[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
combat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: combat.jpg (32 KB, 590x350) Image search: [Google]
combat.jpg
32 KB, 590x350
Is there anything wrong with actually enjoying Combat and such?

Just thinking to myself that if the US ever goes boots on the ground in the Middle east again, I'd probably sign up just for the chance of seeing some action. Life is so boring, just want to kick some doors in.
>>
>>27924015
That's nice
>>
>>27924015
>>
File: fun in the sand.gif (2 MB, 659x609) Image search: [Google]
fun in the sand.gif
2 MB, 659x609
>>27924015

>I just want to kick doors in

boy howdy did you miss the fun of the 07 surge then. room cleared an entire hotel looking for 4 assholes once. also burned shit with a sergeant major, about as good of an experience one could hope for when burning shit.

if thats your only reason to serve then I strongly dont recommend it, OP.
>>
File: dislike.gif (321 KB, 608x447) Image search: [Google]
dislike.gif
321 KB, 608x447
>>27924015
OP is 14
>>
>>27924015
It's normal to think that. Especially when you are young enough to go. Before the frontal lobe in your brain fully matures.

You won't feel the same way the first time it hits you that you really could die. When people are trying to kill you it loses its romance really quick.

After the first time, if you make it through, (you probably will,) you do feel a sense of euphoria. Again, at first, if you kill someone.

Eventually, though, you see the wrong person die, or you see the faces of the lives you took one too many times, and all of that shit starts to disgust you.

If you get lucky, you go home soon after that point.

If not, you either stay long enough to get killed, or become truly good at killing. Then, when you can't do it anymore, you start to miss it. And that last fact is the most disgusting.

So, yeah. Join up.
>>
>>27924169
spoken like a true COD fan.
>>
>>27924015
Nothing is stopping you now... Or is it?
>>
>>27924022
thanks, i work hard on my blog posts, senpai

>>27924041
anon pls

>>27924131
>if thats your only reason to serve then I strongly dont recommend it, OP.

I get what your saying, theres more to military than that, and yes, I do have other reasons to join, Its just this is one of the bigger/weirder reasons.

>>27924412
your right, nothings stopping me, i've been thinking about joining up in a non-Combat MOS too, for reasons.
>>
>>27924412
Puberty
>>
>>27924665
*That there's more to the military than just combat
>>
>>27924398
Do you feel like a hero yet?
>>
>>27924169
>Then, when you can't do it anymore, you start to miss it.

My vet buddy does shit like this.

>"I miss Iraq"
Wut
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAXCQZhtzEs
This guy seemed to enjoy his time at war.
>those comments though
>>
It's the secret that men are afraid to admit to.

We like the violence of action but we're afraid of being labeled as psychotic for saying as such.
>>
>>27924790
On a related note.

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a26372/esq0307essay/
>>
if the US went to another long term war i think i'd re-enlist. maybe. I don't know. I don't miss the Army, but I do miss being deployed.
>>
>>27924878
Hated the corps, only good memories were afg
>>
>>27924015
>Is there anything wrong with actually enjoying Combat and such?
I had one milfag explain it to me years ago like this, as far as I can remember: War is indeed hell. It is boring and dirty and wasteful and terrifying and all that shit. But, he said, COMBAT can actually be FUN. Once you get over the initial adrenaline dump, it's almost like a high-stakes game of paintball.

It's a certain personality type, I reckon.
>>
>>27924948

exactly. I get those days sometimes still when i'm looking at old pictures, or i see pictures from buddies who are still in and deployed to Iraq, Afghanistan and other places and think "fuck, i should go back in". but then i remember how garrison life was, and think fuck it.
>>
>>27924756
>Those s.j.ws in the comments
>>
>>27925017
>It's a certain personality type
This is probably the best thing to say. Some people just need the thrill of it. Which is also why I hate all the political shit surrounding it, like fighting for your country and kill the evil taliban and what not.
I'm sure a good amount of people just go for the experience, including killing someone and being in combat.
>>
>>27924015

Yes. It is like driving a car or operating machinery. If you get distracted by how much fun you are having, accidents happen.
>>
>>27924015
There's another ex-Navy guy in my office. I was on ships and he was in Intel with deployments in Afghanistan. He would ride around with Rangers or marines raiding houses all night. He said the troops would bring him cellphones which he would hook up to a laptop with software that analyzed the data and produce suspect addresses and names which they would follow up with another raid.

I sometimes wish I should have signed up for a job that would let me get deployed to one of the war zones. It seems like I am missing out on an experience.
>>
Its one of the main reasons i joined up. Lots of guys did the same thing. They wanted to see combat. Which is dofferent from the guys who joined up to kill someone.
And there is nothing wrong with enjoying it. Its one hell of an adreniline rush, loke sky divong or bungee or running with the bulls but none of those will evercome close to it.enjoying it is nothing to be ashamed of. On top of that there is a "purpose" that combat gives to your life and missing that will mess you up, but its not something to be ashamed of either.
>>
>>27925302
well, atleast im not crazy, when I say it, definitely got the adrenaline junkie in me
>>
>>27924015
>life is boring
Fucking kids.

Tell us of any better alternatives, dead people don't seem to have a good time either.
>>
>>27924015

If you win and basically no one dies like Desert Storm.
>>
>>27924756
Damn, that's the only Jew I would ever drink with, if he even drinks
>>
>>27924015
I have often thought that way. Then I remember why I am a civilian. I like celebrating thanksgiving and Christmas at my family's house smoking a brisket and turkey. I like hearing my uncle rant about Muslims and Bill O'Reilly. I like playing Santa on Christmas.
I'd take that over shooting brown people any day. I like cooking my own meals not MRE's. I like sleeping in my bed and not at a FOB. Sure, I can handle "deployment conditions" without the enemy threat very well. But when it comes down to it I would rather be stateside. Not fighting a group of dipshits who play mall ninja and get CNN's attention.
Maybe a former service member can weigh in on my beliefs. But I got them from a former Green Beret Jumpmaster and Afganistan/Iraq USAF c-130 loadmaster.
>>
>>27924015
Nope.
http://public.wsu.edu/~hughesc/why_men_love_war.htm
>>
>>27925295
Damn, was he an officer? Or just an IS?
That sounds dope as fuck.
I imagine it's a pretty hard job to land though, not to mention we aren't really raiding houses too much anymore.
>>
>>27927446
Yeah he was an officer. He was following the HUMINT path of their community.
>>
>>27927378
got any more stuff like this? anything talking about the rush men get out of war? also got anything about wheter women get that rush or not?
>>
>>27924718
You came here because you wanted to feel like something you're not. A hero.
>>
>>27929277
on killing by grossman, I've heard it's a good book, as well as professor in the cage
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.