[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Girlfriend wants conceal carry gun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_2055.jpg (55 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2055.jpg
55 KB, 640x480
My girlfriend wants to get her conceal carry and a hand gun. I'm a xd9 owner and love my gun she has shot it but it's a bit to big for her hands. Took her to the store today had her hold a few guns (px4 9mm, beretta Nano, glock 26, xd mod 2, xds, and the ruger lc9) she's torn between the lc9 and the xds both she likes both fit her hands well. What does /k think?
>>
File: Beretta 3032 Tomcat.jpg (63 KB, 650x601) Image search: [Google]
Beretta 3032 Tomcat.jpg
63 KB, 650x601
>>27933476
Beretta Tomcat in .32acp ?
7+1 capacity.
>>
1 don't get the nano. You have to slam the hell out of the mags to get them in, and the fit and finish isn't worth the money.
I don't really like the grips on any of the springfields. They are like grabbing a handful of legos.
Have you looked at the shield by smith and wesson? I love mine, it's small, comfortable in your hands, and priced really well.
>>
The lc9 is a good gun, I just don't think it's as good as the shield. It just doesn't feel as good in your hand.
>>
Indy wife carries the LC9 and loves it. Great gun. Not to take away from the other choice, but I love that thing
>>
>>27933583
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vun2PqzEOoE
>>
I will have her check out the shield I forgot about that gun. She's a smaller person 5'3" maybe 110lbs so it's hard for her to find something that's not a.38 that she can feel comfortable holding
>>
File: image.jpg (312 KB, 1152x1540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
312 KB, 1152x1540
Get her a shield. Mine fits my hands well but it sounds like I'm a foot taller than her. The grip is tapered towards the front so it should work well with her hands. At least rent one and see how she likes it.
>>
get her to try a shield before buying something
>>
>>27933476
Like some of the other anons said, get her to try a shield first.
>>
>>27933476

Get her whatever fits her hand best. Finger fuck and possibly shoot as many subcompacts as you can before you buy one. I'm the opposite of the Shield guys, the XDs felt better to me so got it. Get what's comfortable and go with it. There's lots of great options out there.
>>
Tomorrow we are going to go rent guns and shoot all day! I'm just happy she's ready to be a gun owner. When I first met her she didn't understand why I carried everywhere now she wants to do it too! Converted an anti gunner that's a positive.
>>
On the case of the xd's I actually like the new mod 2's was thinking about getting a new one for myself. The xd fits my hands perfect but I am not pressuring her to get any gun besides what she wants.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.