[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Societal collapse thread Who are you and how would you survive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 29
File: image.jpg (294 KB, 1000x668) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
294 KB, 1000x668
Societal collapse thread

Who are you and how would you survive in a world with no law enforcement or goverment?

Me;
>Swedish
>Family owns large house in the countryside
>Room for around 30 people
>Two hunting rifles with around 70 rounds of ammunition there
>On a peninsula, only one road there
>Everyone in the area know eachother
>Already somewhat self-sufficient with solar energy
>Honestly, I'd do pretty damn well
>>
>>28012898
>Swedish
youre already dead m8

praise allah before its too late
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 429x594) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 429x594
>>28012898
Lucky swede bastard, I'm gonna have to either scavenge In surrounding towns or survive In my wasteland of a desert that surrounds me, or just fuck everything and head north for the forest. My will Is strong to live though, and I have no fear of death, so I'll probably stay alive.
My mossy and collection of knives will suffice.
>>
>>28012898
>70 rounds
>hunting rifle
Good luck defending yourself from the hordes. You'd be fucked if you stayed there. Your only hope is to form an alliance with people you trust and get a shitload of armament to defend your position.

The only real way to survive is to outlast people. In the first few months there will be massive amounts of people wiped out regularly. Best thing is to go innawoods and keep moving/scavenging/hiding from the masses until the herds thin out.

I'd survive just fine on my own. But my wife will likely be a weak link. That's why I'm trying to train her with the weapons.
>>
>>28013099
hordes of what?
>>
>>28013798
Cultural enrichment squads
>>
>>28013798
People who didn't prepare
>>28012898
>70 rounds
damn, I've got well over 200 rounds for my vz2008, 150 for my nugget, 90 for my ar (today was range day) and ~80 for my pa-63 and i fell like i dont have enough. Stock up sweedbro
>>
>>28012898
Well I live in the middle of nowhere with a diesel generator and a well for water.
I'd be alright but I'd probably blow myself up trying to distill me some liquor.
>>
File: oh you.png (255 KB, 322x401) Image search: [Google]
oh you.png
255 KB, 322x401
>>28012898
>Two hunting rifles with around 70 rounds of ammunition there
Watch out lads, we have a real operator over here!
>>
Long Island New York. That's all I need to say.
>>
>>28012898
>how would you survive in a world with no law enforcement or goverment?

I don't intend to.
>>
>>28012898
>northern Saskatchewan
>45 minute portage from anywhere
>self sustaining aside from fuel for generator
>only use generator for half the year when the sun isnt out long enough
>occasionally pick up food depending on harvest/hunting season
>lottaguns
>lottasurplusammo
>qt gf

Id be alright, but winter would be kinda shit.
>>
>American
>post on 4chan and acquire my news through /pol/, /b/, and /k/
>watch anime to learn gun-kata
>have many guns, have shot them maybe twice (to preserve ammo)
>buy milsurp clothing because its made for soldiers and is always top quality because the armies of the world would buy no less
>AR15 has many top-tier accessories that haven't failed me yet between my photo shoots (dropped several times while transporting between backyard and living room couch, Surefire lit right up and Eotech is still probably holding zero
>shotgun with no choke because I want the biggest spread possible
>1200 pounds of Flechetes I intend to handload when S really HTF, because they go through anything
>mix of Vegetato, tropentarn, alpenflange, DPM, MUPS, and navy digital ensures I am always partially concealed no matter what environment I'm in
>80 rounds of ammo
I beat OP.
>>
>>28012898
New Zealand's a pretty stable place, so if for some reason, law enforcement and the government disappeared I think we'd be pretty quick to set up another.
My town is second or third largest in the country, but it's mostly white but with reasonable Maori population and a good size of immigrants. So the Maori will probably try and start some shit and may organize quickly into gangs.
Fortunately my Dad and I are pretty good shots, and supposedly we have a lot more ammunition hidden away that I've never seen, and a good collection of guns in man-stopping calibers, as well as a good assortment of .22 LR rifles.
We live near the edge of the city, with an Estuary on one side, cliffs and hills on the other, and in a mostly white/asian and well-off area. the hills have a few good spots to bug out into, if it ever came to that.
>>
>>28012898
>Societal collapse thread
Why don't we have SHTF/habbening threads about something that hasn't been done to death, such as alien invasions? They're about as likely to happen as societal collapse on a large scale.
>>
>>28014325
That's a good point anon.
>>
>>28013938
>he goes on /b/
>>
File: 1448654081945.jpg (53 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1448654081945.jpg
53 KB, 480x360
>Estonian
>National service as recon infantry
>Active in Defense League and IPSC
>AG-3F2, CZ P-07 and CZ Tactical Sport in immediate reach, 100 rounds for rifle, 1100 rounds for pistols
>3 guys from my Defense League unit live within eye contact from window, actually used to working together
>Bug out bag with a weeks rations, fishing kit, enough paracord for snares etc.
>Live in town so there will be a lot of fighting to link up with the rest of the unit

All in all, I'd say I'm prepared to put up some fight.
>>
>>28012898
>Irish
>Country house close to a busy road
>5 people living in, squeeze in half a dozen more
>Air gun and .22lr varmint rifle 100-120 rounds each
>Neighbour lives less than two minutes away with double barrel 12g shotty and .308 durr rifle
>decent amount of canned food hidden away cause i'm paranoid af
>>
>>28012898
>Who are you and how would you survive in a world with no law enforcement or goverment?

Much the same as I do now. Plenty of water, trees, arable land, cows and sheep to milk, coal near the surface. Friendly, decent people who looked after each other through thick and thin in the past.

I might have to go looking for the nest of the hawk/falcon thing I saw earlier. Plus kill the foxes that live locally, I want those wabbits for me.
>>
File: 1401136133975.jpg (44 KB, 814x500) Image search: [Google]
1401136133975.jpg
44 KB, 814x500
>>28013938
>/b/
>>
This scares the shit out of me.

Mother is on Dialysis
Grandmother is over 80
Possible future mother-in-law is a bad diabetic
I'm an only son and grandson

I've prepared as best as I can, but the first week of a true SHTF situation will be terrible for me.
>>
>>28014582
Work out where an insulin plant is.
>>
File: 1446646987117.jpg (57 KB, 552x665) Image search: [Google]
1446646987117.jpg
57 KB, 552x665
/k/entuckian here
I'll be just fine

>land fertile enough for row crops
>cows, sheep and goats for milk and clothing
>hogs for rendering fat and eating
>three good trail horses, one mare, 2 geldings (need a stud if I'm serious but fuck trying to deal with studs)
>tobacco and marijuana for trading and smoking
>decent corn liquor for trading and drinking (I'm getting better at making it but it doesn't burn clean enough for fuel)
>a few shotguns, handguns and rifles in all sorts of calibers for arming friends etc.
>deep stock of 5.56 and working on my 7.62 stock
>a little place near the green river
>three gravel roads away from the nearest paved road
>soapstone stove

It ain't much for this world but if it all gets ugly, it'll be a goldmine.

(takes out banjo and packs pipe)
>bah da ding dang ding dang ding ding dang dong
>>
>>28013877
>blow myself up trying to distill liquor
I could see that as a headline in the 5 o'clock news
>>
>>28012898
>take bug out bag with 10/22, 800 rds of 22lr, 5 days food, etc
>meet up with group of about 9 in central PA
>head down to North Carolina to meet up with rest of group
>we have about 100 guns, tens of thousands of rounds of ammo, lots of land with water source, about 40 people
I'd say we'd do alright
>>
>have alot of expereince for innawoods
>am really good with dogs (dont know what that serves)
>always have my camping gear in some what order
>am a backpacker (long distances bb)
>know how to live outside in all parts of the mainland US
>hunt as frequently as I like (mostly traditional recurve hunting, I stalk)
>built my own AK pistol and slapped on a bumpfire stock(because fuck you ATF :^)
>have only 100 rounds of 7.62x39
>have tt33
>own 50 or so 7.62x25
>am good with all of the tools I own (including my firearms
am I good?
>>
>>28015552
forgot to mention I am of being the cheekiest of breekiest of the stalkers :^)
>>
File: uhh guys.jpg (11 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
uhh guys.jpg
11 KB, 300x300
>>28012898
>only 70 rounds
Have fun dying.
>>
>>28015552
>built my own AK pistol and slapped on a bumpfire stock(because fuck you ATF :^)
You did SBR it... right anon?
>>
>>28014325
Fucking this.
>>
>finnish
>ex military and ex security
>live with my fiancee who knows how to shoot and has survival skills
>11 firearms
>1611 rounds
>tons of ALICE gear + BDU and ACU clothing
>enough food and water for two people to survive 2 weeks
>car in excellent working condition and is easy to repair
>currently working in vehicle repair industry
>dad owns an island with wind and solar power
>stepdad owns a farm in rural countryside
>both have firearms and ammo
>mother owns a summer cottage in the middle of nowhere

Yeah I'm good.
>>
>>28014325
Because an alien invasion isn't something you can fight or really survive. Chances are if they wanted to they'd exterminate us like wasps.
>>
>>28015632
:^)
>>
>>28014452
half this board goes on /b/
>>28013938
Shoot atleast once a week, you can have as many guns as you want but if you can't shoot for shit then what's the point.

Milsurp uniforms from different nations vary in thickness, material and overall quality. American stuff isnt bad especially the newer stuff, British and NZ wouldnt be too bad in your climate either nice and cozy.

Problem with wearing milsurp is you look like an asshole to strangers so keep that in mind.
>>
File: horror.jpg (66 KB, 528x792) Image search: [Google]
horror.jpg
66 KB, 528x792
>>28015848
>half this board goes on /b/
Objectively false.
>>
>>28013798
You're fucking Swedish, you're already dealing with the hordes.
>>
>>28014493
just dig a few covered pit falls and hang a bit of meat for the foxes, should thin them out a bit.
>>
File: ATFuuuuuuuu.jpg (3 MB, 2885x2164) Image search: [Google]
ATFuuuuuuuu.jpg
3 MB, 2885x2164
>>28015826
>yes? Anon in the everglades has an unregistered SBR? Shut it down
>>
>>28014717
Anon you should get one of those semen tubes for the horses, they're not alot but in theory you can keep it in cold storage until you need it. A better alternative to putting up with a male
>>
>>28015891
ayy lmao
pls no bully
>>
>>28013867
And here I was thinking I'm low on ammo. Did some range runs over the last couple of days.
around 1800 rounds of 9mm, Approx 450 rounds of 12 gauge, Approx 4500 rounds of .22 LR and finally only about 2200 rounds of 5.56. I need to stock up... It's amazing how much can be used up at a weekend at the ranges.
>>
File: ammoshelf.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
ammoshelf.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
Me:
>have 8,000 rounds of ammo
>have over 20 guns in the house
>don't have food or water stored
>I don't prep, I just like guns
>>
>>28016015
oh shit nigga
>>
>>28015938
Yeah I already have an ABS tank with several straws for cattle because we used to be a purebred Limousin breeder. I'm certified to AI but problem is I've only ever AI'd cattle and have no clue how to do horses. I also don't know how to heat sync them and that's pretty necessary if you want your straw to stick.
>>
>>28016015
I like that shelf, nicely organized.
>>
>>28015665
>Chances are if they wanted to they'd exterminate us like wasps.

I wouldn't bet on it. They're at the wrong end of a really long supply chain. We have homefield advantage. They have superior tech, sure. That worked out really well for us in Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan.

You wanna know how it'll play out? We'll die by the millions, but we'll eat their eyeballs. Then we're gonna take every last bit of alien tech, study it to fucking death, and make it our own.

Then, we're gonna load up and go find out where those scaly green slimy pink fucks came from.
>>
File: KLMK is best camo.jpg (42 KB, 344x563) Image search: [Google]
KLMK is best camo.jpg
42 KB, 344x563
>>28013938
>mix of Vegetato, tropentarn, alpenflange, DPM, MUPS, and navy digital ensures I am always partially concealed no matter what environment I'm in

>No glorious KLMK

Here lies Anon, he never stood a chance.
>>
>>28014717
Ciny fag with security experience. Will offer services for lodging and weed.
>>
>>28015979
Damn... I only have so little cuz you have to be 21 to order ammo online. I'm 19 so I'm limited to what my crappy walmart has in stock. (Read: I have no way of buying 9mm mak)
>>
>>28014582
My wife is diabetic . Insulin stays good for 2 years refrigerated. If you can get your hands on it off the bat you can stick enough for a little while atleast
>>
>>28017630
And if a habbening lasts for more than 2 years then you know the world is totally fucked anyway so there'd no point in living other than out of spite
>>
>>28012976
Not OP

The sandniggers are afraid of nature, I shit you not, most of them appear honest-to-god afraid of forests during broad daylight.
>>
>>28017658

I like that you have that attitude, that kind of thinking will free up resources for those who persevere.
>>
>>28017664
That would explain why they lurk only in cities.
>>
>>28012898
>New Zealander
>Number of family members own land and animals
>Most of them neighbors so semi secure
>One of my uncles ( the one im closest to ) collects firearms ( cold war typically ) including machine guns and has 10 000 rounds of allsorts
>have a few rifles and ammo myself
>parents have solar and sustained water and waste systems

About as set as could be? would just have to make it home.
>>
>>28012898

>how would you survive in a world with no law enforcement or goverment?

I already did once 14 years ago, it went quite okay
>>
File: northern_sweden.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
northern_sweden.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>28017664
>The sandniggers are afraid of nature, I shit you not, most of them appear honest-to-god afraid of forests during broad daylight.

This is the only reason i am still in Sweden. Most of the dindus has the woods and only want to shit up places like Malmö.

And the 24 hours of daylight during the summer makes it pretty hard for them to do that fasting until sundown thing.

Thank god for the cold and snow.
>>
File: white flight.jpg (69 KB, 500x326) Image search: [Google]
white flight.jpg
69 KB, 500x326
>>28018373
>>New Zealander
How is NZ like?

I am have been thinking about moving there since its one of the few white countries that doesn't have any mass immigration of arabs and african.
>>
>>28017658
>no point in living other than out of spite
But that is the best reason to live
>>
>>28012898

Need to start counting dem munitions in kilograms not pieces ... Or you fucked
>>
>>28017140
>Energy-based AR uppers
>space-faring A-10s and F-35s
What a time to be alive
>>
>>28018721

So many of the fuckers in Boden though.
>>
>live in Florida
>have 6 months worth of food for 2 that won't go bad
>2000 rounds of 556 1500 of 308, and 900 of 9mm
>2 rifles one handgun all suppressed
>5 life straws stocked up
>will probably die from West Nile virus and heat because Florida
>>
File: boden.jpg (70 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
boden.jpg
70 KB, 900x600
>>28018834
Yeah i know, i lived there.

Luckily many of the Somalis think that the military has their guns at home and they also think that the military is the highest authority (higher then the police) so i think the presence of i19 and a9 (located right next to the biggest ghetto) has a soothing effect on the dindus.

Pic very related.
>>
>>28012898
>70 rounds of ammunition

May as well not be armed. Like me, who is noguns ausfailian.

I would basically grab a whole bunch of food outta my cupboard, all the knives from the kitchen, my maglite and hop on my bike and gtfo. Have a few friends that are hasguns, but I would try to swing by local gunstore and see what happens to it, whether the guys hang around defending the place I can maybe offer to help if they don't just blow me away, if people loot I'll just fuck around the area as it has good hiding spots, you need to be armed in SHTF scenario and I can't count on getting to my hasguns friends in time.
>>
>>28018893
leo2 keeping the peace
Nice
>>
>>28018893
didnt know sweds fielded leos in afghan
>>
>One of the few Aussie hasguns
>Got a few rifles and a shotgun with ~ 1000 rounds for .22lr, ~80 for .223, and ~250 trap loads and like 30 BB loads, 10 slugs. Probably need more
>Get to parent's farm, gather them up
>Head to family friend's farm with shit loads of weapons and ammo out in the middle of nowhere
>Live there until SHTF is over

Their place is an hour by dirt road out of a 30 person town and another 20 minutes on their unmarked driveway. Plenty of deer and cattle to eat. Would be pretty comfortable really.
>>
>>28019078
Learn archery and get a bow. Would hate to use up irreplaceable ammo on putting food on table daily.
>>
>>28019286
Trapping is a thing.

Good arrows are far more expensive, less accurate, and less deadly.

A few thousand rounds of .22lr will catch pretty much all small game far more easily.
>>
>>28018721

I'm a "dindu" and I live in the Canadian north. 7k population. Going to take my Malinois out for a walk soon.

We're coming for you Sven
>>
>>28019325
Deer hunt with .22LR? Small deer? Yea and trapping too. Rabbit season all the time. Any fishing in area? Put food on table using resources that don't go away with each meal. Bows/Crossbows may not be as good as a firearm but lower signature and with care a renewable utility.
>>
>italy
>absolutely fucking nothing

Guess i'll end up being someone's cocksleeve
>>
>>28017140
Not him, but i think the implication was that they would attack us from orbit until there are few of us enough to not be much more than a nuisance, but i have xcom fantasies too sometimes
>>
>>28012898
>social collapse thread
>me
>swedish

op your society already collapsed
>>
>>28014582
I know those feels, brother.
I have my widowed mother and my grandmother living with me, both on maintenance drugs for things like high blood pressure and cholesterol. If there were even a long-term breakdown in social services, I would probably lose them both.
Get yourself a good cooler, and buy a bunch of those cold packs that freeze when you squeeze them. In a long power outage you could put refrigerated meds in the cooler with the cold packs. Extend the life of the meds a bit.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-08-17-12-34-49.png (368 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-08-17-12-34-49.png
368 KB, 720x1280
>>28014582
For you.
>>
File: bakerRifle.jpg (10 KB, 1054x222) Image search: [Google]
bakerRifle.jpg
10 KB, 1054x222
>>28012898
can you guys think of any problems with using a Flintlock rifle for hunting? IMO is the most advanced firearm you can make ammo for without needing industrial machines.
>>
>>28017140
>Then we're gonna take every last bit of alien tech, study it to fucking death, and make it our own.
fucking with alien technology is dangerous as all hell, It'd be like a caveman trying and take apart a nuclear reactor. Their tech could be derived from an understanding of physics that we just cannot comprehend simply because we're limited to a certain number of dimension.
>>
>>28017140

>he thinks a species that managed to travel this far would have any problem against balls of lead propelled by gunpowder
>he thinks they wouldn't look at our nuke arsenal as if it wasn't bootleg firecrackers
>>
>>28012898
Your pretty fucked, I couldn't count my ammo if I tried
>>
File: 1434408629560.png (256 KB, 579x527) Image search: [Google]
1434408629560.png
256 KB, 579x527
>>28017664
That seems to happen with all of the darker races. Once you get to a certain level of swarthy, all the woods seem to be haunted.
>Mfw I live in an isolated part of an isolated town in New England. If negroes decide to pour out of the cities, they'll stick to the roads. My town has three roads in, two of them are across bridges, and the third goes to an even more isolated town.
The bridges will be blocked, and be a perfect faral funnel if need be.
>>
>>28019549
>faral
Fatal. Fuck.
>>
>>28012898
>70 rounds of ammunition

What the fuck? That few?
>>
>>28019481
You think that'll stop us?

This is humanity we're talking about. We dropped nuclear bombs knowing full well that we had ABSOLUTELY no idea what the side effects would be, and when warned that it could lead to our atmosphere getting burnt to a crisp we still did it.

We won't give a fuck what the tech could do. We want to remove spacekebab.

>>28018766
>energy based Mosin Nagants
>no longer is the fireball simply a burst of flame from the barrel, it's a literal ball of fire being thrown out of the gun

>energy based m1garands
>pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew zing!
>>
>>28018574
Most Americans have never seen a 3rd world shithole. Their idea of SHTF doesn't include the abject poverty, misery, sickness, and that smell that comes with a lackadaisical approach to sewage.
A 90 day trip to some of Africa's disputed territories would rape some brains.
>>
>>28015552
>Committing a felony with a shitty meme stock instead of just converting the gun to full auto and adding a stock, which would carry the same penalty if caught.
>retard/10
Have fun dying when the police aren't there to protect you from your own stupidity.
>>
>>28012898
>survive in a world with no goverment
Better than I do now.
>>
File: 1368747252884.jpg (337 KB, 1191x1562) Image search: [Google]
1368747252884.jpg
337 KB, 1191x1562
>>28019078
The only difference between shot and slugs is time, brother.
>>
>>28019360
Ohh for hunting deer and cattle I can use larger calibers. The farm I'm planning on has plenty of stockpiled reloading gear. And it is off the grid anyway. So suddenly not having power and water is no difference. As I said, it would be pretty relaxing. No need to actually run a farm for profit.
>>
>>28019460
I've been considering getting a flintlock for just that reason. Maybe a couple rifles and a brace of pistols.
>>
>not having atleast 10,000 rounds for each rifle
>not having atleast 2,000 for each pistol
>not growing your own crops
>still thinking you're going to make it
>>
>>28019458
>Centrifuging
I don't think anyone who thinks it's called centrifugal force is credible.
>>
>>28018893

My ex lived in Boden, I'm from more infested areas, though not as infested as Malmö or such, but high levels of reds and bribes.

But yeah, A9 was a great help in making the area bearable.
>>
>>28019668
Anyone not knowing what a centrifuge or centrifuging is is not qualified to comment.
>>
>>28012898
I'm army and live on base in a rural area
Barring the base getting nuked I think we'd do perfectly well here
Become our own government
>>
>>28013099
So stupid. With everyone talking about Innawoods, EVERYONE will be innawoods and nobody will be in their homes. I'll let them battle it out innawoods while I'm cleaning my rifles sipping on a nice hot latte.
>>
>>28019549

Why though, I mean, there is nothing dangerous in the woods here. We have some foxes or a lynx around sometimes, that's it.
>>
>>28019460
No problems I imagine, they were used for exactly that throughout their history and people still hunt with percussion BP today.

I've even been considering machining a modern version of the Cookson/Lorenzoni/Kalthoff repeater designs recently - BP is easy to make post SHTF (less obtaining the sulfur), but making primers is difficult.
>>
>>28012898
>Be Canadian living at the very edge of an outer suburb of a large city
>armed to the teeth, ARs, handguns, shotguns, rifles, but no surplus weapons or anything that fires 7.62x39, so I may be at a disadvantage in the long term due to ammo shortage
>at least 500 rounds for every firearm if not more
>brand new fuel efficient vehicle
>very good extreme cold weather gear
>a few cases of MREs, emergency rations and water stockpiled plus a lot of non-perishables, water purification tabs, fuel tabs from camping

I'd be ok for a while, better than most. The winter will probably kill off a lot of people though and make some of them desperate, I guess I'd have to prepare for some serious combat against looters spreading out from the city.
>>
>>28013901
same here bruh.
>tfw 8 bridges to get off an island with 7.5 million people
>>
Why do you faggots always imagine SHTF like it'll start from today's conditions? If the gov't turns on you, it'll be gradual. They'll strip away all the things you like to post in these threads one by one and when you even realize shit has in fact hit the fan, you'll be weapon-less, registered, and living in a surveillance society where you can't even trust your family or friends.
>>
>>28018373
what is the guns law in NZ?
>>
File: facebook_1309691407.jpg (97 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
facebook_1309691407.jpg
97 KB, 720x960
>>28019687
>Logic
>Negroes
Pick one, and only one.
>>
>>28013901
>>28019918
You boys need to plan on liberating someone's boat, and heading for Connecticut.
As a Nutmegger, I'll tell you this: After you load all your provisions/people onto whatever boat you find, aim for the Connecticut river, and go up at least two towns. I-95 runs along the coast right there, and has the potential to be a major route for refugees looking for other people to "pay their fair share", as that kind likes to say. Make contact with the locals & find a vacant house. Lord knows there's enough summer people owning property there. Fucking pests.
>>
File: Gibsmedat.jpg (20 KB, 240x200) Image search: [Google]
Gibsmedat.jpg
20 KB, 240x200
>>28020008
Why do faggots like you always assume that the collapse will be gradual? See how that goes both ways?
People should plan for long term problems, like their retirement savings being stolen by the banks/government/employer. It's happened often enough. That's why we should all have very diverse retirement portfolios.
We should also all be prepared for short term disasters like floods, blizzards, fires, whatever your area is prone to.
If people are preparing for those two possible but unlikely events, why not plan for a quick collapse? It may not last long, but it's just as likely. An attack on the US power grid could have the country without electricity for 18 months or more. I can absolutely guarantee that government would have electricity, but who knows about the rest of us?
No power = no internet, fuel, or "just in time" delivery of food/goods. Cities MAY receive aid, but it probably won't be enough. The 'burbs and rural areas won't be cost effective to take care of.
How hard is it right now to buy a little extra to put aside, or learn how to garden, or hunt/fish/trap?
Look at these people. I bet they would have rather stayed home. I'D rather stay home, and be able to keep what's mine.
>>
>>28019687
Limedsforsen (Sweden) (AFP) - When he fled the war in Syria, Abdullah Waez dreamed of a new life in Sweden. But now that he's arrived, surrounded by a dark and cold forest, he says he's scared and doesn't see a future here.

Waez and 52 other asylum seekers were shocked when migration officials brought them by bus to their new accommodation on Sunday: a cluster of red wooden cabins in a forest in the village of Limedsforsen, some 400 kilometres (250 miles) northwest of Stockholm.

"We don't understand why they've taken us to the forest where it's so dark and so cold. When we first arrived, we were frightened and we don't want to live like this –- in the middle of nowhere," says Waez

The area's pristine nature, tranquil forest and clean air are normally cherished by Swedes who flock to the cabins during the winter ski season.

But Waez and the other refugees and migrants from the Middle East, Afghanistan and Africa were not having it.

"We don't like to stay in the woods, it's not our way," says Waez.
>>
>>28020643
I imagine trees would be a lot scarier if you came from a place without any forests.
>>
>>28017140
You are a fucking moron.

Supply lines don't matter worth a fuck when you're killed by an asteroid being rammed into the planet.

Or when a fucking factory ship sits out of earths orbit and shits out munitions which we are then bombarded with.
>>
>>28018728
More relaxed than Australia but still not that great. Most common thing you will get is Bolt actions and shotguns
>>
>>28019325
Make your own damn arrows, hand made arrows have been killing for far longer than any gun.

You can even make a crossbow if you want
>>
>>28012898
>yuropoor with some okayish rifles and little ammo
>one million hab. city and counting.
>2 NPP in a 75 km range
>shity urban area (turks, arabs and ukrainians)
>1 month worth of food, gas and one week of water (drinking cooking only)
I am fucked. Maybe I'll go full retard on the dindus here, sacrificing myself for a better world.
I noticed when hiking in forest, countryside or even mountains the total absence of arabs, nigers, few asians. Don't know if it's the fear of it or if they are totally urban populations without any knowledge of the nature but It should be pretty comfy to be inawoods in yurop, for the few patches of forest remaining.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1448589924351.jpg (40 KB, 720x644) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1448589924351.jpg
40 KB, 720x644
I'm in a fairly rural area but have a few neighbors pretty close by. Every holiday I can hear people all around shooting off guns. One guy has a Confederate flag (ironically his mom's from Laos), another has a Betsy Ross flag, another has a "COME AND TAKE IT" flag. I suspect some of them are preppers, but people tend to mind their own business.

Personally, we have lots of fun, largely milsurp and fudd guns, with 2 SKS's and I'm building an AR plus hundreds of rounds for all.

Also have lots of food stored away, probably a few months' worth, for me and some of my family.

I have a separate half-acre plot of land I'm trying to turn into a garden. Have a few fruit trees also.

I'm putting together a solid get home bag to keep in my trunk and a larger bag ready at home with more supplies and ammo that I can just throw in my back seat and leave.

Don't underestimate the importance of your neighbors (near or far). SHTF and they could be your greatest asset or your worst nightmare. But no matter how much you trust them don't reveal everything. Loose lips sink ships.
>>
>>28018734
Exactly
>>28017750
>implying I'd puss out
Naw m8. I'd make the new world my bitch
>>
>>28021202
Get yourself a water filter, or at least stock up on bleach/iodine to treat water. Find what catches your local pest the best. Around me it's rabbits and squirrels, which are easy to snare, so I've bought a lot of snare wire.
>>
File: russian burning soviet money.jpg (81 KB, 498x528) Image search: [Google]
russian burning soviet money.jpg
81 KB, 498x528
>no law enforcement or government
I stopped being interested in fantasizing about scenarios like that. It's just not going to happen in any first world nation. In reality a collapse would be a lot like the collapse of the Soviet Union. Everything would keep on chugging, but things would just get shitty for a while. There would still be cops and you'd still have to go to work every day, but your chances of coming back and finding that someone had broken into your house while you were gone would be significantly higher.

The most practical things to have in that sort of situation would be a decent carry pistol and a home defense weapon. Realistically you're not going to get into a pitched gun battle defending your home, so pretty much any shotgun, rifle, or good handgun would be adequate in the event of a home invasion.
>>
>>28019595
This, honestly. If you're gonna break the law at least do it right and go full fun.
>>
>>28019460
tumbera with nigrigged shotgun ammo (matchead propellant)
>>28020474
so you're going to rob the newcomers and build a floating fortress from their boats?

I live in a room in a shared flat in an area of glasgow, Scotland that's half muslim, a large number of roma and the rest is largely white migrants very few actual scots. I have a mora & blackjack. i could build some quad barrelled electric ignition matchhead propellant firearms. . kingdom of the blind & all that jazz.
>>
>>28020474
What if I'm on the south shore?
>>
>>28015848

>half this board goes on /b/

Is that the same "half" that also goes on /pol/? Not surprising actually, half of all people are of sub-average intelligence
>>
File: 2u7tqnY.jpg (39 KB, 1023x682) Image search: [Google]
2u7tqnY.jpg
39 KB, 1023x682
>>28023785
>half of all people are of sub-average intelligence
Only if there was zero deviation in the distribution. You're probably thinking of median.
>>
>>28020474
That sounds like a good idea but the only problem would be getting past New haven... Maybe taking the thames would be a better idea
>>
File: GetonMyLevelProle.jpg (121 KB, 1378x805) Image search: [Google]
GetonMyLevelProle.jpg
121 KB, 1378x805
>>28023785
>>28023862
if you have a 100 IQ, that holds true....

but if you have a IQ of 132, only 1 in 1000 people you meet will be as intelligent as you, and only 1 in 10000 will be smarter.

>mfw I got 27/27 questions right on a 30 question test.
>mfw I only ran out of time....
coulda scored higher desu.... Life is a lonely world for me...
>>
>>28023937
>using online IQ tests
>>
>>28023947
>not knowing I actually scored a 142 on the real world test
>butthurt cause you arnt a member of the International High IQ Society
stay mad fagget. a legit IQ test online coincides with real world tests at your local psychologist's office.

go try it out, and report back with what you get. But I bet you aint got the balls to do it and are gonna come up with some lameass excuse.

http://www.iq-test.com/
>>
>>28013887
Not assuming one shot one kill here, but 70 rounds will last you quite some time with judicious marksmanship.
Which HOPEFULLY will net you more ammo from the kills you scored
>>
>>28012898
>>Room for around 30 people
Can you take that many migrants sven?
>>
>>28015854
Show us numbers the prove this objectively faggot
>>
>>28023915
Stay out a mile or so until you get to the CT river. Wait until the tide goes in & ride to victory.
Avoid the Thames. The locals refer to the mud on the banks as "black mayonnaise".
>>
>>28023737
Cross overland to the boat, or grab a boat that has a fuel capacity to take you around. LI isn't that big.
>>
File: 1433212150088.jpg (3 MB, 1339x7228) Image search: [Google]
1433212150088.jpg
3 MB, 1339x7228
>>28022852
Any firearm is better than none. With all those migrants around, you should be able to find a black market one. Get a pistol, a few spare mags, and a lot of ammo.
>>
>>28012898
Grew up in the bayous of Louisiana. Now living in rural Alabama.

I lived in New Orleans during Katrina and eventually moved up to Alabama after that. Immediately got butt fucked by tornadoes.

Katrina sucked. Tornadoes really sucked (lots of debris to clear).

Supply-wise it doesn't look great for me. I've got guns, ammo, beans, and rice but not much else stored up.

But I've got experience and knowledge so hope that helps.
>>
>>28024046
It's a workable thesis, assuming you're not facing zombie-style human wave attacks.

Having a reloading setup wouldn't be a bad idea. Even basic Lee loaders for your main calibers can help. Then you want to augment that with some extra accessories. Reloading scale, kinetic bullet puller, micrometer or vernier calipers, and you'll have to make a universal decapping die. And a couple of reloading manuals, from different manufacturers.

With that set up, you can scavenge powder and primers even from ammo you can't use. If you get real lucky, you'll also get bullets in a useful size. The only fiddly bit would be decapping live primers without popping them.
>>
>>28023997
Not the op you replied to but you know IQ tests have little to no validity when measuring intelligence, theyre for figuring out if kids are retarded or not.
>>
>>28020714
Plowing an asteroid into the planet destroys all of that useful infrastructure and scatters all of those refined resources. Sure, somebody could do that if they just want to fumigate the planet so they can move in unhindered. The question is, how long can they hang around waiting for us to finish dying?

You're assuming that they have godlike tech, and everything's in perfect order. That's most likely not the case. Ever spent time on a ship? There's always something broken. They can sit up there and bomb us, but sooner or later they'll need to land. Most likely for water. When they do that, we get some payback. And we have all the water.
>>
>>28026369
jacob is that you?

all joking aside my buddy is from sliddel and moved to florence after katrina, their house got toally fucked up.
>>
>>28012898

After a day 1, I'm just gonna lose my shit, turn to cannibalism....I will spend the rest of my days in WA state. Stalking ppl with my ghilie suit and 10 /22 gonna ambush ppl, eat them and take their gear.
>>
>>28027049
How would you know what powder is in the bullets you find? powderFor instance, what does federal use in the black box xm193?
>>
>>28018867

Not having the superior sawyer filter.
>>
>>28014476
how does one get a .308 rifle in ireland without getting raped by garda scum
>>
File: IMG_20150131_151207.jpg (1 MB, 2027x3232) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150131_151207.jpg
1 MB, 2027x3232
Kinda fucked living within a smallish-city's limits, but
>4-6 handguns on deck, all 9x19 except for a .40
>couple .22lr bolt actions with optics
>12 gauge w/ folding stock
>Easily 1k rounds of 9mm and .22lr each
>Maybe 200 shells/rounds of 12g/.40 each
>Mobile Reloading set-up for practically all straight-walled cases plus some others
>should mention a few hundred brass cases and bullets, over 1k primers, couple pounds of Unique powder (ultra versatile)

>2 vehicles on deck
>4x4 SUV and a Lincoln interceptor
>both packed with some essentials but no guns/ammo (foolish in my neighborhood)

>Camping gear out the ass
>5 gallon bucket of emergency rations + my fridge, etc
>lifestraws and sawyer minis
>legit toilet paper stockpile, b/c I love baby wipes but they dry out
>solid first aid supplies but half-assed 'medical' supplies (advanced shit, prescriptions, etc)

Got some pretty well-rounded preps. Skipped a lot of tactical shit (no real fighting rifle, plates, nightvision) But I hit the range with my brother weekly. I already carry and he's about to start, and I'm a huge advocate for the practicality of a handgun. The reloading set up was a welcome gift what with how much we shoot. Even after 5k rounds total, we're just leaving the beginner stage for intermediate I'd say. Now it's less about basics, more about teamwork and movement. Can't even describe how much my confidence with handguns has grown. So comfortable with them that rifles feel like cheating, I don't even have dreams about long heavy triggers or malfunctions any more. And the other day we went out and made sure out .22s were zeroed.

I guess the most important aspect is that, because my brother and I live together, I have a built-in partner. We train together, trust each other, and know each other's minds. If SHTF, we'd take our 3 pups down to Florida where my pops lives on the intercoastal waterway and become privateers
>>
If ammo production goes to shit during societal collapse, everyone's gonna be looking for other people with ammo. Don't be preyed on by bullet farmers, kids.

>pic related
>>
File: IMG_20141017_171359.jpg (1 MB, 3342x2072) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20141017_171359.jpg
1 MB, 3342x2072
>>28027760
I have at least 2 others in the area I'd hope to connect with:
>older brother, kinda far (1h drive) but knows he should get his ass to us ASAFP

>family friend that's a mechanic
>changes oil/other minor upkeep on our vehicles for nothing but some reefer
>actually just changed my timing belt, did an awesome job timing my engine, really proved himself
>knows we want him should anything happen

Sadly, my best bro just got a job in Baltimore, so, unless he's home/local for the holidays, rip in peace my trigga

saged
Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.