[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /k/ I've been interested in survivalism for a long
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (8 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
8 KB, 150x150
Hello /k/ I've been interested in survivalism for a long time and I think you are the right guys to talk to so here's my question if I was going to have all the things I needed for long term survival in a backpack what would those things be? My prerequisites for the kit is 1. It helps me survive for weeks or even months 2.it helps me fend of violent scavengers/bandits/militias 3.all equipment for the kit should be easily obtainable and should be easily affordable on a minimum wage salary 4.it can NOT contain a firearm (in my country they are strictly prohibited and I'm not taking the risk of buying one illegally) there you go what do you think /k/
>>
You're not going to survive for months out of a backpack.

I've had a backpack that I've lived out of (and fought out of) and I needed a resupply of food at the end of every four days and a resupply of ammunition after every firefight. The idea of subsisting as some kind of combat nomad is just a romanticised pipe dream for Red Dawn fans.
>>
>>27946197
Ok then what about simply surviving for a few days at a time then heading into town real every few days resupplying and then head back out?
>>
>>27946211
I'd say resupplying from what
>>
>>27946165
Why don't you go ask people on a trekking forum who walk for several weeks/a couple months at a time?

You aren't going to get any good answers here.

Over 9000 hours in Google gets you started.

http://www.longwalking.com/ultralight-long-distance-pack-list/

He specifically states no overnight camping or outdoor cooking, yes I am aware of that before people sperg out on me for it. However, it gives you an idea of what to bring in terms of clothing and other essentials that are required regardless of "survival" or not.

Also, don't plan on bringing it all in your backpack. I don't know what you think "long term" survival means, but you aren't going to carry 4 seasons worth of shelter and clothing with you. Period. Mountain men, pioneers, nomads, etc. Have either animals in the case of bedouins to help (also don't need winter gear) or stopped to build permanent/semi permanent shelters for storage, resting, re-equipping themselves, sticking it out through bad weather, etc.
>>
>>27946215
For instance if your in a destabilised country and you still have some cash on you could duck into town grab a few days of food and water then head back out
Meanwhile if you are in a country which is a complete bloody war zone in between the firefights head into town and loot some buildings
>>
>>27946222
Well I just fought that since /k/ was a whole firearms/weapons thread they MAY be interested in this stuff
>>
>>27946228
Board not thread sorry
>>
>>27946223
>you could duck into town grab a few days of food and water

Then that's just shopping, that's not survival.

> in between the firefights head into town and loot some buildings

This is just pure fantasy that there'll be vast amounts of perishables left behind or that it's a simple matter of walking around a warzone. Why do you think there are hundreds of thousands of Syrians at Red Crescent/Red Cross centres rather than exploring the buildings around Damascus?
>>
>>27946223
Which is the best way to get a bullet in your empty head. I all likelyhood your BOB will be used to sruvive on the roads something like 72 hours to make contact with either the authorities, or some local freedom fighters if you're on that side of a civil war, or your bug out location, or a refugee organisation like the Red Cross. You will not survive out of a bag. You will not survive on your own.
>>
>>27946228
they might be interested, that doesn't mean you are going to get good information on long distance backpacking--- which is what you are asking about.

Just ctrl-f SHTF and look at the idiocy in most threads where that term is used by OP

>>27946197
>The idea of subsisting as some kind of combat nomad is just a romanticised pipe dream for Red Dawn fans.

this, but even then, by people stupider than that since in Red Dawn they eventually shelter in place, and go back into town to steal stuff etc.
>>
>>27946241
So your telling me the best idea is to have enough food/water to survive until meeting someone who could protect/feed you long term?
>>
>>27946254
Most definitely, yes.
>>
>>27946284
On another note what exactly would be a good bug out location I was thinking about just a farm or something (my family has like ten farmers in it)
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.