[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did I fuck up, /k/? This will be my first Glock. Also general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: F1GLK19GEN2A.jpg (119 KB, 800x520) Image search: [Google]
F1GLK19GEN2A.jpg
119 KB, 800x520
Did I fuck up, /k/? This will be my first Glock.

Also general surplus/trade-in/used gun thread, post 'em if you got 'em.
>>
>>27906451
So can gen2 glocks take gen3/4 parts at all?
>>
>>27906451

No. Now put an XC1 on it.
>>
No rail, but really you ought to like it quite a lot.
>>
>>27906451
Meh, probably just should have saved another $200 and gotten a new one but you could have done worse
>>
>>27906456
Specifically the recoil spring assembly of the gen 4 and some of the extended mag/slide releases of either gen3 or 4.
>>
>>27906457

Gen2...no rail brah
>>
>>27906485

No, at least not without some adapter or something. The Gen4 recoil spring is wider at the front and the hole in the slide is wider on the Gen4's to accomodate it. Same with the slide release, it's larger on the Gen4s. I think the extended Gen3 mag releases should fit gen2s.
>>
>>27906493
Sheeeet, I want the gen 4's good muzzle flips mitigation without the nigger finger grooves.
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 480x312) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 480x312
>>27906451
Should have got this familia, They fade in and out of sale. I'm getting one.
>>
>>27906460
>>27906488
The lack of rail doesn't bother me, I've got a light on a Sig P220, my go-to bedside gun.

Every gun I own is DA/SA, but I figured I should add a Glock to my arsenal. Didn't want to spend too much in case I don't care for it. Maybe I'll get a new 17 or 26 later if this works out.
>>
>>27906515

Try adding weight to the front of the gun. Gen2s can't take a light, but you could replace the plastic guide rod with a steel one to add some weight to the front to reduce muzzle flip.
>>
>>27906516
One of the reasons I wanted to try the gen 2 was the lack of the gen 3 and 4 finger grooves.

Might be stupid, but I like the look better.
>>
Is there anything in particular that I need to replace our that tends to have a lot of wear on a used Glock other than the recoil spring, or should it be good to go otherwise, assuming there aren't any glaring issues?
>>
>>27906855

Generally no, just the recoil spring. I'd also check and clean the extractor just in case there's a bunch of carbon buildup. It can be removed easily once you remove the plunger safety from the slide.
>>
>>27906547
>Maybe I'll get a new 17 or 26 later if this works out.
If this works out get another 19 or the 26. 17 mags for spares should be on your list of shit to get.
>>
>>27906888
Great, thanks.

>>27906892
Leaning toward the 26, I guess I don't see much reason for the 17. Already ordered a couple mags, including a 33 rounder. I love that the 19 takes the 17 mags.

Anyone have any experience with Magpul's Glock mags? I heard they had issues early on, but I imagine they'd have fixed that by now...
>>
>>27906944
>Magpul's Glock mags
reinventing the wheel and fucking it up in the process
>>
>>27906944

Issues are fixed, I'd use them for training purposes but for defensive use you can find glock factory mags for around $22 online if you search around, I'd still use those over the magpul ones because they're steel reinforced.
>>
>>27906963
That bad?

I was hoping they'd be reliable by now. I like that they're cheap and light, but if they don't WORK then I won't bother.
>>
>>27906984
They work. I didn't have any issues with the ones that were recalled, either. They're a lot easier to take apart if you need to clean them, and you can run them over with a truck while loaded, pick it up, load and fire. I had to do a burnout with my tire on top of it to break one. They work well in a 19 and 26, too.
>>
>>27906975
I figured the steel wouldn't matter if the design was right. Seeing as how their AR PMAGs are fine and all.

If it's fixed, maybe I'll get one or two for the range and try it.

>>27907008
Cool, this is what I was hoping to hear. Thanks.
>>
It looks like a decent price assuming it's in good shape. Does anyone know if there are any problems with this old model or are the later generations just small ergonomic tweaks and the dual spring?
>>
File: g19.jpg (537 KB, 1266x835) Image search: [Google]
g19.jpg
537 KB, 1266x835
>>27906451

They are great. You will want to replace the trigger spring though since they have the NY2 trigger spring in them. I also replaced my magazine catch so newer mags will drop free. Mine came with factory night sights and they still have a little glow in them.
>>
You got a Glock, a standard, simple and (if properly maintained) reliable weapon. You did fine
>>
>>27906451

My only real gripe is not having a rail. If I was to carry a mid size pistol, it really needs to have a rail for some sort of light. Other than that, I love my 19 g2. Sure swap out the sights and get a dif trigger and you're set.
>>
>>27908166
>>27908212
Is there something wrong with the NY2 spring, or is it just heavier than it needs to be?
>>
>>27908263

I;ve had no problem with the stock one, it has been well broken in...Prob should replace that soon too : /
>>
>>27908263

It works fine it's just heavy as fuck.
>>
File: pix925467938.jpg (90 KB, 640x424) Image search: [Google]
pix925467938.jpg
90 KB, 640x424
Just bought a police trade in 5906 for 375

Did I fuck up?
>>
>>27906451
Gen 2 glock 19 is best pistol made
>>
>>27908370
No but be sure to feed it good ammo. I've seen them be kinda finicky about what they'll shoot.
>>
>>27908553
Dang, and I bought it because I kept hearing about how reliable and overbuilt they were.

Do you know if they like light(115) or heavy (147) better?
>>
>>27908613
It doesn't matter too much, and don't listen to the other guy. You heard right about the reliability.
>>
>>27908370
I love mine. You'll probably love yours too.
>>
I have a glock and I've had it for years. Last time at the range it started acting up.

About every 4-5 shots the ammunition doesn't fire. At first I thought it was the rounds, but I tried 4 different kinds, including some high end stuff with the same results.

There's an imprint on the primer on the ones that don't go off. I'm guessing it's not striking the primer hard enough.

I know very little about guns, but what could be causing this and what can I do to fix this?
>>
>>27906451

My first Glock, the gen2 19. It's a goodun.

Only drawback is no rail for light. Other than that it's a great shooter and eats the shittiest of shit ammo flawlessly.
>>
>>27906485
The gen 3 was mostly external cosmetic changes so the slide release should work but the gen 4 spring is a different spring all together.
>>
>>27908842
Probably getting light primer strikes. Try replacing the striker spring, they're cheap and easy to replace, and I'm betting that will fix it.
>>
>>27906516
How much do they cost when they are for sale?
>>
>>27908963

Thanks man. i will try that. I figured it was something like that, but since i don't really know parts of a gun I didn't know where to begin.
>>
>>27908974
Bout $390
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.