x1066) Image search: [Google]
Yugo M92.jpg
785 KB, 1600x1066
>>
File: 1447518245341.jpg (10 KB, 236x179) Image search: [Google]
1447518245341.jpg
10 KB, 236x179
>Colorado
>Murder rate
You should be more worried about taking a dab to the face while you're there.
>>
>>28017012
These things are so fucking fun. I got to put a few magazines through my friends and I couldn't wipe the smirk off my face for an hour.

Ya, I couldn't hit shit with it, but I want one. With a wrist stabilizer they would probably make respectable home defense carbines too if you weren't a shotgun or handgun guy.
>>
>>28016843
>colorado
>getting murdered
Hahahahaha no. You're far more likely to get into a fist fight than offed. Just be careful and you won't have issues.
>>
how are the gun laws in colorado?
>>
File: 1413976117779.jpg (13 KB, 216x196) Image search: [Google]
1413976117779.jpg
13 KB, 216x196
>>28017040
>I got to put a few magazines through my friends
>>
>>28017310
>Not being friends with watermelons
>>
>>28016843
Just get a Glock.
>>
>>28016843

Get the book, "Principles of personal defense" by Jeff Cooper

Go to funz store and hold the following in your hand to check for comfort and ease of access to the magazine release, trigger, and any safeties.

Glock 19, 26, 42, or 43
CZ P01 or 75 Compact
Lionheart LH9
Ruger SR9, SR9c, LCR, LCP, or LC9
S&W M&P9, M&P Compact, Bodyguard, or Shield
Walther P99, PPS, or PPK
Bersa Thunder
Springfield XDS or XDM
Sig P238, P938, P229

These pistols are almost all 9mm but there are a couple that aren't. This is on purpose. The 9mm is usually the correct answer against human attackers if you can't have a rifle or shotgun.

Jeff Cooper didn't like the 9mm because of prejudice and the fact that he didn't live to see the advances in ammo these last few years, but other than that, the advice in the book is solid.

Get live fire training from a NRA certified trainer as soon as you can. Be safe, follow the law, talk to a lawyer, and carry responsibly.
>>
>>28016972

>mfw this year my 250k city has had no murders

Feels too calm, gonna have to start some shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>28017304
Good except for the retarded 15 round mag limit. Which no one fucking listens to anyway but it makes sourcing magazines more painful than it ought to be.
>>
File: 1426819935988.jpg (39 KB, 454x444) Image search: [Google]
1426819935988.jpg
39 KB, 454x444
>>28017352
>Jeff Cooper
>>
>>28016843
get any compact glack and decent defense ammo
>>
>>28017614
sounds good actually, i want to move there soon, good county to buy land in for a home range?
>>
>>28016929
that's why he's coming here you neckbearded faggot
>>
>>28017373
>tfw my village of 800 only has crimes that don't affect me
The slavery happening out here is insane, but at least I only have to carry for mountain lions and bears.
>>
>>28016843
Colorado's murder rate is 2 percentage points lower than the national average.
>>
>>28017665
Unless you're filthy fucking rich, you're looking at land out east, which is pretty much Kansas. Any property near the Rockies is going to be stupid expensive.
>>
>>28017789
>slavery
Tell me more anon, have the feds caught on?
I've always wanted to do something like that, seems like it'd bring home a pretty tidy pay packet
>>
>>28017914
As far as I know, only 1 guy is doing it, but it's very possible more are, rural colorado is a poor place that relies on tourism.
Last I heard, he basically goes down to jailhouses across the west slope, pays bail for no life losers no one cares about, then forces them to work for him without pay as "repayment". He then does something like give them an impossible task that they fuck up, or start telling them they need to pay for living at his hotel/restaurant, and they wind up staying, working for free for him because they have no money to move out, have no connections, have a criminal record, no time to apply for new jobs (they seem to be given irregular hours), and soon a giant gap on their resume. usually he keeps them about a year before planting drugs or something on them and getting them arrested again, he however seems keeps mexicans for a long time because their inability to speak to anyone about it.
He should really be in prison for all the illegal shit his does besides this, he seems to be the biggest problem besides drunk teenagers in this town. I think I'm one of the few who know about him because he is a social outcast that everyone reviles and refuses to talk to, I only know his bullshit because his kids went to school with me.
>>
>>28017973
Genuine question here, why not kill that person? He sounds as genuinely bad as a person can get.
>>
>Pistol (easy to carry and I only shot this type in my life)
>Don't care much about caliber, but I want to cause as little damage to my home if I miss my target
>I want it to have a magazine carrying at least 8 bullets
Literally any pistol ever.
>>
>>28017985
Firstly, my best friend is his son
Secondly, it's a town of 800 people
Third, I'd rather not commit a felony

Although some one might do it some day
>>
>>28018002
2 and 3 don't matter if you don't get caught and aren't known to dislike the guy.

Get decent with a hunting rifle, and shoot from afar.
>>
>>28018002
you can always call the feds on him senpai
>>
>>28016843
>Pistol
Is there even a production pistol that weighs 10 pounds?
I mean shit even the largest variant of the S&W 500 is like 5 pounds.
>>
File: Tromix-Saiga-SBS.jpg (148 KB, 750x410) Image search: [Google]
Tromix-Saiga-SBS.jpg
148 KB, 750x410
Here you go.
>>
>>28016843
I suggest you start with a shotgun in order to learn how to respect and take care of a gun. Start practising, get accustomed to the thing, have somebody teach you.

Then, eventually, you can start thinking about something you can carry if you feel unsafe.

But, frankly, all this thing about "muh parentz are moving... the place where we're goin' is dangerouz... I'm definitely gonna get raped"... all this whining tells me something about your anxiety. You have to learn to control your fears and make rational assessments.

Murder rate is high? Among which kind of population? Is it high everywhere or is it restricted to some specific areas? Etc.

E.g. rate may look high, but then you realize the countryside is safer than Switzerland and the problem is just with some neighbourhoods of the big cities.

Check your data in order to check your sense of safety.
>>
>>28016843
>less than 10 pounds
is there a pistol that weighs more than 10 pounds?
>>
>>28016843
Mosin Nagant M91/30
>>
File: mallninja-ar15-%22pistol%22.jpg (87 KB, 640x515) Image search: [Google]
mallninja-ar15-%22pistol%22.jpg
87 KB, 640x515
>>28018390
>>
File: hummer jump.jpg (83 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
hummer jump.jpg
83 KB, 1280x720
>>28016843
>Under 10lbs
Want to know how I know you're a fucking weeb who's never lifted anything heavier than a game controller?
>>
>>28016843
It doesn't have 8 rounds, but a Rock Island .38 snub-nose is pretty good. The grip is easily adjusted, it's light-weight, concealable, and cheap.
>>
Stay the fuck out of Colorado before you get shot. If you try any bullshit here cause you don't know anything about guns, you'll get shot.
>>
>>28016843
>Denverfag here
Plz don't.
We're full.
>murder rate? Lol. No we have shootings but most of the notorious ones are middle class young white guys, with a few gang shootings once in a while.
But seriously we don't want you. We don't need more outsiders fuck off.
>>
>>28016843
>only fired pistols
>worried about a nonexistent murder rate
>moving to LOLWEED state
>wants a gun
Op, you're a fucking idiot man-child and you should buy a .410/.45 Judge and promptly fucking shoot yourself
>stay out of CO
>>
>>28016843

Welcome to /k/, nobody here but the poorfag virgins like anime. Unless you want to derail normal threads, keep your fucked up backwards ass anti-american fetish to yourself.

Get an MKIII and leave it in your sockdrawar forever like every other overweight civilian retard that asks questions like this.

Go lift something heavier than your tenga egg you fucking idiot.

Sage goes in all fields.
>>
>>28021534
>Colorado
>Murder rate

I mean its not really a problem unless you are at a movie theater, school or planned parenthood clinic. Even then there is a small chance. I went to the movies just the other day and didnt die
>>
>>28019726
>>28021534

>being means for no reason

are you guys trying to fit in or something?
>>
>>28017973
That's fucked up. Drop the FBI a tip, anon.
>>
File: 1022.jpg (63 KB, 456x342) Image search: [Google]
1022.jpg
63 KB, 456x342
>>28021561

Nope. Doing my part to keep this board from degenerating further into a hangout for fatbody civilian fuckbags that have no business being anywhere near a firearm. Since 2011 /k/'s age demographic and OC production have both dropped significantly. Go find anyone here that's ever done long range shooting. Or built something that isn't an AR with My First Drill Press.

Like Colorado, OP, /k/ does not want you. It does not need you.

Beyond that, anyone that thinks a fucking sidearm is ten lbs needs to be castrated to prevent those genes from passing when he finally pins a real life woman under him and violates her womb to a chorus of weezing and throat grunts.
>>
Sorry that you're only getting "advice from sperglords and autistic tripfags.
>>
>>28021597

holy shit people like this actually post and believe what they say, christ i can't wait for when this stereotypical republican mentality meme dies off.
>>
File: 1357072719912.jpg (226 KB, 666x761) Image search: [Google]
1357072719912.jpg
226 KB, 666x761
>>28021597
You are that guy at the guncounter who is an asshole to young people.
You are the reason more people dont join this hobby
You are the reason young people arent standing up for rights.

OP may be a tard but you didnt appear into the world knowing everything about guns either
>>
>>28021628

And everyone over 25 can't wait for you to grow up and stop automatically assuming every adult you meet is so socially incapable of functioning that they base their hobbies, free time, and firearm purchasing habits out of escapist fantasies.

Your life is a lie and the fact that you take such serious offense to being called out for acting like a kid just goes to show me that you probably aren't responsible enough to own a firearm anyway.

When was the last time you took care of someone that wasn't you, anon? Or mother, of course. What have YOU done to better your community or self? Because from where I'm sitting with a DD214 and three gunsmiths working under me, I think I have the room to tell you that you're a fucking loser and your opinion is invalid.
>>
>>28016843
>Moving to Colorado
Thanks for driving my rent up even more
>>
Just what we need in Denver: More millennials that want in on weed and azzult raffles. PLEASE tell me you're making more than 30K a year, at least. We definitely need more poor bohemians here.
>>
>>28017625
Let me guess, you're knowledge of the man doesn't go any further than the scout rifle concept or the fact that the only 9mm he liked was the CZ-75.
>>
Hey OP
I lived in the Rockies 2 years
You don't really need a gun. A Sig in 9mm is a good choice. Pick a size you're comfortable with.

Most handguns weigh 2-4 pounds loaded.
>>
>>28019703
Can somebody explain to me how this isn't an SBR?
>>
>>28021721
Cooper's 4 rules of gun safety are on his Wikipedia page.
From memory:
>Every gun is always loaded
>Never allow a gun to point in the direction of something that you don't want destroyed
>Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target
>Know your target and what is behind it
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.