[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the appeal of Glocks? I think they're ugly,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 11
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3008x2000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3008x2000
What's the appeal of Glocks?

I think they're ugly, cheap and unsafe.
>>
What's the appeal of the OP?

I think he's ugly, cheap and a kek.
>>
>>27956760
Sage
>>
>>27956760
I like the looks of the 26 and the 34, but the other models are just meh,
>>
>>27956760
>ugly
Yes
>cheap
while not the cheapest, it's the cheapest pistol with this kind reliability
>Howisthisabadthing.tar.gz

>unsafe
Nah
>>
My only problem is that they all look the same.
>>
> ugly
Am I the only one who thinks glocks are nice looking? Simplicity
>>
>>27956797

>while not the cheapest, it's the cheapest pistol with this kind reliability
Makarovs.

Glocks are also pretty notorious for people having NDs with.
>>
>>27956812
>blaming human error on a firearm
>>
>>27956760
>unsafe

Keep your fucking booger hook of the bang switch you inbred. Also, I think they look nice in no frills utilitarian sort of way. Like a just fuck my shit up gun.
>>
Sa imi sugeti pula
Semnat cel mai mare pularau
>>
File: IMG_1148.jpg (314 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1148.jpg
314 KB, 1280x960
>>27956808
Nope, I love the look of my 19.
>>
>>27956812
Implying that Makarovs are more practical then glocks which use common to find in the US ammo and not some exotic com block special round

>wut
>>
>>27956812
This >>27956819
People are retarded.

>>27956812
I could not advocate for Maks as I know jack shit about them.

>>27956828
>confuses reliability with practicality
Do yo need help to get dressed every morning, Anon? Genuinely curious.
>>
>>27956819

All safety issues with modern weapons are down to human error.

>>27956828

>Implying that Makarovs are more practical then glocks which use common to find in the US ammo and not some exotic com block special round

Reading comprehension.
>>
>>27956860

>People are retarded.
Well of course people make dumb mistakes with guns.

An "unsafe" gun, in my mind, means one that is easier for people to make dumb mistakes with.
I don't think anyone's arguing that Glocks just randomly go off or anything.
>>
>>27956875
To me an unsafe gun is one that may malfunction and fire when the trigger is not physically or purposefully pulled.

Take the Remington 700's action for example. Most people will be okay with them, but there are those that have had issues with the gun firing on its own.

As much as I love savage rifles, I do have to say that I was finger fucking a model 10 that I was thinking about buying. As I was checking it out, I was working the bolt. As I closed the bolt, I heard the break of the trigger. I didn't have my finger on the trigger.

That, anon, is an unsafe gun. Now, not ever Savage is going to be like that, but it definitely did not strike me with confidence so there was no way in hell I was going to buy that.
>>
>>27956919

Well then it would seem that we only disagree semantically.

I just can't really think of a better word for "more prone to user error".
>>
>>27956919
I'm with this guy

Safeties on a gun give a false sense of security. You can disengage them by accident, forget to engage them after chambering a round, etc etc.

No safety (like the Glawk) should have the owner very conscious about trigger discipline.

My preferred gun is SA/DA Sig P226
>always ready to fire
>hammer to cock so niggers know I mean business
>crispy SA pull after cocking the hammer
>still safe with a decocker
>>
>>27956980
Yup, I love my Glock 19. But my edc is a P239. DA/SA with no manual safety is my preferred action and my preferred method of carrying. I love the Beretta 92/M9 but I don't want to deal with a safety and transitioning back and forth between a DA/SA with a safety and without since I have owned 3 Sigs and that is what I am comfortable with.

Plus, I'm too lazy to go through the process of ordering a 92G online.
>>
>>27957051
E-fucking-xactly.
MAC posted an in depth video on the 92 last week, that finally explained the safety in such a way I finally understood it. It shouldn't be that hard.

What condition do carry you carry your P239 in?
6+1 Hammer down?
>>
>>27957085
It's 8+1 and hammer down. I also have to unholster every day and place my gun in a lock box in my car when I get to campus and then reholster when I get back to my car.

DA/SA without a safety has never been an issue and I feel entirely confident in the platform. Proper trigger discipline has just become second nature, as it should for all gun owners.
>>
>>27957153
I feel like I have found a long lost brother.
>>
>>27956808
with you, I think glocks are beautiful.
>>
A Glock's beauty is it's reliability and simplicity
>>
>>27956797
>cheapest pistol with this kind reliability
Just no. I could give you a list, but the point is even my keltec will eat anything no matter how shitty. Glocks are more a gentle meme these days
>>
>>27956760

>Ugly
Meh. Looks like a gun. Nothing special but they're not designed to be pretty.

>Cheap
Affordable for sure. But cheap? No. cheap implies shit quality. Glocks are tanks, if you refuse to believe that you're retarded.

>Unsafe
No. Pull trigger go boom. Finger off the trigger = no boom.

They are streamlined guns that are very comfotable to carry, out of the box accurate and have unparalleled aftermarket potential. You don't have to like them but saying they're objectively bad is ignorant as fuck.
>>
>>27956819
>thinks he's impervious to human error
>doesn't realize he's human

>>27956822
>let burger hook off bang switch meme
>implying safeties aren't for reholstering
Almost as bad as
>let train more meme
>still recommends the gun that requires a lot of training to a noob he knows won't do it
>implies you can ever be 100% trained
>that 1% chance may occur to you at some point, as it has to a lot of professionals
>>
File: 1447808279943.jpg (15 KB, 621x569) Image search: [Google]
1447808279943.jpg
15 KB, 621x569
>>27956760
Sage.
That's your opinion. They're reliable, and they're plenty safe as long as you're not a stupid motherfucker. They're not meant to be pretty, they're meant to get the job done, and the look good enough for what they are. No go back under your bridge.
>>
What is a good appendix g19 holster?
>>
>>27956827
Same. Personally I think we've been inundated with depictions of operators operating with Glocks for so long, it just registers to our brain that it looks right.
>>
I have a question.

The stuff that strikes a bullt is hidden or what?
>>
>>27958018
>You don't have to like them but saying they're objectively bad is ignorant as fuck.

This.

I don't currently own any Glocks, but have owned several over the years. They do the job, are very reliable and have reasonable accuracy. Trigger is OK and people overstate the ugliness of them. They're utilitarian pistols that do everything you need them to.
>>
>>27960499
hammer, that's the word
>>
>>27956760
For a long time, I stayed away from Glocks because they were blocky and ugly, and when I held the 17 I immediately wanted to put it down. Then one day this guy at the range let me hold his G19 after I started a bit of shit talk about Glocks. I loved the way it felt, then he let me shoot it. It was instant love. I've never gone back and a G19 is now my mainstay. It's look has also grown on me.
>>
>>27956819
If one firearm is more susceptible to human error than another there's flaw with that firearm
>>
>>27956760
They work.

They last.

And beauty is based on opinion.

It's only unsafe, when you unwittingly depress the trigger.

If you ND, you are a fucking moron.

It's a tool. It goes bang. Why are you bitching?
>>
>>27956760
>unsafe

*insert memepic of Eric Bana's safety*
>>
>>27956824
esti jelos ca nu ai glock in cacatu de romania? sa imi sugi pula mea
>>
VERY UNSAFE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0_qdJ4IDI8
>>
File: if only.png (287 KB, 586x296) Image search: [Google]
if only.png
287 KB, 586x296
>>27956760
>think they're ugly, cheap and unsafe.

>ugly
ok thats fine thats your opinion

>cheap
not everybody can afford an 800+ dollar gun

>unsafe

the gun is on safe at all times except when you pull the trigger.
>>
They're sexy, inexpensive, and very safe. I bought one for the nightstand because I don't want my GF having to worry about flipping a switch safety, or ever having it not fire, when it should. I've fired a lot of handguns, and while lots work, there's also lots that don't, and can be finicky.
>>
File: CNVD-T2.jpg (59 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
CNVD-T2.jpg
59 KB, 400x300
>ugly
Subjective opinion. Doesn't matter if all you care about is a working gun.

>cheap
Cheap to buy, but the quality is there. They are top tier in price to reliability ratio.

>unsafe
If you're using it, your pistol is either in your hands or in your holster. A holster will cover the trigger, and if it's in your hands, keep your finger off it. Simple. Get a solid plastic holster like a Safariland if you need retention or some well fitted kydex if you don't. SERPA holsters are a bad idea because people push too hard and their finger slips into the trigger guard on draw, or they get jammed up with sand and you have to push really hard to get it out, where the same thing happens. Leather holsters will also bend into the trigger guard and disengage the trigger safety upon reholstering, which is often how people shoot themselves with Glocks.

Their appeal is really how reliable they are compared to how inexpensive they are. HK is more reliable, but over twice as expensive. Glock is an assembly line gun with tight tolerances for how its made., Something like a 1911 needs to be sloppy as fuck in order to be made cheap, or $2000+ in custom workmanship in order to run anywhere near as good as a Glock.

You get the old Glocknade meme occasionally. Because Glocks greatly outnumber the number of alternative handguns, you get more instances of failures like those.
>>
>>27956819
>blaming human error on a firearm

some things are more susceptible to human error though. Glock Leg is a real thing.
>>
File: bic_lighter.jpg (26 KB, 388x367) Image search: [Google]
bic_lighter.jpg
26 KB, 388x367
>>27956760
Glocks are not the prettiest eye candy, nor are they the best pistol. But like I read in some gun rag a couple decades ago, they are the Bic lighter of the pistol world. They are affordable, reliable, pretty rugged, easy to use and fits most peoples' hands.
>>
>>27956760
>unsafe
>not being able to trust yourself without a manual safety
Sounds like you need to work on your confidence, anon.
>>
>>27956760
>unsafe
No, if you need an active safety because you can't keep your boogerswitch off the elastic release actuator it is *you* who are unsafe.
>>
>>27956828
You got the greentext backwards. You should have greentexted the first line and not the second.
>>
>>27956760
>glock thread

I just got a vanilla glock 19, and I'm shooting tight groups. So that is a happy time. The only complaint is that I'm shooting to the left of where I am aiming; has anyone else had a similar experience? Were you able to figure out what caused it?

When shooting my Stoeger Cougar, I am hitting where I'm aiming.
>>
>>27956812
Makarovs have low capacity, they are heavy for their size, and they use hard to find ammo.
>>
>Not carrying a portable bucket of sand strapped under your holster in case of NDs
>>
>>27956760
I mean I kinda agree. Yeah they are ugly, however I would trust my life to a Glock, and yes they are safe.

I personally would never own one though, not because they're unreliable, quite the opposite. But because its ugly and blocky. Plus the community behind them is oneof the.most cancerous ones.
>HEY MAN, YOU DONT OWN A GLOCK? WHY NOT? ITS THE BEST GUN EVER MAN HURRRRR
>>
I think Glocks are the best looking pistols
>>
>>27963416
>HEY MAN, YOU DONT OWN A GLOCK? WHY NOT? ITS THE BEST GUN EVER MAN HURRRRR
>HEY MAN, YOU DONT OWN A 1911? WHY NOT? ITS THE BEST GUN EVER MAN HURRRRR
>HEY MAN, YOU DONT OWN AN AR15? WHY NOT? ITS THE BEST GUN EVER MAN HURRRRR
>HEY MAN, YOU DONT OWN AN AK47? WHY NOT? ITS THE BEST GUN EVER MAN HURRRRR
>HEY MAN, YOU DONT OWN A MOSIN NAGANT? WHY NOT? ITS THE BEST GUN EVER MAN HURRRRR
>HEY MAN, YOU DONT OWN A CZ75? WHY NOT? ITS THE BEST GUN EVER MAN HURRRRR
>HEY MAN, YOU DONT OWN A SIG P226? WHY NOT? ITS THE BEST GUN EVER MAN HURRRRR

Fanboys exist for literally every gun.
>>
File: IMG-20151123-WA0002_1.jpg (41 KB, 496x462) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20151123-WA0002_1.jpg
41 KB, 496x462
>>
>>27963100
>they are heavy for their size

I remember when gun owners weren't pussies scared of holding anything weighing more than half a pound.
>>
Pretty much any modern gun is 'safe'.
>>
>>27963436
>HEY MAN, YOU DONT OWN A MOSIN NAGANT? WHY NOT? ITS THE BEST GUN EVER MAN HURRRRR

Not sure that exists. It's be pretty laughable unless they were specifically talking about Finn mosins.
>>
>>27956760
But OP! Haven't you heard that the glock has three internal safeties to prevent accidental discharge in case of external trauma? The Austrian made glock is a simplistic design that uses lightweight polymers and the unique back straps to fit any hand size while being easy on your arm! Not only is it used by about 65% of the police force here in America, it's also perfect for home defense as well. A smart buyer with a glock 19 or small glock 41 sf can take down any potential attacker with ease.
>>
>>27965453
Mattv2099?
>>
>>27965600
Don't even know, but it's tasty.
>>
File: 2015-09-26 18.01.25.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
2015-09-26 18.01.25.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>glocks dont jam

n1
>>
>>27965688
Common anon, we all know you put that there.
>>
>>27965699
there are people here that can confirm i didn't but after this i got mad
>>
i don't like how people say they're affordable. typically go for $550 new, maybe $500 depending on the model, while the m&p and the fns go for $400.
>>
>>27960513
No, not really
It does what it was designed to do
People are just retarded
>>
>>27962000
How is something more susceptible to human error?
Retards are gonna ND with any pistol
>>
>>27965688
>What is limp wristing
>>
>>27962000
before glock leg it was called 1911 leg. It's all police fudd lore. NDs can happen on any platform
>>
>>27956827
What knife is that? It looks pretty nice
>>
File: 2015-11-06 13.03.02.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-06 13.03.02.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>27966155
invest in a glock knife
>>
>>27956760
>ugly
Only a matter of taste.
>cheap
Maybe in cost, but I have never been disappointed in the fit and finish of any Glock I have handled.
>unsafe
If you're a retard who can't keep their finger off the trigger or habitually chamber check, you shouldn't be handling any firearm.
>>
>>27956806
Is the glock the Asians of pistols? Are bland and samey?
>>
File: 1445823236513.jpg (67 KB, 700x460) Image search: [Google]
1445823236513.jpg
67 KB, 700x460
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.