[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mini 14 for $480?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
This a good price /k/? saw it on armslist. I keep hearing mixed reviews of minis ranging from they're really underrated to they're totally shit.
>>
>>27921696
Comes with the scope, by the way.
>>
It's a good price but it's also probably a scam. Literally every good deal I've ever responded to on Armslist got back to me with a "please to be selling to you postal money order my valued friend."
>>
>>27921723
I got an m24/47 mauser in near perfect condition for $200 once off armslist, so it can't be all bad. Or maybe I was lucky?
>>
>>27921723
One time I had a guy that I wanted to meet up with to purchase a Daewoo and he wanted to ship it to me by FFL, but have me pay through PayPal. I was extremely suspicious of this, but thanks to the fact that accounts are shown by the date of registration, I saw another ad of his a week later for some "rare .22LR ammo" at the "discount bulk price" of fucking .25 cents a round. I messaged him with a fake e-mail, and when I arranged a meetup, he actually accepted to meet at his house...

He lived in my neighborhood.
>>
>>27921696
That's a pretty good price these days. Sometimes you can find an old model for 400ish but that's getting hard these days. I can definitely tell it's an old model from that picture.

That scope mount is probably not going to be very good, expect to remove it and shoot the rifle irons-only. Looks like the rear sight was removed to mount the optic so you're going to have to source a replacement if it's not included. Magazine appears to be an aftermarket 40-rounder so odds are it won't work worth spit either.

You're looking at a rifle that probably can't cycle or hit anything when it does and a seller desperate to dump it. Offer 400. Let them keep the stupid scope (probably some useless Wal-Mart Tasco anyway).
>>
>>27921696
They're shit compared to a decent AR you could build\buy for a bit more, but I'd probably buy one at that price if I was bored, they're kind of cool because A team.
>>
>>27921789
I don't really want an AR; I work with thousands of them on a daily basis and it's kind of ruined it for me. Would still like something in 5.56 that's not a piece of shit.
>>
Good price.
>>
That's a good price for a mini. I would defiantly but one for that. They're not nearly as good as any decent AK or AR but for that price you could re-sell it immediately for a profit, or wait a couple years and make even more money. As long as you don't abuse the gun you can't lose.

Personally I would buy it, re-sell it and put the extra funds towards a decent AR like a BCM, Daniel Defense or Colt.
>>
>tfw put three lowball bids on mini 14s on gunbroker
>already won one for $505
>still winning the other two
>only wanted one
lolwhoops
>>
>>27921842
Forgot to mention that they're actually very fun to shoot too. As long as you use Ruger magazines so they cycle reliably.

Also, a major downside is that if you need repairs done you basically have to send the rifle to Ruger (although Ruger has excellent customer service).
>>
>>27921814

Then you'll love the mini. For a fudd rifle, it's got great ergonomics.
>>
>>27921814
I can get that, but in a purely utilitarian, "wut gun is gud?" sense, AR is the right answer. If you want it, it's a good enough price to not be all the way retarded.

Other non AR\ wrong choices would be more costly, so the buy mini, flip when you find something better idea would be a good call.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.