[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gentlemen, welcome to Dubai.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 9
File: HNDMkcK.jpg (1 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
HNDMkcK.jpg
1 MB, 3840x2160
Gentlemen, welcome to Dubai.
>>
Still one of my favorite games to ever be made.
>>
Gameplay was shite, but the story was pretty damn good.
>>
>ptsd
>real

literally a meme """"""disease"""""""
>>
>>27955067

Tumblrinas with a victim complex trashing the public's perception of PTSD doesn't disprove the existence of war-born psychological trauma.
>>
>>27955012
I absolutely love that game.

Seen nothing wrong with it at all except I Wished it had a longer story mode to it and more options and choices to it but overall it was a very well done game.
>>
>>27955012
What would antman say if he was still alive?
>>
>>27955083
Exactly what the poster above you would have said.
>>
>>27955081
The multiplayer could have been better.
>>
>>27955092
Multiplayer was never supposed to be made originally but the guys funding the game threw a shitfit at the thought of a game without multiplayer.
>>
>>27955088
And what my friend would make you say that?

>>27955092
Yes I agree the multipleplayer should have been worked on more and should have given more time into development before releasing the game but overall it was a nice game to kill some time with.
>>
>>27955012
>"Welcome to Hell, Walker."
>"We've been waiting for you."
>>
>>27955097
What's with the name?
>>
Game play was generic third person shooter
Story was slightly above average
>>
>>27955100
That mate is an interesting one to speak about but to save the trouble of typing it all out on a late night with you friends I will simply say that alot of people nicknamed me the Tasmanian Devil for well the way I acted when I was young but my mother was the one that gave me the nickname because of my wild behavior and crazy side of everything.

Used to be picked on at school though but they quickly stopped when they found out why I have that name.

It fits me well actually.
>>
>>27955104
Let me guess.

You put on psychotic drugs?
>>
>>27955012
The WP scene was the most retarded edgy scene I've ever seen a video game.

If they had used frag instead of WP the result would have been the same; dead civilians, instead they made it out as if WP was the cause of it.
>>
File: uh okay.png (30 KB, 392x349) Image search: [Google]
uh okay.png
30 KB, 392x349
>>27955012
I didn't get all the praise it got for the story. It was just heart of darkness, but extra cringey with bad voice acting in the sand. Gameplay was pretty uninspiring too.
>>
File: 1443692917258.jpg (9 KB, 200x196) Image search: [Google]
1443692917258.jpg
9 KB, 200x196
>>27955012
I wish it would be sold here in my country. I don't understand why it is banned.

It doesn't seem to have any hateful content. Although a destroyed Dubai is slightly offensive to behold.
>>
>>27955109
A collection of crispy civs looks gnarlier than meat jelly.
>>
>>27955104
stop tripfagging.
Now.
You have nothing to add pertaining to /k/
anon is all that /k/ needs
>>
>>27955108
Actually no to tell the truth.

Never was put on any of those type of narcotics before but I have had several medications that helped with my thinking pattern and my focusing skills and as well my nerves.

I'm not some trever phillip guy or anything but I like to enjoy life as much as I want.

We all only get one life.

Let's use it wisely.
>>
>itt: samefag by a trpfag for attention
>>
>>27955114
Then filter me.

Besides the game was fun very fun but it should have a longer story to it and even maybe a extra mode were you play as the other characters and you see through their views in the situation but anyhow it gets above average on story and gameplay but it should have done more on other modes to it though.
>>
So where in the game was I supposed to feel bad?
>>
>>27955122
None from what I can tell.

Unless you count the part were you drop the phosphorus weapon on the civilians then I would guess that would add to the feel bad part.

But it was a game that was aimed at trying to make the player feel bad but it depends on how you see it for yourself.
>>
>>27955131
Will you shut up already fuck
>>
>>27955104
This isn't reddit, no one cares about your blog. Unless your trip is relevant to the thread, it should be removed.
>>
>>27955131
Where did all this 'it's saying what a bad person you are' shit come from?
Hell no one in the story is 'bad', walker wanted to be a hero and save people but got in over his head, the CIA are scrubbing the city in case anyone wants to retaliate over the mistakes the 33rd did and the 33rd fucked up a evacuation effort, finally the civvies are getting jerked around left and right by anyone and everyone.

No one is 'bad'.
>>
>>27955145
Exactly.

But the critics and most other people would not see that as much as you described how you say.

No one was the badguy in the game it was just survival.
>>
>>27955156
How many cocks do you suck per day?
>>
>>27955111
Just buy a key on some dodgy website and activate it with a VPN
>>
I never bought into the game trying to demonize the player and if that was the intent then it was horribly implemented.

It did do a good job showing Walker's descent into madness though and the transition of the characters can be felt very well as the story progresses.
>>
>>27955111
What are gun laws in the UAE?
>>
>>27955145
>the 33rd fucked up a evacuation effort,

I don't remember much, but I thought that the evacuation order was meant to be a secret and for American interests only, but the General guy chose to keep his unit behind to protect the civilians. I think this led to a bunch of other soldiers deserting and fighting against the General guy and the guys still loyal to him. That's why the CIA was sent in to cover up all the evidence on how fucked everything was; from the secret evacuation order to the general staying behind.
>>
>>27955049
Same. Just another third-person cover shooter and the multiplayer wasn't even worth touching.

Story was great and graphics were pretty good.
>>
>>27955241
Close but I'm pretty sure no cigar.

Conrad (the man in command) volunteered the 33rd to go into Dubai without permission from the US Government. After a cluster fuck of a time trying to maintain order and a failed extraction of the civilians and 33rd, it split into to groups: the wild 'rebel' faction and the still loyal/professional 33rd. Conrad would eventually killed himself soon after the attempt to escape failed.

But because you don't get to bring friends to an escape plan, the CIA decided to unfuck everything by simply killing everyone. Delta went in to find out what the fuck was going on and yeah story goes from there.
>>
>>27955202
>I never bought into the game trying to demonize the player and if that was the intent then it was horribly implemented.

I think of it as more along the lines of you are doing horrible things despite your good intentions. That was kind of the plot of the story: The army could have left the civvies to die or doom themselves by staying behind waiting for help that was never going to come.
>>
>>27955259

Yes, I was playing a character, and that character fucked things up. When you distance yourself as a person from the character in the story I think the story does a good job showing the decent into madness of Walker.
>>
HoD in a devastated dubai. this setting has almost unlimited potential but the final product seems very mediocre from what i've seen
>>
>>27955092
There is a multiplayer mode?
>>
>>27955424
They set out to make something deeper than the usual CoD story and succeeded IMO.
>>
>>27955104
Remove the trip
>>
>>27955110
I think the simple fact it is a video game helps drive across the message in a much more dynamic way, instead of reading about the protagonist blurring the lines of his hero role and seeing the evil in himself it put's the internal conflict to the player which hits especially hard to a AAA 3rd person shooter demographic who are waiting to kill the bad guy because that's when the game ends right? when all the bad guys are dead?
>>
>>27955104
jesus titty fucking christ, this isn't a Fursona character sheet, lose the trip it's not relevant to the board
>>
>>27955012
>it's a rip off Heart of Darkness with hamfisted moralizing and sand episode
>>
>>27955811
So just like Apocalypse now?
>>
>>27955104
nothing personnel kid
>>
File: brando_apocalypse.jpg (31 KB, 995x1081) Image search: [Google]
brando_apocalypse.jpg
31 KB, 995x1081
>>27955819
>faggot detected

Seriously, who doesn't like a fat, bald Marlon Brando who's completely insane?

>You have to have men who are moral... and at the same time who are able to utilize their primordial instincts to kill without feeling... without passion... without judgment... without judgment! Because it's judgment that defeats us.
>>
Does anyone else get the vibe that this may be antman were playing ass and at the end antman becomes the psychopath lunatic we all know at the end due to how he acts.
>>
>>27955104
cool blog
>>
>in this thread everyone is getting buttblasted by a tripfag's post to the other guy for aaking him the question.

Jesus christ daycare just opened didn't it?
>>
>>27955012
Everyone is posting about how good the story is but it's literally The Heart of Darkness rehashed again for a video game
>>
This sucked desu. I realize I wasn't strictly the target audience since I don't really play CoD, but the way the game railroads you into burning people and then blames you for partaking in what was essentially an interactive cutscene was pretty poorly done. IMO, if a game is going to try give me assholes for choosing something, it might as well be fore something Ive actually chosen and not the natural progression of the plot. Would have had far more impact if you had an option to avoid it that you had to discover for yourself and wasn't spelled out, but if you try suggest that it was poorly executed you get all these apologists saying "duh reel choice wuz not 2 play XDDD" like meta bullshit is an excuse for lack of interactivity in an interactive medium.
>>
So... What is the frozen forest?
>>
>>27957612
God damn call of duty kids everywhere these days
>>
>>27955111
Just pirate it
>>
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 201x204) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 201x204
>>27955098
>>
Still need to continue my FUBAR playthrough for that last cheevo. Fuck getting bullshitted in 2 or 3 shots by the magical AI aiming, though.

Still like it, though. Game is bretty gud
>>
>Under rated soundtrack
>Bruce Boxleitner is the man
>>
>>27955067

I have it.

Not from tumblr posts without trigger warnings, but still.
>>
>>27955104
HEY YOU ARE GOING TO HELL FOR BEING A BAD CHRISTIAN ANTMAN
>>
File: adolf.jpg (89 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
adolf.jpg
89 KB, 768x432
>>27955110
Somebody made Heart of Darkness into a video game. That's awesome.

Most of the people who will play the game have never heard of Heart of Darkness, and this game will be their only opportunity to really experience and think about the story. That's also awesome.

The game deserves all the praise it gets, for adapting the story to the medium, and reaching a whole new audience with it.

Even Hitler thinks you're acting like a faggot, anon.
>>
>>27955111
>Although a destroyed Dubai is slightly offensive to behold.
It will be all glass one day hopefully
>>
Let me end, I deserve that much.
>>
>>27955012
The developer team is in Berlin. If it would be an american developer it would have been another "we are the good guys" title were you raise dubai with laser shooting eagles
>>
>>27955109
WP is nasty stuff nigga
>>
>>27955067
>decades of medical research can't be right!
>I know because I read some internet posts about the subject
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_liczxalzk&app=desktop

HUSH
>>
>>27955012
Over hyped bland third person shooter

still waiting on Blood Meridian: The Game.
>>
>>27955110
>I'm the Main Character of a Harem Manga, but I'm Gay so Every Day is Hell for Me
>>
>>27955012
Why isn't he aiming down the sights?
>>
>>27963440
Stop getting so triggered about your meme illness.
>>
File: 20150911_151013.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20150911_151013.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>27955215
I only know of an annual hunting exhibition (thinly veiled weapons exhibition) where you can easily purchase firearms.
I think you can get any weapon at any caliber as long as you get legal confirmation from Ministry of Interior + Police, and provide a damn good reason why you need one (self-defence doesn't count unless you are a minister or some high post).
Otherwise, gun culture and knowledge is very weak here outside of hunting circles. It is not practical, so nobody bothers.

>Pic related

Interesting to mention is that there are no mention of AKs anywhere, implied to be easily associated with terrorist use.
>>
>>27963433
I don't care. The result would have been the same if they used HE.
>>
Dont buy this game. Shit gameplay. Fun storyline. Watch a playthrough and save your money.

The creator likes to come here and promote his PTSD simulator.

Game's whole message is 'war is bad guize.'
>>
>>27960697
>Somebody made Heart of Darkness into a video game. That's awesome.
Sure, I guess that's cool. I just don't think it makes a good translation of the narrative into an interactive vidya. Most of the depth in HoD was in the introspection and internal conflict. Trying to make it exciting and playable is kind of counter-productive to the point the narrative is trying to achieve, along with the emotions it tries to pull out of the audience.

But you know what, anon? That's just, like, my opinion, man. And in my opinion, I couldn't stand the MC's voice actor. It was cringe-inducing beyond belief.
>>
>>27963608
god i hate you IS supporting camel fuckers. i wish the US would nuke you subhuman assholes.
>>
>>27958703
>start listening to The Black Angels a few weeks prior
>hear their songs in the game
>eargasm
>>
>>27955104
Edgelord detected.
>>
>>27955092
I liked the co-op mode, but it was difficult to find people. I wish they would have made it split screen.
>>
>>27955104
So you pretend to be a retarded person?

I'm starting to think that you trip as someone with aspergers just to troll people
>>
> play Spec Ops
> It Ain't Me starts playing
>>
>>27955012
Is he black, white, or spic? Most racially ambiguous protag of all time. OF ALL TIME!
>>
File: Spec-Ops-The-Line.png (4 MB, 1515x908) Image search: [Google]
Spec-Ops-The-Line.png
4 MB, 1515x908
>>27967768
He's clearly white, he even has blue eyes.
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.