[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I bought my first semi-automatic shotgun. It's a Winchester
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: WP_20151122_019.jpg (1 MB, 1456x2592) Image search: [Google]
WP_20151122_019.jpg
1 MB, 1456x2592
So I bought my first semi-automatic shotgun. It's a Winchester m140 (pic related). I have a couple of questions if /k/ want to help me out.

Can I shoot without a reducer on?

Can I shoot both buckshots and birdshots with reducers?

How do I tell reducers apart? Which one reduces more and which one less?
>>
>>27958226
Wat
>>
And by reducer I mean "chokes".

(Europoor here and english isn't my native language).
>>
>>27958291

You know the removable chokes that determine the spread patterns?
>>
>>27958226
>Can I shoot without a reducer on?
No you will damage the threads

>Can I shoot both buckshots and birdshots with reducers?
You can shoot most shot with chokes on slugs are a little different. With slugs more open chokes are fine tighter ones are not

>How do I tell reducers apart? Which one reduces more and which one less?
Usually the have notches around the rim. More notches usually means smaller opening.
>>
File: WP_20151122_001.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
WP_20151122_001.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1456
>>27958370

Thank you.

>No you will damage the threads

What is the case with a full choke shotgun / non changeable choke that is integrated on the barrel?

Pic unrelated. Also got my first semi-automatic rifle (on the right). It's a Swedish Ljungman AG-42B. Real fun.
>>
>>27958488

>(on the right)

And of course I mean on the left. The shotgun is on the right.
>>
>>27958488
>Europoor with some guns
just wanna say good for you anon. I'm sure it may have been an ordeal and I commend you for sticking with it. Don't forget to cultivate some converts
>>
>>27958488
Full choke is fine with any shot, rifled slugs should be fine but expect some accuracy loss.

Basically the only bad things to watch out for in shotguns is 100 year olds and steel shot, and extra full or greater chokes with buck/slugs
>>
File: WP_20151122_021.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
WP_20151122_021.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1456
>>27958504

I started my shooting hobby this march and I have 11 guns atm. I had to get a permit for each one and they aren't free either. I also had to threaten one police with court, had to write a complaint of one police and had to write 5 pages long extra clarification report to get that rifle. Fucking sucks. And now EU is trying to ban semi-automatic guns!

I know NRA can't do shit for me because I live in this shit hole Europian country but I just wanted to join anyway to help fight the cause. I got a free hat and this bag though.

Also I got one friend to get a hunting license and he is now applying for a pump action shotgun and Ruger 10/22. Hopefully he will get his pemits so I can get a range buddy.
>>
>>27958573
The best thing anyone can do is introduce people to the sport and help them, this is the only way gun culture outside America has a chance to survive.
>>
>>27958537

Thanks /k/omrade. I really don't know much about guns but I'm trying to learn something new now and then. /k/ has really helped me out and got me interested in guns.

>>27958608

True. Me and my friend testing my "new" guns today for the very first time. I guess it's easy to guess which one I am. Nobody "normal" dress like I do around here. People give me looks when I stop by at gas stations and stores sometimes without changing to normal clothes.
>>
File: WP_20151122_003.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
WP_20151122_003.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1456
>>27958638

And the picture.
>>
>>27958647
Ha its like this in Canada but right is inna city, left is inna woods. If you leave any big city you look so out of place.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.