[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are things leading up to it again? Or is it just a old boogeyman?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Nuke.jpg (51 KB, 600x360) Image search: [Google]
Nuke.jpg
51 KB, 600x360
Are things leading up to it again? Or is it just a old boogeyman?

In short...when if ever?
>>
The more likely scenario is a gradual grinding down of civilization as inflation, reduced agricultural yields, groundwater depletion, higher energy costs, and other problems begin to harm the average person.
>>
>>27905781
When a non-territorial organization like Al Qaeda gets one

No nation will risk MAD, but a footloose terrorist group doesn't have that problem
>>
>>27906064

Honestly I never understood MAD. If one uses, then all use them...who cares who started it first? Who would be left to bitch about it?
>>
>>27906092
The idea is that no one will start it first in the first place.
>>
>>27906097

But what I'm saying is will history really ever know who did?
>>
File: 1417902536095.jpg (168 KB, 700x913) Image search: [Google]
1417902536095.jpg
168 KB, 700x913
>>27905781
Getting a swift and painless death will be merciful compared to the apparent slow deterioration of society and nature which we are experiencing as we speak.

I was always the guy that said "kek we're okay" when bad news arrived, but ever since the "refugee" crisis and these terror threats in Europe, I'm not sure if there are any sane places left on this planet (with the hopeful exception of Asian Tiger nations plus Japan, which are highly civilized and high tech nations that still have people with heads screwed on correctly).

The Western world is very much in decline. Frankly, if there were other nations with lax gun laws, specifically nations on the Eastern Hemisphere, I would be eager to leave America.

I'm done, m8. Not enough to commit suicide (I'm not at all emotionally depressed), but my political brain is ready to blow itself out.
>>
>>27906092
A full out nuclear war would leave both nations unable to conduct a strategic fight, as a substantial portion of their industry, population, and military would be gone.

This tremendously outweighs the advantages of nukes, namely being expedient ways of destroying cities and other key targets

I think this will last until we get orbital kinetic impactors, then it will start looking a lot more practical to hit places that can't hit back, and justifying it to their allies by "hey it's not a nuke, don't start WWIII"
>>
>>27906209
oh christ, stop being so dramatic.
>>
>>27906245
I guess I'm being a bit dramatic. I just feel low tonight, buddy.

It's just been a while since we had actual good news show up on CNN. Nothing but problems.
>>
>>27906270
>CNN

That's your problem right there. Mainstream news is depressing as fuck, before I went to college I got pretty much all my news from AKfiles and a couple welding/machinist forums I was on, now I don't really read the news at all
>>
>>27906305
This
of course if you listen to the media, you'll feel shitty about the world.
Bad news sells.
>>
>>27906135
MAD = No History. It's not about who started what, it's to say "If you start with me, you won't live to regret it either". I go, we all go.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.