[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>work is laying off a bunch of people me included >I have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: o.jpg (157 KB, 1000x664) Image search: [Google]
o.jpg
157 KB, 1000x664
>work is laying off a bunch of people me included
>I have an option to move from Los Angeles to either
>Oregon
>Arizona
In terms of states I should move to, I know AZ has great gun laws. However how bad is Oregon's gun laws? I've been reading up on it and its not that bad, good even however Oregon has a lot of bleeding hearts and is a swing state. Only reason I asked is I prefer the area I will be moving to in Oregon than the areas I will be moving to in AZ. The areas in AZ where I have to live is going to be hot/humid all fucking year and a fucking desert. The areas in OR is going to be sea side, not too cold and not too hot all year.
>>
What specific city/town in OR? Native here.
>>
File: Jews.png (2 MB, 1094x859) Image search: [Google]
Jews.png
2 MB, 1094x859
Poor Oregon.

If you're Hispanic, or speak spanish, if you're over 50, if you hate rain, go to AZ

if you none of these apply, move to OR
>>
>>27938035
Oregon here. Universal background checks, CC is shall-issue, and you can OC in any of our forests or on BLM land. I live in super liberal Portland and no one's ever given me shit about being a gun owner.
>>
>>27938035
>Work is laying off a bunch of people
Let me guess, you work in a coal mine in Kentucky?
>>
>>27938555
what about silencers, MGs, SBRs, SBSs? Is it a NFA friendly state?
>>
>>27938614
Yes to all.
>>
File: 07607bea.jpg (66 KB, 446x597) Image search: [Google]
07607bea.jpg
66 KB, 446x597
>>27938584
>this reading compression
>>
>>27938614
Technically, but someone who lives there should answer
>>
>>27938530
Or hate snow.
Only the bad parts of AZ ever have snow.
Part of why I want to go to gradschool there.
>>
>>27938640
the fuck? northern AZ is great. beautiful and good weather.

southern AZ should be fucking gassed. it's a terrible shithole.
>>
>>27938518
Possibly Brookings, there's a Prison on the CA border that has opening. For AZ I would need to move to something like Yuma.
>>
>>27938728
It's not Flagstaff, if I could move to Flagstaff I would have in a heartbeat.
>>
>>27938790
Go with Oregon. AZ has better gun laws, but between Brookings and Yuma, you'll enjoy living on the coast more.
>>
>>27938807
That's what I was assuming. I've been to Yuma, besides getting gas and its billions of gunstores on the border catering to commieforniafags there's really not much going on there.
>>
>>27938035
The drought will eventually fuck Arizona worse than California
>>
>>27938823
Yeah, but then even more Californians will move up to Oregon and continue to fuck things up. There's just no escape.
>>
>>27938823
That's a good point, what I love about OR is I can go innawoods for 365 days a year because the weather here gets a bit cold but never too cold. While AZ will get into the 100s, and there is always fear of spic cartels out to get me if I stumbled upon their grown sites.
>>
>>27938797
You sound smart. Flagstaff and northern AZ are godly.

If it's between southern AZ and ANYWHERE in Oregon then the choice is easy. OR everytime.
>>
>>27938812
Yuma fucking blows. There is nothing going on in that town.
>>
>>27938728
Prescott fag checking in, can confirm Northern AZ to be best AZ. Fuck ton of old people though.
>>
>>27939562
Calikek here. Just got back from a week in northern AZ and I fell in love.

Land is absurdly cheap too. If I had the balls to leave my comfy job I could sell my house and buy a few hundred acres but I won't because I'm a huge pussy t-b-h
>>
What is/was your profession?
>>
>>27939731
Paladin lvl 90.
>>
>>27939685
Southern AZ is pretty shit though, nothing but beaners and methheads.
>>
Jefferson Co here, you can basically get a mansion for the price of a 2 bedroom in Cali. If you are a poorfag you can go south to Brookings and/or Pricefield county but there's a lot of hippies and methheads living over there.
>>
>>27938035
>>27938790
Are you a CO? LEOSA makes Oregon much more pleasant.
>>
>>27942877
OP here,

Ugh not saying anything because if you too are a C/O or worked in CDCR, then chances are you sign a fucking no disclosure agreement. I am just saying that I am doing my time here in commiefornia until I am 50 which is exactly 20 years from now. I would prefer to do my 20 in a free state, and enjoy the things a free state can afford me.
>>
File: 1448069234725.jpg (408 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1448069234725.jpg
408 KB, 900x900
>>27942959
You sound like a total fucking dumbass, he was trying to help you.

>>27942855
>Pricefield county
This pleases timelord.
>>
Not related to OP's dumbass but anyone know when is the next Norcal/Oregon/Northwest meetup?
>>
>>27943550
Oregon meet up on the 29th
>>
>>27943576
Cool you guys find out a locale?
>>
>>27938035
Arizona has too many mexicans
>>
>>27938790
Lol i have friends whos parents work there.
Laws are pretty good here in Oregon, just federal laws and shall issue cc, but I cant tell you what the future will hold.
>>
>>27942959
That's not me...

>>27943783
In Pelican Bay? Yea if I do move to Pelican Bay I will probably live in Brookings or Coos Bay and then commute. I've been to Portland on my Vacation, this place is fucking awesome. It's kinda liberal, but then people are cool with guns here, its really weird. Usually in Commiefornia liberals wouldn't hear you out, but up there in Oregon people seem to care about other people's opinion more.
>>
>>27943814
>Pelican Bay
Yupp thats the one
Fortunately rural oregon is more conservative and gun owner friendly.
Portland, Eugene, and all the other bug cities north on the i5 are pretty liberal though.
Brookings is a nice place. I like it there, good choice OP.
>>
>>27943842
Yea that's probably where I am going to settle.
>>
>>27938035
The worst and only truly shitty thing about Oregon's gun laws to my knowledge is the lack of state level preemption. Different cities have different bullshit going on but it mostly pertains to open carry and whether that municipality follows the state definition of a bar/concert/whatever, stuff like that.
>Localities that prohibit non-licensed open carry of loaded firearms in public places include: Astoria, Beaverton, Independence, Newport, Oregon City, Portland, Salem, Tigard, and Multnomah County.
Supposedly if you have a concealed carry license you can OC things you could legally conceal in some of those places.
>>
>>27938797
>>27939117
Based innawoods flagstaff is based
>>
>>27938634
Is reading compression like cliff notes?
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.