[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What weapons did the ISIL terror attack unit use?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 11
I have noticed that not many news outlets are publishing any information on the models and types of weapons used in that attack.

In my head I'm thinking body armor, ski masks, some kind of chest rig (maybe a plate who knows) and maybe a duffel bag of ammunition. They might even be wearing bomb vests if they know its a suicide attack. Are they trained? Maybe, but crudely, I don't know that these guys attended any kind of formal indoctrination training in terrorism.

AK type rifle, definitely.
Some kind of pistol with a punch and good extended magazines, maybe glocks?

Crude homemade explosives, nothing made in a factory.

What do you think?
>>
>>27906013
>They might even be wearing bomb vests if they know its a suicide attack
you do realize most of them blew themselves up, right?
>>
File: rpk_01[1].jpg (15 KB, 650x276) Image search: [Google]
rpk_01[1].jpg
15 KB, 650x276
>>27906032

Why didn't one? That is an important question, do you think he was better armed, maybe something heavier like an RPK with some drum mags?
>>
>>27906046
they blew themselves up probably because they didn't want to be captured or so they could take out others even once incapacitated
>>
They said kalashnikav
>>
>>27906046
>Why didn't one?
He was smarter than the rest.
>>
>>27906138
They also thought foam earplugs were rubber bullets.
>>
>>27906013
>not many news outlets are publishing any information on the models and types of weapons used in that attack.

You need better news outlets.

Suicide vests and AKs.

>>27906046
because he had to get back to lovin his nugget
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3321335/Sick-taunts-Paris-mastermind-Jihadi-boasts-freely-crossing-Europe-s-border-mocks-police-clutches.html
>>
>>27906013
Zastava AKs
>>
File: AKs for everyone.jpg (259 KB, 800x557) Image search: [Google]
AKs for everyone.jpg
259 KB, 800x557
>>27906046
>Why didn't one?
One was killed by the police and the surviving dude probably saw an easy way out the back door and took it. It's very possible that he'll try to pull a Charlie Hebdo and launch another attack.

>>27906013
I have heard that a vehicle found (thought to belong to the surviving guy who is on the run) had several AK pattern rifles inside.
Witnesses claimed that shotguns were used as well, but I don't know if that has been confirmed.

The attackers (the ones at the club at least) were wearing suicide vests. I am sure that there will be a big formal investigation into the matter and we will have plenty of details in a few months or so. That is unless the French government wants to remain tight lipped about it for some reason.
>>
File: 1447699946803.jpg (130 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
1447699946803.jpg
130 KB, 640x1136
>>27906258

80 people got killed in one location, it had to be a big weapon.

I bet they had m249s.
>>
>>27906218
Source?
>>
File: bakelite AK mag cutaway.jpg (254 KB, 2730x2048) Image search: [Google]
bakelite AK mag cutaway.jpg
254 KB, 2730x2048
>>27906311
>80 people got killed in one location, it had to be a big weapon.
They had 4-5 shooters. If all of them were armed with AKs they could theoretically kill 150 people as a group without reloading. Your typical AK will only start to suffer from heat after like 400 rounds.
They could have easily killed everyone in the building if they had the time to do it.
>>
>>27906352
Clarification: I meant that an AK is likely to fail after about 400 rounds of rapid fire
>>
>>27906359
forgive me if im wrong, but didnt the aura shooter try to use a slidefire stock on an AR with a beta mag and it jammed after a short burst and he switched to shotty / sidearm?
>>
>>27906511
He wasn't using a slidefire stock AFAIK. He was using a beta-c mag that jammed. He then started using his shotgun and his pistol.
What does that have to do with anything though?
>>
>>27906511

He had a shitty aftermarket knockoff mag.
>>
>>27906555
were talking about reliability. I dont care if people blame the mag or the ammo, when a gun malfunctions it represents the gun. people were talking about reliability of AKs. im pretty drunk, idk to be honest
>>
>>27906765
>im pretty drunk, idk to be honest
Then come back when you're sober, because bad mags doesn't mean bad gun.
>>
>>27906765
you can have the finest most expensive gun in the world, but fed with bad ammo in a bad mag, or just bad mag it will still jam
>>
>>27907056
mah man
>>
>>27906258
>for some reason.
I'm sure there was a lot of foreknowledge & government involvement in this shit
There always is
>>
File: ak-47-rifle-assaults-rifle[1].jpg (748 KB, 3300x2200) Image search: [Google]
ak-47-rifle-assaults-rifle[1].jpg
748 KB, 3300x2200
>>27906765

still shoots like the first day his great granddad got it
>>
Saw the video on Facebook with the terrorists shot dead in the car and they all had on vests and what looked like m16a2's or maybe just 20 inch ar's
>>
>>27906013
Journalists don't know shit about guns. Any automatic rifle is designated as either ak47 or kalashnikov.

Criminals and terrorists in Europe use the most common guns one can find on the Euro black market : the M70AB2. More and more VZ58V are being used recently as well. Pretty much everyhting else they can get their hands on is from Zastava, such as the M57 or M70 pistol. However they don't typically carry a sidearm, they rely only on their rifle.
The attacker of the hyper kasher back in january was found with a German military surplus frag jacket, which he probably thought was body armor.
>>
File: paris-salute0_3163962a[1].jpg (55 KB, 546x342) Image search: [Google]
paris-salute0_3163962a[1].jpg
55 KB, 546x342
>>27908555
>>
File: terrorist.png (403 KB, 502x503) Image search: [Google]
terrorist.png
403 KB, 502x503
>>
File: coulibaly vz.jpg (17 KB, 534x300) Image search: [Google]
coulibaly vz.jpg
17 KB, 534x300
>>27908601
superkasher guy had a shorty VZ too, might have been of civilian origin.

The paris guy had AKs according to the official prosecutor's report.
He said something along the lines of "they had rifles of kalashnikov type, different models but basically kalashnikovs".

He also noted that "casings of different calibers were found, notably 7.62". No more precisions, but that seems to mean they didn't just had Aks. Maybe a handgun or two in the mix.
>>
>>27908699
butthurt sand nigger detected
>>
EVERYTHING /K/ USED KALASHNIKOV, AMERICAN WILL CRIED AND FILTHY TERRORIST REJOICE! - Why support terrorist /K/?
>>
>>27911016

There isn't much terror support as there is weapons discussion.

If they used AKs thats one thing but imagine if they used ruger 10/22s, that would change the game.
>>
File: Sokolovsky Automaster .45 ACP.jpg (233 KB, 2784x1856) Image search: [Google]
Sokolovsky Automaster .45 ACP.jpg
233 KB, 2784x1856
>>27906013
one or two months ago an african (i belive) male was stopped in bavaria as he was trying to cross into france. his sat nav was programmed for paris. in his trunk the police found 8 AK pattern rifles, 2 pistols, some amount of TNT - yes TNT- and i belive ammo.

its not necessarily connected - weapons smuggle is going on anywhere at any time.
>>
File: trackurlhttp3A2F2Fwww.jpg (20 KB, 252x281) Image search: [Google]
trackurlhttp3A2F2Fwww.jpg
20 KB, 252x281
>>27913497

Damn I guess if you don't give a fuck you can try to smuggle anything.

I'm particularly interested in if these terrorists wear body armor and if they have any training?
>>
>>27906013
They didn't cover their faces. No ski masks - you meant balaclavas, anyways.

No reason to cover your face when you want to be a martyr.
>>
>>27906311
Go back to CoD, really.

At least put some study in the matter you're trying to analyze? Witnesses clearly said they were shocked by how the gunmen not only shot instantly, without any warning, but they also reloaded and kept firing.

Under these circumstances, it's all training and less the gun. A team of 5 with semi auto rifles could kill 80 people easily, you don't need an automatic weapon, at all. Hell it probably makes things harder.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.