[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you were a broke college student in Canada who is about to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: Capture676767.jpg (74 KB, 517x689) Image search: [Google]
Capture676767.jpg
74 KB, 517x689
If you were a broke college student in Canada
who is about to get a restricted license and
wants to buy a pistol ASAP before they're
banned would you buy any of these?

Keep in mind I don't have much of a budget
$400 is about the max.
>>
Tokarev is the best of the bunch.
>>
>>27911564
i enjoyed the feel when I was at my instructors place, I wasn't sure if it was worth it.
>>
>>27911521
Reminder that registration will eventually lead to confiscation.
>>
>>27911521
a norinco 1911 or the tok depending on ammo availability and personal preferences

both of those 22lr pistols are shit tier and the sd40ve is a cheap gun for poor people who cant afford better considering its the most expensive option its worthless
>>
>>27911588
I can't do much about that sadly.
I may move some day, but other than the gun laws I enjoy Canada so far.
>>
>>27911521
Tokarev. Despite the slightly odd angle on the grip, it's actually incredibly comfortable to shoot. Plus it looks sexy.
>>
get the tok.
easyish to convert to 9mm
please dont say thats banned in peoples republic of canada
>>
Get whichever one fits your hand best and lets you get the most practice with. That means you need to check for ammo price and availability. If they get banned, the RCMP will send you a letter telling you to hand yours in, as it is registered.
>>
>>27911521
Tok good shooters ultra cheap teir

Look at the used market for
Girsan(better than new beretta 92 clones)
Diamondback DB FS 9mm
para 1911
upgraded norc 1911
may get lucky and see a $400 ruger SR9

Your options open up quite a bit at the $500 level
45 ammo is expensive if you want to shoot alot go 9mm or tok
Good luck.

>>27912047
Nope we get russian tok's with no safeties as god intended as well as zastava m70a
>>
What's the point

Your guns are registered right? So when they ban your shit you can't just say "hey, I don't own jack shit".
>>
>>27912107
Guns are registered, if they are lost, stolen, sold or traded the registry gets updated. If you don't report a change in ownership of any kind you get fucked by johnny law.

Part of the firearms act basically removes certain charter rights about unreasonable search and seizure too.
>>
>>27912107
When they ban guns here they usually let current owners continue owning them, they just don't let anyone continue buying them.

There for I would have a legal pistol but I won't ever be able to have one if i don't get it now.

If they just took them away i think there would be enough pissed people
>>
>>27912141
Not anymore. The grandfathering only happened in the late 90s. Nowadays if something is moved to prohib status you'll have to turn it in. The only exception was when the Blaney offered an amnesty to the Cz.858 and Swiss Arms owners.
>>
>>27912141
Tell that to the people that owned AP-80, Walther G22, hi-standard 10B they all got banned after the 12.5 classification ban. They all got confiscated no one got reimbursed.
>>
>broke
then maybe you shouldn't buy a fucking gun
>>
I'd buy the 5" Norinco. It's a very well made gun although the barrel stands a chance of being not great.

Tokarev if you're a poorfag.
>>
>>27911521
Buy the SD40 or the Tokarev, report it stolen, bury it someplace far away, wait a month, dig it back up.
>>
>>27912155
>>27912163
HMmmm
interesting
>>
>>27912165
In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the gun. Then when you get the gun, then you get the women. -Johnny Depp
>>
>>27912185
This, just report it stolen or damaged.
>>
>>27911521
From this list? The Colt Commander copy by Norinco.
>>
>>27911521
In the same situation but in Murrica
get a taurus pt111 g2, shits only like $250 and has been pretty good for me so far.
>>
>>27912518
Man this is Canada, so no compacts and Taurus 24/7 is literally $560 nope.jpg
>>
>>27911521
i'd get the tok
>>
Sig sp 2022
>>
>>27911521
BUY A 7.62x25MM TOKAREV.
Don't fucking question me. Just do it.
>>
Back when those 9x19 tokarevs were imported and selling for 99$, they were selling a lot of rubber grips for 'em that gave them a great feeling in the hand (they were just a PITA to squeeze the gun into).
>>
>>27912598
This if you can. 1911s can be finicky unless you either pay out the ass or perform meticulous maintenance. .40 SW is more expensive than 9mm. And the tokarev will be lacking in features compared to a modern handgun.
>>
File: scaleless.jpg (30 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
scaleless.jpg
30 KB, 600x450
>>27911521
Get the Tok. I love mine.

If you run out of ammo you could probably knock someone out if you whip or throw it at someone.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.