[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /k/ hate .45 ACP? I thought 1911s were good handguns
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 16
File: 1435154450502.gif (1022 KB, 285x165) Image search: [Google]
1435154450502.gif
1022 KB, 285x165
Why does /k/ hate .45 ACP? I thought 1911s were good handguns
>>
>>27845470
It is, anyone who says otherwise is a faggot.
>>
It destroys an extra 21% of my paper targets with each shot.
>>
>>27845470
You won't find a better trigger on a gun than in a 1911
>>
>>27845535
Hmmmmmmmmmm good sir I think the VP9 would like a word with you!
>>
>>27845470
We don't hate .45ACP. We hate people that insist it's leagues better than any other pistol caliber when it isn't. It's still good and it works.
>>
>>27845470
>1911 is the only gun that fires .45
Truth is most of /k/ doesn't give a shit if you don't have a .40.

And the 1911 is a fine handgun that is a little obsolete, but people like it so it's still around.
>>
File: 1009131739b.jpg (84 KB, 799x408) Image search: [Google]
1009131739b.jpg
84 KB, 799x408
>>27845470
.45 ACP is a good enough caliber, but it suffers from capacity issues (as it is a rather large round) and smaller rounds can do the same amount of damage as a .45 ACP. .45 Super took some of the weaknesses of the ACP and shoved them out the window (more power, higher velocity), but .45 Super is far too uncommon and rare a chambering that it will likely never catch on as a mainstream pistol cartridge.

Next to nothing feels as good in your hand or operates as smoothly as a well-made 1911, which is one of the best all-around pistols that a person can buy, but their time as combat weapons in a military capacity has come and gone. Simply put, unless you have fate-deciding faith in 8 shots, you're better off with almost anything but.
>>
File: image.jpg (251 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
251 KB, 1920x1080
>>27845546
Fuck off
>>
>>27845470
most of /k/ are nogun faggots who live to parrot the may mays, the rest are poorfags who have one handgun and swear by what ever caliber it so happens to be in.
>>
>>27845470
It doesn't matter what caliber, gun, etc. gets discussed here, /k/ will have someone who hates it. Sometimes they'll post objective reasons, sometimes they'll shitpost. For the most part, most things said here are based on some kernel of truth and then greatly exaggerated.
>>
File: sar2_zps9896f6cb.jpg (91 KB, 540x378) Image search: [Google]
sar2_zps9896f6cb.jpg
91 KB, 540x378
>>27845470
We dont, i just bought a .45 last weekend.
Isnt she pretty?
>>
>>27845563
B-but .40 is the best of both worlds
>>
>>27845470
.45 and the 1911 are an acceptable combination, a proper combination, a good combination.

Either of the 2, separate from the other is not good.
>>
>>27845604
So is your mother.
>>
>>27845470
1911s being decent guns has nothing to do with 11.43mm clown caliber.
>>
>>27846351
>1911
>Decent
At what, shooting a still target?
>>
>>27846413
What would make a 1911 worse than any other gun for hitting a moving target?

Would it kill you to put a modicum of thought into your shitposting?
>>
>>27846433
>What would make a 1911 worse than any other gun for hitting a moving target?
The fact you don't have as many chances to fuck up.

Inb4 then hit first time, no shit, good luck with that when someone's shooting at you.

Why don't any real police forces use it? Why doesn't the military use it anymore? Inb4 the fuggin marine shit, no, they're switching, inb4 one special forces unit, no, 10 guys in the special operations community using a meme gun doesn't mean it's a standard, inb4 autism. Yes.

>Would it kill you to put a modicum of thought into your shitposting?
Done and done, checkmate.
>>
"Capacity issues"

just buy a drum mag feggits.

Then put a decent long stock on it, and upgrade the receiver to work in full auto.

bam. 1911 best ever
>>
The number one reason I hate 1911s, is having to reload pistol mags fucking constantly. Gimme dat 33 round glock 21 mag pls.
>>
>>27845535
My GrandPower wants to have words.
>>
>>27846447
>Implying there aren't double stack 1911s
>Implying there aren't 1911s in 9mm
>Qualifying your claims with admissions that your statements aren't accurate
>Not knowing what a meme is

If this is what you call effort then I want a refund on whatever tax money went toward educating you.
>>
>>27846523
>Implying there aren't double stack 1911s
Implying you don't lose the ergonomic benefits of a normal one

>Implying there aren't 1911s in 9mm
Implying that has anything to do with anything

>Qualifying your claims with admissions that your statements aren't accurate
Point out where I did that, you can't.

>Not knowing what a meme is
Oh please do tell me even though you're wrong.

>If this is what you call effort then I want a refund on whatever tax money went toward educating you.
He said as he replied to me willingly with nothing that shook my argument.
>>
> implying you can't just put a drum mag on it
> implying you can't put 7.62x39mm in the drum mag
> implying you can't upgrade the receiver to a SKS
> implying the 1911 isn't the best gun ever made full stop, stop asking questions, if your opinions or preferences differ you are wrong
>>
>>27846536
>Implying you don't lose the ergonomic benefits of a normal one

No, I didn't.

>Implying that has anything to do with anything

Smaller case diameter = more rounds.

>Point out where I did that

Much of your previous post is inb4 things that show that you're wrong.

>Oh please do tell me even though you're wrong.

Well there's the fact that you tried to use "meme gun" as a pejorative.

>He said as he replied to me willingly with nothing that shook my argument.

He said as though his entire argument doesn't fall apart when extended magazines and double stacks are introduced.
>>
>>27846624
>No, I didn't.
Then why advocate it as if it's just as good and has the same capacity?

>Smaller case diameter = more rounds
And? Gives no benefit over other more capable pistols which can do the same and hold twice as many or more as a result.

>Much of your previous post is inb4 things that show that you're wrong.
Umm...not sure you know how that works or what that means.

>Well there's the fact that you tried to use "meme gun" as a pejorative
Not at all, it's a meme gun because muh 1911 fudd tier 45 stronk blowdeds up tonks

>He said as though his entire argument doesn't fall apart when extended magazines and double stacks are introduced
He said as he was too retarded to realize extended magazines exist for other handguns and double stacks make the design inferior vs other double stacks.
>>
>>27846641
>Then why advocate it as if it's just as good and has the same capacity?
>has the same capacity

They don't, that's the whole point.

>Gives no benefit over other more capable pistols which can do the same and hold twice as many or more as a result.

And? I'm not saying that the 1911 is better than other pistols.

>not sure you know how that works or what that means.

I'm not sure you do. Saying inb4[true thing] doesn't make that thing untrue.

>it's a meme gun because muh 1911 fudd tier 45 stronk blowdeds up tonks

That attitude is memetic, the gun is not.

>extended magazines exist for other handguns

I never said they didn't.

>double stacks make the design inferior vs other double stacks

By your highly subjective estimate.

I'm starting to think that you somehow took me calling the 1911 decent as a statement that it's the best gun ever.
>>
>>27846697
>They don't, that's the whole point.
Did you just forget you were saying just use a double stack 1911 or something?

>And? I'm not saying that the 1911 is better than other pistols.
Oh, then you acknowledge it's shitty for actually using against people compared to better designed handguns. Cool matey.
>>
File: 1325984035824.png (42 KB, 409x386) Image search: [Google]
1325984035824.png
42 KB, 409x386
>>27846447
>The experts, the elite of the elite, are to be disregarded
>The knuckle-dragging rifle custodians that get stuck with the el cheapo lowest bidder shit are to be heeded
>>
>>27846720
>The experts, the elite of the elite, are to be disregarded
What experts?

>The knuckle-dragging rifle custodians that get stuck with the el cheapo lowest bidder shit are to be heeded
Wha?
>>
File: 1280806404580.jpg (64 KB, 432x288) Image search: [Google]
1280806404580.jpg
64 KB, 432x288
>>27846712
>Oh, then you acknowledge it's shitty for actually using against people compared to better designed handguns

I am posting purely to congratulate you on the quality of the bait, here. Because goddamn.
>>
>>27846725
It really is inferior for fighting purposes versus more modern designs tho.
>>
>>27846712
>Did you just forget you were saying just use a double stack 1911 or something?

Did you misread my post or something?

>Oh, then you acknowledge it's shitty for actually using against people compared to better designed handguns.

I'm saying it's decent. It's an old design but is still a viable weapon, much like revolvers. That being said, if I were offered a choice between a 1911 and a GLOCK 19 I'd take the GLOCK any day of the week.
>>
>>27846724

see

>>27846447

>Inb4 the fuggin marine shit, no, they're switching, inb4 one special forces unit, no, 10 guys in the special operations community using a meme gun doesn't mean it's a standard, inb4 autism. Yes.

He's literally arguing that because a gun isn't the go-to gun for mass procurement from the lowest bidder, it must suck. I guess we can rule out H&K then, eh? Total trash amirite?
>>
File: 1358191555821.jpg (62 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1358191555821.jpg
62 KB, 500x500
>>27846734
>It really is inferior for fighting purposes versus more modern designs tho.

Please elucidate your points further. I carry a 1911, I'm interested to know why it is inferior for combat compared to "more modern designs."
>>
>>27845573

You are now aware .45 Super is the same chamber as .45 ACP
>>
>>27845563
And the AK is a fine rifle that is a little obsolete, but people like it so it's still around.
>>
>>27846738
>I guess we can rule out H&K then, eh? Total trash amirite?
You realize the military used the 1911 before right? And logistically it would have been sensible to stick with it and just upgrade or renew if it was just as good right? And they didn't stick with it, creating all new support lines and inventory for it, because is clearly outclassed the 1911.

Why is this a hard concept?

>>27846737
>Did you misread my post or something?
You're borderline rambling to save pride, I read it, just had nothing to do with what we were talkin bout.

>I'm saying it's decent. It's an old design but is still a viable weapon, much like revolvers.
Sure it is, it still kills people, just like double barrel shotguns, lever guns, bows and arrows, spears.

We just don't use them anymore because they're seriously outclassed.

>if I were offered a choice between a 1911 and a GLOCK 19 I'd take the GLOCK any day of the week.
>Oh, then you acknowledge it's shitty for actually using against people compared to better designed handguns.
So, yes, you do.

>>27846744
Really it just comes down to capacity, and SAO. Some people don't have an issue with SAO, I don't dig it, the trend right now is for carry guns to have some DA ability but if you're just set on it fine, all trolly aside, that's your preference.

No one can argue the capacity is inferior, you say extended mags, I say extended mags on other pistols that are still larger. You say double stack 1911, I say you lose all the benefits of the original, which really is just ergonomics, feels great in the hand, points well, again preferential but there's a reason so many competitors use it.
>>
File: 1446781242307.jpg (86 KB, 546x539) Image search: [Google]
1446781242307.jpg
86 KB, 546x539
>>27846760
>You realize the military used the 1911 before right? And logistically it would have been sensible to stick with it and just upgrade or renew if it was just as good right

No. We used 1911s up through the seventies because we built a staggering 1.9 MILLION of them during WWII. We were using 1911s in Vietnam for the same reason we were still dropping WWII production iron bombs in Vietnam. We just plain fucking ran out of them as they wore out.

>>27846760
>Really it just comes down to capacity, and SAO.

"Capacity" is a shitty argument for a carry gun, because if you're drawing your carry gun for self-defense one of two things is true - 1, the perp is six feet away, so you can't possibly miss anyways, or 2. he's some distance away, in which case spraying bullets at the motherfucker will just make sure you wing some little old lady two blocks away walking her Pomeranian. Aim, motherfucker. Aim.

And that's why SAO is king - nothing, but nothing, can compete with an SAO trigger. Double Action is fucking pointless bullshit designed for retards who're terrified that their gun will automagically decide to turn off multiple redundant safeties and shoot them; it's a nice complex way to increase the parts count and make that first trigger pull heavier for no fucking reason.

>You say double stack 1911, I say you lose all the benefits of the original, which really is just ergonomics

As opposed to all those other double-stack pistols that somehow manage to have equal or superior ergonomics to the 1911 despite having the wider, bulkier grip. Presumably they give blowjobs and do my taxes, too.

Bru, the 1911 is over 100 fucking years old at this point. Some 1911 fudds will tell you it's the best gun ever made ever. I'm not one of those stupid motherfuckers. But if you look at a 100 year old design and "muh capacity muh SAO" is the best you can come up with, you need to go do some fucking research before you try to bantz.
>>
>>27846760
>You're borderline rambling to save pride

What? First off, you're the one who threw a shitfit because you misconstrued me calling 1911s decent as saying they're better than wonder9s. You're the one who fucked up, I've got no skin in this game.

Second, you said that double stack 1911s "[have] the same capacity" as a "normal one." This doesn't make sense, which is why I asked if you'd misread something. How do larger magazines have nothing to do with capacity?

>We just don't use them anymore because they're seriously outclassed.

I don't disagree.
>>
>>27846797
>We just plain fucking ran out of them as they wore out.
Nope, cite it though, this should be good as shit lol. They were still capable, we were looking for replacement options.

>"Capacity" is a shitty argument for a carry gun
This should be good.

>1, the perp is six feet away, so you can't possibly miss anyways
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tkMYoOLAhk

>he's some distance away, in which case spraying bullets at the motherfucker will just make sure you wing some little old lady two blocks away walking her Pomeranian. Aim, motherfucker. Aim.
Yes, you aim perfectly in a shooting situation, everyone is delta oprator with perfect combat calm and one hit deagle headshots yeah mane. Not saying you need to spray, saying you might need multiple rounds for, I dunno, multiple threats, maybe you fucked up a couple shots, peace of mind as much as you can get. No one ever got into a gunfight and said oh fuck man, why did I bring all this ammo.

>Double Action is fucking pointless bullshit designed for retards who're terrified that their gun will automagically decide to turn off multiple redundant safeties and shoot them
>Just being able to draw and shoot versus having to take off a safety
I laugh at u

>you need to go do some fucking research before you try to bantz.
Funny, I just wrecked your trash little argument, your pic, related.

>>27846808
>You're the one who fucked up, I've got no skin in this game.
He said as he kept replying, trying to defend his honor like a neckbeard defends his omegle girlfriend

>Second, you said that double stack 1911s "[have] the same capacity" as a "normal one."
That shitty reading comprehension tho.
>>
>>27845470
1911s are good guns.

It's just the community that surrounds them are assholes. I don't own a 1911 for the same reason why I don't own a Ford Mustang.

But I really don't care for .45. It's just not for me.
>>
File: 1911.jpg (81 KB, 550x600) Image search: [Google]
1911.jpg
81 KB, 550x600
>>27846824
>Nope, cite it though, this should be good as shit lol.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1911_pistol#World_War_II

Shit you not. 1.9 million.

Most of those guns were basically made out of potmetal to save money - they had fairly short service lives; they weren't going to fire < 500,000 rounds before they wore out. A much smaller number were made of quality steel; those were "arsenal guns" for military shooting teams and such, meant for long-term use. Details from this book: http://www.amazon.com/M1911-Complete-Owners-Guide/dp/B003EHCDRE/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1447151912&sr=1-2&keywords=1911

>le yootoob

Cherry picking aside, if you really think spraying more bullets will excuse a complete and utter lack of competence and/or training on your part, kill yourself.

>No one ever got into a gunfight and said oh fuck man, why did I bring all this ammo.

Since you need to carry a spare magazine anyways for clearing malfunctions, your standard 15-round doublestack... that gives you 30 rounds. 30 fucking rounds. But shit, if more is always better, why fucking stop there? Nobody ever got into a gunfight and said oh fuck, why did I bring this more powerful gun? Carry an SBR, faggot. Super Shorty 12 gauge loaded with 00 buck. Or maybe just a back-up gun, a revolver on your ankle. Or fuck, just carry six revolvers in a chest rig and drop'em as they run dry; that way a single malf can't disable your only weapon and you don't even need to stop to clear jams or reload; just draw another gun.

Motherfucker, draw the line somewhere. Of all the people who've protected themselves with CCW guns, many did it with a five-shot J frame and you'd be hard fucking pressed to find somebody who really did need to shoot it out with the fucking crips. Hitting whatever you fucking shoot at is priority #1, not carrying enough ammo to kill six guys in that fantasy gunfight you choreograph in your head whenever you're bored in line at the grocery store.
>>
>>27846824
>He said as he kept replying, trying to defend his honor like a neckbeard defends his omegle girlfriend

I could say the same to you. The same goes for that bit about reading comprehension considering that you can't into syntax and you managed to conflate decent with GOAT and had a shitfit at someone who doesn't disagree with you.

You're an autist of the highest caliber.
>>
File: 1911 pile.jpg (534 KB, 990x705) Image search: [Google]
1911 pile.jpg
534 KB, 990x705
>>27846824
>I laugh at u

>he doesn't know about the grip safety

Seriously, bro. Automatic safety, cira 1911. It's, like, right there on the fucking gun. Grab gun, safety is off. Seriously.

>>27846824
>Funny, I just wrecked your trash little argument, your pic, related.
>doesn't even post a goddamned picture

You really, really don't know how to bantz, Jesus.
>>
>>27846874
>You're an autist of the highest caliber.

No no no, bro, he's just trying to troll, but he's fishing with substandard fucking bait. Dude needs to up his fucking game. In fact, I'm gonna help him, because blind 1911 fanboys are the fucking worst.

He gets one more post - one - and then I'mma teach him some shit for round 2.
>>
>>27845470
Because /k/ likes underpowered guns that don't actually function as weapons and should instead be discussed on >>>/toy/
>>
File: low effort today.png (90 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
low effort today.png
90 KB, 500x501
>>27846897

God dammit anon. God DAMMIT. At least this other guy's got some fucking technique.
>>
>>27846869
>Motherfucker, draw the line somewhere.

Why would I ever carry a 1911 over say a Glock 17? The Glock weighs less, is more reliable, has less recoil, has less protruding parts, no grip safety, and has more than double the capacity. If I want to carry something in a similar form factor to a 1911, why would I ever choose a 1911? Why would I go for the bare minimum of effectiveness when I could have something in the same size and weight that is significantly more effective?
>>
>>27845573
>smaller rounds can do the same amount of damage as a .45 ACP
No, they can't.
>unless you have fate-deciding faith in 8 shots
Capacity is not the limiting factor. Most gunfights end in under 8 rounds. If 8 rounds won't save your ass, more probably won't either.
>>27846447
>Spray and pray is a good way to go through a gunfight.
>>
I'm not on either of your sides but you both said some dumb shit

>>27846824
>No one ever got into a gunfight and said oh fuck man, why did I bring all this ammo.
Many men got into cars and said oh man, why did I carry all this shit. You have to be able to carry all your crap, and single stack guns are slim and easy to carry

>>27846869
if you really think spraying more bullets
Nigga he just said
>NOT saying you need to spray, saying you might need multiple rounds for, I dunno, multiple threats, maybe you fucked up a couple shots
And providing an example of why you might need more rounds is not cherry picking. All the low-round-count shootings don't get rid of the occasional situations where you DO need more rounds.
>>
>>27846869
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1911_pistol#World_War_II
Was never disputed

>http://www.amazon.com/M1911-Complete-Owners-Guide/dp/B003EHCDRE/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1447151912&sr=1-2&keywords=1911
Lol, you have no idea how to cite something do you?

>Cherry picking aside, if you really think spraying more bullets will excuse a complete and utter lack of competence and/or training on your part, kill yourself
>Not saying you need to spray, saying you might need multiple rounds for, I dunno, multiple threats, maybe you fucked up a couple shots, peace of mind as much as you can get.
Your reading comprehension needs some work mate.

>But shit, if more is always better, why fucking stop there?
Because sometimes the law doesn't allow it, nice slippery slope though that'll get you nowhere, google what that is by the way people look real stupid when they do it.

>Motherfucker, draw the line somewhere.
Yeah, what is comfortable to the person in question and within the boundaries of the law, there is a line.

>Of all the people who've protected themselves with CCW guns, many did it with a five-shot J frame
Baseless, sourceless, drooling retard dribble, disregarded.

>Hitting whatever you fucking shoot at is priority #1
I agree, doesn't mean more ammunition is suddenly bad.

>>27846874
>I could say the same to you.
Cept you can't, seeing as no one has downed my argument at all lol, they just go w-well ur jus not good nuff to use a 1911!

>You're an autist of the highest caliber.
Yeah but you'll get over it boo boo =)

Off ya go then

>>27846878
>Seriously, bro. Automatic safety, cira 1911.
Having a safety at all, kekkles.

>doesn't even post a goddamned picture
>You really, really don't know how to bantz, Jesus.
>being so stupid you can't even read
>your pic, related.
>your pic
>your
btfo

>>27846917
>Spray and pray is a good way to go through a gunfight.
Said no one even which is why you are unable to point out where I said that lol.
>>
>>27846488
I want to see this done.

With this.
https://youtu.be/3tEYcUSQDyw

I have a great and mighty need for this to happen, physics of getting 4 stacks of 50 rounds to feed and fire simultaneously be DAMNED
>>
>>27846904
>The Glock weighs less

This adversely effects recoil control, felt recoil, etc.

>is more reliable

Only if you go swimming through six mud pits during your daily commute. If you cannot be arsed to maintain your weapon even infrequently, carry a revolver.

>has less recoil,

Patently false. .45 is a low-pressure round; a slower-expanding gas pulse, the recoil is more of a push than a kick. It's actually more controllable.

>has less protruding parts,

The safety switch is a "protruding part?"

>no grip safety,

As opposed to the Glock's trigger safety?

>and has more than double the capacity.

At the cost of brick-like ergonomics and a trigger pull like dragging a fucking piano across a gravel driveway.

>why would I ever choose a 1911?

Ability to put a round where you want it.

First off - the 1911 has the best-placed manual safety ever put on a gun. In fact the best way to grip the firearm is to use the safety as a rest for your thumb; just by grabbing the gun and gripping it in your accustomed way the safety will be disengaged. The gentle recoil and slim single-stack grip combine to make for a gun that points extremely well "naturally," especially when shooting from the hip. This is also where the single-action trigger comes into play; extremely fine and crisp. (You can get the same result with a Glock - IF you know how to ride the trigger reset, that is.)

Basically, if you can shoot just as well with a double-stack as you can with a 1911, sure, take the doublestack. Me? I can't. So I carry a 1911.

>an example of why you might need more rounds

So maybe load your spare fucking magazine? Why the fuck would you carry an autoloader if not for the ability for fast reloads? That's the point of the fucking design!
>>
>>27846919
>You have to be able to carry all your crap, and single stack guns are slim and easy to carry
Okay, but before we go too off the deep end, and I'm not accusing you of moving the goalposts but the argument I made was about using it as a combat handgun, not necessarily a carry handgun. I carry a single stack, 1911s are a bit big for me to carry, but I have nothing against them if you can carry them, using them open carry or as a service weapon is artardeded.
>>
>>27846930
>>has less protruding parts,
>The safety switch is a "protruding part?"
He's talking about the beaver tail, ya dingus.
True on the ergos. 1911 is sex in the hand.

>>27846935
OK. Sounds like everyone is mixing carry and combat pistols
>>
>>27846922
>you have no idea how to cite something

Don't bother with this; demanding someone give you proper cites in APA format just gets you laughed at. It's fucking 4chan.

>maybe you fucked up a couple of shots

Clearly the solution is to KEEP SHOOTING! That's not spray-and-pray at all, it's just sending more rounds downrage in an urban environment with lots of bystanders!

>Because sometimes the law doesn't allow it

Come on, anon. You can get revolvers almost anywhere. Carrying multiple revolvers is how they did it back in the Wild West. Gunfighters, man. You saying you know more than gunfighters did about gunfights?

>Having a safety at all, kekkles.

Literally nobody believes that you don't know about internal/automatic safeties like a trigger safety. Low quality.

>lol ur so asspain'd omg ur losin so hard lel

No. No no. No, brah, you're - hold on. Hold on, I'mma show some shit, okay?
>>
>>27846935
>using them open carry or as a service weapon is artardeded.

The 1911s design favors accuracy and precision in the hands of a well-trained shooter over things like quick deployment with a minimum of controls, wide variety of carry conditions, etc. In other words its MORE suited to be a combat weapon in the hands of OPERATOR TIER OPERATORS than a carry gun, which is why specops guys still use 'em.
>>
File: 1445396118620.png (191 KB, 498x471) Image search: [Google]
1445396118620.png
191 KB, 498x471
>>27846922
>Cept you can't, seeing as no one has downed my argument at all

An odd point to make considering that this argument only came up because you lack reading comprehension skills.
>>
>>27846922

All right bro here's some shit for you. 1911's an old motherfucking gun. Biggest issue is the extractor; it's just a piece of spring steel that relies on its tension on the case rim. This is obsolete as fuck and the #1 source of issues with the gun which is why so many have a spring-loaded external mounted extractor these days. Second is the locking lugs - only lugs on the top of the barrel, unlike the Glock et al with lugs all around. Third is the tilt mechanism; it has a pin and a little toggle link. This isn't as good as the simple sliding ramp on the bottom of the barrel (again, like Glocks have,) this is why Glocks lock up tighter and have superior mechanical accuracy to anything but a 1911 racegun that's very finely tuned. It's also more reliable. Also the only thing containing the recoil system is the barrel bushing, if it wears out or cracks woah your whole recoil system just went downrange. The plunger tube that contains the springs for the external controls is prone to cracking or breaking (back when they were pinned in, most aren't now but some dumbfuck fudds don't know this.) Inertial firing pin means that dropping the gun "could" set off a round (practically fucking impossible but fudds don't always know this.) 1911s do not like feeding hollowpoints as much; be sure to make a point of how being unable to feed expanding self-defense ammo makes them nothing more than range toys. Harp on the exposed hammer and how it could get brushed back and set off the gun if carried in condition 2.

And then there's the bullet. Holy shit. .45 ACP is half the trolling right there. Just a sec.
>>
>>27846951
>demanding someone give you proper cites in APA format just gets you laughed at
Nigga cmon, you just posted an entire book, say what page holy shit haha. Telling me to stop the entire discussion and read an entire book is just you trying to move me away because you know your argument is falling apart.

>Clearly the solution is to KEEP SHOOTING!
Umm, yes, if you fucked up a shot because a human target at close range is lurching around seeking cover, running at you, or manhandling you, you will need to keep shooting in order to take out the treat. That's not spraying and praying, aim all your shots best you can, but don't act like you Pat Mac or some shit.

>Come on, anon. You can get revolvers almost anywhere
Ah, I see you're falling into your damage control, just pretending to be retarded mode nicely. I accept your defeat.

>Literally nobody believes that you don't know about internal/automatic safeties like a trigger safety. Low quality.
You're right, but if you're going to start being retarded with me why can't I be retarded with you? Give and take.

>>27846958
>In other words its MORE suited to be a combat weapon in the hands of OPERATOR TIER OPERATORS than a carry gun, which is why specops guys still use 'em.
Brought that point up a long time ago, no special operations use it as a standard, save for MARSOC because, again, they're just updating their aging guns with new parts.

>>27846970
Cept not, but whatever helps you cope =)
>>
File: 1299737031926.jpg (48 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
1299737031926.jpg
48 KB, 604x453
>>27846985
>b-but they're chambered in 9mm

"Then why not get a modern gun chambered for that round from the getgo instead of an old POS rejiggered for it that can't take advantage of the capacity anyways?" Be sure to mention that the 1911 was a weak pistol underbuilt for the old space-wasting black-powder hand-me down .45ACP casing so that proper modern self-defense loads of 9mm +P+ might well crack the frame. But plenty of dumb motherfuckers will fellate the .45ACP.

Point out 9mm penetrates car doors and other barriers much better; it's a narrower bullet moving faster, focusing more power behind a smaller point. There's a quote from lend-lease.ru from a Russian tanker talking about using M4 Shermans; go read it and bookmark the part where he mentions two guys cutting loose at each other with Thompsons. The .45 ACP didn't penetrate their thick winter coats. Yes this is cherry picking. Yes it drives fudds absofuckinglutely insane. Quote Sanow, (the guy who did the fucking research on handgun rounds all doing the same damage,) and point out that .45 was chosen by the Army back in the day by some fucksticks going to stockyard and shooting cow carcasses and trying to measure how far they swayed (this is an actual fucking thing they did I am not fucking shitting you.) Cite the kinetic energy equation and explain that it proves that 9mm is just better because it moves so much faster; anyone who disagrees is a moron who doesn't understand basic physics. Say the recoil is heavier and that makes follow-up shots too hard which eliminates the 1911s SAO advantage entirely.

This will drive them fucking insane. I promise you.
>>
>>27847004
>Nigga cmon, you just posted an entire book, say what page holy shit haha.

If I had it with me at the moment I'd go get it and tell you. I don't. It's in the beginning section under "history."

It basically boils down to "and then they ran out of disposable pistols and they were like shit, we need to buy a new gun guys, shit." Whuppity fukkin do, really.

>aim all your shots best you can, but don't act like you Pat Mac or some shit.

Frankly, if I either haven't reached cover or stopped the threat by the time I've fired eight shots I'm hosed already. If I was Pat Mac I'd carry a revolver and speedloaders and bounce shots like Revolver Ocelot, but I'm not, so I carry a gun I can actually reload fast.

>not going after that wild-west gunfighter bullshit

One thing that drives people fucking nuts is if you respond seriously to what is obviously a joke, or joking used to mock you. Act like you're super autistic with no sense of humor and they will fly off the fucking handle. It's amazing how well it works.

>no special operations use it as a standard

Plenty of 'em use derivatives which are just 1911s with a shitfuckton of bells and whistles sold under a fancy name, like much of what STI makes.
>>
>>27847032
>and then they ran out of disposable pistols and they were like shit, we need to buy a new gun guys, shit
That doesn't sound shady to you? The entire US military ran out of pistols? Then why did the marines continue to use them for so long if they ran out? Like, what? It's always cheaper to replace bulk parts than bulk guns, especially with the simple 1911 construction, they were looking to update and standardize.

>Frankly, if I either haven't reached cover or stopped the threat by the time I've fired eight shots I'm hosed already.
How so, again I need to back off from concealed carry gun status, I already said I'm alright with it as a carry gun, has other shortcomings, but single stack concealed carry is fine. I'm talking about a service pistol or open carry.

>not going after that wild-west gunfighter bullshit
Why would I go after retardation?

>Plenty of 'em use derivatives which are just 1911s with a shitfuckton of bells and whistles sold under a fancy name, like much of what STI makes.
Not as a standard
>>
Oh, almost forgot. It is possible to get a doublestack 1911 in 9mm that uses a spring-loaded internal extractor and that has no grip safety because there's ten trillion aftermarket parts and variants out there. If someone points that out be sure to observe how this vast proliferation makes something as simple as buying good magazines a chore; requiring you to spend "hundreds" of dollars trying out different parts combinations and/or handfitting them or paying a gunsmith to do it just to "get a gun that feeds JHP reliably." All that and no warranty service, either! Clearly an inferior choice for people who want to play dress-up with their guns like girls like to accessorize their barbie dolls.
>>
>>27845546
The PPQ would like to have a word with you both.
>>
>>27847004
>Cept not

'cept totes. You're in straight up denial now.
>>
>>27847040
>That doesn't sound shady to you?

Uh, no? They had a vast stockpile of handguns sitting around that were already paid for. Why the fuck would they spend money on new guns?

But, most of them were potmetal lowest bidder guns and they did wear out after years of use. Like, not internal parts - the guns themselves were done for, frames, etc. Plus they had a chance to buy a new toy - why would they go with an old design when they could get something brand new? Arguing that Army Wisdom == Actual Wisdom, dunno bru, that's up to you, but everyone was going WE NATO NAO GIT ON DAT 5.56 AND 9MM THANG GUYS, so they did.

And then they bought an Italian gun, jesus christ.

>I'm talking about a service pistol or open carry.

Honestly, same diff. If you're a soldier you only draw your sidearm if your rifle's jammed and someone pops around a corner over yonder and you need to light him up right the fuck NOW. On the flip side a war zone IS a place where giving the recruits a 15-round magazine to spray and pray with makes sense, because the only people they're likely to wing by accident are more fucking enemies, so, y'know, it's cool.

... still think a single-stack's ergos would be better for most soldiers, esp. since they tend to point so nice, but ffs chamber it in 9mm, by all means.

>Why would I go after retardation?

Drives people fucking nuts. Trust me. Try it sometime. Just once.

>Not as a standard

So?
>>
>>27847055
Cept not, go back to the original and see what was actually said and come back to me.

>>27847064
>Uh, no? They had a vast stockpile of handguns sitting around that were already paid for. Why the fuck would they spend money on new guns?
So you're agreeing with me that they wouldn't buy new guns unless it actually was an obvious outclass, you know, like they've always done it.

>Honestly, same diff
No.

>Still rambling about spray and pray
For shame

>Drives people fucking nuts. Trust me. Try it sometime. Just once.
>Being so troll you're pathetic
lol

>So?
So a couple dudes using a 1911 versus entire organizations moving on to better designs says something.
>>
.45 case capacity is overkill, it's almost as big as a .223.
Takes up too much space.
>>
File: 1446521680344.png (44 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1446521680344.png
44 KB, 625x626
>This whole thread
>>
so seriously doe, with all the crying going on in this thread, who here has actually fired a 1911?
>>
>>27847079
>go back to the original and see what was actually said

I believe that the post that triggered you was "1911s being decent guns has nothing to do with 11.43mm clown caliber."
>>
>>27846748
Shortened chamber, same case dimensions.
>>
>>27848802
Dude, what? The .45 auto and .45 super are externally identical aside from the headstamp. Nothing in the chamber changes at all unless it's a full supported chamber. The only differences are the reinforced brass in the Web and primer pocket, especially in the case of SMC cases.

.45 GAP has a shorter chamber
.460 Rowland has a lon get chamber
>>
>>27847044
Nah man, it never moved beyond the 1911A1 remember. Just ignore those polymer frames, belled or linkless barrels, and double action variants too

Seriously though, 1911s just fall victim to the types that don't actually want to learn their guns. Same folk that buy pull through sharpeners and velcro sneakers.

Also thishttp://pistolsmith.com/showthread.php?t=16669
>>
>>27847107
I have a Tisas. I thought it felt nice even for a cheap gun. Not nicer than my daily carry, but I might just be used to it. Capacity was too low (I feel safer with 16 rounds, sue me if you must) and it was too heavy for me to consider using for ccw, Did make for a great halloween prop this year though.
>>
>>27845573
>fate- deciding faith in 8 shots
You can get double stack 1911's that have a 12-13 round capacity
>>
the problem with 1911s on /k/ is that theres always that one jackass that spouts some shit like "no penetration" or "meme gun." then the thread turns into one giant shitpost arguing about how many rounds you need in the gunfight you're not getting into or what caliber you need to use to dispatch 50 apes.

the 1911 is a fine handgun that's seen many years of production for good reason. if it was a nostalgia thing, only elderly shooters would own one.
the morons on /k/ either have no real-world experience with the firearm, don't have hands large enough to comfortably grip it, cant hit shit with a handgun in the first place, are biased towards another company, or are let down by some festered imaginary hype about the "one hit will kill everything, most accurate pistol ever made by mortal men."
>>
>>27845546
Piss off VP9 guy
>>
>>27845546
DAE LE MEME GUN?!

fuck off fgt
>>
>>27846498

my Grand Wizard wants to have words
>>
>>27851036
Hell, I have tiny-ass hands, but the 1911 fits me amazingly well. It's just extremely well designed ergonomics. None of that finger choil, curved and smoothed, overdesigned bullshit. Comfortable for every hand.
>>
File: yo homie.jpg (72 KB, 1280x536) Image search: [Google]
yo homie.jpg
72 KB, 1280x536
>>27845573
So I just googled a bit and it seems that the HK USP will fire 45 Super ... so ... I think I know what my next pistol is going to be.
>>
>>27846869
>spraying more bullets will excuse a complete and utter lack of competence and/or training on your part, kill yourself.

Well by that logic, I got we should consider Re-adopting the Winchester. How often do you think modern soldiers are trained in pistol shooting anyway, let alone one's that are issued then or actually get to use in combat?
>>
9mm, 357sig, and 10mm are the only legitimate auto cartridges
>>
>>27851036
As some one who once owned a glock 30S and shot a brick twice in less then 10 feet with fmj, and got no cracks or even dents. Just smudges.

Fuck .45 it really has no penetration.
I got sold on the whole .45 is better then

Lol 9mm
And .40 compromise

I now own a glock 19. And carry hst 147 gr+p
>>
>>27852851
if you want to shoot super go for the mK 23
>>
>>27845535
Not all 1911s are .45s
>>
>>27853542
.45 fags btfo.
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 380x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 380x500
>this entire thread
>my face when
>>
>>27845470
Because everyone here loves James Yeager.
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.